• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Sgt Bergdahl comes home (finally)

Started by pate, June 01, 2014, 06:24:49 AM

paladin1991

Quote from: b_dubb on June 03, 2014, 04:36:08 PM
I wonder if he'll be charged with treason and put to death. Wouldn't that be something? 

Part of me wonders if they inserted some kind of tracking device in the detainees and at some point we'll hear about a drone/cruise missile strike.
Shhhhhh!  It'll be like  a kiss in the dark, it will.   

Jackstar

I wonder if he'll be charged with treason and put to death. Wouldn't that be something?
SEEN IT

... to be making crass jokes about, for the next fifty years? Well, yeah--I guess. Maybe only for the next twenty years--in this story, no American children are dead yet, just American soldiers and Afghan children, but there's still time for a daycare to be blown up and some bearded relative in Idaho to be blamed. Time will tell.

QuotePart of me wonders if they inserted some kind of tracking device in the detainees and at some point we'll hear about a drone/cruise missile strike.

Is that The Specific Part of you that read The General's post? =D

albrecht

Part of me wonders if they inserted some kind of tracking device in the detainees and at some point we'll hear about a drone/cruise missile strike.
Personally, I was thinking for a radioactive isotope or clever biological weapon (with a burn-rate of such that it doesn't spread worldwide) injected or given with food/water which would also take out by proximity all they come in contact with- thus eliminating the whole clan of terrorists and criminals once they return home.

VtaGeezer

Good news and bad news:
The good news is that Obama has finally found a way to get the right to shut up about Benghazi. 
The bad news is that in a month, Obama will wish they'd get back to blathering about Benghazi.

DocHolliday

Quote from: paladin1991 on June 03, 2014, 04:30:30 PM
So.  Are you alleging 6 counts of murder?

Not at all.  Simply in mourning for six soldiers who died for trying to find someone who walked off his post.

Quick Karl

Quote from: DocHolliday on June 03, 2014, 10:14:07 PM
Uhm, the Pentagon confirmed it..

IF, you believe what you hear the Pentagon say... No disrespect but, they are part of the problem in this country. I know there are lots of decent little people in the Mil but, those monsters running the Pentagon, aren't like normal average people. More like homicidal maniac psychopaths, just like everywhere else in Washington...

One of the things I have noticed since the end of the Vietnam war is, the Military Machine didn't change, but boy their marketing and PR strategies sure did! The only upside is that at least now, people aren't spitting on our vets when they return from a tour of duty.

Jackstar

Are you both really that inexpressibly naive? They confirmed the fucking Gulf of Tonkin too, now didn't they?

don't even get me started

albrecht

Bergdahl's hometown of Hailey, Idaho has cancelled the "welcome home" event.
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-27707791

Jackstar

What happened to the "ambushed while lollygagged on patrol" story?

Airstrip One has never been at war with Eastasia! Always at war with Eurasia! Nyah nyah nyah!

DocHolliday

Quote from: Jackstar on June 04, 2014, 05:19:57 PM
What happened to the "ambushed while lollygagged on patrol" story?

Airstrip One has never been at war with Eastasia! Always at war with Eurasia! Nyah nyah nyah!

Bergdahl himself said he was lagging behind on a patrol and got captured by the Taliban, in a Taliban released video.

Unfortunately there is absolutely no evidence supporting the fact that Bergdahl was on an actual patrol (ie. moving), nor was he lagging behind anywhere.

kf5iwe

That turd deserted his post in a time of war. Time for the UCMJ

Jackstar

Quote from: DocHolliday on June 04, 2014, 05:32:44 PM
Bergdahl himself said he was lagging behind on a patrol and got captured by the Taliban, in a Taliban released video.

Okay. Let me guess. The testimony of everyone else on the patrol... classified? Tell me that it is classified.

QuoteUnfortunately there is absolutely no evidence supporting the fact that Bergdahl was on an actual patrol (ie. moving), nor was he lagging behind anywhere.

You're contradicting yourself: false evidence is, in fact, evidence. Sure, sure, it's evidence of something else, but perhaps you're forgetting that I am looking at the larger picture here. We've been over the fact that this guy was born on The Day of Empowered Innocence, right?

Hey, what day is your birthday?

Look, look, I get it: you believe what you have been told. I respect your right to believe that. I even respect your right to say that what you were told happened, is what happened. Can you respect my right to point out that you are saying that what you were told has happened is what happened? Because we can probably have a lot of fun cha-cha-ing around on this one for a few weeks, if so.

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on June 04, 2014, 06:53:38 PM
Look, look, I get it: you believe what you have been told. I respect your right to believe that. I even respect your right to say that what you were told happened, is what happened. Can you respect my right to point out that you are saying that what you were told has happened is what happened? Because we can probably have a lot of fun cha-cha-ing around on this one for a few weeks, if so.

But, everyone knows that only Republican administrations lie, so, it HAS to be true if it is coming from a source that is in any way connected to this administration. And besides, it was in the Newspapers too, and they never lie...

Jackstar

Also, at some point, I really should be clear on this: if he really did just take it upon himself to walk off base, that is, in fact, desertion, and is, in fact, light treason.

Can we shoot him at dawn for that? Does he still get a cigarette? Anyway, whatever, what a total distraction, can we also talk about the important stuff too? I mean don't get me wrong, I am all for shooting and smoking and treason too!

Jackstar

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 04, 2014, 07:10:13 PM
But, everyone knows that only Republican administrations lie, so, it HAS to be true if it is coming from a source that is in any way connected to this administration. And besides, it was in the Newspapers too, and they never lie...

SARCASMOTRONFABULATOR ASSPLODE

Quick Karl

I could be wrong but, something tells me this one is going to splash-back in Obama's face, a lil more than he might have expected, presuming he was, in fact, smart enough to expect it, which is doubtful.

It is possible that some of his sycophants are even starting to stir from their long slumbers...

Jackstar

Are you, like, aping me, like, on purpose, intentionally, kinda?

Quick Karl

Quote from: Jackstar on June 04, 2014, 07:12:57 PM
SARCASMOTRONFABULATOR ASSPLODE

I was being totally rational and intellectual even...

Jackstar

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 04, 2014, 07:16:42 PM
I was being totally rational and intellectual even...

Now I know your tell. We can play Hold 'Em now.

Jackstar

Note the subtle wording in the following article: Unit Comrade: Bergdahl Was ‘That One Guy That Wanted To Disappear’

First of all, there isn't just "that one guy" in Afghanistan who wants to disappear. Second of all... "Comrade"? Really? FUCKING REALLY?

Meanwhile... in reality... Department of Defense: 2009 Bowe Bergdahl review is classified

QuoteDefense Department spokesman Col. Steve Warren said he would not detail the conclusions the Army reached in its first look into what became of Bergdahl, who was returned to American special operators over the weekend after five years as a Taliban prisoner.

Warren said the Pentagon has no plans to release the secret Bergdahl investigation and reporters would have to try to get it under the Freedom of Information Act.

On the record, The Much Vaunted Pentagon says to The Press, "Good Luck, Suckas!" Elsewhen, Comrade "Unit" sez, "He was 'That Guy!'"

I have said it before. I am likely to say it again: how can You People be so inexpressibly naive? It's amazing how if there's an illegal copy of Harry Potter, The Man can get that shit on lockdown from fucking orbit, but if there's some mouthy ranger spouting off about the subject of a classified investigation, well, shucky darn! They just can't keep that off the fuckin' front page of every Got-damn media outlet across the fer-Chrissake's globe!

TOTAL ENIGMACLAUST

Jackstar

Hey, thanks for letting me vent. Have you noticed? I work blue.

So, here's a story I heard. I heard that Bergdahl went to his CO, and said, "I wanna leave!" and the CO said, "Sure, just leave your gear." And Bergdahl did an about face, left his gear, and left.

Now, assuming that were true, and further assuming, that Bergdahl actually believed that he had been given actual permission... did he commit desertion?

This is a serious, hypothetical question that I am putting out here. Look, look... obviously, I know, you or I or any other reasonable person would know that the CO would have been giving a sarcastic answer. Pretending to be incognizant of sarcasm in order to abandon one's post would be absolutely no excuse.

But still... I have said it before, and I will say it again: he was born on The Day of Empowered Innocence.

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 04, 2014, 07:10:13 PM
Wait, I'm confused now.  You mean he wasn't out on a mission to hand out New Testaments and paper daises? He was on a combat patrol?  Or was it an early morning stroll? I can't keep track of it all. 

paladin1991

Quote from: Quick Karl on June 04, 2014, 07:14:26 PM
I could be wrong but, something tells me this one is going to splash-back in Obama's face, a lil more than he might have expected, presuming he was, in fact, smart enough to expect it, which is doubtful.

It is possible that some of his sycophants are even starting to stir from their long slumbers...
I'm pretty sure the big O doesn't do the face splash.

b_dubb

It looks like Sgt Berg has been awol prior to the event that led to his capture.  The guy looks increasingly shit to me.

albrecht

Quote from: b_dubb on June 05, 2014, 12:15:48 PM
It looks like Sgt Berg has been awol prior to the event that led to his capture.  The guy looks increasingly shit to me.
Obama is pressing for only an AWOL, which is a lesser charge than a deserter. I think that is why the new "narrative" is (note the government even calls their explanations stories- narrative) that he might have been AWOL because he might have been even worse (outright deserter or even a traitor that wanted to join, and maybe help, the other side.)

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Jackstar on June 02, 2014, 04:11:11 AM
What's he going to do, spill the beans on the use of depleted uranium? *yawn*

On the back pages by Thursday, replaced by news of new Brainghazi intel. Have they picked a new WH press shill yet? I will miss Jay Carney.

Still top news and growing. The real nightmare still hasn't hit; it's inevitable that this guy will talk to the media. You should pay more attention to my predictions of the future. I'll have you know that I've listened to parts of several C2C Ed Dames interviews and feel I'm fully qualified as a remote viewer from it. 

paladin1991

Well, then SFA, can you remote view some winning numbers for me in the next pwr ball draw?