• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Whats Wrong With This Chick?

Started by ziznak, September 21, 2012, 06:53:24 PM

area51drone

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 07, 2014, 07:38:31 PM
The little Woman of Willendorf statuette is a personal favorite of mine. She was made in a time to represent plenty and fecundity, probably not as a representative figurine since 25,000 BCE, bodies reflected the reality of survival, but here she is, an idealized female figurine from the Paleolithic era, reflecting the ideal of plenty. And there are many more like her from other eras as well.

I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but unless there were text to back this up, which I don't believe existed 25,000 BC, the reason this statue could have been created was to make fun of some fatty.  Wikipedia backs me about this as no one knows why it and the others like it were created.   So my speculation is just as valid as yours.

Here's a woman very sure of herself.   Good for her.

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2014, 04:05:39 AM
I hate the be the bearer of bad news, but unless there were text to back this up, which I don't believe existed 25,000 BC, the reason this statue could have been created was to make fun of some fatty.  Wikipedia backs me about this as no one knows why it and the others like it were created.   So my speculation is just as valid as yours.

Here's a woman very sure of herself.   Good for her.

Maybe you're trolling, and I'm taking the bait, I don't know, I don't care, but those little statuettes are found all over from Paleolithic times. When survival is a daily, even hourly experience, people don't have time to mock others, but they do have the artistic urge to put their ideal into form. It's when bellies are full and boredom sets in, that people with too much time on their hands and not much else going on have the luxury of belittling others. The Venus of Willendorf is an acknowledged Paleolithic work of art.

area51drone

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 08, 2014, 04:58:32 AM
The Venus of Willendorf is an acknowledged Paleolithic work of art.

This may be true but everything else you said is absolutely speculation.  If you think people didn't laugh back then too, you are crazy.   If you read the wikipedia article, they say that it's more likely it was some kind of fertility statue, which would have nothing to do with a woman's attractiveness, just a "tool" to help her get pregnant and hopefully have a healthy child.   So don't go equating it to "this is what beautiful women looked like" back then.   If you want a history book lesson, go search "ancient sexual art" and you'll see how women have been drawn through the ages.  Very few of them are large obese women as in the little venus statues.

Quote from: area51drone on February 08, 2014, 05:19:44 AM
This may be true but everything else you said is absolutely speculation.  If you think people didn't laugh back then too, you are crazy.   If you read the wikipedia article, they say that it's more likely it was some kind of fertility statue, which would have nothing to do with a woman's attractiveness, just a "tool" to help her get pregnant and hopefully have a healthy child.   So don't go equating it to "this is what beautiful women looked like" back then.   If you want a history book lesson, go search "ancient sexual art" and you'll see how women have been drawn through the ages.  Very few of them are large obese women as in the little venus statues.

I guess you've never heard of Rubens, then. Nowhere did I say this is what beautiful women looked like back then, even though you are putting quotes around it to make it seem as thought I did. What I said was that when people are starving, their ideals are different than when day to day survival isn't an issue, and for that reason, the large breasts and belly of this little statuette is an artistic rendition of the hope for fecundity, which you are conflating with erotic artwork, a separate issue. There are many lovely statues of Greek goddesses. I'm sure they, too, don't represent the average woman of the times, but the ideal.  I also doubt people in Paleolithic times were as shallow or vacuous as these times, or had the time to sit around and carve little artworks to make fun of heavy women. They were too busy keeping alive.

area51drone

Look, you guys referenced the statue, not me.  I put the quotes on there as an emphasis to the idea of what I thought was being said.  I'm sorry if that is not what you meant.  It sounded like you were agreeing with Onan, which I think he basically flat out said that the figure was a representation of women back then.   Erotic artwork is more representative of what people found appealing than a fertility statue, at least in my opinion.   Look, we're talking only hundred thousand years of evolution here, at best.  You really think that the standard of what men find attractive (overall) has changed that much?  No way.  That's like saying people don't like clean pure water because back then they had dirty water to drink.

As for the Rubens, are you referring to Peter Paul Rubens, who depicted chubbier women in many of his paintings?  If so, yes, I have seen his work, although I honestly didn't remember his name.   He depicts both skinny and chubby women.   Yes, there are always exceptions to the rule and no doubt some dudes have a fetish for larger women.   That doesn't mean it's the norm.  Some dudes have fetishes for getting whipped in the face too...

As for "time to make fun of others" (metaphorical quotes for you again).   Yes, too busy trying to keep alive whilst laughing at people fighting for their lives against lions, or having battles to the death in the gladiator arenas.  Yes, there was no time for enjoying other people's misery back then.  No, they weren't shallow at all.  BAHH!  They were probably FAR more shallow, sadistic and mean.   I bet people today have the same exact human tendencies that our ancestors had - the difference there is "education."  And I put that in quotes because again that's society's education.  I'm sure you have read Lord of the Flies, which I personally believe to be an accurate representation of how kids would interact with each other without adults around.   I agree with Onan that what might be attractive today comes from society, but if you took a naked woman (or man) without makeup or done-up hair from any time era, you will still find that there is a standard level of beauty that the opposite sex will be attracted to.

ziznak

i thought that back in ancient times being a fatty was attractive because it meant you were rich.  Only rich people could afford to become fat or something like that.

doing a google search for the woman of willendorf i found the "wonder woman of willendorf"

made me lul... I'd rather be with a natural beauty than a  jekyll hyde but... I really have to say a little bit of makeup CAN go a long way.

this thread should be renamed "cocks vs boobs" or just melded with the old sex war thread from a few years back

Ziz, do you mind if I save the Wonder Woman of Willendorf? It's a hoot!

ziznak

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on February 16, 2014, 02:38:48 PM
Ziz, do you mind if I save the Wonder Woman of Willendorf? It's a hoot!
not my design dear,
have at it!

So I think I have a new favorite Emma

Are we posting art pr0n up in here now? This post may also fit in what does user XXXX look like.

area51drone

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on February 16, 2014, 08:20:05 PM
Are we posting art pr0n up in here now? This post may also fit in what does user XXXX look like.

Looks like early 12th century Ferengi art to me.. before they grew the ears.

ziznak

I'd hit it.... oh and i meant THIS EMMA!
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0731075/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Quote from: albrecht on February 07, 2014, 01:58:47 PM
... The Chinese even have a kind of egg, so-called "100 year egg" in which the egg is buried in the ground, often fertilizer, for a longtime to ferment. And then eaten...

Oh man, I've seen those things in Chinese grocery stores.  Bleeh, I don't even want to know what they look like inside

[attachimg=1]

bateman

She looks like the model Cam Damage. 10/10, would take out to a nice steak dinner.

ziznak

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 19, 2014, 04:01:40 PM

Oh man, I've seen those things in Chinese grocery stores.  Bleeh, I don't even want to know what they look like inside

[attachimg=1]
kinda like eating stinkheads... fish heads burried and allowed to ferment.  Think thats an Eskimo or Inuit thing.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 19, 2014, 04:01:40 PM

[attachimg=1]

Like George Noory's soul.

Interesting how the sexes regard ideal body types; we are strange, complex creatures.

area51drone

Women will enjoy this.  Maybe some of you guys will too.  But what's wrong with this chick?  You probably won't notice her biggest flaw until the last picture.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/retro-fashion-history_n_5233099.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

Quote from: area51drone on May 01, 2014, 04:24:44 AM
Women will enjoy this.  Maybe some of you guys will too.  But what's wrong with this chick?  You probably won't notice her biggest flaw until the last picture.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/30/retro-fashion-history_n_5233099.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular

She's only 16, so i can't imagine what her flaw is. Kudos for her project, which is a nice exercise in fashion as history. It would have been interesting to see taken farther with a variety of hairstyles, particularly since long loose hair only became popular in the 60's, while the 80's had those dreadful shoulder pads and the twenties and thirties, the boyish silhouette with bobbed and then stylized tight waves. Women in the 40's were on ration, so their complicated hairstyles became the focal point since new dresses were for most an unobtainable luxury. The sixties were do your own thing, natural, seventies meh, and now fashion is edgier than in previous decades. I like now a lot: dresses and leather jackets, but secretly, I'm a fifties kind of girl, a Grace Kelly admirer.  ;)

I did a very similar project in college, but took it from togas to the future, and it was a fascinating project indeed, particularly on the reversal of female and male adornment from the 17th century on. Men customarily were the adorned ones, the ones with the bejeweled embellished clothing (think Henry VII). It's only recently that ear piercings, jewels in the ears and jewelry became mainstream as fashion for men. Definitely, not in my parents' days.

area51drone

Interesting take by these women.  "It would be okay if it was boys."   Both of these CNN women are obviously worried about their appearance themselves, and also admitting that men are more attractive when they have power.   MV, watch out for these bellgab groupies!

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/us/2014/05/07/ath-nfl-style-prom-selection.cnn.html

Flaw??

She wears glasses?  She likes the color pink?  She didn't shave her underarms?   ???

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Treading Water on May 08, 2014, 10:30:53 AM
Flaw??

She wears glasses?  She likes the color pink?  She didn't shave her underarms?   ???

You need to see it from Area51's POV..he's the authority on which women do and don't make it to the international exacting standards. I thought everyone knew that? It's backed up by his own dazzling perfection that has women literally throwing themselves at him.

Maybe.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2014, 10:38:26 AM
You need to see it from Area51's POV..he's the authority on which women do and don't make it to the international exacting standards. I thought everyone knew that? It's backed up by his own dazzling perfection that has women literally throwing themselves at him.

Maybe.

My friend has a truck with a license plate that says CHKMGNT.   It's a piece of shit old truck.  Maybe that's me and I'm just spewing smelly gas out my anal cavity.  The bits of poop land right in your nose Puddy.  Don't you love it?

area51drone

<---------- This is hot.  You deny it Puddy?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on May 08, 2014, 10:54:57 AM
My friend has a truck with a license plate that says CHKMGNT.   It's a piece of shit old truck.  Maybe that's me and I'm just spewing smelly gas out my anal cavity.  The bits of poop land right in your nose Puddy.  Don't you love it?

You flatter yourself too much. Get your arse wiped, it's not attractive.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: area51drone on May 08, 2014, 10:55:40 AM
<---------- This is hot.  You deny it Puddy?

'This'?

As in object? Is 'it' an inflatable doll? I've photographed lot's of attractive women and handsome men in a past life taking photographs..So your avatar I'm afraid doesn't make my pants twitch, sorry...I'm sure she's very nice in the flesh, but maybe only until she starts to speak? Many many pro models aren't that bright or sexy, but trust me on that. Yet the sexiest and most stimulating (and creative in the sack) you probably wouldn't look at twice because they don't reach your recognised standards..

Juan

The ones who amazed me were the beauty pageant girls.  I first met them as a photographer, then as cub reporters in newsrooms.  They had a learned idiocy - concerned only with beauty products, tape methods to lift their breasts, brands of firmgrip (a spray stickum that made clothes fit more tightly and exactly) and how to make themselves look taller.  I first thought all the cliches about the stupidity of beautiful women were correct, but I soon learned that if I could break these young women out of that beauty pageant mentality, they were frequently quite intelligent.  It was a bizarre situation.

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 08, 2014, 11:04:58 AM

'This'?

As in object? Is 'it' an inflatable doll? I've photographed lot's of attractive women and handsome men in a past life taking photographs..So your avatar I'm afraid doesn't make my pants twitch, sorry...I'm sure she's very nice in the flesh, but maybe only until she starts to speak? Many many pro models aren't that bright or sexy, but trust me on that. Yet the sexiest and most stimulating (and creative in the sack) you probably wouldn't look at twice because they don't reach your recognised standards..

You talk in circles Puddy, constantly.