• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:32:48 PM
Per the Russia investigation. The Feds' job is to Keep America Safe. If Russia is screwing with our electoral process, it is the FBI's job to investigate and the DOJ's job to prosecute if any laws have been broken. Mueller and the FBI are investigating; following the evidence.
You think it is a waste of time and money to find out and stop a foreign adversary interfering with our democratic processes? I don't get it

What laws were broken?

Is it illegal to spend $100k on Facebook ads?  Clinton and Trump spent $81 million.

If you are worried about the integrity of our elections then let’s make sure only citizens can register to vote and everyone must have a photo id.

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:32:48 PM
Per the Russia investigation. The Feds' job is to Keep America Safe. If Russia is screwing with our electoral process, it is the FBI's job to investigate and the DOJ's job to prosecute if any laws have been broken. Mueller and the FBI are investigating; following the evidence.
You think it is a waste of time and money to find out and stop a foreign adversary interfering with our democratic processes? I don't get it

They sure were not interested in 1984 when Teddy Kennedy solicited for some Soviet help with the '84 election.  I don't take Russian interference in this election seriously at all.  It was merely another Democratic and yes, Swamp/deep state (whatever you want to call it) maneuver, to stain Trump.  And I'm hearing that the source for this may have come from guess who?  Hillary Clinton.

Yorkshire pud

And on a last point: You know the understandable outrage over Equifax having their data base hacked and it's believed half of Americans had their information stolen? Well, quite apart from the TV ads inviting us to avail ourselves of their free offer to see if said info is on the dark web (How very generous eh?), Mulveney has scrapped any plans to investigate and hold Equifax to account for their ineptitude, or the execs who left because of it. In fact, he's pretty much dismantled most of the consumer protections that pertain to financial institutions.

So in future if we have a dispute with the bank and believe we've been ripped off (See Wells Fargo passim) you're on your own and there's nothing in place that will either help you out and force the bank to recompense you or hold the bank to account for ripping you off unless you can afford to take them to court.

GravitySucks

Or in the case of Russia meddling in the UK politics

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:28:31 PM
He was all for Clean Coal before he was against it. Even gave the coal industry $3.4 billion. Then he let the EPA go nuts in 2014 when he knew he wouldn’t be running for re-election.

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/obama-and-clean-coal/

p.s. the original patent for fracking was during the Civil War. Down here, we call it the First War of Aggression.

So many people think Obama was some wild-eyed radical. We wild-eyed radicals knew better. He was a pragmatist in many ways. Knew we had to phase into green energy and try to limit the damage we were doing on the way. When all the easy oil was gone and fracking was the most optimum process to get more domestic oil he supported it and protected it from many in his/our  party that wanted to ban it.

And what did the slaves call it?

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:34:27 PM
Do you want to know what the PRIMARY benefit for coal is today when we have power plants that can run on either coal or natural gas?

It keeps the price of natural gas down and enables continued development of new gas fields. If coal was outlawed, thebprice of natural gas would skyrocket and so would the cost of electricity.

A secondary factor is that some plants remain on the grid that can only burn coal.
And we can sell it to other countries

Every so often you see these clickbait surveys. Hard to believe.
https://www.aviva.co.uk/media-centre/story/17758/one-in-five-uk-adults-doesnt-know-how-to-boil-an-e/

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:38:27 PM
What laws were broken?

Is it illegal to spend $100k on Facebook ads?  Clinton and Trump spent $81 million.

If you are worried about the integrity of our elections then let’s make sure only citizens can register to vote and everyone must have a photo id.

Ka-Ching!!! ;D

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 08, 2018, 01:40:11 PM
And on a last point: You know the understandable outrage over Equifax having their data base hacked and it's believed half of Americans had their information stolen? Well, quite apart from the TV ads inviting us to avail ourselves of their free offer to see if said info is on the dark web (How very generous eh?), Mulveney has scrapped any plans to investigate and hold Equifax to account for their ineptitude, or the execs who left because of it. In fact, he's pretty much dismantled most of the consumer protections that pertain to financial institutions.

So in future if we have a dispute with the bank and believe we've been ripped off (See Wells Fargo passim) you're on your own and there's nothing in place that will either help you out and force the bank to recompense you or hold the bank to account for ripping you off unless you can afford to take them to court.

Nothing except all the existing laws and stuff.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 08, 2018, 01:38:42 PM
They sure were not interested in 1984 when Teddy Kennedy solicited for some Soviet help with the '84 election.  I don't take Russian interference in this election seriously at all.  It was merely another Democratic and yes, Swamp/deep state (whatever you want to call it) maneuver, to stain Trump.  And I'm hearing that the source for this may have come from guess who?  Hillary Clinton.

Nope..The source is all the security services plus those in the UK, France, Germany and Holland. Oh and Australia. But hey, what would they know? Trump has the biggest brain ever.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:41:47 PM
Nothing except all the existing laws and stuff.

They've been scrapped. The 'existing laws' were put in place pre Trump. and because Trump didn't bring them in, in his mind they're bad. But it's fine, right up until you need that law to help you fight a bank.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 08, 2018, 01:42:28 PM
Nope..The source is all the security services plus those in the UK, France, Germany and Holland. Oh and Australia. But hey, what would they know? Trump has the biggest brain ever.

Well, they're globalists liars with an agenda, like you. :D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 08, 2018, 01:44:19 PM
Well, they're globalists liars with an agenda, like you. :D

And you're an idiot as well as being a fake doctor..Who knew eh?

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:34:27 PM
Do you want to know what the PRIMARY benefit for coal is today when we have power plants that can run on either coal or natural gas?

It keeps the price of natural gas down and enables continued development of new gas fields. If coal was outlawed, thebprice of natural gas would skyrocket and so would the cost of electricity.

A secondary factor is that some plants remain on the grid that can only burn coal.

I don't particularly like coal.  I remember going through Charleston, WV in the 80's and it was a smoggy shithole but if it can be used with minimal pollution then that is fine with me.  I think the issue should be left to the states, in my ideal world anyway.

Coal country folks seem to flock to the jobs the industry provides.  They vote that way anyway. You would think it would be an industry where they would be hiring illegal immigrants doing jobs Americans don't want to do.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 08, 2018, 01:38:27 PM
What laws were broken?

Yes. I'm not going to look them up but there are laws about foreign money in elections. You think Russian or Chinese or French money and influence in our elections is a good thing?

As far as I know they didn't have Russian agents with fake id's showing up to vote. Do you know something I don't? They used "computers". I'm sure you've heard of them. Cyber warfare. Disinformation. Influence. Kompromat

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:40:27 PM
So many people think Obama was some wild-eyed radical. We wild-eyed radicals knew better. He was a pragmatist in many ways. Knew we had to phase into green energy and try to limit the damage we were doing on the way. When all the easy oil was gone and fracking was the most optimum process to get more domestic oil he supported it and protected it from many in his/our  party that wanted to ban it.

And what did the slaves call it?

Obama was a wild-eyed radical and like you say a pragmatist. He was bought and paid for several times over and had no problem selling out over and over to the next highest bidder.

If he was truthful he would probably say that his biggest failure was not being able to gain traction for his nationalized Obama Youth Corp (Amerikorp wasn’t it?). And a new version of the Civilian Conservation Corp.

He sure did a bang up job increasing the size and cost him of the federal government.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 08, 2018, 01:45:14 PM
And you're an idiot as well as being a fake doctor..Who knew eh?

I guess you've calmed down froim wanting to beat me up. Did you take a pedo break? :D

Gd5150

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 08, 2018, 01:02:52 PM
How are you fixed for a week this sunday for coming to tell me to my face what you've accused? I'll even let you bring your fuck buddy GD the trainspotter if you want.

LMAO! poor Pudofile.

TigerLily

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 08, 2018, 01:38:42 PM

I'd love to see your documentation on this. I don't care about 1984. I care about 2018 and 2020

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:47:42 PM
Yes. I'm not going to look them up but there are laws about foreign money in elections. You think Russian or Chinese or French money and influence in our elections is a good thing?

As far as I know they didn't have Russian agents with fake id's showing up to vote. Do you know something I don't? They used "computers". I'm sure you've heard of them. Cyber warfare. Disinformation. Influence. Kompromat

So, you're just going to ignore all the evidence of your party colluding with the Russians then? I mean, there's actual proof of that at least. ::)

GravitySucks

Make Facebook and Twitter forfeit the money for selling those ads and take the company to court for buying them. Unless of course the ad either advocated for or against a particular policy. I believe that is legal. Just not advocating for a party or a candidate.

Go read up on Radio Free Europe. We are still broadcasting trying to influence elections all over the world.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radio_Free_Europe/Radio_Liberty

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:49:32 PM
I'd love to see your documentation on this. I don't care about 1984. I care about 2018 and 2020

Here you go

https://www.forbes.com/2009/08/27/ted-kennedy-soviet-union-ronald-reagan-opinions-columnists-peter-robinson.html#5ae93017359a

So you don't care. Are you admitting that Democrats don't care if members of their own party do what Trump is accused of.  For shame!!

Jackstar

You think Russian or Chinese or French money and influence in our elections is a good thing?

Where was this righteous indignation when it was American money in the politics of other countries? Asking for a friend.

I'm not going to look them up

Fancy that.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 21st Century Man on February 08, 2018, 01:47:30 PM

I don't particularly like coal.  I remember going through Charleston, WV in the 80's and it was a smoggy shithole but if it can be used with minimal pollution then that is fine with me.  I think the issue should be left to the states, in my ideal world anyway.

Coal country folks seem to flock to the jobs the industry provides.  They vote that way anyway. You would think it would be an industry where they would be hiring illegal immigrants doing jobs Americans don't want to do.

My grandfather was a miner from the age of 14 until he was 64. He was invalided out and died three years later with pneumomycosis and emphysema which is terrible to see. He absolutely forbade my dad from going into the industry because he knew what the outcome would eventually be.

It is a filthy, horrible, disgusting job and those who do it don't get paid anywhere near enough to go underground and dig it out because their retirement is likely to be very short (If they live that long) and lead to a horrible death. It's absurd to promote coal production when the future is far removed from fossil fuels.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Jackstar on February 08, 2018, 01:53:29 PM
Where was this righteous indignation when it was American money in the politics of other countries? Asking for a friend.

Fancy that.

And they have the nerve to say that we're an echo-chamber. ::) ;D

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on February 08, 2018, 01:48:58 PM
I guess you've calmed down froim wanting to beat me up. Did you take a pedo break? :D

Beat you up? When have I said that? I just wanted you to say it to my face...  ???

Gd5150

Quote from: TigerLily on February 08, 2018, 01:49:32 PM

Dumbfuck doesn't even know who "The Lion of the Senate" Ted Kennedy is. Show it a cartoon. Thats all the lemmings seem to understand.

This should help. The car where he left his date to drown after he saved himself and fled the scene of his after drunk driving incident.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on February 08, 2018, 01:54:22 PM
My grandfather was a miner from the age of 14 until he was 64. He was invalided out and died three years later with pneumomycosis and emphysema which is terrible to see. He absolutely forbade my dad from going into the industry because he knew what the outcome would eventually be.

It is a filthy, horrible, disgusting job and those who do it don't get paid anywhere near enough to go underground and dig it out because their retirement is likely to be very short (If they live that long) and lead to a horrible death. It's absurd to promote coal production when the future is far removed from fossil fuels.

It’s absurd to slaughter a cow when the future is far removed from red meat.

Enjoy your food sustenance tablets and NooryBeets.com