• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No
Quote from: Ciardelo on December 21, 2016, 04:04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up Zeebo. I'll check out in my Coast Insider.
Is that the one where his wife saw him disappear in thin air, he woke in an all white room with no seams where walls met, like it so kind of was there but no actual structural points showed.  He briefly interacted with a disembodied voice who told him how to get home, and I guess explained his transporting to their universe had been an unwitting mistake on their part (the presumed aliens).  The guy lost credibility with me when he was unable to guestimate how long he had gone.  He failed to try to factor time lost by measuring hunger, thirty, urination, poo, or fatigue.  It takes the stomach 3 hours to empty (hunger), most people are very thirsty within five hours, lots of people per every few hours, most people poo at same time daily, and most people know how long it takes them to fatigue daily.  Yet, after an abduction experience, a huge thing, this guy just wasn't sure.  I guess that could be because the disembodied voice told him it had only been 20 minutes, so maybe physical needs hadn't set in yet.  I guess I should give the guy a break.  Maybe he has a really strong constitution and it wouldn't occur to him to measure time this way. They told him to walk in a direction, to think hard about his beloved wife, and when he saw a door thing, to kneel and touch his forehead (hmmm, brainwaves) to the door, hum the right tone, that then he would be home.  He meditated on his beloved wife, walked in a direction, and saw her real-time, crying over him being gone.  He found the door thing, kneeled and touched his forehead to it, had to try many, many times but it finally let him through.  He laid down or fell and his wife was very happy to find him.  Except for him actually disappearing and appearing (per his claim including the alleged claim of his wife too), except for that part, the rest sounds like it could just be "mind control", synthetic telepathy in sleep.  Low budget, too.  But he says he physically  disappeared and reappeared, so I don't know.

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 21, 2016, 04:04:34 PM
Thanks for the heads up Zeebo. I'll check out in my Coast Insider.
I had Insider.  But Insider requires automatic rebilling.  That's a huge problem because of potential total NSF fees.  Last year, I was able to Insider because my bank did not charge NSFs on recurring billing items.  However, later when my checkbook was stolen, I closed my account.  New checking accounts do not have free overdraft protection on recurring billing.  My hours at work were cut so right now it is paycheck to paycheck.  If the Insider payment were to post in the days before a payday, of course it would bounce.  My bank told me they would charge a $38 NSF fee.  Well of course I can't afford to take that chance every month.  Or even every few or 6 months, in the case of longer Insider deals.  So I don't have Insider. 

I am thinking of buying a prepaid debit card to use for Insider, because prepaid debit cards don't have NSF occurrences.  The sensible one cost $6, though, more than the cost of a month of Insider in many cases.  Is that reasonable?

I also thought of switching to a credit union, but there just aren't very many and most only have one branch. Weird.

Recurring billing is one of the worst things a corporation can do to the little guy.  I feel real disappointed but am trying to figure something out.

zeebo

Quote from: Dateline on December 23, 2016, 12:28:58 AM
Merry frickin' infomercial.

I'm somewhat curious about the next guest so hanging on thru this, but oh jeez is it bad. 

zeebo

Quote from: loveslibraries on December 23, 2016, 01:28:05 AM
Is that the one where his wife saw him disappear in thin air, he woke in an all white room with no seams where walls met, like it so kind of was there but no actual structural points showed.  He briefly interacted with a disembodied voice who told him how to get home, and I guess explained his transporting to their universe had been an unwitting mistake on their part (the presumed aliens).....

Yep supposedly the guy fell into this little bubble world, part of a lab experiment run by the folks talking through an inter-dimensional intercom system. It sounded like they were creating universes within universes a.k.a. the 'Russian dolls' analogy.   :o

Ciardelo

Quote from: loveslibraries on December 23, 2016, 01:34:47 AM
I had Insider.  But Insider requires automatic rebilling.  That's a huge problem because of potential total NSF fees.  Last year, I was able to Insider because my bank did not charge NSFs on recurring billing items.  However, later when my checkbook was stolen, I closed my account.  New checking accounts do not have free overdraft protection on recurring billing.  My hours at work were cut so right now it is paycheck to paycheck.  If the Insider payment were to post in the days before a payday, of course it would bounce.  My bank told me they would charge a $38 NSF fee.  Well of course I can't afford to take that chance every month.  Or even every few or 6 months, in the case of longer Insider deals.  So I don't have Insider.

Wow, you must be living pretty close to the bone then. Your comment reminds me though that I'm on the month-to-month subscription. I probably just need to go ahead and pony up for a longer subscription to get the small discount.

QuoteI am thinking of buying a prepaid debit card to use for Insider, because prepaid debit cards don't have NSF occurrences.  The sensible one cost $6, though, more than the cost of a month of Insider in many cases.  Is that reasonable?

I think most of the pre-paid cards are a usurious abuse of the unbanked and working poor. So no, I personally don't think you should pay $6 to pay $6 a month to C2C. If you have a computer, you can record the show "live" as it airs over the internet stream. Back in the day, I actually hooked up my VCR to record the radio's audio to catch 5 hours of C2C each night.

QuoteI also thought of switching to a credit union, but there just aren't very many and most only have one branch. Weird.

Here in Tulsa, we have quite a few credit unions. I'm a big fan of credit unions for us consumers; but I'm annoyed at mine because they keep on opening up new branches and spending money (our money, as members) to run ads. They are acting more "bank like" each day; the interest rates they pay are paltry and the interest rates they charge aren't such a great deal like they used to be. Thanks Obama.

QuoteRecurring billing is one of the worst things a corporation can do to the little guy.  I feel real disappointed but am trying to figure something out.

I'm sure you will. In the meantime I see you appreciate your library! I fully support libraries and find them to be a great source of entertainment!

Ciardelo

Quote from: zeebo on December 23, 2016, 01:44:55 AM
I'm somewhat curious about the next guest so hanging on thru this, but oh jeez is it bad.
Psychedelic Jesus? What what? Let me launch that Coast Player STAT.

zeebo

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 22, 2016, 10:28:42 PM
A couple times late in his narrative, the guest alluded to his materialization/dematerialization as like being beamed in the transporter in "Star Trek".  I thought that was noteworthy considering his story of kneeling in front of a stone door and gaining enter through a series of tones was straight out of a "Star Trek" episode, "The Paradise Syndrome".  Exact same thing happened with Kirk while dealing with primitive natives.  .....

Sadly there were no reports of buxom aliens in tight-fitting rawhide fashions.   :(

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 23, 2016, 02:08:08 AM
Psychedelic Jesus? What what? Let me launch that Coast Player STAT.

lol yes I gotta hear this one

Ciardelo

Shrooms in the Garden of Eden:

Temptation in the Garden of Eden, Chapel of Plaincourault, France, circa 1291 (Photo by Julie M. Brown)

Ciardelo

Quote from: The Psychedelic Gospels by Jerry B. Brown, Ph.D. and Julie M. Brown, M.A., published by Inner Traditions. â€œDoes anyone know what Santa has to do with Christmas, the birth of Jesus, and this?” I asked, opening the mushroom field guide and showing everyone the photo of the bright red Amanita mushroom covered with snowy white dots.

Before I could finish the sentence, I felt Julie’s two hands firmly tugging on my arm, as she said in her calming therapist’s voice, “Sorry to interrupt, honey, but if we don’t leave now, we won’t be able to walk to dinner and back before dark.”

Excerpt from the book found here: Santa, the 
Reindeer Shaman

Thanks Zeebo! Very entertaining and perhaps, just perhaps informative guest. It looks like an interesting book.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 23, 2016, 04:01:43 AM
...Thanks Zeebo! Very entertaining and perhaps, just perhaps informative guest. It looks like an interesting book.

Glad you found the topic & guest interesting, as did I.  The idea of the Tree of Knowledge actually being a curious fungus is pretty intriguing.  Also it's cool that responsible research into medical/spiritual applications of certain substances is starting to be allowed again.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: loveslibraries on December 23, 2016, 01:34:47 AM

I am thinking of buying a prepaid debit card to use for Insider, because prepaid debit cards don't have NSF occurrences.  The sensible one cost $6, though, more than the cost of a month of Insider in many cases.  Is that reasonable?

I also thought of switching to a credit union, but there just aren't very many and most only have one branch. Weird.

Recurring billing is one of the worst things a corporation can do to the little guy.  I feel real disappointed but am trying to figure something out.

Another approach, if you can swing it, is to buy a C Crane Witness.  I've had mine for over ten years,  it has dutifully recorded every C2C show aired since I bought it.  New, the radio and its accessory kit is just under two hundred dollars, but if you check Crane's on-line catalog, you can occasionally find a returned/reconditioned ("orphaned") model for around $150.  They sometimes pop up on eBay and similar sites as well.  Or you could go full Falkie and ask other 'gabbers to buy one for you, or even grovel on air to George to send you one from his personal stash.

The Witness is essentially a portable AM/FM radio with a built in, programmable MP3 recorder/player.  It's a little bigger than a standard business card, but about a quarter inch thick.  It allows you to listen at 1.5 times the recording speed, meaning by fast forwarding through commercials you can hear an entire C2C show in just under 2 hours.  Of course it can be used to record and replay any radio broadcast as well, I've used mine to record a locally produced public radio show.  The Witness is also a capable digital recorder, have used it to record lectures and spooks/EVPs. It has a significant internal memory, but also can use a memory card. 

The cheapest, low tech approach is to find specific C2C shows on YouTube.  Over the years I've listened to maybe half dozen C2C show that way when the local C2C affiliate decided to broadcast sporting events, breaking news, or election coverage.  At least one of the people who posts C2C on YouTube is nice enough to edit out the commercials, meaning you can listen to an entire four hour program in about 2 1/2 hours.  The down side here is it's sometime a few days before the shows are posted.

Ciardelo

The Chase

The rest of this post left intentionally blank.

Where does Noory get these sucky guests?  I don't want to hear a show about angels from a loopy New Age wacko.

GNS.

Ciardelo

There's always Heather at the Handle on that other channel. Here we'll have the special letter to Michael (that has become a Tradition) later.

How's the "Drunk Open Lines" coming along over there?

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 24, 2016, 12:52:53 AM
There's always Heather at the Handle on that other channel. Here we'll have the special letter to Michael (that has become a Tradition) later.

Here I was hoping we would be hearing Fanthorpe's telling of The Night Before Christmas. :P

I'm turning it off.  She completely lost me with the Lemuria/Atlantis crap.

Ciardelo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 24, 2016, 12:58:20 AM
I'm turning it off.  She completely lost me with the Lemuria/Atlantis crap.
I'm not long for it either. Good Night :)

as soon as i tune in and hear it's a female guest i begin counting down until I hear 'angels' uttered -  it usually takes less than 30 seconds. i swear they are all the same person with different phony names. 

give George Knapp the show, conspiracies, hauntings/paranormal, true crime, science/astronomy, pop culture  -  Jorch, take your post-menopausal woo-woo ladies and your snake oil and health 'news' and get the hell out!!!

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on December 24, 2016, 01:05:22 AM
as soon as i tune in and hear it's a female guest i begin counting down until I hear 'angels' uttered -  it usually takes less than 30 seconds. i swear they are all the same person with different phony names. 

give George Knapp the show, conspiracies, hauntings/paranormal, true crime, science/astronomy, pop culture  -  Jorch, take your post-menopausal woo-woo ladies and your snake oil and health 'news' and get the hell out!!!

Amen!

i'll take 5 hours of the UFO report guy rambling through 1000 UFO sightings over this nonsense.

'George, I got a report from a young fella from the Upper Peninsula in Michigan about 20 miles northwest of Travers City off Route 15. He was driving his gal to her parents home after a night at the picture show.  As he was pulling out of the driveway he looked in a southerly direction over a hill and saw what he said appeared to be a ferris wheel type object with blinking blue lights, the object would disappear below his line of sight and then reappear in another position in the sky. We'll have to keep an eye for more out that way George, I've had several others lately in that part of the country'

'Hey Peter, how come we haven't had any physical evidence the way we used to.  We used to see scorched grass and such but it just seems to have stopped'

'That's a good point George, we don't do we. Perhaps there's a reason.'

'I think they do,  it's like they're on to us. There must be something because it's just not the same.  Do you notice people acting weird lately Peter? Because I sure do,  people are behaving really strangely.  Something is up but heck I don't know what. It's something though.'

zeebo

Quote from: 21st Century Man on December 24, 2016, 12:45:36 AM
Where does Noory get these sucky guests?  I don't want to hear a show about angels from a loopy New Age wacko.

GNS.

Haha they're in the free New Age publication at the natural-foods market, sandwiched in-between ads for reiki energy healers and organic yogurt-makers.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on December 24, 2016, 01:57:24 AM
Haha they're in the free New Age publication at the natural-foods market, sandwiched in-between ads for reiki energy healers and organic yogurt-makers.

Zeebo! Top right, baby!  :D

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 24, 2016, 02:07:11 AM
Zeebo! Top right, baby!  :D

lol thanks buddy ... my nerdy video-game lifestyle has finally paid off.    ;)

Mizak

My station gets rid of snoory for Christmas!!! All Christmas Music for the next couple of days!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!

Ciardelo

Quote from: Mizak on December 24, 2016, 07:47:02 AM
My station gets rid of snoory for Christmas!!! All Christmas Music for the next couple of days!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
Yup, except that Dave isn't going to be there either  ;)

We get Connie Willis the next two nights on the live C2C show.