• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Podcast Not Included

Started by jazmunda, October 26, 2015, 07:09:49 AM

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 07, 2016, 11:49:11 AM
They turned me into a newt.

I have a remedy for that. Are you still able to talk coherently?  If so, that might present a dilemma. As a rocket scientist, I think having a talking newt in my pocket would be pretty cool.

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 11:57:53 AM
I have a remedy for that. Are you still able to talk coherently?  If so, that might present a dilemma. As a rocket scientist, I think having a talking newt in my pocket would be pretty cool.

albrecht

As a non-rocket scientist I think it would be annoying have that little guy trying to sell me insurance all day long. It is bad enough watching him on tv during a game- but in your pocket! I'd go crazy.

ps: YP, good news. My internet news just told me that according to some British group (probably swine producers) black-pudding is a "super food!"

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 12:00:51 PM
As a non-rocket scientist I think it would be annoying have that little guy trying to sell me insurance all day long.

;D

That little cockney bastid!

Yorkshire pud

As a non-rocket scientist I think it would be annoying have that little guy trying to sell me insurance all day long. It is bad enough watching him on tv during a game- but in your pocket! I'd go crazy.

ps: YP, good news. My internet news just told me that according to some British group (probably swine producers) black-pudding is a "super food!"

You need to change your news provider. Black pudding is the devils work. Disgusting.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:09:15 PM
You need to change your news provider. Black pudding is the devils work. Disgusting.
You are crazy! It is great stuff and now I'm vindicated! Super-Food!! (I'm not even British but love it. Can't buy here in the market though- I think our food inspection department standards or something.)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/12084725/Black-pudding-hailed-as-a-superfood.html

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:09:15 PM
Black pudding is the devils work. Disgusting.

I thought "black pudding" is what you islanders call the discharge from a spotted dick when it bubbles and squeaks. 

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 07, 2016, 12:14:43 PM
I thought "black pudding" is what you islanders call the discharge from a spotted dick when it bubbles and squeaks.

That's supposed to be funny eh? Have you filled in the application yet to be Best Boy on the show we might not be having?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 12:13:31 PM
You are crazy! It is great stuff and now I'm vindicated! Super-Food!! (I'm not even British but love it. Can't buy here in the market though- I think our food inspection department standards or something.)
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/health/12084725/Black-pudding-hailed-as-a-superfood.html

Pah! You'll be a Lancastrian by proxy. That's nearly as bad as being a southerner.

Roswells, Art

Just like Jimmy and his magic flute. It will be great!

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:18:09 PM
That's supposed to be funny eh? Have you filled in the application yet to be Best Boy on the show we might not be having?

So you and SV can take turns being the key grip?  No thank you. I want no part of the sort of loathsome entertainments with which you pasty, clammy fellows amused yourselves during your public school days.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on January 07, 2016, 12:32:36 PM
So you and SV can take turns being the key grip?  No thank you. I want no part of the sort of loathsome entertainments with which you pasty, clammy fellows amused yourselves during your public school days.

You forgot sordid. It was very very sordid.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:20:36 PM
Pah! You'll be a Lancastrian by proxy. That's nearly as bad as being a southerner.
I thought y'all got over that stuff when Henry married Elizabeth? Speaking of which, wouldn't it be interesting if we still settled political stuff and wars by convenient, or inconvenient, marriages? One of the Bush gals marrying some swarthy son of Sadaam, for example. Obama's eldest married off to Putin and the Ukraine becoming a part of Amerikrainia in exchange?

GravitySucks

Generally speaking, no newts is good newts, but I miss my frog.

I was walking across the Campus at Johnson Space Center early in my career. I heard a small voice coming from one of the ponds.

"Help me dear sir!"  Imagine my astonishment when all I could find was this average looking frog motioning to me.

"My dear sir. excuse me... I am really a beautiful princess. Some evil witch has turned me into a frog and I have somehow ended up here.  If you were to just grant me one kiss, I would freed from this curse. I am an heir to royalty, and I really am quite beautiful." 

I shook my head and started to walk away.

"Sir, I beg of you. Please pick me up and see the honesty in my eyes. If you kiss me, I will become a beautiful princess. And I promise I will be your princess."

I picked up the frog, took out my plastic pocket protector and placed her in my shirt pocket and started off to my meeting.

"Oh, thank you my Lord. Take me inside, because when I transform, I would be quite naked. Thank you for not embarrassing me."

After my meeting, I started home. The frog princess kept asking me to kiss her. It took me quite awhile to explain to her the whole situation. As a rocket scientist I didn't have time for a girlfriend, but I thought having a talking frog was kind of cool.

I miss the hoppy wench. I think she took off one day with the cable guy.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 12:35:50 PM
I thought y'all got over that stuff when Henry married Elizabeth? Speaking of which, wouldn't it be interesting if we still settled political stuff and wars by convenient, or inconvenient, marriages? One of the Bush gals marrying some swarthy son of Sadaam, for example. Obama's eldest married off to Putin and the Ukraine becoming a part of Amerikrainia in exchange?

I've stayed at the hotel that overlooks the last battlefield that decided the war of the Roses...Yorkshire came second. Bastard. But don't try and deflect from black pudding being vile.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 12:38:52 PM
Generally speaking, no newts is good newts, but I miss my frog.

I was walking across the Campus at Johnson Space Center early in my career. I heard a small voice coming from one of the ponds.

"Help me dear sir!"  Imagine my astonishment when all I could find was this average looking frog motioning to me.

"My dear sir. excuse me... I am really a beautiful princess. Some evil witch has turned me into a frog and I have somehow ended up here.  If you were to just grant me one kiss, I would freed from this curse. I am an heir to royalty, and I really am quite beautiful." 

I shook my head and started to walk away.

"Sir, I beg of you. Please pick me up and see the honesty in my eyes. If you kiss me, I will become a beautiful princess. And I promise I will be your princess."

I picked up the frog, took out my plastic pocket protector and placed her in my shirt pocket and started off to my meeting.

"Oh, thank you my Lord. Take me inside, because when I transform, I would be quite naked. Thank you for not embarrassing me."

After my meeting, I started home. The frog princess kept asking me to kiss her. It took me quite awhile to explain to her the whole situation. As a rocket scientist I didn't have time for a girlfriend, but I thought having a talking frog was kind of cool.

Is that REALLY true?

GravitySucks

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:40:53 PM

Is that REALLY true?

Well I said I THINK she ran off with the cable guy. I don't want to be pursued for slander.

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on January 07, 2016, 12:38:52 PM

haha.
Art always like Newt back in the day by the way. What a strange name for a person.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:35:45 PM

You forgot sordid. It was very very sordid.

I didn't forget, though every waking moment I wish I could with every fiber of my being.  Some things just can't be unseen.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on January 07, 2016, 12:39:32 PM
I've stayed at the hotel that overlooks the last battlefield that decided the war of the Roses...Yorkshire came second. Bastard. But don't try and deflect from black pudding being vile.
It is not! And it is, apparently, good for you. Super-food! I need to get on the groundfloor of exporting this super-food to America. Care to invest early in my company? I need to figure out:
1) another name for the product that is more marketable "black pudding" will deceive the public (here we think of pudding being a sweet dessert) and/or marginalize it with other racial/ethnic groups.
2) find out a way to hide the ingredients and method of production ("trade secrets" maybe?)

Roswells, Art

The difficult part in making black pudding is acquiring the fresh pig's blood without getting locked up.

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 12:47:40 PM
I need to figure out:
1) another name for the product that is more marketable "black pudding" will deceive the public (here we think of pudding being a sweet dessert)

How about Cream of That Character Obama? 

I kid.  ;)

GravitySucks

Quote from: Roswells, Art on January 07, 2016, 12:51:33 PM
The difficult part in making black pudding is acquiring the fresh pig's blood without getting locked up.

Yeah, it's not like you can just run down to the nearest halal meat market and ask.

albrecht

All goods points being made. Look for details on my kickstarter campaign.   ;) Let's face it fad diets and super-food have gotten people to eat worse or do worse stuff. At least this stuff is tasty (despite what some sore-losers say.)

GravitySucks

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 01:03:27 PM
All goods points being made. Look for details on my kickstarter campaign.   ;) Let's face it fad diets and super-food have gotten people to eat worse or do worse stuff. At least this stuff is tasty (despite what some sore-losers say.)

You should dehydrate it, put it in capsule form and you're in like flint.

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2016, 12:13:31 PM

The black pudding I've had was pretty tasteless but Bavarian Meats at Pike Place Market sells a great blood sausage.  They're nice on their own but I love making hash with them.  The spicing is very old-world.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on January 07, 2016, 01:10:56 PM
The black pudding I've had was pretty tasteless but Bavarian Meats at Pike Place Market sells a great blood sausage.  They're nice on their own but I love making hash with them.  The spicing is very old-world.
Yeah, I've enjoyed blutwurst also in Germany. I like with some onion and pickles with some Altbier!