• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Things That Annoy You

Started by onan, May 22, 2011, 02:41:35 AM

HAL 9000

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on January 02, 2012, 02:28:03 AMNimoy sings Bilbo Baggins

You may find my complete compendium of Nimoy/Shatner discography in the following post from about 3 months ago. Adult beverages recommended prior to listening. Full song list included in post. Single-link download.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2835.msg52443/topicseen.html#msg52443

Quote from: HAL 9000 on January 02, 2012, 02:53:22 AM
You may find my complete compendium of Nimoy/Shatner discography in the following post from about 3 months ago. Adult beverages recommended prior to listening. Full song list included in post. Single-link download.

http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,2835.msg52443/topicseen.html#msg52443

have had the Pickwick LP (signed) for many years now. picked up your offered collection when posted. thanks btw since i never got around to converting my collection. thanks again.

aldousburbank

Having returned to sunny Tucson, Arizona for a couple of weeks, I am reminded of something that really annoys me.  Spandex assed bicyclists who have seemingly lost all sense of self-preservation as they insist on riding tandem, outside of the bicycle lane, just tempting me man, really tempting me...

stevesh

Quote from: Scully on January 02, 2012, 11:24:58 PM

Yes, and anything on any website that moves in any way without my telling it to.

Oh, and all the news websites with ad servers that are so slow the site becomes pretty much unusable (wired, cnet, all newspaper and TV network sites, I'm lookin' right at you).

MV/Liberace!

i am sick of tech journalists who end their headlines with question marks.

BobGrau

Vets that still stick their arms up cows to see if they're pregnant.
Never heard of ultrasound, ya pervs?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: BobGrau on January 04, 2012, 02:48:00 PM

yuck.

Avi

Quote from: BobGrau on January 04, 2012, 02:48:00 PM

They watched All Creatures Great and Small. They can't help themselves.

Personally, I am annoyed by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Helium-speak is highly irritating, as well, there being little difference between the two.

b_dubb

people who post the same thing in multiple forum threads

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 05, 2012, 04:55:31 AM
people who post the same thing in multiple forum threads

that's pretty annoying.

Vatar

People who give other people ammunition/attention to keep on trolling rather than just ignore them and let them fizzle out and die of apathy.

BobGrau

Quote from: Avi on January 05, 2012, 03:52:10 AM

Personally, I am annoyed by Alvin and the Chipmunks. Helium-speak is highly irritating, as well, there being little difference between the two.

legendary DJ/satirist Chris Morris was once rumoured to have filled a bbc radio studio with helium, while they were on the air. Unfortunately it can't be true (presumably everyone would have died of oxygen deprivation), but ...a man can dream, surely...

Avi

Quote from: Vatar on January 05, 2012, 11:47:26 AM
People who give other people ammunition/attention to keep on trolling rather than just ignore them and let them fizzle out and die of apathy.

Ha! I'll never fizzle out and die of apathy!

Quote from: BobGrau on January 05, 2012, 01:59:22 PM
legendary DJ/satirist Chris Morris was once rumoured to have filled a bbc radio studio with helium, while they were on the air. Unfortunately it can't be true (presumably everyone would have died of oxygen deprivation), but ...a man can dream, surely...

I think we should hire Vatar, our resident sniper, to take Morris out. I'm looking over my shoulder, too, but I've got a potato gun and a trebuchet. Formidable, indeed!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Vatar on January 05, 2012, 11:47:26 AM
Are you referring to our pal with the nine-lettered name that propounds the nonsense of the Texas Con Man?

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 05, 2012, 09:41:40 PM
    Are you referring to our pal with the nine-lettered name that propounds the nonsense of the Texas Con Man?
You put a certain fictitious English detective to shame sir.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Vatar on January 05, 2012, 11:55:31 PM
You put a certain fictitious English detective to shame sir.

And like ol' Sherlock I have cocaine issues.

Which brings me back to what annoys me. Formication, aka "coke bugs". Fun for people to watch as you scratch itches that won't quit, but it's a drag after a few days.

MV/Liberace!

civil war "buffs" who have big thick beards.

McPhallus

Quote from: Avi on January 05, 2012, 03:52:10 AM
They watched All Creatures Great and Small. They can't help themselves.

By extension, this is applicable to any modern, live-action remake of a cartoon.  Cartoon characters visit the big city, ride around in a convertible, dance around to hip-hop music.  Not interested.

b_dubb

McPhallus

AT&T.  Despite my grandfathered "unlimited" plan in my iPhone, I just got a text saying I'm close to the threshold for throttling with my usage at about 3.8 GB.

Motherfuckers!

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 06, 2012, 06:45:59 PM
David Cronenberg movies

"Scanners" was cool...but overall I'd agree.

b_dubb

coaster

reality television, celebrities, social networking, and the internet in general.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on January 06, 2012, 07:17:49 PM
That's a shit load of data

i don't know if he's using an iphone 4s or not, but i read today siri has doubled iphone data usage.  cell carriers are eventually going to HAVE to modernize and accept the fact that 5GB of data is not enough on a fully functional, pocket sized computer (otherwise known as a smart phone).

The General

Nepotism.  My boss' son is the most spoiled little bitch I've ever seen.
And it doesn't help that he looks just like Justin Bieber.

Frys Girl

Quote from: McPhallus on January 06, 2012, 07:16:28 PM
AT&T.  Despite my grandfathered "unlimited" plan in my iPhone, I just got a text saying I'm close to the threshold for throttling with my usage at about 3.8 GB.

Motherfuckers!
I got that too. Screw them. Im over mobile phones anyway.

Eddie Coyle

Automobiles and interstate highways.

Aircraft and Transcontinental flight.

The telephone.