• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Chris

Started by Zenof, October 26, 2012, 11:46:44 PM

HAL 9000

Quote from: BobGrau on October 30, 2012, 04:26:20 PMI notice someone called 'gadget' has been posting similar pleas for sanity on Funklbaldy's guest book.

Outstanding work on your part. At first I thought it was a joke, but saw it with my own eyes - it is without question, Mr. Widget.

The General

Sumpthins goin on.  There are no coincidences.

ItsOver

Yep.  Could it be a portal?

Eddie Coyle

Could it be...

ziznak

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 30, 2012, 08:20:51 PM
Outstanding work on your part. At first I thought it was a joke, but saw it with my own eyes - it is without question, Mr. Widget.
Who?? i've posted a couple times on funky's latest c2c archive but I don't really see him jumping right out at me yet.... whats the name he posted under?

HAL 9000

Quote from: ziznak on October 30, 2012, 09:23:49 PMWho?? i've posted a couple times on funky's latest c2c archive but I don't really see him jumping right out at me yet.... whats the name he posted under?

See: http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3545.msg84767.html#msg84767

See also: http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/2394.html

ziznak

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 30, 2012, 10:03:53 PM
See: http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,3545.msg84767.html#msg84767

See also: http://funklobaldy.fatcow.com/2394.html
damn... of all the causes in the world to dedicate so much time to... clear channel's copyright is the most retarded thing to champion... why not support eddie coyles wwf... those pandas have to pay for all the chairs they destroy ya know?

Sardondi

I admire those who invest heavily in esoterica. Who below the age of 50 would recognize Angel on the Rockford Files but a major devotee of the esoteric? None but the guy I'm friends of, Eddie Coyle.

Pragmier

Quote from: Sardondi on October 31, 2012, 04:33:30 AM
I admire those who invest heavily in esoterica. Who below the age of 50 would recognize Angel on the Rockford Files but a major devotee of the esoteric? None but the guy I'm friends of, Eddie Coyle.

I can read his posts for hours. I mean c'mon, how do you reference both Albert Speer & Totie Fields?? That belongs in the Hall of Fame.

b_dubb

the Rockford Files has to be one of the all time great tv shows.  of all time. 

Sardondi

Quote from: b_dubb on October 31, 2012, 07:31:53 AM
the Rockford Files has to be one of the all time great tv shows.  of all time.

I remember seeing poor Jim Rockford, uh, I mean James Garner limp-running around on his horribly arthritic knees and it made me wince. And in Space Cowboys I wished they'd just gone ahead and given him a Rascal. Garner was a soldier in my F-in-law's company in Korea (as James Baumgarner), part of the the 5th Regiment, 24th Inf. Div., and was wounded, but not in the knees, so I guess it's just arthritis that troubled him so. My F-in-law remembered him as a smart soldier who was also a smart-ass, who was always working an angle. Sounds about right.

As good asThe Rockford Files was, I might have loved Maverick even more. Nah, RF scripts were better. But Garner practically invented the tongue-in-cheek style Western, which was half comedy, half action. Nobody better at it. He never took himself too seriously, never complained.   

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Sardondi on October 31, 2012, 04:33:30 AM

As someone who has PTSD every time I hear crickets, I do appreciate when somebody gets my references. Of course being the borderline Asperger's case that I am, I can usually be found wandering a street 1000 miles from home in a state of fugue, muttering to myself  "how can you not know who Stuart Margolin is, I mean everyone knows who Stuart Margolin is, right?

Just last night I got the "who/what" treatment for saying "I didn't know Robert Ridgely was in this?"...and my explanation only dug a deeper hole as I mentioned long forgotten movies . Finally I said.."The Colonel from Boogie Nights"...and a scintilla of recognition followed. Or she was trying to get me to stop and just finally said "oh yeah, him"

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Pragmier on October 31, 2012, 05:59:01 AM
I can read his posts for hours. I mean c'mon, how do you reference both Albert Speer & Totie Fields?? That belongs in the Hall of Fame.
I think reading my posts for hours could be perfect punishment just before being proscribed from here. Ultimate deterrent! Widget would hang himself quicker than Ulrike Meinhof.

I'm a man of letters, like OCD, ADD...

BobGrau

Rockford reminds me of skiving school in the early nineties... other afternoon treats included Murder She Wrote, Quincy, Ironside... lot of 70s murder stuff at that time of day for some reason.

HAL 9000

b_dubb

Quote from: Sardondi on October 31, 2012, 09:06:12 AM
I remember seeing poor Jim Rockford, uh, I mean James Garner ...

Nobody better at it. He never took himself too seriously, never complained.

James Garner also did his own stunt driving

Sardondi

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 31, 2012, 09:34:09 AM
Well, lookie-here; we got ourselves a new member:

http://coastgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2658

But only MV knows what that address is...

McPhallus

Quote from: HAL 9000 on October 31, 2012, 09:34:09 AM
Well, lookie-here; we got ourselves a new member:

http://coastgab.com/index.php?action=profile;u=2658

I was hoping it to be Mr. Garner, but a glance at the username suggests otherwise.  Oh well.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Sardondi on October 31, 2012, 10:47:05 AM
But only MV knows what that address is...

the ip address hasn't been used by any other member, but that basically means shit.

Quote from: MV on November 01, 2012, 12:46:49 PM

the ip address hasn't been used by any other member, but that basically means shit.

Logging in from the public library...

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on November 01, 2012, 01:50:50 PM
Logging in from the public library...
I had my money on rec room at a nuthouse.

benriley

so... mercury vortexs?