• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on October 12, 2017, 02:49:51 PM
https://youtu.be/00tjF2ROlwE

OMG.  That amount’s to acknowledgement of a traditional gender role.  Disturbing. 

albrecht

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 12, 2017, 02:23:08 PM
Christ, is there no one in Hollywood that hasn’t been harassed, fondled or molested?   I hear Lassie is coming forth with her story.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-entertainment-news-updates-weinstein-terry-screws-james-vanderbeek-1507828344-htmlstory.html#nt=oft09a-3gp1
There will likely be some tabloid lawyer who will sue the estate of Rin Tin Tin and accuse him of being a closet NAZI sympathizer who raped Lassie who being a younger dog needing the role and the power dynamic didn't allow her to alert authorities or get help.

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2017, 03:12:56 PM
There will likely be some tabloid lawyer who will sue the estate of Rin Tin Tin and accuse him of being a closet NAZI sympathizer who raped Lassie who being a younger dog needing the role and the power dynamic didn't allow her to alert authorities or get help.

They gave her a star on the Walk of Fame in order to get her to heel.

I'm going to go on record and say that I oppose what Trump is doing regarding healthcare.  I sympathize with why he feels led to do this but I don't believe executive orders should be used for anything other than administrative policies within the executive branch.  I know Congress has failed to do their job but two wrongs don't make a right.  When Obama signed executive orders to create law he was wrong and Trump is also wrong. This is not good for our country.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on October 12, 2017, 03:12:56 PM

They muzzled the poor girl.  The bastards!

Kidnostad3

Lest anyone take my recent posts as an indication of my lack of sympathy for the victims of sexual abuse I can only say that, having been under seige by women bent on having their way with me my entire adult life, I am most sympathetic. 

Kidnostad3

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 03:29:03 PM
I'm going to go on record and say that I oppose what Trump is doing regarding healthcare.  I sympathize with why he feels led to do this but I don't believe executive orders should be used for anything other than administrative policies within the executive branch.  I know Congress has failed to do their job but two wrongs don't make a right.  When Obama signed executive orders to create law he was wrong and Trump is also wrong. This is not good for our country.

I’m certain that the many who will benefit from the order will note your principled objection. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 12, 2017, 03:44:32 PM
Lest anyone take my recent posts as an indication of my lack of sympathy for the victims of sexual abuse I can only say that, having been under seige by women bent on having their way with me my entire adult life, I am most sympathetic.

I'm sure that burly nurse who comes to empty your bedpan every night is only restrained by the ethics of her profession from sitting on your wizened old face.

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 12, 2017, 03:50:27 PM
I’m certain that the many who will benefit from the order will note your principled objection.

No but everyone on Bellgab will.  ;)  What Obama did and what Trump is doing sets terrible precedent.

Catsmile

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 10, 2017, 11:11:32 AM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/10/10/trump-says-hes-willing-compare-iq-tests-rex-tillerson/749112001/

Trump says he's willing to 'compare IQ tests' with Rex Tillerson â€" and Mensa is game to host

lol x10,000

First is was "Fake News."
How long until Trump has the base using "Fake IQs!" every other sentence?
Gold, pure gold.

Catsmile

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 12, 2017, 08:01:49 AM
Imagne working at his company before he entered politics. 

Anyone taking a cabinet or White House position didn't do their due diligence.

Whos next on Apprentice D.C.?

Catsmile

Much talk of POTUS being a hero or zero depending upon party affiliation, and which side of the multiple bubbles they were on when it burst.

Everyone seems to ignore the common denominator among all the commanders-in-chief named. While the bubble blowers are laughing all the way to the bank. Carry on...

Meanwhile as people double down on party lines...

Smiling together because no matter which side of the bubble they were on, they did well. How about you?

Catsmile

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 04:21:56 PM
No but everyone on Bellgab will.  ;)  What Obama did and what Trump is doing sets terrible precedent.

In that case you should be disappointed starting from George Washington. Executive Orders have always been a thing in the USA. Why limit your horizons to Obama and Trump? Spread it around a little. <Wink Emoji> 

Catsmile

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 12, 2017, 07:48:15 AM
I'm having the same problem with Trump.  He needs to shut the fuck up and stop demanding people see things his way or else.  He's treading on people's 1st amendment rights.  He really can't do anything but bellow and gripe about it but it is disturbing behavior from the manchild.

Rush has always been consistent but he has given Trump a lot of passes when it comes to his twitter outbursts.  I'm glad he is finally saying something critical.

There is a solution for that. Just start kneeling during the national anthem, snowflake. That'll show us!  ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Lord Grantham on October 12, 2017, 08:53:14 AM
Spoken like a true fascist.

If you ever actually saw true fascism you'd wet your panties, snowflake.  ;D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on October 12, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
I just saw clips of General Kelly speaking at what I believe was his first press conference since becoming Chief of Staff.  What a very impressive man. So intelligent. Level-headed. Great sense of humor. Sane. I will sleep better with this new insight into the man. I can wrap him around me at night like a security blanket knowing he's the main guy standing between us and Chaos

Just be honest and say that you want to fuck him then.  ::)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 12, 2017, 08:08:52 AM
Also, people should keep in mind the majority of Republican primary voters wanted someone else, and they are under no illusions about Trump.  They'll take what they can get from him in terms of policy and appointments, and support him against the Democrats and media, but they aren't in love with him either.

This was an election where the choices were even worse than usual, although each had a core of fanatic supporters

To all those Republicans who didn't want Trump because they just wanted to keep the corruption train going with their friends the Democrats I say take a good, long, hard suck on my dick!  You're even bigger losers than the Dems because you won and still can't (don't) want to make a go of it. :P

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 12, 2017, 06:53:28 PM
To all those Republicans who didn't want Trump because they just wanted to keep the corruption train going...

Yeah, that's why.  You got me.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on October 12, 2017, 01:45:53 PM
I just saw clips of General Kelly speaking at what I believe was his first press conference since becoming Chief of Staff.  What a very impressive man. So intelligent. Level-headed. Great sense of humor. Sane. I will sleep better with this new insight into the man. I can wrap him around me at night like a security blanket knowing he's the main guy standing between us and Chaos

I admit he is dreamy but it's more his mind I'm attracted to. Let's review what he had to say, shall we?

1. Most of what the media is reporting is straight up fabricated bullshit and if you really want to know just come talk to us.
2. He has absolutely no problem with the president or his tweeting.
3. He emphasized the need for border security and the wall

Any questions, class?  :D

Quote from: Catsmile on October 12, 2017, 05:58:16 PM
In that case you should be disappointed starting from George Washington. Executive Orders have always been a thing in the USA. Why limit your horizons to Obama and Trump? Spread it around a little. <Wink Emoji>

EOs are supposed to be used to reflect the presidents priorities, fill in details of broad legislation, fine tune policy, deal with national emergencies, to provide direction in waging war, that sort of thing.  There has to be underlying Constitutional authority or existing  legislation to support them.  They aren't supposed to be used to legislate new law. 

It's not as if every president has a certain number of EOs he can use for anything he wants, or can issue EOs if Congress won't do his bidding. 

When Obama was legislating through Executive Order, those supporting him in that were warned he was seting precedent and at some point we would have a president they didn't like who felt free to do the same. 

GravitySucks

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on October 12, 2017, 08:31:17 PM
EOs are supposed to be used to reflect the presidents priorities, fill in details of broad legislation, fine tune policy, deal with national emergencies, to provide direction in waging war, that sort of thing.  There has to be underlying Constitutional authority or existing  legislation to support them.  They aren't supposed to be used to legislate new law. 

It's not as if every president has a certain number of EOs he can use for anything he wants, or can issue EOs if Congress won't do his bidding. 

When Obama was legislating through Executive Order, those supporting him in that were warned he was seting precedent and at some point we would have a president they didn't like who felt free to do the same.

How many of Trump’s EOs are written to counteract Obama’s EOs?

That is the real test. I haven’t read this latest healthcare one, but I haven’t had issues with the previous 48.

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 12, 2017, 08:33:52 PM
How many of Trump’s EOs are written to counteract Obama’s EOs?

That is the real test. I haven’t read this latest healthcare one, but I haven’t had issues with the previous 48.

Every president has gone over the line from time to time when issuing EOs, Obama made it routine. 

Frankly, ObamaCare is Unconstitutional, no matter how the Supreme Court voted, and no matter how tortured their decision was.  I think it would be great if Trump issued an EO directing the various departments to no longer enforce it, pay for it, collect the tax on it, and that it is effectively dead. 

How would that be different from Obama issuing EOs - or their equivalents - saying certain immigration laws will no longer be enforced, and implementing the new ones he liked better?

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on October 12, 2017, 03:44:32 PM
Lest anyone take my recent posts as an indication of my lack of sympathy for the victims of sexual abuse I can only say that, having been under seige by women fellow seamen bent on having their way with me my entire adult life, I am most sympathetic.

Fucking squids.  Literally.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: SredniVashtar on October 12, 2017, 04:02:31 PM
I'm sure that burly nurse who comes to empty your bedpan every night is only restrained by the ethics of her profession from sitting on your wizened old face.

You mean they’re not supposed to do that?