• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The NHL Thread

Started by GuerrillaUnReal, September 23, 2015, 04:18:41 AM

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on April 19, 2016, 11:06:10 PM
Great, then he can make youtube videos as the Guy from St. Louis.
No doubt.
I recorded the game, I'll watch it at 7am.

akwilly

The Flyers are +160. I think it is a good bet. I also like taking the over 5 goals at -110

ge30542

As if transgender bathrooms at Target ain't enough, now an NHL player gets SUSPENDED for saying "faggot"?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 20, 2016, 05:38:47 PM
As if transgender bathrooms at Target ain't enough, now an NHL player gets SUSPENDED for saying "faggot"?

If the Blues blow it now, we will know he was telling the truth.

albrecht

Hope he's gonna be ok, even though I dont like Flyers.

Quote from: ge30542 on April 20, 2016, 05:38:47 PM

Believe or not, I'm in agreement with the disciplinary response. They laid it on extremely heavily but there is a basis in the rule book for the suspension. Shaw acted like a moron but his biggest sin was being caught on camera. It's kind of bullshit as a Gay Pressure leaned on the NHL with this but really what choice did they have?

akwilly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 20, 2016, 05:53:38 PM
Believe or not, I'm in agreement with the disciplinary response. They laid it on extremely heavily but there is a basis in the rule book for the suspension. Shaw acted like a moron but his biggest sin was being caught on camera. It's kind of bullshit as a Gay Pressure leaned on the NHL with this but really what choice did they have?
why didn't he appeal the suspension?

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 20, 2016, 05:53:38 PM
Say "people still have the first amendment to say things that might be considered offensive and if the team or team owner wants to make a big deal about it they can do so as his employer." But the BLT, or whatever term they are using these days, population is less than 3% of the population (Obama's CDC government numbers) and what percentage of that already small population is watching hockey? They should've actually just done nothing and not even replied to the SJWs and said we only care about performance on the ice and forget politics and watch a game. Not everything needs to be about sex, deviance, or some social justice campaign.

albrecht

Quote from: trostol on April 20, 2016, 06:35:04 PM
http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2016/04/20/flyers-scott-laughton-taken-off-on-stretcher-after-hit-in-game-4/#.VxgchBHDlHc.twitter
As I mentioned I don't like Philly but hope he is ok. It wasn't much of a hit and more of an awkward fall, unfortunately into the bottom of the boards which aren't very forgiving.

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 06:36:51 PM
As I mentioned I don't like Philly but hope he is ok. It wasn't much of a hit and more of an awkward fall, unfortunately into the bottom of the boards which aren't very forgiving.
it didn't look that bad. Hopefully he just kinda got his bell rung

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 06:29:33 PM
Say "people still have the first amendment to say things that might be considered offensive and if the team or team owner wants to make a big deal about it they can do so as his employer." But the BLT, or whatever term they are using these days, population is less than 3% of the population (Obama's CDC government numbers) and what percentage of that already small population is watching hockey? They should've actually just done nothing and not even replied to the SJWs and said we only care about performance on the ice and forget politics and watch a game. Not everything needs to be about sex, deviance, or some social justice campaign.

Problem is the NHL is in the middle of a big Hurrah for the Gays campaign so they were basically between a rock and a hard place on this one.

By the way, I made the finals of the Champion of Champions league on Yahoo. Winner gets 40k.

'Sup Bitches.

akwilly

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 20, 2016, 06:54:18 PM
By the way, I made the finals of the Champion of Champions league on Yahoo. Winner gets 40k.

'Sup Bitches.
damn awesome!

Quote from: akwilly on April 20, 2016, 06:56:36 PM
damn awesome!

Thanks man.  ;D I'm shocked, I was the luckiest son of a bitch in my keeper league this year. Took the Presidents', Then miracle won the league, then killed it in the last three rounds of Champion of Champions. What's sick is 1st prize is 40 gs, 2nd is like 10 gs, 3rd is 5 gs and the then the top 100 makes $100. I'm hoping to at least pick up a Benjamin.

Taco Bell

Fuck the league and Gary "Gay Agenda" Bettman.

Up next, tell a guy he sucks or make fun of his looks and you're suspended because feelings.

trostol

Quote from: akwilly on April 20, 2016, 06:38:31 PM
it didn't look that bad. Hopefully he just kinda got his bell rung

being stretchered off and going to the hospital is a bit more then getting ones bell rung lol he was moving his legs at least and was trying to get up..so that was good..it was just an unfortunate accident really

albrecht

Quote from: VoteQuimby on April 20, 2016, 06:59:21 PM
Thanks man.  ;D I'm shocked, I was the luckiest son of a bitch in my keeper league this year. Took the Presidents', Then miracle won the league, then killed it in the last three rounds of Champion of Champions. What's sick is 1st prize is 40 gs, 2nd is like 10 gs, 3rd is 5 gs and the then the top 100 makes $100. I'm hoping to at least pick up a Benjamin.
Wow, that is friggin awesome! Good luck!

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 06:29:33 PM
Chances are, I'll get shit for this.
It's true, there have been times where the last words a gay man hears, as he's being beaten to death, are "FUCKIN FAGGOT!" This was not that. Context matters.
Although I hate words that end in "xual", for the record, I would be "labeled" bisexual.
The "gays" and the Left in general, DEMAND tolerance and acceptance, UNLESS your opinion/beliefs counter theirs.
At most, the Hawks could have released a "shame on him" statement. That would be sufficient IMO.
This PC BS has gone WAY too far. Am I wrong on this one?
Fire when ready.

akwilly

Quote from: ge30542 on April 20, 2016, 07:49:19 PM
It's true, there have been times where the last words a gay man hears, as he's being beaten to death, are "FUCKIN FAGGOT!" This was not that. Context matters.
Although I hate words that end in "xual", for the record, I would be "labeled" bisexual.
The "gays" and the Left in general, DEMAND tolerance and acceptance, UNLESS your opinion/beliefs counter theirs.
At most, the Hawks could have released a "shame on him" statement. That would be sufficient IMO.
Fire when ready.
I have beaten guys up and called them a faggot even though I knew they weren't gay. Shit gets said in heated competition. The hawks should have done nothing. I now read that shaw has to attend sensitivity trading. What a joke!

Taco Bell

Those demanding an apology should have been told to fuck off.
So tired of people looking for the next outrage du jour. These smug pricks want thier voice heard and only their voice heard and if you disagree then you're a terrible person and should be outed as some sort of bigot so everyone knows what kind of person you are. Its fucking sickening. Just because an individual disagrees with which ever agenda is being pushing doesn't make that person wrong.

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on April 20, 2016, 07:49:19 PM
Fire when ready.
You aren't wrong but totally correct. I would even bet that more heterosexual guys have been called fag or faggot than homosexual ones (if only due to number in the population.) Calling someone a name in a game, in jest, even in a fight, etc is not the same as attacking someone or "gay-bashing." It is a way to get under their skin, express frustration, or even joke around. Context matter- why blacks can sing about and call each other n*gger all day long but if some old white guy at a counter called a "youth" that there would be lawsuits and riots. It is all about context and the SJWs and Cultural Marxists expressly are using political correctness and lack-of-contextual awareness to stifle speech and free-thought and advance their agendas. Nothing, not even sports, can be about anything except advancing some political or sexual agenda.

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on April 20, 2016, 08:07:51 PM
I have beaten guys up and called them a faggot even though I knew they weren't gay. Shit gets said in heated competition. The hawks should have done nothing. I now read that shaw has to attend sensitivity trading. What a joke!
+1

ge30542

Quote from: Taco Bell on April 20, 2016, 08:12:41 PM
Those demanding an apology should have been told to fuck off.
So tired of people looking for the next outrage du jour. These smug pricks want thier voice heard and only their voice heard and if you disagree then you're a terrible person and should be outed as some sort of bigot so everyone knows what kind of person you are. Its fucking sickening. Just because an individual disagrees with which ever agenda is being pushing doesn't make that person wrong.
+1

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 20, 2016, 08:15:22 PM
You aren't wrong but totally correct. I would even bet that more heterosexual guys have been called fag or faggot than homosexual ones (if only due to number in the population.) Calling someone a name in a game, in jest, even in a fight, etc is not the same as attacking someone or "gay-bashing." It is a way to get under their skin, express frustration, or even joke around. Context matter- why blacks can sing about and call each other n*gger all day long but if some old white guy at a counter called a "youth" that there would be lawsuits and riots. It is all about context and the SJWs and Cultural Marxists expressly are using political correctness and lack-of-contextual awareness to stifle speech and free-thought and advance their agendas. Nothing, not even sports, can be about anything except advancing some political or sexual agenda.
+1

ge30542

For the record, (I'm all about the record), I wasn't saying Hawks SHOULD have issued a statement, I agree, they should have said nothing. If they felt compelled to address the  Gay Mafia,  something like ".....we don't condone etc. etc. etc., but we're focusing on Game 5". End.
Go Blues.
#FuckCoreyCrawford
#CrawfordisAfag

ge30542

And now, back to hockey. Shaw really did fuck up with that penalty. I could smell a goal, six attackers on the ice, tying the game with 8 seconds left.
What the fuck was Corey Crawford thinking, leaving the net, attacking Fabbri?
And how did CHI get a man advantage outta that?

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 20, 2016, 10:21:54 PM
And now, back to hockey. Shaw really did fuck up with that penalty. I could smell a goal, six attackers on the ice, tying the game with 8 seconds left.
What the fuck was Corey Crawford thinking, leaving the net, attacking Fabbri?
And how did CHI get a man advantage outta that?

Not a clue. And I was awestruck when I saw 7 people in the penalty box earlier in the game. I don't think I have ever seen that before.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 20, 2016, 10:24:22 PM
Not a clue. And I was awestruck when I saw 7 people in the penalty box earlier in the game. I don't think I have ever seen that before.
Old time hockey. Haha. People forget the days of bench-clearing brawls. Sorry my Caps didnt win but my Stars did.