• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

trostol

Quote from: Daggit on April 04, 2016, 11:30:25 PM
I see nothing much has changed here. Art why even post here anymore? Most of the best posters have left. You should too. Best to just enjoy your retirement.

thats just a bad mentality to have..the best posters have left..if you have been around then how would you know?

zeebo

Best poster ever was Sardondi, and he split long ago.  Sucks, but ya gotta plow forward and make the best of things!

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on April 04, 2016, 11:48:46 PM
Best poster ever was Sardondi, and he split long ago.  Sucks, but ya gotta plow forward and make the best of things!

pretty much..it is what you make of it..some do exactly like Art did..let a few "trolls" spoil their fun and pretty much ignore the rest

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on April 04, 2016, 11:48:46 PM

Sardondi came back briefly, but things had changed so much I guess that he disappeared again, mainly because Eddie Coyle was banned I guess. But yeah, truly great poster. As I recall we got into an argument once and called each other scoundrels and there very nearly was a gentleman's duel.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 04, 2016, 11:53:29 PM
Sardondi came back briefly, but things had changed so much I guess that he disappeared again, mainly because Eddie Coyle was banned I guess. But yeah, truly great poster. As I recall we got into an argument once and called each other scoundrels and there very nearly was a gentleman's duel.

not sure i wanna be yer second for that fishy

albrecht

Now would that be just a Euro slapping of gloves or a Prussian kiss on the cheek with a blade type of duel? Or one of those good American-style tie yourself by a rope and go at it with Bowie knives or shots at some paces?

zeebo

I may be partial as he was one of the first to welcome me to this august board, lo those many years ago.  I'm glad that you both escaped the potential duel unscathed.  :)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on April 04, 2016, 11:57:31 PM
Now would that be just a Euro slapping of gloves or a Prussian kiss on the cheek with a blade type of duel? Or one of those good American-style tie yourself by a rope and go at it with Bowie knives or shots at some paces?

Sardondi was a real American, so it would have been shots at some paces.

zeebo

Quote from: trostol on April 04, 2016, 11:50:23 PM
pretty much..it is what you make of it..some do exactly like Art did..let a few "trolls" spoil their fun and pretty much ignore the rest

This is a good point.  I love the guy but I do find it irritating that he seems to focus on the worst comments here.  So many supportive and understanding posts but still he starts out with lines like "I know none of you will believe this ...." etc.  C'mon man, alot of folks here are just big fans, fairly reasonable in our viewpoints.  At least give some of us the benefit of the doubt.

albrecht

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 04, 2016, 11:58:45 PM
Sardondi was a real American, so it would have been shots at some paces.
Good. Though I must admit some affection for the more low-brow style of duelings with involving knives and ropes and a blanket or section of earth from which one cannot go outside and one cannot get away from the accuser by distance.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on April 04, 2016, 11:58:38 PM
I may be partial as he was one of the first to welcome me to this august board, lo those many years ago.  I'm glad that you both escaped the potential duel unscathed.  :)

Sad thing is that it was a dispute over George Noory. I dunno what the hell I was thinking.

zeebo

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on April 05, 2016, 12:02:53 AM
Sad thing is that it was a dispute over George Noory. I dunno what the hell I was thinking.

Dude, I remember those days.  You fought the good fight with honor.  Alas it was a lost cause, but you're intentions were good.  I'm sure I gave you a ton of grief back then, but all water under the bridge ya know.

Dr. MD MD

Did he experience the taste of your glove?  ??? :P

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 05, 2016, 12:11:45 AM
Did he experience the taste of your glove?  ??? :P

Reports mention there was a demand for 'satisfaction'.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: zeebo on April 05, 2016, 12:08:34 AM
Dude, I remember those days.  You fought the good fight with honor.  Alas it was a lost cause, but you're intentions were good.  I'm sure I gave you a ton of grief back then, but all water under the bridge ya know.

Hehe, my biggest rival in those days was Lonevoice. Then George had Oates on and that was it for me, that was a sleazy move, so I lost respect for him. After that Lone and I became great board friends because we both totally saw eye-to-eye on Art Bell's masterful broadcasting skills.

ACE of CLUBS

Miss the 'old days' with George the brunt of the ire/humour ..........
I'm somehow embarrassed for Art when he appears here sporadically ..... no show, odd explanations, hidden medical problems, stalkers, etc., etc.  Drama ...... every post.
Wish he would just 'call it a day' and go enjoy his family and quit trolling for accolades here.  Embarrassing.

So was there a gadcast last night, and it just hasn't been posted?
I'm a uuge MV fanboy.
He's literally one of the only people on earth my husband and I would like to take out for a beer.

Lilith

Quote from: VictoriaPandora on April 05, 2016, 06:23:22 AM
So was there a gadcast last night, and it just hasn't been posted?
I'm a uuge MV fanboy.
He's literally one of the only people on earth my husband and I would like to take out for a beer.

Indeed there was, and it was a SPLENDID time!  Late, but WELL worth the wait!  I'm sure MV will have it posted for you're listening funness soon!

Praise MV!

Taco Bell

Quote from: trostol on April 04, 2016, 10:43:23 PM
wish my local Classic Rock station would get sold off..but that does now explain the heavy rotation of certain artists and songs on it

Playlists fluctuate with time. Depending if the station has an outside consultant that helps tweak the song scheduling/category listing, it could be based on taste of those who take surveys and how people rate those songs. The people that rate those songs are more than likely not even in your market, but the consumer taste tend to follow in motion with the same demographics. Different times of the year you're going to hear certain artists/song more often. With a classic rock station, a lot of people's reaction to songs are based on nostalgia. Also if a song is dug up on put on a soundtrack for a movie that's popular, expect a heavy rotation in the months to follow.

Or the music director could be lazy and really have a thing for a particular band.

Dyna-X

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 05, 2016, 08:35:41 AM
Playlists fluctuate with time. Depending if the station has an outside consultant that helps tweak the song scheduling/category listing, it could be based on taste of those who take surveys and how people rate those songs. The people that rate those songs are more than likely not even in your market, but the consumer taste tend to follow in motion with the same demographics. Different times of the year you're going to hear certain artists/song more often. With a classic rock station, a lot of people's reaction to songs are based on nostalgia. Also if a song is dug up on put on a soundtrack for a movie that's popular, expect a heavy rotation in the months to follow.

Or the music director could be lazy and really have a thing for a particular band.
Bingo! The iHeart Classic Rock format was made with Auditorium Surveys based on song recognition. The results are an anemic playlist of about 300 rocks songs, that while they are not bad songs will leave those that lived the Classic Rock era bored after a couple days of listening. You can tell summer is coming not just by the buds on the trees but by the fact they are amping up the arena rock in the playlist. (Boston, Foreigner, etc.)   The demographics shift the center (the middle of the bell curve based on the songs' years of release).  The conglomerates in general dont really care about the 54 plus age group, and it shows in the fact that they dont play much from the 60s other than a handful of Beatles and Stones songs.  The community based stations idea could change all this. In major markets you could end up with several target demographics.

Quote from: brig on April 05, 2016, 06:30:20 AM
Indeed there was, and it was a SPLENDID time!  Late, but WELL worth the wait!  I'm sure MV will have it posted for you're listening funness soon!

Praise MV!

Thanks! Funny, last night I had a "feeling" there's was going to be a gabcast, so checked in this morning.
It's always a treat:)

ItsOver

Good thing you didn't get into with it Coyle.  We would have discovered if Eddie liked dolphin sushi.

chefist

Quote from: ACE of CLUBS on April 05, 2016, 06:05:36 AM
Miss the 'old days' with George the brunt of the ire/humor ..........
I'm somehow embarrassed for Art when he appears here sporadically ..... no show, odd explanations, hidden medical problems, stalkers, etc., etc.  Drama ...... every post.
Wish he would just 'call it a day' and go enjoy his family and quit trolling for accolades here.  Embarrassing.

Interesting that Art was basically ignored on his first post the other day. Then, when he saw no one was trolling or kissing his butt, he started again with the stalker/COPD/DMDN not affiliated shtick...getting really predictable and old actually...

After the dramatic posts, there were quite a few BellGabbers wishing him well and asking him to do a periodic show...did he respond to these very kind, supportive folks? HELL NO! He only responds to trolls and when he is ignored...I know if I had become a multi-millionaire as a public figure, I would greatly appreciate my fans and answer as many of their posts as I could...at least enough to show I was reading and cared...Even though I am a huge fan of his broadcasts, I can see that personally he appears to be self absorbed and narcissistic...

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on April 05, 2016, 10:02:50 AM
Good thing you didn't get into with it Coyle.  We would have discovered if Eddie liked dolphin sushi.

I miss Eddie...wonder what he is up to...

Quote from: chefist on April 05, 2016, 11:04:40 AM

I imagine he is out there somewhere, watching the Wendy Williams show and listening to Kanye West's new album.

bobo17

Quote from: Showroom Dummy on April 04, 2016, 07:44:15 PM
art posted here he has nothing to do with DMDN -so why have a meeting about it? very confusing? at this point if after everything that has been written here a meeting needs to happen to talk about what ? whats the bottom line ? its all been said here how people feel about what they would like to see happen- again i say either walk the walk or CUT THE TALK!!!

You are missing the POINT.
Do to my unparaleled influence and respect, i alone have the power to bring this issue
to a sucesful conclusion.  I am really really smart and very well respected by all those involved
in this unfortunate situation.  You can post your thoughts all you want on a public board, but I
am the ONLY ONE who has the influence on the players to make it happen.

bobo

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on April 05, 2016, 11:04:40 AM
I hope MV let's him back again someday in one of his mass unbannings. 

This has been a fun couple of days on BellGab.  ;D

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 05, 2016, 12:30:04 PM
This has been a fun couple of days on BellGab.  ;D
Yes a lot of action.