• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random Political Thoughts

Started by MV/Liberace!, February 08, 2012, 10:50:42 AM

Jackstar

QuoteThe intention was to make speech, and especially speech on any subject not ideologically neutral, as nearly as possible independent of consciousness. For the purposes of everyday life it was no doubt necessary, or sometimes necessary, to reflect before speaking, but a Party member called upon to make a political or ethical judgement should be able to spray forth the correct opinions as automatically as a machine gun spraying forth bullets. His training fitted him to do this, the language gave him an almost foolproof instrument, and the texture of the words, with their harsh sound and a certain wilful ugliness which was in accord with the spirit of Ingsoc, assisted the process still further.

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 06, 2014, 07:07:24 PM
Something similar goes on with ObamaCare.  Since Day One all Dems have been 100% behind it, with no criticism allowed whatsoever.  It is to be considered 'Settled Law'.

Every so often along comes Barry to announce various changes and postponements to it - some 30 to 40 to date, at least - many which are significant.  And all the supporters continue on as before, fervently supporting it before and after every change.  The various changes are barely even mentioned in the Media, if they are at all.  They matter not to the settled law crowd - there weren't any problems before the changes, it is to be embraced as before after the changes. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 06, 2014, 06:55:25 PM

But the - now 'Climate Disruption' - ideologues aren't really talking about those issues.   Their focus continues to be on carbon taxes, more centralized bureaucratic power, and killing more jobs and industries

Doesn't it give you pause when this 'settled science' is changed up every few years, but the 'solutions' remain the same?

So, I've started digging into this new Climate Change Assessment from the Administration. I haven't gotten too far into it, but it seems to claim that across the US that rainfall has increased in the form of heavier downpours at an increased rate while at the same time claiming that human use water shortages will continue to get worse. It even shows an increase of downpours for the Southwest. In fairness, there are certain scenarios where that might happen in a localized fashion, but I don't see how it would on the whole, and even those localized issues would have more to do with having more wells dug than the aquifer can handle than it would climate change. I haven't dug deep yet, but there seems to be much reason for skepticism here.

Of course, Obama has Holdren out with his usual scare tactics. They're going all out on this one, they're even out to scare allergy sufferers this time:

Climate Change Is Disrupting Entire U.S. - Report

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on May 07, 2014, 12:50:34 AM

Of course, Obama has Holdren out with his usual scare tactics. They're going all out on this one, they're even out to scare allergy sufferers this time:

Climate Change Is Disrupting Entire U.S. - Report
I knew that "Big Pharma" also had to be a part of this. More allergies equals more anti-histamine use! Kidding aside for a decade or so all we've heard of is the drought. I'm glad that this "professor" is claiming the Southwest is getting so much rain due to the warming, sorry, disruption. When is it going to happen? And why should we complain about some rain in the parched Southwest?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 07, 2014, 09:10:06 AM
I knew that "Big Pharma" also had to be a part of this. More allergies equals more anti-histamine use! Kidding aside for a decade or so all we've heard of is the drought. I'm glad that this "professor" is claiming the Southwest is getting so much rain due to the warming, sorry, disruption. When is it going to happen? And why should we complain about some rain in the parched Southwest?

He's only a professor in name only, he doesn't actually know anything. Relax.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 07, 2014, 09:56:59 AM
He's only a professor in name only, he doesn't actually know anything. Relax.
Don't get me wrong. I hope the professor, of Teresa and John Heinz Professor of Environmental Policy fame,  is correct. We could use all that rain he says is happening and coming! He clearly is highly educated. I'm just waiting for the rain! And, man, my allergies have been bad. I wonder if the warming, strike that, the "disruptions" have caused all the increases in things like peanut allergies. I don't recall anyone having that allergy as a child. Now airplanes and schools have banned peanuts sometimes due to the prevalence. I will blame "disruptions".

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on May 07, 2014, 09:10:06 AM
And why should we complain about some rain in the parched Southwest?

Where do you think the water vapor comes from?

Let's see, he has blood on his hands.  He's a moron.  He's slimy and dishonest.  He a racist.  He's a top Democrat opinion leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6MTlT2Ye8

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 28, 2014, 10:39:43 AM
Let's see, he has blood on his hands.  He's a moron.  He's slimy and dishonest.  He a racist.  He's a top Democrat opinion leader.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VD6MTlT2Ye8
He's not a "top Democrat" opinion leader.  The rest, I'll concede, but not that.

Jackstar

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 28, 2014, 10:57:20 AM
He's not a "top Democrat" opinion leader.

He has his own damned television show!!

QuoteThe rest, I'll concede, but not that.

Look, I sympathize, I really do. But, smell the coffee.

http://youtu.be/2jVAIitIP-4

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Jackstar on May 28, 2014, 09:54:41 PM

a lot of people have had a tv show. Chevy Chase had a tv show.  Nobody cared then; nobody cares about Sharpton now.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 29, 2014, 08:24:15 AM
a lot of people have had a tv show. Chevy Chase had a tv show.  Nobody cared then; nobody cares about Sharpton now.

Didn't realize Chevy Chase was a politician.  Oh, that's right, he isn't.

You seem very confused.

Just admit it.  The D's need scum like this to keep things stirred up in the African-American community.  For, you know, votes. 

It's the Party first and the hell with the good of the country.  Always.

Quote from: albrecht on May 28, 2014, 09:14:29 AM
There is no such thing as "women", or "men". Get over your gender hegemony reinforced by this evil capitalist system and Western culture. Gender, like sexuality, is a spectrum, remember? You are very, very bigoted to use such terms as "women" or even "men" unless a specific individual chooses to self-identify themselves on the gender spectrum as such. It is not politically correct to use those terms to refer to groups in greater society as there are people on the spectrum of possibilities for which those terms hurt. Get with the program.

Quote from: albrecht on May 28, 2014, 07:29:18 AM
Exactly! We need to eliminate the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, the Magna Carta, almost the entire history of common law. It is all racist, sexist, classist, and did not even include BLTs! We need a new frame-work that understands things like private property is against the good of the workers and hurts Gaia (our Mother). Things like personal, individual rights need to be balanced out in favor of the whole of humanity---not just people in Western Culture. And that things like the traditional family ensures that the hegemonic, capitalist, patriarchal society keeps the workers in bondage and needs to be undermined in whatever way possible. We need to outright ban home-schooling, private or parochial schools (and public schools in the UK) because this divides the country. We need to eliminate the Western Canon from our education system since most of the works were written by evil, evil people (White males mostly.) The State, and only the State, should raise the young people so that they are taught correctly in ways of sexuality, amorality, and politics and ensure that their primary loyalty is to the State, and our 'Dear Leader', and not to themselves, their parents, their family, or their religion.

Quote from: albrecht on May 27, 2014, 05:51:34 PM
Gaia. You know, our Mother Earth, that we are warming by driving trucks and SUVs and that Western Civilization has tried to destroy by an evil, racist, sexist, xenophobic, capitalist economic system?

Quote from: albrecht on May 27, 2014, 04:48:23 PM
Even if this "analysis" is true, which I doubt, since when do leftists care one whit about what "the Founders" thought? They were primarily rich, white men, often landholders, educated by Western culture and religion. They, and their ideas, have no business in today's world of multiculturalism and are racist, sexist, capitalist, classist, and xenophobic. We should not listen to these reactionaries  who oppose the global struggle of the workers, the various genders and BLTs, and persons of color. And their almost fetish about things like private property are an anti-thesis to Gaia and a more holistic view of our relationship with nature and a great cause of all the harm the capitalists and Western civilization has done to Gaia.

This is the way too many of the nitwits around here where I live sound when they talk. 

I've always thought if someone were to roll it all up into a stump speech, and additionally dream up either some new tax or some petty law to force on people (mandated shower heads, light bulbs, no more bags at stores, etc) in order to make a 'name' for themselves, they'd be a shoo in for either elected or appointed office if they ran in the right district.

They would certainly qualify to be an Official 'Progressive' Democrat Hack in good standing.  Go to a few fundraisers, flatter a few idiots, get right in.  Probably what Obama did.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:05:00 AM

Didn't realize Chevy Chase was a politician.  Oh, that's right, he isn't.

You seem very confused.

Just admit it.  The D's need scum like this to keep things stirred up in the African-American community.  For, you know, votes. 

I am confused as to why you cons fear him and lend him so much credence.  As to the Chevy Chase comparison, you are too wrapped up in your bubble to realize he was a low rated failure,  much as Sharpton's show.

You need scum like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh,  Malkin, Savage (born Weiner),et al to reassure you your Greed is Good approach is moral so you can sleep at night.

You desperately need a class system to feel better about yourself.  You're willing to burn this country down to do it but too many libs stand in your way.  More every day.

Man, you are a hate filled cur.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

This is the way too many of the nitwits around here where I live sound when they talk. 

I've always thought if someone were to roll it all up into a stump speech, and additionally dream up either some new tax or some petty law to force on people (mandated shower heads, light bulbs, no more bags at stores, etc) in order to make a 'name' for themselves, they'd be a shoo in for either elected or appointed office if they ran in the right district.

They would certainly qualify to be an Official 'Progressive' Democrat Hack in good standing.  Go to a few fundraisers, flatter a few idiots, get right in.  Probably what Obama did.
Yeah, genius,  it's exactly what Obama did. He listened to what people wanted rather than stood up there and told everybody how things ought to be.  No one wants your finger wagging bullshit, Papes. It's why you lose. 

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 29, 2014, 10:30:30 AM
I am confused as to why you cons fear him and lend him so much credence.  As to the Chevy Chase comparison, you are too wrapped up in your bubble to realize he was a low rated failure,  much as Sharpton's show.

You need scum like Beck, Hannity, Limbaugh,  Malkin, Savage (born Weiner),et al to reassure you your Greed is Good approach is moral so you can sleep at night.

You desperately need a class system to feel better about yourself.  You're willing to burn this country down to do it but too many libs stand in your way.  More every day.

Man, you are a hate filled cur.

Yawn. 

Regular people don't give him 'credence'.  People like you do.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:36:30 AM

Yawn. 

Regular people don't give him 'credence'.  People like you do.
Yawn yourself,  coward.   You just love defining everyone else,  don't you?

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 29, 2014, 10:33:20 AM
Yeah, genius,  it's exactly what Obama did. He listened to what people wanted rather than stood up there and told everybody how things ought to be.  No one wants your finger wagging bullshit, Papes. It's why you lose.

"I've got a pen and a phone.  If Congress won't act, I will" says the man the country is tired of, the guy at about a 30% approval rating.  The guy stealing people's health care insurance despite promising them they could keep it if they liked it.

Yeah, listen to people.  That's what he does.  The most doctrinaire ideologue we've ever had 'listens to people'.  Dang dude, you're really something.

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:41:30 AM

"I've got a pen and a phone.  If Congress won't act, I will" says the man the country is tired of, the guy at about a 30% approval rating.  The guy stealing people's health care insurance despite promising them they could keep it if they liked it.

Yeah, listen to people.  That's what he does.  The most doctrinaire ideologue we've ever had 'listens to people'.  Dang dude, you're really something.
Thanks, much appreciated. It helps to have truth and reason for backup.
Really,  the man won two convincing elections. Obamacare is working.  Everyone,  including me, is upset about the VA Hospital mess, so of course his approvals are low now.
Way to stay in your bubble, though.

Quote from: NowhereInTime on May 29, 2014, 10:47:46 AM
... Obamacare is working...

Seriously?

We were told there were 45 million uninsured people in this country.  Several million more lost their coverage, thanks to ObamaCare rules. 

The Administration claims what, 8 million have signed up.  Based on their past lies, it's pretty safe to assume that's an exaggeration.  And many more aren't really in the system because a good chunk of them have not paid their premiums - how many we don't know, but since those numbers are not being released it must be a lot.

So call it a wash, or a bit better - some working people no longer have health care insurance, some who lost their policies now have worse and more expensive coverage under ObamaCare, and a very few have coverage who didn't before.

Don't forget, for certain policies Obama kicked the can down the road until after the 2014 elections, and many more are going to lose their coverage in January.  The projection is millions more will.

And those 45 million we were told about when this whole pile of shit started?  Ignored, because, you know, we're on the road to Utopia.  It's just up ahead.

Yeah, a real rousing success.  Hip hip hooray

paladin1991

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 11:07:31 AM

Yeah, a real rousing success.  Hip hip hooray
Oh boy!  Is there going to be a parade!  Oh boy!

Quick Karl

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:05:00 AM

Truer words have never been typed.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 29, 2014, 12:55:00 PM
Truer words have never been typed.

Apart from when you supported the American Spring garden party that didn't happen? Then you decided it wasn't such a good thing after all..

Priceless.  ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Paper*Boy on May 29, 2014, 10:05:36 AM

What is amazing, at least to me, is that these leftists and Obama adherents don't even recognize their own rhetoric and policies when I post them. They act like that stuff I said above isn't what they believe but pass policies where a kid can determine what bathroom to use based on their "gender preference", tranny bathrooms, homosexual "marriage", oddball stuff (like banning light bulbs, banning certain toilets, banning certain door-handles, no bags at stores etc), chemical sex-changes for children not even in puberty yet, euthanasia with questionable consent, high taxes, all the "Green" stuff, political correctness, expensive projects for bike paths whilst schools crumble, and the open-borders. And forced multiculturalism and onerous environmental regulations  for the US and Europe (but never for, say, Japan or China or Africa).

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 29, 2014, 01:46:06 PM
What is amazing, at least to me, is that these leftists and Obama adherents don't even recognize their own rhetoric and policies when I post them. They act like that stuff I said above isn't what they believe but pass policies where a kid can determine what bathroom to use based on their "gender preference", tranny bathrooms, homosexual "marriage", oddball stuff (like banning light bulbs, banning certain toilets, banning certain door-handles, no bags at stores etc), chemical sex-changes for children not even in puberty yet, euthanasia with questionable consent, high taxes, all the "Green" stuff, political correctness, expensive projects for bike paths whilst schools crumble, and the open-borders. And forced multiculturalism and onerous environmental regulations  for the US and Europe (but never for, say, Japan or China or Africa).

Stay amazed.. you will succumb to comrade whoever it might be.  Just relax..enjoy the ride...or get up an American Spring march..it will be well attended. Ask Qunt. He knows.

NowhereInTime

No, I, nor any other self respecting liberal recognize your idiotic and degrading interpretation of our beliefs. You can laud yourself for your cleverness but forgive the rest of us for withholding approbation.

Quick Karl

The same two children keep replying to yours and PB's posts, the exact same way they always do...

NowhereInTime

Quote from: Quick Karl on May 29, 2014, 03:31:28 PM
The same two children keep replying to yours and PB's posts, the exact same way they always do...
Of course. I will always seek to dispel lies and demagoguery.   
It's a hobby.

b_dubb

Quote from: Jackstar on May 28, 2014, 09:54:41 PM

I'll take that coffee with two milk and one big lump o' brown sugar baby