• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

grano salis

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 18, 2018, 07:56:01 AM
Looking forward to the C2C Art tribute since it will be about Art vs the Mitd Friday show which will more than likely be a "me and Art" type show.

definitely more interested in an Art centered program...

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Jambar on April 18, 2018, 01:59:36 AM
Punnett apologized on air once after challenging Quayle on his theories. I guess Quayle is used to everyone kissing his ass and just agreeing with him like GN does. I can’t listen to that screwball. I wouldn’t put him on to do the weather but C2C keeps having him. Couldn’t pay me to listen to his drivel.

Hear, hear.
It's a curious bubble Quayle exists in. Entranced by the sound of his own voice, ploughing along relentlessly, parenthesis in parenthesis in parenthesis, 'what's interesting, George, is that....', 'and the important thing about that is that...', on and on, self-important in a vacuum, nothing to say worth saying or hearing and saying it great length.
Joorch should conclude his every appearance on Coast by playing 'Sounds Of Silence' and not that wretched Metal cover he's so enamoured of.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 18, 2018, 07:56:01 AM
Looking forward to the C2C Art tribute since it will be about Art vs the Mitd Friday show which will more than likely be a "me and Art" type show.

I bet Joorch's show will somehow contrive to be a tribute to Joorch.

Will the whole tribute be pre-recorded so George can have an extra long weekend? Maybe a few calls from Corny or Joe Long Island-Bronx thrown in to make it seem live

expat

Noory: "How long have we got, Steve?"
Quayle: "Yadda yadda yadda [anything other than answering the question]"

ItsOver

Quote from: NoMoreNoory on April 18, 2018, 10:31:08 AM
I bet Joorch's show will somehow contrive to be a tribute to Joorch.
I'm sure we'll get a lot of "I wouldn't be as great as I am today without Art," at a minimum.

Quote from: Jambar on April 18, 2018, 01:59:36 AM
Punnett apologized on air once after challenging Quayle on his theories...

I think Ian had him come on to talk about a certain topic, but Quail wanted to do gloom and doom instead.  Ian said he didn't do those topics because they affected certain listeners negatively and he just wasn't having any of it.  And it went south from there.

I think Ian was filling in on a Friday, and then had his regularly scheduled Saturday and Sunday shows, where he apologized profusely both nights.  Almost certainly George Noory made him do so.  He had nothing to apologize for, other than letting that idiot get under his skin and blowing up.

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on April 18, 2018, 11:15:30 AM
Will the whole tribute be pre-recorded so George can have an extra long weekend?...

His ''tribute'' shows are embarrassing.  It's basically Tommee pulling a random tape from a show the guest was on out of the closet, setting it on 'play', and he and George ducking out early.

Is there any reason to believe they will they put more effort into this than they did the others?

AZZERAE

I was listening to Coast the night Noory announced Art's passing, and I must say I was pretty frosted when he said that he had access to all Art's classic shows which they use for "Somewhere in Time" Saturdays, in a closet in his house.

Did anyone else catch that? He's the fucking gatekeeper of gold ... and they keep running the same ones over and over. I wish they'd air a new one. Fucking Noory. He's scared of how brilliant Art's shows are, and that they outshine him even though they're not live and on every night like he is.

Ultimately, I guess the jokes on me...for devoting ANY TIME AT ALL - listening to Noory.

Juan

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 18, 2018, 01:47:23 PM
His ''tribute'' shows are embarrassing.  It's basically Tommee pulling a random tape from a show the guest was on out of the closet, setting it on 'play', and he and George ducking out early.

Is there any reason to believe they will they put more effort into this than they did the others?
sNoory himself is working on the tribute. Not Tommee.

Morgus

Probably time to try to guess who some of the surprise guests Noory will have on tomorrow night for his official Art Bell tribute show.
Friday night he already had on a few like Whitley Strieber and Ian Punnett...

I bet Noory will find some JC impersonator as well as play a few old clips of Art with JC.

GravitySucks

George Noory showed some real class by calling in to the Gabcast. 

I will try and give him a 72 hour pass. No negative posts.

#IMGonnaNeedATruss

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 18, 2018, 11:03:27 PM

#IMGonnaNeedATruss

albrecht

I'll Norry a biigg braaaps of he really honors Art and has RCH and SDM some live call in. The automated "this call is from a Federal Pentituary" and "i need funds for broken watch" would be classic!

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on April 18, 2018, 12:43:42 PM
I'm sure we'll get a lot of "I wouldn't be as great as I am today without Art," at a minimum.

The ultimate tribute to Art would be to celebrate his genius at recognizing George's talent.  It's kind of a self-reinforcing circle of greatness.

Quote from: Morgus on April 18, 2018, 06:46:34 PM

I bet Noory will find some JC impersonator as well as play a few old clips of Art with JC.

Oh, God...let`s hope not.

I would cringe when JC came on, and hope it ended quickly

the best part of any Coast show these days is a Sinatra song.

except that creepy Softly As I Leave You, the song that Jorch claims was a true story which it isn't. even Frank recorded some clunkers.

Operation Paper Clip, how many fucking guests has Coast had on about this - too many. I can go to Wikipedia and find out all I need to know. I'd rather hear some crackpot theory about Hitler's secret operation involving extra-terrestrials in Antartica.

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 19, 2018, 12:41:36 AM

except that creepy Softly As I Leave You, the song that Jorch claims was a true story which it isn't. even Frank recorded some clunkers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLD-XYQL5g

#IMGonnaNeedATruss

He is definitely no shrinking violet.  I give him props to but I'm skipping tonight.  Got work to do in the AM.

zeebo

I will try and give him a 72 hour pass. No negative posts. ....

Yeah I aggree, ok what the hell, I'll sign up for that. 

(Unless he really really screws up tomorrow nite.)

Quote from: zeebo on April 19, 2018, 12:56:41 AM

Well, he said he'd have Ed Dames on.  That's a Fail.

GravitySucks

Quote from: zeebo on April 19, 2018, 12:56:41 AM

Yep zeebs. That’s why I used the word “try”.

zeebo

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on April 19, 2018, 01:01:44 AM
Well, he said he'd have Ed Dames on.  That's a Fail.

Oh frig, well my being nice and all lasted about ten mins.

Quote from: 21st Century Man on April 19, 2018, 12:51:19 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szLD-XYQL5g

lol yeah that wasn't a good idea. i grew up watching the Mike Douglas Show after school and Mike was like Sinatra a big band singer just nowhere the unique talent but Mike would start his talk show with a song and he'd give rock and pop hits the Mike Douglas treatment, even as a 7 year old I'd goof on him and imitate him it was so ridiculous.

ItsOver

Quote from: Azzerae on April 18, 2018, 01:56:00 PM
I was listening to Coast the night Noory announced Art's passing, and I must say I was pretty frosted when he said that he had access to all Art's classic shows which they use for "Somewhere in Time" Saturdays, in a closet in his house.

Did anyone else catch that? He's the fucking gatekeeper of gold ... and they keep running the same ones over and over. I wish they'd air a new one. Fucking Noory. He's scared of how brilliant Art's shows are, and that they outshine him even though they're not live and on every night like he is.

Ultimately, I guess the jokes on me...for devoting ANY TIME AT ALL - listening to Noory.
MV confronted him last night on the GabCast about bringing forth ALL of Art's show for listeners.  Jorch said he'd look into it.  Hopefully, there'll be better luck with that than in getting Jorch to improve over the years.  MV even offered to assist in converting old shows onto digital format.  Jorch said he'd come back for a future GabCast to talk more about Art and to update about any further Bell show offerings.

MV asked Jorch to come on the GabCast earlier in the day, so I'll give Jorch props for stepping up and calling in last night and being a good sport.  What was funny was the GabCasters talking about him before he called in about being dumb on the radio.  When Jorch called in, they were asking how they could be sure it was him and he said something to the effect of "well, let me say something dumb."  ;D  Maybe you're not so good on the air, Jorch, but maybe you're not such a bad dude.  ;)

ItsOver

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on April 19, 2018, 12:41:36 AM

Here's a primo version of "Softly, As I Leave You," courtesy of Bobby Darin.  Darin blows Sinatra out of the water on some songs. 

http://youtu.be/Dy1d34IOySI

Here's a live version of Darin doing a heartbreaking version of "Once Upon a Time," where he's trying to catch his breath before he launches into the song.  Darin was on his last legs when he did this performance.  During the last few years of his life, he was often administered oxygen during and after his performances on stage and screen.  His health was failing due rheumatic fever in childhood and he knew his days were numbered.  He died shortly after heart surgery at the age of 37.

http://youtu.be/MYbAyukVpHM

Quote from: ItsOver on April 19, 2018, 05:02:44 AM
MV confronted him last night on the GabCast about bringing forth ALL of Art's show for listeners.  Jorch said he'd look into it.  Hopefully, there'll l be better luck with that than in getting Jorch to improve over the years.  MV even offered to assist in converting old shows onto digital format.  Jorch said he'd come back for a future GabCast to talk more about Art and to update about any further Bell show offerings.

MV asked Jorch to come on the GabCast earlier in the day, so I'll give Jorch props for stepping up and calling in last night and being a good sport.  What was funny was the GabCasters talking about him before he called in about being dumb on the radio.  When Jorch called in, they were asking how they could be sure it was him and he said something to the effect of "well let me say something dumb."  ;D  Maybe you're not so good on the air, Jorch, but maybe you're not such a bad dude.  ;)

He is slimy. Of course he is going to play nice. I could hear in his voice his thought process when MV asked him if there was a particular reason Art had so much anger towards him. George said someting like now is not the time. Keep in mind we will only be getting Noory's side of the story when inevitably Noory decides to tell his story. I have a feeling George is going to go with Art wanted his show back and Premier told him No. Art had previously said Premier asked him back numerous time and offered him any time slot he wanted.

ItsOver

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 19, 2018, 05:33:29 AM
He is slimy. Of course he is going to play nice. I could hear in his voice his thought process when MV asked him if there was a particular reason Art had so much anger towards him. George said someting like now is not the time. Keep in mind we will only be getting Noory's side of the story when inevitably Noory decides to tell his story. I have a feeling George is going to go with Art wanted his show back and Premier told him No. Art had previously said Premier asked him back numerous time and offered him any time slot he wanted.
Could be.  At times like these, I realize how petty the majority of things are in life and it's all a fleeting moment, anyway.  Enjoy the ride.