• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

AZZERAE

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 18, 2018, 09:52:54 PM
what do you do in South Africa?  Or maybe, I should ask, as non-black, what are you allowed to do?

Laugh all you will buddy. Hahaha. Your country is demonizing the white man itself...I know how that story ends. Be wary!

Corona Kitty

Warren says you are also a talented cartoonist.

AZZERAE

Quote from: username on April 19, 2018, 01:24:37 AM
Warren says you are also a talented cartoonist.

He and I publish together.

Now its my turn to say I'm talentless...and I hate everyone elses work!

:)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 18, 2018, 07:06:44 PM
I don't use YouTube or equipment in contacting spirits.  I have a more direct approach...just enter a substance free 'state' in which I receive words, symbols, sounds, pictures, scenes with movement, the ability to enter into the actual spirit realm itself and yes, visit with the spirit in question.  I have tried to contact Art twice.  The first time I received two symbols. The second time I was able to cross over into the spirit world and while I wasn't able to hook up with Art, I did have quite the wild ride for a bit.  Strange, I know.  Just something I have been able to do since childhood.

Interesting. Is this something that someone in your family taught you to do, or did you stumble across it accidentally?  Can you “enter this state” at will, or is it random?

I have seen a ghost once. Before I knew the person had died. It spoke to me. Still haunts me today over 30 years later.

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:07:39 AM
Interesting. Is this something that someone in your family taught you to do, or did you stumble across it accidentally?  Can you “enter this state” at will, or is it random?

I have seen a ghost once. Before I knew the person had died. It spoke to me. Still haunts me today over 30 years later.

You should talk about that experience with the ghost on a GabCast some time, Gravity. I'm sure we'd all dig to hear it!

GravitySucks

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 02:18:53 AM
You should talk about that experience with the ghost on a GabCast some time, Gravity. I'm sure we'd all dig to hear it!

I was going to once but chickened out because it was very personal and I still haven’t processed it all yet. One night there were a few people left in chat and I did go ahead and type it out and I had tears rolling down my face.

Kolchak

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:20:54 AM
I was going to once but chickened out because it was very personal and I still haven’t processed it all yet. One night there were a few people left in chat and I did go ahead and type it out and I had tears rolling down my face.

I'd appreciate hearing it, too. If the Gabcast resurgence continues, it'd be nice to have our own little "Ghost to Ghost."

GravitySucks

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:23:10 AM
I'd appreciate hearing it, too. If the Gabcast resurgence continues, it'd be nice to have our own little "Ghost to Ghost."

I can’t remember the date, but MV asks me about having a story to tell, and I bumblemumble something about changing my mind and as he chided me, Sredni came to my rescue and told a story instead. I probably still owe him for letting me off the hook.

AZZERAE

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:20:54 AM

Aww...I'm sorry to hear it was so upsetting. I've never experienced any sort of ghostly encounter myself, but I'd imagine its incredibly moving.

I get you though, I love MV's personality, and listening to him opine, talk and host. He does have a commanding presence however, and I suspect he's far more interested in politics than the paranormal.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 02:37:55 AM
Aww...I'm sorry to hear it was so upsetting. I've never experienced any sort of ghostly encounter myself, but I'd imagine its incredibly moving.

I get you though, I love MV's personality, and listening to him opine, talk and host. He does have a commanding presence however, and I suspect he's far more interested in politics than the paranormal.

I'd listen to him do a political roundtable. We could use a new Mclaughlin Group, Bellgab style. ;)

Rix Gins

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:07:39 AM

Yes, I can enter the 'state' at will, though certain conditions must be met, uppermost I must be free of stimulus, so no booze, weed, coffee or drugs.  But this still allows for a good five or six hours throughout a day or night, when the 'state' is obtainable. I use the word 'state' with apostrophes because it is really more than just a state, not like meditation or controlled breathing.  I think that it is a matter of blanking as much out of the mind as possible and then using the brain center as a camera and or a portal of sorts for entering into other dimensions.  Interesting to note, that I have used this so called 'state' to receive info not related to the spirit realm.  It's kind of fun to blank my mind out and see what I get.

No one taught me, it is just something I picked up through the years.  Interestingly, it has gotten easier, the older I get.  Like Chine said, it might be some sort of clairvoyant thing.  I don't know, I have never really researched it.  I have never documented any of my results, though once I helped a boss find some important papers that she had lost.

Your ghost experience is cool.  You saw it before you were aware of it's death.  Wow.  I saw my grandfather's ghost but it appeared to me a good day after I already knew that he had died.

AZZERAE

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 02:44:46 AM
I'd listen to him do a political roundtable. We could use a new Mclaughlin Group, Bellgab style. ;)

Yeah, that'd be fucking great!  :)

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Azzerae on April 19, 2018, 02:04:59 AM
He and I publish together.

Now its my turn to say I'm talentless...and I hate everyone elses work!

:)

See.. it feels good right? Haha

AZZERAE

Quote from: username on April 19, 2018, 02:46:36 AM
See.. it feels good right? Haha

Sure does. But no, I actually, genuinely feel that way.  :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 19, 2018, 02:45:20 AM
Yes, I can enter the 'state' at will, though certain conditions must be met, uppermost I must be free of stimulus, so no booze, weed, coffee or drugs.  But this still allows for a good five or six hours throughout a day or night, when the 'state' is obtainable. I use the word 'state' with apostrophes because it is really more than just a state, not like meditation or controlled breathing.  I think that it is a matter of blanking as much out of the mind as possible and then using the brain center as a camera and or a portal of sorts for entering into other dimensions.  Interesting to note, that I have used this so called 'state' to receive info not related to the spirit realm.  It's kind of fun to blank my mind out and see what I get.

No one taught me, it is just something I picked up through the years.  Interestingly, it has gotten easier, the older I get.  Like Chine said, it might be some sort of clairvoyant thing.  I don't know, I have never really researched it.  I have never documented any of my results, though once I helped a boss find some important papers that she had lost.

Your ghost experience is cool.  You saw it before you were aware of it's death.  Wow.  I saw my grandfather's ghost but it appeared to me a good day after I already knew that he had died.

Interesting. As much as I love weed I know that it suppresses dreaming and I always find that when I put it down for awhile my dreams will flood back and become very vivid. While I've never experienced the kind of trance state you're talking about I've often had the experience of meeting dead loved ones in my dreams. It's always very vivid and I'm always aware that they're dead in the dream. I'm never lost in some weird dream logic where I think they're still alive or something. I think a ghost discussion Gabcast would be cool. I remember shortly after I got here a bunch of us had a really great extended discussion of it late one night.

Rix Gins

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 19, 2018, 03:08:24 AM
Interesting. As much as I love weed I know that it suppresses dreaming and I always find that when I put it down for awhile my dreams will flood back and become very vivid. While I've never experienced the kind of trance state you're talking about I've often had the experience of meeting dead loved ones in my dreams. It's always very vivid and I'm always aware that they're dead in the dream. I'm never lost in some weird dream logic where I think they're still alive or something. I think a ghost discussion Gabcast would be cool. I remember shortly after I got here a bunch of us had a really great extended discussion of it late one night.

Now that is interesting Doc.  You seem to have a real gift of dreaming about your deceased loved ones and remembering the dream after you wake up.  I'm no expert but most people, I'm guessing, usually forget a good 90 percent of their dreams upon awakening, and when dreaming about the deceased, have trouble in hearing their dead relatives or friends, speak.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 19, 2018, 02:45:20 AM

I learned how to meditate back in 1976 or 1977 by getting trained in Transcendental Meditation (TM)

Between that and several years of intense Tae Kwan Do training I developed what I can only describe as limited psychic ability. Call it sixth sense or premonition or intuition but it was almost like a time shift. Certain things would come to me before they happened. Sometimes just a split second. Sometimes minutes. One time I was a passenger in a pickup truck and saw an accident that we were involved in at the next intersection. I grabbed the emergency brake and stopped the truck. My girlfriend that was driving freaked out. The accident happened exactly like I had seen it with a pickup truck without headlights getting t-bones by oncoming traffic and passing right in front of us just missing our front end and going across the sidewalk in front of us. That one still freaks me out when I think about it.

Its not something I can count on, but it makes me pay attention to any intuition I do get. Its not anywhere near as “active” as it was when I was younger.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 19, 2018, 02:32:00 AM
I can’t remember the date, but MV asks me about having a story to tell, and I bumblemumble something about changing my mind and as he chided me, Sredni came to my rescue and told a story instead. I probably still owe him for letting me off the hook.

That would have been late October 2016. I actually have two stories but I told the less personal one.

Jackstar

I've seen ghosts and spirits. It's real life.

GravitySucks

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 03:28:32 AM
That would have been late October 2016. I actually have two stories but I told the less personal one.

Were your ears ringing boy?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Rix Gins on April 19, 2018, 03:18:59 AM
Now that is interesting Doc.  You seem to have a real gift of dreaming about your deceased loved ones and remembering the dream after you wake up.  I'm no expert but most people, I'm guessing, usually forget a good 90 percent of their dreams upon awakening, and when dreaming about the deceased, have trouble in hearing their dead relatives or friends, speak.

You're right about the not speaking. It's rare. I've only had a couple dreams like that.

Hells Mole

I said it in the chat and I'll say it again here.

It seems to me that the gabcast is capturing the original C2C vibe more than any attempt at a successor to Art Bell has ever done and it's doing it completely unintentionally.  It's like it's organically morphing into the true spiritual successor.

The original C2C was more about (in my experience anyway) this mass of people feeling and thinking about things together and exploring those things.  Even though Art made everyone feel like he was there in the room with them being their pal or letting them in on all kinds of personal secrets he still managed to keep everyone glued together
as a gang in a way that nobody else can pull off.

Art might simply have been a lightning rod for something that needed to happen for whatever reason, and lightning may be attracted to the gabcast now which in a way is better because it's not entirely any one particular person.

Maybe a positive thing coming from the gut wrenching grief of Art's passing is the realization that we could all come together and explore the world, seen and unseen, in a constructive way even without one single guy leading the whole thing forward but as a satisfying and stronger group effort.

Seems like a lot of people have been slumped over and disillusioned after Art bailed on MITD as if we can't have that special thing without him but hey, maybe we can?

grano salis

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 19, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

It seems to me that the gabcast is capturing the original C2C vibe more than any attempt at a successor to Art Bell has ever done and it's doing it completely unintentionally.  It's like it's organically morphing into the true spiritual successor.

The original C2C was more about (in my experience anyway) this mass of people feeling and thinking about things together and exploring those things.  Even though Art made everyone feel like he was there in the room with them being their pal or letting them in on all kinds of personal secrets he still managed to keep everyone glued together

Art might simply have been a lightning rod for something that needed to happen for whatever reason, and lightning may be attracted to the gabcast now which in a way is better because it's not entirely any one particular person.

Maybe a positive thing coming from the gut wrenching grief of Art's passing is the realization that we could all come together and explore the world, seen and unseen, in a constructive way even without one single guy leading the whole thing forward but as a satisfying and stronger group effort.

Seems like a lot of people have been slumped over and disillusioned after Art bailed on MITD as if we can't have that special thing without him but hey, maybe we can?

yes!

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Hells Mole on April 19, 2018, 03:41:45 AM

Agreed, but people need to be prepared to have a go themselves. It seems that a lot of people have convinced themselves that they can't co-host so you end up with the same people. It's much more fun when we hear different voices and if people don't participate then it will just wither away again. I'm sure we all have people we want to hear. For instance, albrecht, I'd love to hear that lunatic co-host ('I know an Indian, dot not feather' FFS).

AZZERAE

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 19, 2018, 04:49:19 AM
Agreed, but people need to be prepared to have a go themselves. It seems that a lot of people have convinced themselves that they can't co-host so you end up with the same people. It's much more fun when we hear different voices and if people don't participate then it will just wither away again. I'm sure we all have people we want to hear. For instance, albrecht, I'd love to hear that lunatic co-host ('I know an Indian, dot not feather' FFS).

It would be cool to participate, but in my time zone, the show is usually live at 3 AM.

ItsOver

Quote from: Catsmile on April 18, 2018, 10:16:38 PM
# ItsOver and his oiled up gladiators
# In the closet so far he can see Narnia
# Repressed
# Not that there's anything wrong with that .GIF

K_Dubb

That voice
            which, nightly, kept awake
My younger self when, years ago
I dialed in the radio
And fiddled with the little wire
To catch the signal, sparking fire,
Through pops and fizzes in the night,
Until I finally got it right,
And, homed in on the glowing beam,
I'd hear the thumping, pulsing theme,

And that voice
              which frequently would take
Me to strange places in the dark,
Stoke curiosity's dim spark
With things I ne'er before had heard,
With thoughts both edgy and absurd,
With possibilities profound,
And, grandly marshaling them, the sound

Of that voice.
               It brought with it the chills
Of wint'ry stars o'er barren hills,
Of dusty winds and tumbleweed,
Of hope that long since went to seed.
A crusty, walled-off man, but one
Who, nonetheless, still sought the sun
Of friendship, but now o'er the air,
With people in the dark somewhere,
Who, if they threatened to ensnare,
Could be clicked off without a care.
Chance friend, beware! 

Of that voice.
It crackled with authority
An anchor on an old tv.
With urgency, it pled the case
That truth is found behind the face;
Despite the knowledge science bought,
Some unknown things are worth a thought.
Though oft it was, with chuckle wry,
He let you know he did not buy
Each fruity tale.  He did not quail,
But boldly squinted through the veil.
He meted out each careful word
While, underneath it all, you heard,
Eyes lifted from the mundane scene,
The pedal-tones of nicotine
In that voice.

The memory's an ache:
Nostalgia's introspective gloom --
It takes me back to that dark room
And taunts me with the boy i was,
While veiling in a rosy gauze
Youth's struggles grim.  I think of him
And what are these wet things that dim
The corners of my eyes?

I hear
Him telling me about that cat,
His warring with some bureaucrat,
Him rocked by dark, paternal grief,
His losses, hopes, his doubts, belief,
A showman, true, but it's the pall
Of sorrow, like confessional,
The kinds of things you tell a friend
That makes you care and, in the end,
It does endear.

As his eyes close
The world dissolves in static's noise,
While sorrows, cares and earthly joys,
Like distant stations, one by one,
Are fading, while one signal grows.
For everything that we hold dear
Is bound by the ionosphere;
But, maybe out behind the sun,
For him, one station comes in clear,
And now, he knows.

^^^^ Beautiful work k_dubb         Thank you.

(and nice to see you again)

Lord Grantham

Quote from: Kolchak on April 19, 2018, 02:23:10 AM

In true G2G fashion there have to be at least two way fake way over the top stories. Think killer with hook hand scratching at the door type stories.
-----
Lovely poem, btw. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on April 19, 2018, 06:39:28 AM
^^^^ Beautiful work k_dubb         Thank you.

(and nice to see you again)

Ditto! We all miss your memery too!