• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Disgusting FOOD that you eat anyway!

Started by Swishypants, November 03, 2017, 06:38:10 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:12:36 PM
Going out on a limb.  Not sure I'll advance to the speed round or not. 

Pickled Eggs [of course washed down with Hamm's Beer]

Turbo-mode enabled. Just bought a case (unfortunately no 30pack here) of Hamm's for $15 at Randall's the other day. It is weird, the 30 pack is not found in my county (of any cheap beer.) And in HEB, and only in, oddly, a few stores (oddly more in "nice" zip codes) can I find Hamm's? And, even weirder, the only Old Milwaukee one can find anywhere here is non-alcoholic! I always joke it is a way for a guy on the wagon to remember what he is not missing.
There also was a pickled-egg discussion on a "diet" thread here last month.

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:12:36 PM
Going out on a limb.  Not sure I'll advance to the speed round or not. 

Pickled Eggs [of course washed down with Hamm's Beer]

FUCK YEAH! BAR EGGS! YOU'VE GONE PLAID! I make my own all the time!!! And Hamm's is GOOD SHIT!

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 09:16:57 PM
Turbo-mode enabled. Just bought a case (unfortunately no 30pack here) of Hamm's for $15 at Randall's the other day. It is weird, the 30 pack is not found in my county (of any cheap beer.) And in HEB, and only in, oddly, a few stores (oddly more in "nice" zip codes) can I find Hamm's? And, even weirder, the only Old Milwaukee one can find anywhere here is non-alcoholic! I always joke it is a way for a guy on the wagon to remember what he is not missing.

LMFAO!!! You and I both had our eyes bug-out at the same time! :) OSSUM!!!

ItsOver

These are excellent.  Breaded and fried.

But what isn't excellent, when breaded and fried.

Swishypants

Pretty sure Walks-At-Night just won!

I don't think it can be topped.

Incidentally, and only vaguely related: Trip out to "tha' Stumps" Art Bell on the radio, with a truck full of Black Coffee, Beef Jerky, salted peanuts and a Dr. Pepper to dump them into, and a bag of Peaches to slap on the dash at the California entry point. "Do you have any fruits or vegetables to declare Sir?" *Looks at dash and smiles* "Have a nice visit. Welcome to California!" *Waves through while Mexican Family is being spread eagle on the hood of their mini-van with contraband Plantain's.* LMFAO!

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 09:16:57 PM

Interesting.  Here I can only find Hamm's at the hoity-toity Harris Teeter but not at the more mundane Food Lion...........

ShayP

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 09:13:21 PM
Didn't the great Bruce Williams promote some kind of "Pork Roll" product back in the day!?

Yep.  Jersey Boy pork roll.  ;D

Swishypants

I would love to get my hands on a case of Hamm's!

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 09:27:32 PM
Pretty sure Walks-At-Night just won!

I don't think it can be topped.

Incidentally, and only vaguely related: Trip out to "tha' Stumps" Art Bell on the radio, with a truck full of Black Coffee, Beef Jerky, salted peanuts and a Dr. Pepper to dump them into, and a bag of Peaches to slap on the dash at the California entry point. "Do you have any fruits or vegetables to declare Sir?" *Looks at dash and smiles* "Have a nice visit. Welcome to California!" *Waves through while Mexican Family is being spread eagle on the hood of their mini-van with contraband Plantain's.* LMFAO!

Awwright!  Back-to-Back-to-Back Martinez Tonight chat room shout out winner and also Disgusting food champ.

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:32:41 PM

Awwright!  Back-to-Back-to-Back Martinez Tonight chat room shout out winner and also Disgusting food champ.

Lucky fucker! I should have thought of bar eggs and Hamm's. You don't deserve it!  >:(

uh-oh...  Might have spoke to soon.  Shay's in the house.  Lord knows what yinzer crud he might wolfing down......    ;D

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:34:19 PM
uh-oh...  Might have spoke to soon.  Shay's in the house.  Lord knows what yinzer crud he might wolfing down......    ;D

Some "Smokey & The Bandit" shit is going to have to go down with the Hamm's.

https://youtu.be/uHZJej98_T0

albrecht

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 09:29:54 PM
I would love to get my hands on a case of Hamm's!
It is weird. I can only find it in certain zip codes/neighborhoods and, oddly, they are the 'good' neighborhood or town. Westlake and West/Central Austin. But not in South or other environs Austin (haven't checked East Austin. Haha.) It is the cheap beer in those places but I recall wondering, and being surprised, when I first saw it a few years ago at Westlake HEB (only available in 6pack Tallboys) but now in cases (but only in Westlake Randalls or the Randalls on Lake Austin Blvd- and only to "Dec 31st using your Randalls Card" on the pricing label.) Weird. Must be some odd demographic? For example I used to see Schlitz at the Krogers on Memorial in Houston but nowhere else? Odd. Older folks, with money, who still like the beer of their youth? HS kids with more discriminating tastes and prefer older brands to Best etc?

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:34:19 PM

LOL!!!  I've eaten a lot of things in my time and I've been racking my brain to think of what I still eat that may be considered disgusting.  How about Braunschweiger, onion, and Limburger, on Pumpernickel?  :-\

Oh yeah!  You posted 'city chicken.'  I though that was just a Pittsburgh thing.  ???

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:28:49 PM
Interesting.  Here I can only find Hamm's at the hoity-toity Harris Teeter but not at the more mundane Food Lion...........
Same here (see post above.) Hamm's found not at the hoity-toity like Whole Foods, or worse, but at the normal grocery stores (HEB and Randalls) but only in the nice neighborhoods. Not though at same chains near campus or in lesser neighborhoods (though campus aint cheap anymore, but you get my gist.) It is an odd phenomena!

I guess we all have our beer fetishes.....   That yearning for suds that are unobtainable......

I can get gallons of Hamm's but not a drop of Heileman's Old Style. 

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 09:41:27 PM
It is weird. I can only find it in certain zip codes/neighborhoods and, oddly, they are the 'good' neighborhood or town. Westlake and West/Central Austin. But not in South or other environs Austin (haven't checked East Austin. Haha.) It is the cheap beer in those places but I recall wondering, and being surprised, when I first saw it a few years ago at Westlake HEB (only available in 6pack Tallboys) but now in cases (but only in Westlake Randalls or the Randalls on Lake Austin Blvd- and only to "Dec 31st using your Randalls Card" on the pricing label.) Weird. Must be some odd demographic? For example I used to see Schlitz at the Krogers on Memorial in Houston but nowhere else? Odd. Older folks, with money, who still like the beer of their youth? HS kids with more discriminating tastes and prefer older brands to Best etc?

It's Willie! All the older Country & Western guys. :) Fuckers!  And of course the Hipster Doofus' that live in the Austin Metro area. If you're a regular guy who just wants to knock a few back on occasion, you're out of luck.

albrecht

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 09:38:28 PM
Some "Smokey & The Bandit" shit is going to have to go down with the Hamm's.

https://youtu.be/uHZJej98_T0
Wake up Jerry Reed and hound-dog down IH-35 and scoot over to HEB at 360/BeeCaves Road for a 6pack of Tallboys or Bee Caves Rd and Walsh Tarlton Randall's or Lake Austin and Exposition Randall's for a case of the beer from the Sky Blue Waters! Watch out for Smokies in Tarrytown and Westlake though, good buddy, not City of Austin and they look askance at bootleggers!

Swishypants

Quote from: albrecht on November 03, 2017, 09:48:07 PM
Wake up Jerry Reed and hound-dog down IH-35 and scoot over to HEB at 360/BeeCaves Road for a 6pack of Tallboys or Bee Caves Rd and Walsh Tarlton Randall's or Lake Austin and Exposition Randall's for a case of the beer from the Sky Blue Waters! Watch out for Smokies in Tarrytown and Westlake though, good buddy, not City of Austin and they look askance at bootleggers!

Fuck this! I'm mounting up and rolling out tomorrow! :)

Quote from: ShayP on November 03, 2017, 09:43:06 PM
LOL!!!  I've eaten a lot of things in my time and I've been racking my brain to think of what I still eat that may be considered disgusting.  How about Braunschweiger, onion, and Limburger, on Pumpernickel?  :-\

Oh yeah!  You posted 'city chicken.'  I though that was just a Pittsburgh thing.  ???

I always thought it was a Detroit thing.....     Guess it might be a Polack thing.  Common ground, eh?

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:47:16 PM
I guess we all have our beer fetishes.....   That yearning for suds that are unobtainable......

ShayP

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:51:02 PM
I always thought it was a Detroit thing.....     Guess it might be a Polack thing.  Common ground, eh?

Common ground, yeah.  8)  Probably a rust belt thing.  ;)

Swishypants

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 03, 2017, 09:47:16 PM

I can get gallons of Hamm's but not a drop of Heileman's Old Style. 

Oh GOD NO! Old Style only tastes good at Wrigley Field!

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on November 03, 2017, 09:51:40 PM

I haven't had a Stroh's in years.  A fried bologna sandwich and cold Stroh's would be really good right now.

ShayP

Oh yeah!  Love me some scrapple.  :D  I have nobody else in my inner circle that likes that stuff.  Maybe my Mom but I can't remember.   ;D 

Quote from: Swishypants on November 03, 2017, 09:53:15 PM
Oh GOD NO! Old Style only tastes good at Wrigley Field!

Sad to say that I've never been to Wrigley but I sure drank gallons of Old Style at the B&B

Stroh's is a solid choice also.........   I thought they went under?

Seems there is a website up with Merch

https://store.strohbeer.com/products/strohs-t-shirt

ShayP

Okay, it's coming back to me.  I don't eat it now because I can't find it, but many years ago my Grandmother would make this ringed liver pudding that had rice and a shitload of garlic in it.  It smelled like crap but it was yummy.  She got the stuff at a butcher shop back home.  The last I had it was at least 20 years ago.  :(

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on November 03, 2017, 09:55:41 PM
I haven't had a Stroh's in years.  A fried bologna sandwich and cold Stroh's would be really good right now.

Hell yeah!  Crispy fried bologna on plain white bread.  I'll have 3 and a 12 pack....to start.  :D  ;)