• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Random stupid things on your mind. Post them.

Started by timpate, September 20, 2010, 07:56:24 PM

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Vatar on January 05, 2012, 11:43:10 AM
Don't worry I took out a whole group of school children using that method earlier in the week. I mean one of them had the audacity to wear a Red hoodie ... Nigga please.

They were frontin' dogg. Niggaz gots what was comin to they azz.

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 05, 2012, 03:25:36 PM
   They were frontin' dogg. Niggaz gots what was comin to they azz.   

Yeah dogg I mean what they moms teach'n them?  Nobody be wearin no more elmo hoodies on my turf no more or they gonna get gatted like that other kid you feel me?

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 03, 2012, 11:01:24 PM

Rick Santorum? Iowans have a wonderful sense of humor. Un-fucking-real.

All I hear is Alice Cooper: "can't take things off the shelf."
I'd vote for L. Ron himself over this douchebag.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Vatar on January 05, 2012, 05:04:33 PM
Yeah dogg I mean what they moms teach'n them?  Nobody be wearin no more elmo hoodies on my turf no more or they gonna get gatted like that other kid you feel me?

Word.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Treading Water on January 05, 2012, 05:38:30 PM
All I hear is Alice Cooper: "can't take things off the shelf."

+1 for the excellent tasteless reference.

MV/Liberace!

i'm really happy with the way new members can post on this forum and be treated by others as if they've been around forever.  that's really unusual on any forum.  you guys are a good collection of people.

Frys Girl

Marshmellow vodka? EW! I don't drink, but even if I did, GTFOWTBS

Morgus

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 06, 2012, 04:28:18 PM
i'm really happy with the way new members can post on this forum and be treated by others as if they've been around forever.  that's really unusual on any forum.  you guys are a good collection of people.
yes indeed its great here.
at other forums often there is an insider group that shuns newbies/outsiders and often ban you soon for trivial reason or no reason whatsover. Happens the most at noory-friendly sites like FF2 i've noticed. But that just makes their forums dead with no new members posting. You can tell such a site is unfriendly to newbies because they setup the forum so you can't even read any threads or posts as a guest like they are hiding something?

the difference here is startling - with lots of activity compared to the many other older sites that are now dead.

The General

I notice that Michael Vandeven's name is now bold in the "Users Online" section.  It's good to be king, huh Michael?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: The General on January 07, 2012, 02:10:39 AM
I notice that Michael Vandeven's name is now bold in the "Users Online" section.  It's good to be king, huh Michael?

lol, it wasn't bold before?

b_dubb

The General

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on January 07, 2012, 03:58:11 AM

lol, it wasn't bold before?
I never noticed it being bold before.

One strange thing I notice about the site is that it will randomly have larger and smaller text if you refresh a couple times.  It sometimes reloads in slightly different sizes.  Is it in my mind?  Is it my computer?  I don't get how the same site could change sizes randomly like that.... Coastgab is the only site that does it.

The General

Quote from: The General on January 07, 2012, 01:11:32 PM
I never noticed it being bold before.

One strange thing I notice about the site is that it will randomly have larger and smaller text if you refresh a couple times.  It sometimes reloads in slightly different sizes.  Is it in my mind?  Is it my computer?  I don't get how the same site could change sizes randomly like that.... Coastgab is the only site that does it.
I figured out why just now....
this page http://www.coastgab.com/
and this page http://coastgab.com/index.php
are different sizes.  That's why.  Problem solved.
I like the bigger one.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 07, 2012, 01:01:13 PM
howard bloom is a total douche asshole

I disagree. I think he's a total asshole douche.

Frys Girl

Quote from: b_dubb on January 07, 2012, 01:01:13 PM
howard bloom is a total douche asshole
I agree. A rich asshole, and I don't mean that in a homophobic way.

Frys Girl

I just saw tinker, tailor, soldier, spy, plumber, trash man. It sucked. I don't recommend any of you bother to see it.

b_dubb

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 07, 2012, 02:58:31 PM
   I disagree. I think he's a total asshole douche.
come for the meaningful debate. stay for the insult comedy
coastgab.com

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 07, 2012, 03:14:16 PM
come for the meaningful debate. stay for the insult comedy
coastgab.com
That's a good hook.

Frys Girl

Gabriell Giffords' husband is such a gentleman. It's beautiful how much he has stood by his wife and supported her recovery. Love is awesome.

b_dubb

Quote from: Frys Girl on January 08, 2012, 02:35:44 PM
Gabriell Giffords' husband is such a gentleman. It's beautiful how much he has stood by his wife and supported her recovery. Love is awesome.
Agreed

punkinpie

Only because there isn't a WGAS open lines thread and I'm too lazy to make one......

I ran across this article on Mental Floss and thought it might interest ya'll.

http://www.mentalfloss.com/blogs/archives/112560

Why Do Some Radio Stations Begin With 'K' and Others With 'W'?

Because the government says so.

In the days of the telegraph, operators started the practice of using short letter sequences as identifiers, referring to them as call letters or call signs. Early radio operators continued the practice, but without a central authority assigning call letters, radio operators often chose letters already in use, leading to confusion.

To alleviate the problem, the Bureau of Navigation (part of the Department of Commerce), began assigning three-letter call signs to American ships in the early 1910s. Ships in the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico got a K prefix and in the Pacific and the Great Lakes got a W. The precise reasons for choosing these two letters, if there were any, are unknown. Bureaucracy works in mysterious ways. At the 1912 London International Radiotelegraphic Convention, ranges of letters were assigned to each of the participating nations and the U.S. was told to keep using the W and most of the K range.

When the federal government began licensing commercial radio stations later that year, it had planned to assign call letters to the land-based stations in the same way. Somehow, things got flipped during implementation, though, and Eastern stations got W call signs and the Western ones got Ks. Where exactly does the Bureau of Navigation draw the line between East and West? For a while it ran north from the Texas-New Mexico border, but shifted in 1923 to follow the Mississippi River.

“Now hold on,” you might say. “I live in [your state here], which should use call signs with a [K or W], but one of my local stations uses a [the other letter]. What sorcery is this?”

Yeah, the rules have never really been followed to a T. There are plenty of call sign anomalies. When the dividing line switched, some stations were made to change their call signs, while others weren’t. For about a year in the 1920s, the Bureau of Navigation that decided that all new stations were going to get a K call sign no matter where they were located. Still other exceptions were made by special request, station relocations, ownership changes, and even human error. (In the federal government? Shocking, I know.)

The K station furthest east is Philadelphia’s KYW-1060, which is still on air, and the W station furthest west was Fairbanks’ WLAY, which operated in the early 1920s.

MV/Liberace!

HP laptops FUCKING SUCK.  Don't EVER buy one.  They SUUUUUUUUCK.  God DAMN it!!

b_dubb

Should we have a mock funeral here at Coastgab.com for Coast?  i vote yes

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: b_dubb on January 09, 2012, 11:34:45 AM
Should we have a mock funeral here at Coastgab.com for Coast?  i vote yes

A mock execution is needed as well.

Vatar

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on January 09, 2012, 11:36:38 AM
    A mock execution is needed as well.

Mock execution, don't you think that is a little mild.