• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disgusting FOOD that you eat anyway!

Started by Swishypants, November 03, 2017, 06:38:10 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 10:00:34 PM
Stroh's is a solid choice also.........   I thought they went under?

Seems there is a website up with Merch

https://store.strohbeer.com/products/strohs-t-shirt
So... there was a whole beer industry consolidation and reselling some decades ago. Heilleman's (I think) and than others bought up rights to many regional and traditional beers. And then, depending on situation, they ended, were brewed in other places, or in some cases found a resurgence due to branding off the traditional appeal. These include, I'm sure I'm missing some: Olympia, PBR, Lonestar, Pearl, Old Bohemia, Old Style, Hamm's, Stagg, Rolling Rock, even former big boys like Schlitz and Strohs etc. Some are still around but most aren't (if at all) still brewed at their own places. And, depending on region or marketing campaign some have found resurgence. For nostalgia, hipsters, budgets, clever marketing, niches, whatever. Same thing now is happening with former micro brews or formerly small independent breweries, though there the recipe, and sometimes brewing location, doesn't change. I'm sure all can recall how their favorite beer seemed to suddenly "taste different?" A bit?

I have a sensitive palate  and can't stomach most of that shit.  Hot dogs and bologna is about my limit.  I did like Strohs back in the day.  I prefer a good rye now.  Don't even get me started on that Budweiser piss.

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 10:08:52 PM
So... there was a whole beer industry consolidation and reselling some decades ago. Heilleman's (I think) and than others bought up rights to many regional and traditional beers. And then, depending on situation, they ended, were brewed in other places, or in some cases found a resurgence due to branding off the traditional appeal. These include, I'm sure I'm missing some: Olympia, PBR, Lonestar, Pearl, Old Bohemia, Old Style, Hamm's, Stagg, Rolling Rock, even former big boys like Schlitz and Strohs etc. Some are still around but most aren't (if at all) still brewed at their own places. And, depending on region or marketing campaign some have found resurgence. For nostalgia, hipsters, budgets, clever marketing, niches, whatever. Same thing now is happening with former micro brews or formerly small independent breweries.

Hell, just for beer that doesn't have fricken' fruit in it.   I can get all the Leinenkugel's I want but it all has fruit in it.  Can't get a drop of the real stuff here

ShayP

Mother's milk to some.  Rotgut to others.  I love it.  :)  It was better when it was brewed in Pittsburgh though.  :(

Quote from: 21st Century Man on November 03, 2017, 10:09:04 PM
I have a sensitive palate  and can't stomach most of that shit.  Hot dogs and bologna is about my limit.  I did like Strohs back in the day.  I prefer a good rye now.  Don't even get me started on that Budweiser piss.

'Tis okay.  You did Yeoman's work on the incest thread tonight.

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 10:13:42 PM
'Tis okay. You did Yeoman's work on the incest thread tonight.

Think about it.  That statement probably has never been posted anywhere before, at any place or time.  ;D

ShayP

ItsOver

Ha!  Top right corner.  In honor of the former corner-picker-person, R.I.P.

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on November 03, 2017, 10:15:43 PM
Think about it.  That statement probably has never been posted anywhere before, at any place or time.  ;D
;D

Jumping Jahosafats, I suspect you are right.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDUr5HtSxI

ROTF!

The things I do to liven up Bellgab. ;D

Quote from: ShayP on November 03, 2017, 10:12:22 PM
Mother's milk to some.  Rotgut to others.  I love it.  :)  It was better when it was brewed in Pittsburgh though.  :(

My God.. the nostalgia you created with this post. My God.

Swishypants

Target located and confirmed!

Shopping List for tomorrow:

1. Case of Hamm's (It's the original recipe) [Room in the extra refrigerator already cleared]
2. 32 Pack of AAA Large Eggs (I'm going to make my own Bar Eggs as I have a recipe involving South African Peri-Peri Sauce that can't be found elsewhere)
3. Tube of Ring Boglona (Also need to pick up some extra onions to fry up with it)
4. Wonderbread
5. Fully restored 1950's Airstream Trailer and package of Wifebeater undershirts (Optional)

I roll out at first light. Puffy Jacket-vest? Check. Old-man Ballcap, breathable with camouflage board and bill? Check. Hounddog? NO, but my neighbor has one. I will ask if can borrow. Breaker-Breaker!  ;)

Swishypants

I'm pretty sure we could all start a World Famous Gas Station/Mini-Grocery/Bar & Grill all-in-one if we wanted to. Franchise opportunities available. Comes with free CD of badass music to play in the shop. GENERAL LEE's BAM-BAM PIT! (Gotta' go against the trend to be positioned to capitalize on the next one. We could get a solid 5 year run with another 5 of residual popularity because the marketing is so damn bold!) Open or Concealed Carry mandatory! Bee Polite!

https://youtu.be/WvnMGgmaqtc

Viral and Cable Access marketing only! Some old-school Xeroxed Flyers locally.

Swishypants

All items secured! God Bless HEB! Best grocery store in the country! Fuck Whole Foods!

Case of Hamm's chilling. I've got enough to get me through the new year. Eggs will be made sometime today and ready in 3 more. Fried Bologna Sammich at will! Nasty snacks for weeks and weeks!

Two words. Blood sausage. In Queens I could get the Irish kind (black pudding) and the Colombian kind (morsilla). Yes, it's sausage made from blood.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 04, 2017, 08:24:53 AM
Two words. Blood sausage. In Queens I could get the Irish kind (black pudding) and the Colombian kind (morsilla). Yes, it's sausage made from blood.

We needed a woman's touch in here and you came through big time Ibby.   What kind of refreshment goes
with the blood sausage?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 04, 2017, 08:24:53 AM

Black pudding is revolting. Considered a delicacy in parts of the UK, and they have competitions. But it is revolting.

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 04, 2017, 08:35:38 AM
We needed a woman's touch in here and you came through big time Ibby.   What kind of refreshment goes
with the blood sausage?
If it's an Irish fry, you could have baked beans, fries (chips), an egg and a rasher ( like Canadian bacon). This is usually breakfast, so oj or coffee. If it's the morsilla that goes well with eggs and arepas (white corn griddle cakes) and of course Colombian coffee.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 04, 2017, 08:35:42 AM
Black pudding is revolting. Considered a delicacy in parts of the UK, and they have competitions. But it is revolting.
Have you actually tasted it?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on November 04, 2017, 08:45:55 AM
Have you actually tasted it?

Very many years ago. My dad used to love it, to the disgust of my mother.

You clearly don't post on any of the illuminati message boards.  :P

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 04, 2017, 08:35:42 AM

This is a real MAN's thread Pud. Go be Beta-Bitch elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/Rr8ljRgcJNM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Swishypants on November 04, 2017, 08:54:51 AM
This is a real MAN's thread Pud. Go be Beta-Bitch elsewhere.

https://youtu.be/Rr8ljRgcJNM

I miss proper bacon....  :(  the stringy (called streaky bacon) excuse that is laughingly called bacon in the US is appalling.

Swishypants

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on November 04, 2017, 08:59:14 AM
I miss proper bacon....  :(  the stringy (called streaky bacon) excuse that is laughingly called bacon in the US is appalling.

You just don't get it do you? This is why your views lost at the voting booth recently.