• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Podcast Not Included

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 07:09:49 AM

starrmtn001

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 06, 2016, 11:35:59 AM

It might be live (a few formats there) or a recorded character thing similar to the Goon Show..we'll see.. Anyone want to be our producer? Ahem...
Are you serious?  I don't want to get my hopes just to have them dashed on the rocks.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 06, 2016, 12:43:20 PM
How about something everyone can agree on?

"London Bridge - From the Great American Southwest"

Ha! I finally figured out what you did there--nice one!

cosmic hobo

Quote from: starrmtn001 on January 06, 2016, 08:49:08 PM
Are you serious?  I don't want to get my hopes just to have them dashed on the rocks.

Are you kidding? Yorkshire Pud wouldn't open himself up to public scrutiny or ridicule like he heaps on others.

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 06, 2016, 11:41:06 AM
What does a producer do?
Ask Snotty MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm-Kay
;)        ;D   lol

Ooops sorry, He's an 'Executive Producer'  Eh  Hem 

*cough sputter Pha-tooey*

GravitySucks

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on January 06, 2016, 10:16:52 PM
Ask Snotty MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmm-Kay
;)        ;D   lol

Ooops sorry, He's an 'Executive Producer'  Eh  Hem 

*cough sputter Pha-tooey*

Not anymore.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 06, 2016, 09:07:13 PM
Are you kidding? Yorkshire Pud wouldn't open himself up to public scrutiny or ridicule like he heaps on others.

What has doing a poscast got to do with putting anyone open to public scrutiny? I have no idea if what when or how it will go ahead, so to pre-empt any format now is very kind of you but premature. Thanks.  :)

pyewacket

YP and SV doing a podcast for us? Definitely looking forward to this and I hope you both have a good time with it.  :)

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:14:38 AM
What has doing a poscast got to do with putting anyone open to public scrutiny? I have no idea if what when or how it will go ahead, so to pre-empt any format now is very kind of you but premature. Thanks.  :)

Simply when you put your product out to the public you'll be open to critiques which may or may not be positive. Given your and your "mates" history of goading people to piss them off you might not get favorable reviews. You've both got thick skins so you should be fine. Best of luck. Make sure Falkie doesn't catch wind of this.

Jackstar

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 07, 2016, 06:03:54 AM
Simply when you put your product out to the public you'll be open to critiques which may or may not be positive. Given your and your "mates" history of goading people to piss them off you might not get favorable reviews. You've both got thick skins so you should be fine. Best of luck. Make sure Falkie doesn't catch wind of this.

... you think they're going to get reviews??

cosmic hobo

Quote from: Jackstar on January 07, 2016, 06:05:56 AM
... you think they're going to get reviews??

Everyone on bell gab is a critic and can do it better.

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 07, 2016, 06:09:05 AM
Everyone on bell gab is a critic and can do it better.

You've noticed that too?

WhiteCrow

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 06, 2016, 11:25:28 AM
The whole enterprise lacked conviction. I think it was a mistake  to abandon the working title - 'Fuck You, MV!' - and also the ten minute section at the end where they discussed all the various ways in which MV sucks donkey balls.

Now you be a talk'in.. I'd volunteer to do that ten minute segment about the evils of MV.  He is after all,  the reason 'why' Art quit.

Praise MV. Fuck MV

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: cosmic hobo on January 07, 2016, 06:03:54 AM

Okay from the start, it was something I typed on here yesterday. Neither SV, IB or anyone else has pm'd me and said they'd like to do it. It was me thinking out loud when I made the suggestion. I haven't done it before, so I've no idea how I would sound or there'd be lots of dead air.

As for product? It would be two or three people chewing the fat and discussing (perhaps) whatever they'd decided beforehand they wanted to discuss. It might be the quality of modern cars, the merits of various sports, driving, films that have had a profound effect on us...anything. I for one would be grateful if one person enjoyed it; if not, well hey, it's a self indulgent chat that someone might listen to, if they don't like it, they can turn it off, simple. Neither SV or myself take ourselves too seriously, and nearly everything we say is tongue in cheek.

That leaves the actual technical means; I've no idea how to do it. I don't know if we'd have a call in facility; maybe SV would (that's if he wants to even do it) after it became a regular thing. If Falkie called in, I doubt we'd get a word in edgeways, so any questioning on our part would be lost to him.  :)

GravitySucks

Quote from: pyewacket on January 07, 2016, 01:17:01 AM
YP and SV doing a podcast for us? Definitely looking forward to this and I hope you both have a good time with it.  :)

Yep, it's called "The Redcoats Are Cumming; One if by hand, Two if by mouth"

It should be quite good actually.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 08:57:46 AM

Hah! Brilliant!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 08:57:46 AM

I don't understand that; I'm an innocent chap you see..

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 09:31:49 AM

I don't understand that; I'm an innocent chap you see..

Just get a couple of those pope hat thingys. Anticipation is building in the colonies.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 09:36:59 AM
Just get a couple of those pope hat thingys. Anticipation is building in the colonies.

Antici...

b_dubb

Quote from: BobGrau on January 05, 2016, 07:30:42 AM
I think quitting the forum because it's currently full of assholes simply reinforces the asshole majority.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: BobGrau on January 05, 2016, 07:30:42 AM
I think quitting the forum because it's currently full of assholes simply reinforces the asshole majority.

Unless you are already an asshole, who doesn't like it because a different variety, or sub-species, of asshole is stopping you being your own brand of asshole. In that case I think you are decreasing the asshole majority, and I am all in favour of it.

In summary, what we should all take away from this valuable lesson is this: b_dubb's an asshole.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on January 07, 2016, 10:54:25 AM
Unless you are already an asshole, who doesn't like it because a different variety, or sub-species, of asshole is stopping you being your own brand of asshole. In that case I think you are decreasing the asshole majority, and I am all in favour of it.

In summary, what we should all take away from this valuable lesson is this: b_dubb's an asshole.

Hmmm, where do we fit in with the assholedom? Note I said we. Our fan expects.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 11:28:47 AM

There are the occasional assholes, but you and SV are not 2 of them.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on January 07, 2016, 11:31:57 AM
There are the occasional assholes, but you and SV are not 2 of them.

I was really hoping BellBoy would have shown up before you started groveling at their feet.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 11:28:47 AM
You two are only minor assholes.  Hardly offensive and able to be viewed for short periods before inducing temporary blindness.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: whoozit on January 07, 2016, 11:47:09 AM
You two are only minor assholes.  Hardly offensive and able to be viewed for short periods before inducing temporary blindness.

They turned me into a newt.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on January 07, 2016, 11:47:09 AM

We have been known to curdle milk due to a long stare and although he doesn't like being reminded, SV once barked at a horse while dressed in his favourite rabbit costume and got himself arrested for sheep worrying. No, even the judge couldn't work that out.