• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

[OFFICIAL] Iowa Caucus Thread. Predictions, Happenings, etc.

Started by The King of Kings, February 01, 2016, 04:35:18 AM

Bernie and Trump will win the Iowa Caucus.

I also predict Rand Paul will place in top three.

I agree, Trump will win unless Microsoft flips the numbers.
I don't care about Börnie or Clinton, they both suck.

onan

Winning Iowa is a better indicator of losing the election.

No way Trump wins. He has high negatives and no ground game. Cruz will probably win, but I would not be surprised if Rubio makes a very strong run and takes a very close one at the end.

In the Democrat camp, looks like the old commie wins it.

VtaGeezer

I'd like to see Trump win, but the archaic caucusing bullshit in Iowa (vs. just voting like normal people) will make it a real push for DT, subject to the local political types manipulating the outcome ("Cruz folks here, Rubio folks on that side, Bush folks in back, Trump folks can sit outside here in the 20 degrees and we'll come count you later.")  I caucused for Reagan in WA and it can take hours.  It ought to be banned, as should two-bit inconsequential states perpetually cutting into the head of the primary line every cycle and pre-empting most of America.

I hope Cruz is humiliated but its not likely because there are too many talibangelical zealot fundies in Iowa; remember that Santorum won in '12.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: VtaGeezer on February 01, 2016, 02:42:28 PM
It ought to be banned, as should two-bit inconsequential states perpetually cutting into the head of the primary line every cycle and pre-empting most of America.

yes, yes, yes.

I hope Cruz is humiliated...

as do i.  let's meditate on it.

75% of blacks in America say they will leave the country if Trump wins the Presidency.

The stakes have never been higher.  We need a Trump Presidency.

onan

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 05:28:15 PM
75% of blacks in America say they will leave the country if Trump wins the Presidency.

Obviously very few are aware of the difficulties in relocating to another country these days. Well you can go, your money... maybe not.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 01, 2016, 05:35:37 PM
Obviously very few are aware of the difficulties in relocating to another country these days. Well you can go, your money... maybe not.
Unless you are a bank or corporation. No capital controls on their money, it seems. And you usually can have some clever attorneys and accountants to come up with schemes, all legal maybe not in spirit but in law, to get around paying taxes. And maybe pay some screenwriters to come up with clever names: Double Irish, Dutch Sandwich, etc etc.

Those blacks, or others who are going to flee Trumpland, should be aware that simply leaving the country does not mean the IRS stops demanding you pay US taxes and, technically, it is illegal to give up citizenship for 'tax purposes.' Also, Obama has announced that the State Dept will not renew or issue passports to US citizens with certain tax debts.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on February 01, 2016, 06:10:01 PM
Unless you are a bank or corporation. No capital controls on their money, it seems. And you usually can have some clever attorneys and accountants to come up with schemes, all legal maybe not in spirit but in law, to get around paying taxes. And maybe pay some screenwriters to come up with clever names: Double Irish, Dutch Sandwich, etc etc.

Those blacks, or others who are going to flee Trumpland, should be aware that simply leaving the country does not mean the IRS stops demanding you pay US taxes and, technically, it is illegal to give up citizenship for 'tax purposes.' Also, Obama has announced that the State Dept will not renew or issue passports to US citizens with certain tax debts.

Try opening a bank account in another country. Things are changing, the banks own us.

mikuthing01

Quote from: The King of Kings on February 01, 2016, 05:28:15 PM

Something tells me their homeland is no where on their list and they will want to go to a white country even though honkies and racism 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyJFRTJgPbU

chefist

Quote from: MV on February 01, 2016, 03:14:03 PM
yes, yes, yes.

as do i.  let's meditate on it.

I get the general feeling the evangelical candidates will not do very well...times have changed...guess we will find out...

chefist

Quote from: onan on February 01, 2016, 06:23:10 PM
Try opening a bank account in another country. Things are changing, the banks own us.

The best one can do is try to not have any debt...even if you have to live a spartan lifestyle...better than being an indentured servant...

onan

Quote from: chefist on February 01, 2016, 06:27:17 PM
The best one can do is try to not have any debt...even if you have to live a spartan lifestyle...better than being an indentured servant...

A doctor I work with is taking his life and moving to Equador. He is the one cluing me in on coming restrictions and regulations being levied on foreign banks. He just got back from visiting family in Hong Kong. As he tells it, and I have no reason to doubt him, it is becoming so onerous for the foreign banks that unless you want to put close to a million into their bank they don't want the hassle.

albrecht

Quote from: onan on February 01, 2016, 06:23:10 PM
Yeah, FATCA FBAR, 8938, etc, etc is a bad thing. The US has no business telling other countries how to run their banks....if they are really doing something bad (i.e., terrorism etc) that sanction them but now many countries banks don't even want US customers due to the compliance costs. And the thing is: is anyone caught, except 'small guys'? Probably not even when the banks THEMSELVES launder money for terrorists, drug dealers, and dictators or manipulate stuff (like LIBOR) they get slap-on-the-wrist fines.

Off subject, sorta, I don't know why the Post Office hasn't gone Euro-style and do banking. It seems they always loose money and are trying to compete in an industry that left them far behind (shipping stuff.) Pensioners, poor people, etc could get their SS (and etc) to the Post Office bank, do transactions, etc and since lots of the remittances are already coming from Federal agencies it could be quick, secure, and the government would (like a bank) be able to use the account on hand (to some degree) make some money off it in loans, etc.

chefist

Quote from: onan on February 01, 2016, 06:31:41 PM
A doctor I work with is taking his life and moving to Equador. He is the one cluing me in on coming restrictions and regulations being levied on foreign banks. He just got back from visiting family in Hong Kong. As he tells it, and I have no reason to doubt him, it is becoming so onerous for the foreign banks that unless you want to put close to a million into their bank they don't want the hassle.

Banks are the primary tool used by the government to gather metadata...after the most recent bailout in 2008, the banks are now proxy servants of the government...

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on February 01, 2016, 06:37:18 PM
Yeah, FATCA FBAR, 8938, etc, etc is a bad thing. The US has no business telling other countries how to run their banks....if they are really doing something bad (i.e., terrorism etc) that sanction them but now many countries banks don't even want US customers due to the compliance costs. And the thing is: is anyone caught, except 'small guys'? Probably not even when the banks THEMSELVES launder money for terrorists, drug dealers, and dictators or manipulate stuff (like LIBOR) they get slap-on-the-wrist fines.

Off subject, sorta, I don't know why the Post Office hasn't gone Euro-style and do banking. It seems they always loose money and are trying to compete in an industry that left them far behind (shipping stuff.) Pensioners, poor people, etc could get their SS (and etc) to the Post Office bank, do transactions, etc and since lots of the remittances are already coming from Federal agencies it could be quick, secure, and the government would (like a bank) be able to use the account on hand (to some degree) make some money off it in loans, etc.

Yes, because government agencies and so-called non-government organizations such as the post office are sooooooo much more efficient.

Just minutes away.

Everyone reporting extremely high new voter turnout.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on February 01, 2016, 06:42:01 PM
Yes, because government agencies and so-called non-government organizations such as the post office are sooooooo much more efficient.
Actually the post office does a decent job, considering the scope of their work (delivering stuff to a large country, foreign posts, troops, etc.) Certainly better than most government agencies. Even Amazon is relying on them for quick delivery. The problem is that they can't have the efficiencies or independence of a private business- but also can't have the deep pockets/no-profit motive as a government agency since now they are sort of in the middle-ground and still have the huge pension problem. I don't see why for older, poorer, etc they didn't get into banking and more of a credit union type of service maybe. They also should've got their cronies to write laws that things like legal service, tax documents, etc must be sent through them.

ps: CNN has a "Caucus Cam" and PBS was explaining how great the Microsoft Apps are that both parties are using to count the votes.

Quote from: Jackstar on February 01, 2016, 06:51:55 PM

Thank you for demonstrating my point. You are dismissed.

Someone not get their nap?  Need your sippy cup?