• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150907 – Daivd Paulides - Strange Disappearances - Live Chat Thread

Started by AppealPlay, September 07, 2015, 10:00:46 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: TheMan WhoFell ToEarth on September 07, 2015, 11:15:28 PM
The Outback is probably ten times more batshit than anything happening in our national parks.

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on September 07, 2015, 11:15:56 PM
Yes.  Probably lots of cases from the Outback.  Be careful!

I'm nowhere near the Outback. My camping places are no different to your national parks. Just with more deadlier snakes.

EvB

Juan Cena

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on September 07, 2015, 11:07:19 PM
I did read what you posted.  You called him a fraud.  That's a heavy accusation.

You're not alone.  A lot of people have dumped on this guy.  I happen to think you're wrong.  Most of the people who talk negatively about him haven't even read any of his books.

What I find interesting is the people like you who have negative comments to make about this guy don't have anything to say about the park service stone walling all of his investigations.  And why don't they keep a list of missing people in their parks?  You've got nothing to say about that?

Paulides has chosen his methodology to deal with this issue, and he's made that clear.  He researches the cases, writes his books, does his interviews and makes his documentaries.  He's getting the word out.  And he can sleep at night.

Tired of the morons with stupid comments about this guy.  He's the real deal.  Deal with it.

What he hasn't done is go to the people who hold the NPS' purse strings to either demand answers or to require the NPS to keep track of these cases. That's what I believe a person who was truly concerned about this to do, and ask others to do the same thing.

What he does instead is write books and goes on talk shows and launch Kickstarters to make movies and milk the story for all it's worth.

Gassy Man

Good show tonight.  Paulides needs to stop with the "so" thing, but it's an engaging conversation.

Robert

Maybe lots of people see these staircases & think them unremarkable.  I probably would if I encountered one.  A staircase?  Must've been installed by either the Park Service or some do-it-yourselfer who just wanted an easier way up a steep slope.  What's so strange about that?  City parks often have staircases, so why not country parks too?

WOTR

Quote from: Gassy Man on September 07, 2015, 11:15:14 PM
A lot of people commit suicide in parks.  I know someone who is a public affairs officer at a large state park, and they have several suicides a month.  People go there because they can be alone, but at the same time, they expect to be found eventually.  That's what makes them popular for suicides.
I'm sure it has been posted here in the past... But there is always the Japanese  forest of death to make people disappear in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDSdg09df8

Lilith

Quote from: littlechris on September 07, 2015, 11:17:09 PM
I grew up in Arcadia, I got lost at the Arboretum one time, tatoo found me so all was good. lol  ;)

littlechris!  ;D

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: EvB on September 07, 2015, 11:19:02 PM
have they mentioned stairs?  I know someone here mentioned them. Can you say more?

Check my reply Reply #327

Quote from: jazmunda on September 07, 2015, 11:18:28 PM
I'm nowhere near the Outback. My camping places are no different to your national parks. Just with more deadlier snakes.

If you went to the Outback maybe you could come up with some Yowie stories.

Quote from: trostol on September 07, 2015, 11:17:12 PM
that is kinda creepy

Yeah man, they're also having historically bad forest fires out there right now too. So those signs in this terrifying place in the middle of nowhere with the countryside on fire in the distances giving the darkness a frightening glow with the smell of fire in the air was a memorable experience.

I'm sure I'm overstating this as I was the definition of terrified white man out there but it's funny this show is on tonight as that experience made me realize how easy it would be to disappear in places like that.

EvB

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 07, 2015, 11:19:23 PM
Is Knapp still on Team Bob Lazar?

Dunno - I've been out of the c2cish loop for a while.  Knapp just always seemed fairly credible - but then he was up against Dave.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Juan Cena on September 07, 2015, 11:19:20 PM
What he hasn't done is go to the people who hold the NPS' purse strings to either demand answers or to require the NPS to keep track of these cases. That's what I believe a person who was truly concerned about this to do, and ask others to do the same thing.

What he does instead is write books and goes on talk shows and launch Kickstarters to make movies and milk the story for all it's worth.

And spread the word.  Yes.  That is correct.

What are you?  Some kind of commie?

Gassy Man

Quote from: WOTR on September 07, 2015, 11:20:08 PM
I'm sure it has been posted here in the past... But there is always the Japanese  forest of death to make people disappear in.

That's essentially in the plot of one of the James Bond books, too.

Ned529

Quote from: Ned529 on September 07, 2015, 10:52:52 PM
Spooky stuff. I too have heard that weird story of stairs in the national parks. I feel like I heard it on Dark Matter but cant be sure. Spooky stairs.
Spppppoooookkkkkeeedd🍗👾🍗👾🍗

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: WOTR on September 07, 2015, 11:20:08 PM

How typical of Japan to have a suicide forest.

doctor weird

David Paulides always delivers. I listened to a show he did with George Knapp a few yrs ago and it is one of my personal favorites to this day

littlechris

Quote from: brig on September 07, 2015, 11:20:09 PM
littlechris!  ;D

Hi Briggie's!!! You are up late!!!  Hope you had a WONDERFUL holiday weekend (BIG HUGS)!!!

norland2424

anyone in socal ever heard of the shovel Man in gormon or castaic lake area?

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on September 07, 2015, 10:35:53 PM
Probably a good thing. His critics would rip him apart if he did.
I'm kind of hoping he has some new evidence that would point to a explanation.
The circumstances are really weird around these disappearances.

Wait til he gets to the urban disappearances, the subject of his most recent book. The whole thing twists to a whole new level of weird.
I like that Paulides does not speculate as to cause. He's open to all possibilities, but won't settle for an explanation without evidence. I've heard all his (brilliant) Knapp appearances and his (dismal) Noory appearance. Noory of course was pushing all his pet explanations: abduction, Bigfoot, portals, angels, demons etc. Knapp has always respected Paulides' position. I hope Art won't push too hard for a neat 'explanation'. I like to just let the weird pile on weird - the same as with reading Paulides' books - and let the stories and the mute victims speak for themselves.

AppealPlay

Quote from: littlechris on September 07, 2015, 11:20:57 PM
Yes, he still stands by Lazar, as do I.

Really?  I was under the impression he had been discredited.  Maybe Art should invite Bob and John on MITD.  Especially John.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: EvB on September 07, 2015, 11:18:06 PM
Knapp's endorsement holds good weight.

Paulides and Knapp are very close friends, Knapp talked about it ad nauseam last week when he had Paulides on C2C.  I respect his loyality to a friend, but there is a question of objectivity.

Juan Cena

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 07, 2015, 11:10:21 PM
I messaged Art again about asking his congressman or the DOI OIG about his FOIA requests.  It's definitely something that Paulides should address on air.

Thanks. I haven't become a Time Traveler yet (lack of funds), so I can't petition through the Wormhole.

Not too crazy about calling up Art just to ask the same question.

Quote from: VoteQuimby on September 07, 2015, 11:15:46 PM
Out there on the Colville Indian Reservation was one of the creepiest vibes I've ever felt. It took me about 150 miles to get out of there with nothing but my car compass. As I was driving on these desolate backroads where I literally didn't see other cars for a hour at a stretch, I came across several road signs that had been shot up and a couple road signs that had been spray painted over with "HELL" in big letters with an arrow pointing into the darkness. I don't know if cult shit is the right word to describe it but it definitely got my attention out in the middle of scary af nowhere. The Apocalypse Now quote came to mind "Never get off the boat, unless you're going all the way."

That's just a rural thing. Any metal surface where I am has racist/misogynistic/homophobic shit spray-painted all over it and many of the road signs are shot up.

Lilith

Quote from: littlechris on September 07, 2015, 11:22:05 PM
Hi Briggie's!!! You are up late!!!  Hope you had a WONDERFUL holiday weekend!!!

I DID! Hope you did too!!  I wish I could manage to stay awake with all of you EVERY night, for Hoagie too!