George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

albrecht

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on December 06, 2016, 12:32:55 PM
the guest's excessively long pause speaks volumes
Yes it does. Hilarious. I love when legit guests are on because they get taken aback by  Norry's questions or misunderstandings/confusion of what they said or school-age science.

albrecht

Quote from: Segundus on December 06, 2016, 06:01:33 AM
I was waiting for some Pentecostal snake handling guy to call in, and the snake guy's reaction when he realized Noory was taking him seriously. 

That would have been epic and hilarious!

whoozit

Quote from: zeebo on December 06, 2016, 02:42:24 AM
A big and interesting idea, whose follow-up question was something like "How far can snakes jump?"
At least he didn't say something like, "I know they are very small, but how many legs, on average, do snakes have?"

albrecht

Quote from: whoozit on December 06, 2016, 07:46:43 PM
At least he didn't say something like, "I know they are very small, but how many legs, on average, do snakes have?"
I'm surprised he didn't. I guarantee I could visit a grade-school classroom and get better questions about snakes, or on most of the recent subjects. Norry really seemed to not understand that there were different species of snakes. And questions like "how far can a snake jump?" maybe you'd get in the earliest grades. It was quite absurd. I was waiting for Norry to relate some sheltered childhood incident when he saw a snake in the grass and he "reared up on his hind-legs" and ran away.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on December 06, 2016, 07:46:43 PM
"Are baby snakes mean?"

Dateline

Norry should be edgy and interview the dead Fidel Castro using a weejee board.

Morgus

Noory announced the c2c hosting schedule for the holidays.
Since Christmas Eve & Day fall on the weekend this year, Noory will not host those nights - instead guest host Connie Willis will.
The following weekend, New Year's Eve (Sat) will be hosted by Dave Schrader, and Noory will be the host for New Year's Day on Sunday night since thats his regular first Sunday of the month show and he mentioned that will also celebrate his 13th anniversary as main c2c host... :o

Juan

How will I get through my lonely, shut in holidays without sNoory?  He should "get up" something for me.

Robert

Quote from: albrecht on December 06, 2016, 07:57:00 PMI'm surprised he didn't. I guarantee I could visit a grade-school classroom and get better questions about snakes, or on most of the recent subjects. Norry really seemed to not understand that there were different species of snakes. And questions like "how far can a snake jump?" maybe you'd get in the earliest grades. It was quite absurd. I was waiting for Norry to relate some sheltered childhood incident when he saw a snake in the grass and he "reared up on his hind-legs" and ran away.
What's wrong w an adult asking how far a snake can jump?  I don't see how it matters that there are many species of snakes, the question is obviously about whichever species has been seen to jump the farthest in absolute distance.  You know, like, "A [size][species] snake was once observed to jump [distance] over level ground, a world record."  What's wrong w that?  Was there something about the context of the question that made it silly?

Look, we've made Wolfie slurp.  I think he likes snake on the hoof.

zeebo

I may end up regretting this, but have had a hell of a week and these topics tonite are right up my alley: Stargazing and ET Planet-seeding.  It's a cold nite, and I shall be nursing a nice brandy and allowing my weary mind to roam the realm of cosmic speculations. 

So keep it together, George, don't rub me the wrong way!  That means no questions about "What's inside a black hole" or "How'd the Big Bang work" or "What if Einstein had a smartphone"!  >:(

goldendeal

Jorch blew it on this one, another case of not doing his homework before a guest appearance . The so called 'Deadly Double' Pearl Harbor Mystery Wasn't So Mysterious After All according to snopes.

Jorch and his guest Craig Nelson went on and on about this...
Two weeks before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, strange ads appeared for a game of chance called "The Deadly Double," which, some theorized later, was a coded warning.

Well, they indeed found the person that placed the ad....

http://www.snopes.com/2016/12/07/deadly-double-pearl-harbor-mystery/

Dateline

Science has now classified Norry as an insectoid.  He is listed as a bar fly.

goldendeal

Quote from: Dateline on December 07, 2016, 10:30:08 PM
Science has now classified Norry as an insectoid.  He is listed as a bar fly.

Pharmacist Ben Fuchs just diagnosed Jorch hemorrhoid free after 6 months on 1000mg of Turmeric, in which Jorch responded "I always knew I was a perfect asshole"

goldendeal

Quote from: Morgus on December 07, 2016, 04:08:57 PM
Noory announced the c2c hosting schedule for the holidays.
Since Christmas Eve & Day fall on the weekend this year, Noory will not host those nights - instead guest host Connie Willis will.
The following weekend, New Year's Eve (Sat) will be hosted by Dave Schrader, and Noory will be the host for New Year's Day on Sunday night since thats his regular first Sunday of the month show and he mentioned that will also celebrate his 13th anniversary as main c2c host... :o

Great now we can stop hearing his bullshit about always being there for Coast members even during the holidays, which he brings up every damn year.  The old tired comment on how " some people have no family and are lonely during the holidays and that's why I do it"   Lot of people work during the holidays , yet Jorch wants us to believe he is the only one sacrificing, turns out it just fell on a day he had to work... :D

Uncle Duke

Quote from: goldendeal on December 07, 2016, 09:09:49 PM
Jorch blew it on this one, another case of not doing his homework before a guest appearance . The so called 'Deadly Double' Pearl Harbor Mystery Wasn't So Mysterious After All according to snopes.

Jorch and his guest Craig Nelson went on and on about this...
Two weeks before the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, strange ads appeared for a game of chance called "The Deadly Double," which, some theorized later, was a coded warning.

Well, they indeed found the person that placed the ad....

http://www.snopes.com/2016/12/07/deadly-double-pearl-harbor-mystery/

Could have been worse, George could have had that mental case Doug Dietrich as a guest to ramble on incoherently about Pearl Harbor for two or three hours.  Frankly I'm surprised he didn't, Dietrich seems to be George's go to guy for revisionist military history.

Did Nelson mention the Niihau Incident relative to the Pearl Harbor attack?

goldendeal

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 07, 2016, 11:06:07 PM
Could have been worse, George could have had that mental case Doug Dietrich as a guest to ramble on incoherently about Pearl Harbor for two or three hours.  Frankly I'm surprised he didn't, Dietrich seems to be George's go to guy for revisionist military history.

I didn't hear it if he did. Worse than Doug Dietrich  is the nightly UFO reports by Peter Davenport  " and this just  in George, a man in Spokane, Washington upon leaving his eye doctor for laser surgery reports flashing purple and red lights.

Dateline

Norry, Connie Willis hosting over Christmas weekend is no gift, it is a terror alert.  I will not listen! 

goldendeal

Quote from: Dateline on December 07, 2016, 11:27:37 PM
Norry, Connie Willis hosting over Christmas weekend is no gift, it is a terror alert.  I will not listen!

Well. all depends , if Connie get in touch with her weed dealer it might be an ok show.

zeebo

Well here we go again with the old Big Bang confusion and Einstein's computer.  Dude no one really can visualize the beginning of space & time .. and Einstein did his best work in his own head with thought experiments.  Let it go bro, let it go!

Morgus

Some of the callers did refer to Dietrich however last night...

Morgus

Quote from: zeebo on December 08, 2016, 01:36:29 AM
Well here we go again with the old Big Bang confusion and Einstein's computer.  Dude no one really can visualize the beginning of space & time .. and Einstein did his best work in his own head with thought experiments.  Let it go bro, let it go!
Yep I knew as soon as Noory mentioned Einstein he would ask his stock question "What would Einstein had done if he had a PC?"

zeebo

Quote from: Morgus on December 08, 2016, 01:38:21 AM
Yep I knew as soon as Noory mentioned Einstein he would ask his stock question "What would Einstein had done if he had a PC?"

He's breakin out all the moldy oldies including his love of the Hubble Deep Field pic.  Now arguably it is one of the most awesome things ever but maybe let's talk about something else discovered through Hubble?    Something?  Anything?  Hello McFly is anybody home??

zeebo

lol the second guest is really mad at science.

Morgus

Noory keeps playing a clip of him trying to sing from his Holiday CD.
But hearing that would have the opposite effect - nobody would want to buy the CD after hearing that except as a comedy album. :D

goldendeal

You  know its a terrible guest when the highlight is waiting for Jorch's  Neil Sedaka  bumper music

Uncle Duke

After listening to this idiot, I can't decide which is worse, mentally ill (Dietrich) or just plain stupid (Nelson).

albrecht

Quote from: zeebo on December 08, 2016, 01:36:29 AM
But he added another obvious question to ask a an astronomer presenter: "do you know our friend uh Lionel Flanthrope? A great guy he uh writes horror novels and has a great booming voice?"

Simply because, in Norry's head, they both have an 'funny accent' and come from the UK so they must know each other. At least he didn't ask the guest about Springheel Jack.

albrecht

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 08, 2016, 06:50:22 PM
After listening to this idiot, I kind decide which is worse, mentally ill (Dietrich) or just plain stupid (Nelson).
At first I thought the Poltergeist, Stir Crazy, and "Coach" actor, Spokane born* is now writing books on Pearl Harbor theories? Than I thought was was Craig T Nelson forced to use a "T" and why not this guy instead?

*proven not ALL people from the Spokane are are C2C callers or guests and into zero-point energy devices, animal channelers, preppers, bigfooters, survivalists, psychics, or ufologists.

ItsOver

Quote from: goldendeal on December 08, 2016, 12:56:11 AM

Well. all depends , if Connie get in touch with her weed dealer it might be an ok show.
Well, if you're into a spacey broad, with a lot of giggling. ;)