• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Morgus

Quote from: astroguy on December 31, 2017, 08:44:13 PM
People said on here that Richard was an amazing interviewer.  Last night was not an example of that.  I just finished listening.  Richard couldn't get out from under his own monolithic idiocy to let a guest like Wilcock actually spew his own idiocy.  After three hours, practically no actual material got out.  Even his own producer - on the wrong audio line so we heard it - told Richard to shuddup and let David tell his story.

I don't like David.  But that's irrelevant for someone like Richard:  David has a gigantic audience.  If Richard just could've stopped talking and actually had a reasonably guided interview that focused on the guest, I suspect he could have gained many listeners.  Instead, I suspect new people came away thinking he was a pompous ass who doesn't let his guests speak.
The comments posted on the OSOM facebook page last night echoed this as well!

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on December 31, 2017, 09:02:31 PM
I got that, but that's separate from actual information.  When I come away from a podcast or radio program, I want to feel as though there was some sort of information I got from it, even if it's bulls hit.  From last night, the most information (even though it was all wrong, like her statement that congresspeople can reveal classified information without being prosecuted for it) came when Barbara came on in the last ~45 minutes.
If I'm tuning in to OSOM, the crazed Dietrich, etc or C2C it is not for actual information! But just for fun and laughs. Or sometimes, or increasingly rare occasions, some minor information when C2C has a legit guest. But for fun. There are far more real podcasts or lectures once can find for real stuff (which often is fun also. Nature, science, even politics is more bizarre and interesting than the woo-woo.) But sometimes one wants a laugh or hear a trainwreck. I'm with you on when people believe whatever they hear or spend their limited money for some of these guys.

astroguy

Quote from: albrecht on December 31, 2017, 10:07:55 PM
If I'm tuning in to OSOM, the crazed Dietrich, etc or C2C it is not for actual information! But just for fun and laughs. Or sometimes, or increasingly rare occasions, some minor information when C2C has a legit guest. But for fun. There are far more real podcasts or lectures once can find for real stuff (which often is fun also. Nature, science, even politics is more bizarre and interesting than the woo-woo.) But sometimes one wants a laugh or hear a trainwreck. I'm with you on when people believe whatever they hear or spend their limited money for some of these guys.
Maybe you and I are different in this case because I listed to this stuff with an ear towards material for my podcast.  If it's just two guys arguing over their imaginary friends, that's not material for my podcast.  An in-depth discussion of glass domes on the Moon is.

albrecht

Quote from: astroguy on December 31, 2017, 11:28:33 PM
Maybe you and I are different in this case because I listed to this stuff with an ear towards material for my podcast.  If it's just two guys arguing over their imaginary friends, that's not material for my podcast.  An in-depth discussion of glass domes on the Moon is.
I believe the structures are ALON or some such (likely much better due to alien tech?) But, due to nuclear wars on Mars and general thousands of years of dehabitation on the Moon have be left to disrepair. They need a Guiliani and "broken windows" crime approach, a shame those domes going to pot., makes the whole region look bad and real estate values suffer.   ;)

=Schlyder=

LOL  start the year off withnutjob Michelle from Japan. Way to go Hoagie, what a waste of fucking 20 minutes talking to this retard.

Morgus

Hoagie managed to get one caller on the air - but it had to be Michelle in Japan?  :o

Jackstar

Quote from: Morgus on January 01, 2018, 01:22:23 AM
managed to get one caller on the air - but it had to be

Hey mang--Lodge orders, is Lodge orders.

PaulAtreides

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 01, 2018, 02:31:22 PM
I haven't looked yet but I hope STFU is on that list.  ;)

STFU + acquire the technical skills of at least a middle school member of the A/V club.

Juan Cena

Quote from: expat on January 01, 2018, 12:09:32 PM
I have some helpful suggestions for Hoagland's NY resolutions.

You forgot

1) Find somewhere to live other than my girlfriend’s couch.

2) Stop Killing my girlfriend’s pets

3) Start looking for Robin VIII, as Robin VII is about had it with me.

Quote from: expat on January 01, 2018, 12:09:32 PM
I have some helpful suggestions for Hoagland's NY resolutions.

In such desperate times of moral ambiguity and ethical incertitude, dude, just stop a little second to ask yourself: 'What would Richard C. Hoagland, doo?'

Quote from: THE on June 11, 2017, 08:39:33 PM

Just like all the ninety degree angles of the cut & paste outlines by NASA, in the image of the Face on Mars, at Cydonia,

What?

Theadora

Quote from: Riclnard C. Hoagland on January 04, 2018, 04:31:25 PM
What?

Expect devastating Earthquakes, particularly around the Pacific Ring of Fire, between now and February 10th, 2018; especially on January 31st.

Morgus

Audio stream says: "Waiting for host to call in"
Last time it did this, Hoagie had to cancel...

Morgus

New message posted by Hoagie: "We have been hacked! Show is rescheduled for tomorrow"

astroguy

Quote from: Morgus on January 06, 2018, 11:30:15 PM
New message posted by Hoagie: "We have been hacked! Show is rescheduled for tomorrow"
Translation: "I am incompetent!"

crankshaft

Let's face it. RCH has trouble with technology.
Anything more high-tech than a straight nail wreaks havoc on his plans.
I bet the ones with heads on them give him grief.
RCH with a screw is a frightening thought.
In the hands of RCH a screw--quite by accident, mind you--could turn into a weapon of mass destruction.

expat

RCH's nauseatingly dishonest announcement that "The Deep State doesn't want this show to go out" can be falsified very easily. All the shows that were cancelled because of "hacking" were eventually completed, with the exception of Gordon White 16th December. Even that one will very likely happen some timeâ€"and btw it wasn't particularly controversial anyway. Panspermia.

Theadora

Quote from: expat on January 07, 2018, 11:17:14 AM
RCH's nauseatingly dishonest announcement that "The Deep State doesn't want this show to go out" can be falsified very easily. All the shows that were cancelled because of "hacking" were eventually completed, with the exception of Gordon White 16th December. Even that one will very likely happen some timeâ€"and btw it wasn't particularly controversial anyway. Panspermia.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/108015532283613969577/6508022154073190770

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on December 31, 2017, 02:38:52 PM
WTF does that have to do with cities on Mars? Or even, at a minimum, with extraterrestrial visitations?

nice strawman

Jackstar

Quote from: astroguy on December 31, 2017, 08:44:13 PM
After three hours, practically no actual material got out. 

One earnestly wonders what you think the point and purpose of this show actually is.