• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Kolchak

Quote from: ManiacMatt on January 26, 2016, 07:59:33 PM
History repeats.  I've never heard this clip before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSR3itxyOBk

If Art had made an announcement like this this time around, ironically, it would have eased the blow a bit.

MikeJ

Brings back memories of all the times I was jerked around by his quitting back in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Anyone remember what the big explanation was for quitting that time?

Uncle Duke

Considering the rather ominous nature of Art's departure announcement on this clip, the accompanying photo seems quite inappropriate.  One would assume the photo was not taken at the time of his announcement.

The Snorchlax

Well, we could use some Art tonight but of course that ain't happening

Mr. Fidget

Quote from: The Snorchlax on January 26, 2016, 09:10:41 PM
Well, we could use some Art tonight but of course that ain't happening
I can recommend a classic, it's got legs:
http://sitarchive.com/?p=1073

Element 115

Quote from: MikeJ on January 26, 2016, 08:59:55 PM
Brings back memories of all the times I was jerked around by his quitting back in the late 90s and early 2000s.  Anyone remember what the big explanation was for quitting that time?

It was the issue with his son. I don't want to get too much into what occurred here in the forum. That was why he departed during the aforeposted audio clip.

MikeJ

Thank. I remember all that happened with his son.

Claudius

I was wondering recently what would have happened to Art if Ramona hadn't died. I'm just guessing that he would have continued doing weekends for longer and eventually just quit out of his dislike for Premier Radio. But I'm guessing he wouldn't have been doing all of this goofy stuff.

Soylentblue

"What you're listening to is my final broadcast." - Art Bell

Geez, that sounds familiar.

DeltaBravo

Quote from: Soylentblue on January 26, 2016, 10:37:13 PM

"What you're listening to is my final broadcast." - Art Bell

Geez, that sounds familiar.
Hmmm, where have we heard that one before?

Ciardelo

Quote from: DeltaBravo on January 26, 2016, 10:47:28 PM
Hmmm, where have we heard that one before?
Shit man! Did he leave town owing you too?

Claudius

Quote from: Ciardelo on January 26, 2016, 10:49:55 PM
Shit man! Did he leave town owing you too?
Uncreative troll is pointless. At least come up with some new material.

Mr. Fidget

I think somebody back a few pages had the thought of Art quitting in each episode of a sitcom? If he embraced all the quitsy brewhaha and just quit at the end of each MITD, building up to it in creative ways... it could be incredibly funny, each and every night. He could theatrically "hang up the mic for good" as theater.

Kind of like "kenny" in southpark, or Gary Rogers on Skateline's... classic exits.
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL88C0EFC6514B02ED
Talk about "getting it", Art could eclipse Andy Rooney's 60 minutes "fame" for ending meme.

Art Bell

Hi everybody, first the fact that I am now here does not represent a lie since when I last left I simply said I was leaving, not quitting Bell Gab but I am sure it will be said anyway.

Second, I fully understand I reacted far to quickly at a moment I had not slept and was under a lot of stress with what was going on and yes because my Wife had enough and told me it had to stop because it was having a very negative effect on Asia. So I said something I could not take back and that is on me.

Next I want to say sorry to the people on this Forum who supported me in the run up to this show with so much, I understand your hearts were broken but I also want to say that mine was as well because I have been a member here for Years and reading many of the things said here hurt me more then you can know. I will sure cop to making a very bad decision at that time but this felt like home to me. Bad decision yes but lie, never. I never lied to you on air or off, never.

I would be glad to answer any reasonable questions but if people just want to trash me and my Family I will not respond to that sort of thing. Perhaps you do not believe this place was that important to me but you would be wrong, I am not sure it is the same place I remember but my memories of it the way it was are warm.

Art

Jackstar

I can forgive.

Quote from: Art Bell on January 26, 2016, 11:03:41 PM
I fully understand I reacted far to quickly

Except...

Ciardelo

Hi everybody, first the fact that I am now here does not represent a lie since when I last left I simply said I was leaving, not quitting Bell Gab but I am sure it will be said anyway.

Second, I fully understand I reacted far to quickly at a moment I had not slept and was under a lot of stress with what was going on and yes because my Wife had enough and told me it had to stop because it was having a very negative effect on Asia. So I said something I could not take back and that is on me.

Next I want to say sorry to the people on this Forum who supported me in the run up to this show with so much, I understand your hearts were broken but I also want to say that mine was as well because I have been a member here for Years and reading many of the things said here hurt me more then you can know. I will sure cop to making a very bad decision at that time but this felt like home to me. Bad decision yes but lie, never. I never lied to you on air or off, never.

I would be glad to answer any reasonable questions but if people just want to trash me and my Family I will not respond to that sort of thing. Perhaps you do not believe this place was that important to me but you would be wrong, I am not sure it is the same place I remember but my memories of it the way it was are warm.

Art
Never thought you were. Too bad you missed the re-boot of the X-Files. But I don't have any questions.
Thanks for the ride man. :)

littlechris

Art

Thank You Art!! Welcome back!!!   :)

Ciardelo

Now quit trying to take attention from heather's show ;)

Uncle Duke

Art

Curious why you would post this now, just as Heather is going live with a guest on MITD? 

Coffeeman

Art

At this point....

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 26, 2016, 11:10:26 PM
Curious why you would post this now, just as Heather is going live with a guest on MITD?

I heard multi-tasking was hard.

Claudius

Art

I have to applaud your coming here to say this. I may not have liked the way you left, and albeit I mainly tuned in for the craziness of the whole thing it was very big of you to come on here and say that. I didn't personally take part in the media push before hand so I don't think this post was meant for people such as myself. But for those who did, I'm sure they appreciate it.

trostol

Art

welcome...post often

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on January 26, 2016, 11:10:26 PM

1,000,000 possible questions and you go with this? Put down the lamp, step away from the genie.

Art

Only question that matters is, when are you going to be back live hosting MITD?

Mr. Fidget

Art
You know my beef.
Lift the blacklisting.
Welcome back, post often.
If I've offended you, get over it,
I apologize.
;)

GravitySucks

Art

How would you like to host or cohost the next GABCAST?  MV would set that up in a heartbeat at your convenience. I think that would go a long way to silencing your critics here.

Just a thought.

trostol

Quote from: The King of Kings on January 26, 2016, 11:13:53 PM
Only question that matters is, when are you going to be back live hosting MITD?

thursday..for Carter lol

littlechris

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 26, 2016, 11:14:27 PM
How would you like to host or cohost the next GABCAST?  MV would set that up in a heartbeat at your convenience. I think that would go a long way to silencing your critics here.

Just a thought.

Haha!!!  THAT WOULD BE SOOO RAD!!!!!! DO IT ART!!  PLEASE!!!!