• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are you listening to now?

Started by The Alcoholic, April 13, 2016, 09:36:00 AM

ksm32

To answer the question: I am actually listening to a Stern show from 02/12/08  Artie has called in sick :o

Quote from: ksm32 on February 24, 2019, 09:17:17 PM
To answer the question: I am actually listening to a Stern show from 02/12/08  Artie has called in sick :o

Ya.  Sick.    ::)

ksm32

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 24, 2019, 09:19:46 PM
Ya.  Sick.    ::)
;D Dear Sir who walks, I don't listen to the nasty parts, just the first hour jibber jabber. I swear! The mentally ill young women who ride the machine ETC do nothing for me, had enough of that kind of stuff back when my band toured as it slowly became pathetic and somewhat depressing. Strippers n such :-\

Quote from: ksm32 on February 24, 2019, 09:40:35 PM
;D Dear Sir who walks, I don't listen to the nasty parts, just the first hour jibber jabber. I swear! The mentally ill young women who ride the machine ETC do nothing for me, had enough of that kind of stuff back when my band toured as it slowly became pathetic and somewhat depressing. Strippers n such :-\

'Tis a problem.............

Robert

MV/Liberace!

I'm jammin' out to Dirk Diggler's You Got The Touch.  Some top-shelf shit.

Attached.

ItsOver

Dr. Forbes talking about tornado debris signatures.

MV/Liberace!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObG9bBJFcIM

Here's one of the comments on this video:

"I was 8 years old when this song came out. One day, while my Mom and I were sitting in our Gremlin in a bank drive-thru this song came on the radio. There were six lanes, everyone had their car windows down and playing this song. It was like a Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons concert. All four tellers were cashing checks and dancing to this song in unison. Such a great memory brought back. Thank you for posting this awesome video!"

Haha, that's quite a memory.  There's a lot to dissect in that comment, but the two things that jump out at me are 1) the former power of radio and 2) the fragmented nature of musical preference today.  Everybody's listening to something different.  There's almost zero shared experience now.