• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 08:21:23 PM
You're "mentally unstable" and most of your posts prove that.  ;D

Hey, you're an insomniac (I know, I know, its meth induced) but you'll pull through one day.

136 or 142

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 08:21:23 PM
You're "mentally unstable" and most of your posts prove that.  ;D

You told me I was the only one you would insult here!  :'(

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 04, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

He still hasn't signed up to the mini series I want him to do with Swishy. The 'Will they won't they' saga as they trade insults with each other on here, but behind closed doors (because neither will admit to their deep homo erotic animal lust for each other) they are at it all the time, banging like a shit house door in a gale. And I thought it could be captured for Netflix or something.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 04, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

I said on this continent. Pay attention!  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 04, 2017, 08:35:38 PM
He still hasn't signed up to the mini series I want him to do with Swishy. The 'Will they won't they' saga as they trade insults with each other on here, but behind closed doors (because neither will admit to their deep homo erotic animal lust for each other) they are at it all the time, banging like a shit house door in a gale. And I thought it could be captured for Netflix or something.

You and "Laura*" first!  :D

* probably Shreddy.  ;)

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 04, 2017, 09:08:44 PM
You and "Laura*" first!  :D

* probably Shreddy.  ;)

If you don't believe Laura exists, ask Ibby. She's spoken to us both in the same phone call.  ;)

ACE of CLUBS

Harvey going to produce it for you .... ?

Swishypants

Quote from: paladin1991 on November 04, 2017, 04:42:56 PM

I've set my demo.   I'll be moving into position.  Give me a day or so.

https://youtu.be/IOfil3JdZQ4

Demo will go far! Look for him on tour in flea markets and dead malls people! ONE FOR THE CORPS!!!

Swishypants

BE GONE VILE LIMEY POOR PERSON!!!

https://youtu.be/ZOJCmPKaYN8

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 04, 2017, 07:01:26 PM
That's actually not true.

The Constitution specifies two specific crimes â€" treason and bribery â€" that could merit impeachment and removal from office. In addition to that, it mentions a vaguer, broader category of “other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

That’s all we get, and what, exactly, that last category entails has been the subject of a great deal of debate through US history. When Gerald Ford was House minority leader, he said, "An impeachable offense is whatever a majority of the House of Representatives considers it to be at a given moment in history” â€" though he said this when he was trying to impeach a Supreme Court justice, not a president.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/5/12/15615066/impeachment-trump-process-history

At the time of the writing of the Constitution, which is what the 'strict constructionsists' say is what is important (though as far as I know, every legal scholar believes that) 'misdemeanor' was a broad term not restricted to just crimes (or even misdemeanor criminal acts) but included such things that Trump is clearly guilty of such as incompetence and bigly lying.  That Trump has left so many Administration positions unfilled is in itself a 'misdemeanor' that Congress could impeach and convict him over if it chose to.  Or, they could impeach Trump for being a member of Coast Insider.

As the Vox Article continues, however:

"Now, as a practical matter, Ford is absolutely right. If a majority of the House of Representatives wants to vote to impeach the president, it doesn't seem that anyone can stop it from doing so â€" the Constitution says it has "the sole Power of Impeachment." Unlike ordinary trials, evidentiary standards and even the charges themselves don’t necessary have to be grounded in law â€" it’s all up to Congress to decide what matters.

Still, impeachment efforts that are wholly grounded in politics without even a thin pretext of an actual crime haven’t gotten very far, historically. In practice, some allegation of criminal behavior from the president has been necessary for the impeachment process to get moving â€" even if the true motivation for most of the primary actors really is political."

So, certainly in this case, if Congress chose to, as part of the evidentiary hearings, they could likely relatively easily determine that Trump has violated the Emoluments Clause many times already.

Let me know when you muster the votes.  I said crimes and misdemeanors forgot the high which is an even narrower scope.  Trump lying in his twitter feed doesn't count.  Now if he lied under oath..... You really should do something about your wet dreams.

Gd5150

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 04, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
Trump lying in his twitter feed doesn't count.  Now if he lied under oath...
Well then he would’ve equalled Clinton. Bill Clinton. Neither has come close Hillary who’s rigged and election and sold national security for hundreds of millions.

But that’s ok, the leftwing lemmings would rather get their panties in a wad or fantasies of collusion.

ACE of CLUBS

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 04, 2017, 10:52:28 PM
Well then he would’ve equalled Clinton. Bill Clinton. Neither has come close Hillary who’s rigged and election and sold national security for hundreds of millions.

But that’s ok, the leftwing lemmings would rather get their panties in a wad or fantasies of collusion.

When you've 'got nothing' .......
Another mediocre deflection.

Does being a Trump-ette benefit you at all .... ?
You must be proud.

Swishypants

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 04, 2017, 11:58:04 PM
When you've 'got nothing' .......
Another mediocre deflection.

Does being a Trump-ette benefit you at all .... ?
You must be proud.

You never ever contribute anything of substance. Just your insecure high-horse insults that substitute for an educated backbone. I like your Joker face. I want to peel it off from the inside out. Trump is the only thing standing between you and me physically. If he fails, I get to go to work, and I love to go to work.

https://youtu.be/wg2ZtSHoKY0

You want to laugh from outside your body? :)

Swishypants

I am the Eight of Diamonds. Try me.

Most elections end up with both sides voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils.  I think most Trump voters did that.

But these people just can not get over the fact that this disgusting disgraceful woman they supported lost.  Someone should sell Hilary Clinton blowup dolls and get this behind us.  I wonder if Laura wears pastel pant suits.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 04, 2017, 10:31:59 PM
Let me know when you muster the votes.  I said crimes and misdemeanors forgot the high which is an even narrower scope.  Trump lying in his twitter feed doesn't count.  Now if he lied under oath..... You really should do something about your wet dreams.

With the Republican Party today I don't think you could muster the votes to impeach and convict him on anything. I think this was one of the only times Trump told the truth about anything:  he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue and the Republican Congress wouldn't impeach him yet alone convict him. 

"High crimes' may narrow the scope, but the definition of 'misdemeanor' at the time of the writing of the Constitution was written was broad enough that what Gerald Ford said, at least in principle is entirely true.  As a practical matter at present, we get back to what I wrote above:  Trump could do anything and the Republican Congress wouldn't impeach him.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 04, 2017, 07:01:26 PM

So, certainly in this case, if Congress chose to, as part of the evidentiary hearings, they could likely relatively easily determine that Trump has violated the Emoluments Clause many times already.
[/b]

Unadulterated horseshit.  I have not heard one legal expert lend any credence at all to the idea that Trump is in violation of the emoluments clause.  In fact, Dershowitz has openly ridiculed the few wet dreamers who have suggested that.  You and others on this thread are clutching at nonexistent straws as the left is being revealed for the corrupt ball of slime that it is and continues to sink by the stearn. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on November 05, 2017, 02:33:23 AM
Piss off.

Since MV has demurred from preventing Sissy Pants from using BellGab as his personal shit-house wall, it would probably be a good idea if everyone just ignored his insane blathering and leave him to his usual occupations of blowing bubbles with his spit and picking his nose. 

136 or 142

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 05, 2017, 02:31:40 AM
[/b]

Unadulterated horseshit.  I have not heard one legal expert lend any credence at all to the idea that Trump is in violation of the emoluments clause.  In fact, Dershowitz has openly ridiculed the few wet dreamers who have suggested that.  You and others on this thread are clutching at nonexistent straws as the left is being revealed for the corrupt ball of slime that it is and continues to sink by the stearn.

Dershowitz's only claim to expertise is that he is a television lawyer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/06/historians-donald-trump-is-definitely-in-violation-of-the-emoluments-clause/

Despite the headline, the article quotes two law professors.

And

https://www.acslaw.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Trump%20and%20the%20Emoluments%20Clause.pdf

"To sum things up: Despite a glossy veneer of originalism, the cramped definition of “emoluments” advanced by Trump’s legal team does not pass muster under any theory of interpretation. Considerations of constitutional text, history, practice and purpose all strongly support the conclusion that “emolument” refers to any benefitâ€"rather than only to benefits received specifically in consequence of discharging the responsibilities of an office, or benefits not constituting “fair market value” for services rendered. Accordingly, the white paper is triply deficient. It fails to reckon with most of Trump’s constitutional violation. It leaves key terms undefined in ways that invite corruption. And it rests upon a view of “emoluments” that does not withstand scrutiny. If that is really the best defense of Trump’s extreme position, then all it proves is the clarity of Trump’s constitutional violation."

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 05, 2017, 02:46:15 AM
Dershowitz's only claim to expertise is that he is a television lawyer.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.salon.com/2017/09/06/historians-donald-trump-is-definitely-in-violation-of-the-emoluments-clause/

Despite the headline, the article quotes two law professors.

And

https://www.acslaw.org/sites/default/files/pdf/Trump%20and%20the%20Emoluments%20Clause.pdf

"To sum things up: Despite a glossy veneer of originalism, the cramped definition of “emoluments” advanced by Trump’s legal team does not pass muster under any theory of interpretation. Considerations of constitutional text, history, practice and purpose all strongly support the conclusion that “emolument” refers to any benefitâ€"rather than only to benefits received specifically in consequence of discharging the responsibilities of an office, or benefits not constituting “fair market value” for services rendered. Accordingly, the white paper is triply deficient. It fails to reckon with most of Trump’s constitutional violation. It leaves key terms undefined in ways that invite corruption. And it rests upon a view of “emoluments” that does not withstand scrutiny. If that is really the best defense of Trump’s extreme position, then all it proves is the clarity of Trump’s constitutional violation."

Dershowitz did much more than appear on TV.  He was one of the great law professors at Harvard Law School starting from 1967 and retired in 2013.  I'm starting to doubt a lot of what you say because your facts aren't straight.  Complete bullshit.

136 or 142

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 05, 2017, 04:43:32 AM
Dershowitz did much more than appear on TV.  He was one of the great law professors at Harvard Law School starting from 1967 and retired in 2013.  I'm starting to doubt a lot of what you say because your facts aren't straight.  Complete bullshit.

I'm fully aware he was a law professor, what is your basis for saying he was 'great.'? 

As a 'television lawyer' I refer to, of course, that he became increasingly interested in his celebrity and, so, over time started to give 'dumbed down' replies as well as making sensationalist comments that he knew would generate attention.

He also, for instance, claimed that without his personal endorsement that, according to him, swayed millions of Jewish Americans, Barack Obama would never have been elected President in 2008. 

He may have been impressive at one time, but for the last number of years he's been a delusional bullshitter.

He's far from the first person who let fame go to his head.

Jackstar

I'm starting to doubt a lot of what you say because your facts aren't straight.  Complete bullshit.

Bravo.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on November 05, 2017, 12:26:01 AM
Most elections end up with both sides voting for what they see as the lesser of two evils.  I think most Trump voters did that.

No, the racist cracker vote was solidly pro Trump, not anti Hillary.

Gd5150

Quote from: PaulAtreides on November 05, 2017, 07:19:32 AM
No, the racist cracker vote was solidly pro Trump, not anti Hillary.

Shouldn’t you be under the rock with AceofShlubs. Congrats you both tie for having the lamest avatars on bellgab. Dune & Batman, Fucking tools.

Why don’t you losers come back when you have something intelligent to say. Both of you are a fucking embarrassment to this dumpster, congrats.

Kidnostad3

He makes it up as he goes along.  It’s a universal trait among leftist along with their bed-wetting into their late teens. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on November 05, 2017, 07:26:46 AM
...Congrats you both tie for having the lamest avatars on bellgab. Dune & Batman, Fucking tools.

Hahaha.  There's always My Little Pony.  ;D

Quote from: 136 or 142 on November 05, 2017, 02:46:15 AM
Dershowitz's only claim to expertise is that he is a television lawyer...

Doesn't that outrank an internet lawyer?