• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

zeebo

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 06, 2018, 11:33:08 PM
Jimmy Church hosting with guest Richard Dolan. Not bad so far.

I don't have that visceral Church repulsion often expressed here.  Sure he's got that cheesy wannabe rocker thing going on, but it doesn't bother me.  Maybe it's because he usually hosts on Fri. nites when I'm loaded on martinis.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 06, 2018, 11:48:12 PM
I don't have that visceral Church repulsion often expressed here.  Sure he's got that cheesy wannabe rocker thing going on, but it doesn't bother me.  Maybe it's because he usually hosts on Fri. nites when I'm loaded on martinis.

Shaken, not stirred

ItsOver

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 07, 2018, 12:10:11 AM
Shaken, not stirred
Heh, Zeebo, double naught secret squirrel.  :D

Admits he texts while driving and makes a big joke about it. Hope he doesn't kill anybody

albrecht

Jimmy doesn't know much about Mel's Hole shows and knows little about history or the Bible.

Made it exactly 5 minutes into Church's show tonight......  Can go no further.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2018, 08:06:04 PM

He's already shifting gears...Thursday night is talk about Art night.

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 08:13:52 PM
He's already shifting gears...Thursday night is talk about Art night.

I'm sure he did spend a bunch of time hawking that weird social networking platform............

ItsOver

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2018, 08:06:04 PM
That's 5 minutes more than I could do.

Sean92008

Quote from: zeebo on April 06, 2018, 11:48:12 PM
Didn't he leave DMDN just prior to MitD starting?  It pissed KR off, not a difficult move.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2018, 08:23:52 PM
I'm sure he did spend a bunch of time hawking that weird social networking platform............

Yeah, first I heard of it. Haven't listened to his show in a long time, only tuned in for Scott Wolter. Jimmy always reminds me of a rock dj that's still stuck in 1989.

cheesemonkey

Jimmy "Think about that" Church. Jesus mother of God how many times does he have to say that? It's infuriating! We can think without being told to sunshine!
/rant

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 08:34:43 PM
Yeah, first I heard of it. Haven't listened to his show in a long time, only tuned in for Scott Wolter. Jimmy always reminds me of a rock dj that's still stuck in 1989.

That was my plan - to listen to Wolter a bit.    Has Wolter even got on air yet at 35 minutes into the show or is Church still yucking it up?

ItsOver

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 16, 2018, 08:34:43 PM
I'm thinking the 70's.  Wolfman Jack's sleazy son.

Taco Bell

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 16, 2018, 08:39:27 PM
That was my plan - to listen to Wolter a bit.    Has Wolter even got on air yet at 35 minutes into the show or is Church still yucking it up?

He's on now.

zeebo

Quote from: cheesemonkey on April 16, 2018, 08:35:16 PM
Jimmy "Think about that" Church. Jesus mother of God how many times does he have to say that? It's infuriating! We can think without being told to sunshine!
/rant

Haha it's impossible not to hear that in his voice.  Here's another one:  "I get it, man."

So Jimmy Church watches Armenian Political TV while lying in bed and munching on popcorn?   Who knew!

Gd5150

Coast 2 coast is pretty good tonight.

Ok back to falkie 2.0 the MITD thread.

albrecht

We got an update from caller "Bonnie." I like her wild tales. Escalators in the desert filled with bodies on it somewhere outside Vegas with many 18-wheelers (with track lighting that 'looks like fire') presumably transporting bodies to the escalator that takes them to an incinerator. Stalkers, having to move from Texas over some issue (or move to Texas, I forget.) And I think something about the bodies might be coming from some underground war that is going on (hence the "booms" people are hearing.)

Morgus

Tonight (Tue) Linda Howe is scheduled as Jimmy Church's guest.
And tomorrow (Wed) George Noory is scheduled as the guest...

Exile

Linda going on about those killer robots..

I think Linda needs a break from stuff. Its become a religion to her.

::)

Exile

I'll go against the consensus and admit I like Jimmy "pot head" Church.

I've got my fox hole dug deep and am ready for incomming fire/

8)

Dyna-X

Quote from: Exile on May 22, 2018, 09:15:07 PM
I'll go against the consensus and admit I like Jimmy "pot head" Church.

I've got my fox hole dug deep and am ready for incomming fire/

8)
I admit I listen to him, I just generally skip the promotional insanity of the first 10-15 minutes to hopefully be just in time for the Fader Fact. He is nearly a Rock Encyclopedia when the topic comes up, and has called out the TTSA on their bullshit, so he has made it to be among my upper middle tier of hosts as of late. I would seem the ratings game keeps him hanging on to the dubious Wilcock/Goode/Emery Smith/Yanaros club, but still does a decent interview that flows smoothly.

Tonight he has George Noory on as a guest, so I am curious to what that will be about.

Exile

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 23, 2018, 09:38:47 AM
Tonight he has George Noory on as a guest, so I am curious to what that will be about.

Gonna listen to that too. I think it'll be an interesting interview.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 23, 2018, 09:38:47 AM
I admit I listen to him, I just generally skip the promotional insanity of the first 10-15 minutes to hopefully be just in time for the Fader Fact. He is nearly a Rock Encyclopedia when the topic comes up, and has called out the TTSA on their bullshit, so he has made it to be among my upper middle tier of hosts as of late. I would seem the ratings game keeps him hanging on to the dubious Wilcock/Goode/Emery Smith/Yanaros club, but still does a decent interview that flows smoothly.

Good quick summary of Jimmy the Schmooze...

I wonder if his coffee is any good or how long it would take me to get sick of bourbon and coffee grilled steaks...

???

Metron2267

Quote from: ItsOver on April 16, 2018, 08:39:32 PM
I'm thinking the 70's.  Wolfman Jack's sleazy son.

LOLOL!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99z-H_NEccU

Wait a minute, have Popsicle!

(one of the greatest scenes ever)

Used to listen to the Wolfman on a station out of Del Rio, Texas back in the day...

http://www.uncasnetworks.com/xerb/pages/xerb.shtml

...that signal swept across the desert like a wave of pure crackling rock energy...

8) 8) 8)

El Chorro

Quote from: Exile on May 23, 2018, 11:50:44 AM
Gonna listen to that too. I think it'll be an interesting interview.

I like George. He has a friendly manner and I only listen to the first half hour or so as I'm dozing off. I know he's not Art, but he's distinctive and I also look forward to hearing him on with Church.

Jojo

Showtime! George Noory on Jimmy Church Fade to Black radio. 3 minutes.  I think you have to register with yr email so hurry!

El Chorro

Quote from: monica on May 23, 2018, 07:57:58 PM
Showtime! George Noory on Jimmy Church Fade to Black radio. 3 minutes.  I think you have to register with yr email so hurry!

I'm listening right on his site. Refreshingly easy

Jojo

Quote from: El Chorro on May 23, 2018, 08:05:21 PM
I'm listening right on his site. Refreshingly easy
How to get to the broadcast?!  The site is not leading me there and there is no Home page!