The Camazotz Automat Storefront

Started by Camazotz Automat, August 06, 2008, 02:40:48 AM

WESTERN UNION TELEGRAPH COMPANY

September 29 1945
addressee
Betty Maxwell
221 Fifth Street
Kalispell, Montana

Could not cable sooner.  Commanding Officer said you were notified on September Fourth that I am okey dokey pokey. Thank God War is over.  Will begin construction on new store when I come home.  All higgledy piggledy here but relieved.  We lost Earl Kowalsky in final manuever.  Earl saved my life in July.  I am bringing home the Emerald Tablet Earl and I found in Memphis, Egypt. Will place it in storefront window for Good Luck. Full moon tonight.  Look at it and think of me. Can not wait to see you, darling. I will be home by Christmas. What do you think of "Camazotz Automat" as store name? Love, always. - Harvey

1749 3013 6692 4711

Cairo, Egypt
9:46 PM

lonevoice

Quote from: The General on May 14, 2015, 11:38:22 AM

Poor Earl.

Alas, poor Earl! I knew him, General, a fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy.

Galien subduction harkens twylyte blurkinfield. 
Wise powls perkundulate the coffin gridd.
Alad, here lize Fin Again, re-Joiced
In zotsteel suit, die cleaned to audio matte finis,
Ferried through batwing Ka-deuces doors.
Pheb be wary, too too,
Of yor chin-ease monk end key,
Tweeny seventeen.

Lens clap (on) to bind thee cyclopean I...

Many many tickle your parsings, Mister Hell Blab.

Ammit awaits your hobbscotch.

And Fin has become the feather.

- Harvey
retired/deceased/transmigrated/new planet designer

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on February 22, 2016, 11:24:38 PM
Galien subduction harkens twylyte blurkinfield. 
Wise powls perkundulate the coffin gridd.
Alad, here lize Fin Again, re-Joiced
In zotsteel suit, die cleaned to audio matte finis,
Ferried through batwing Ka-deuces doors.
Pheb be wary, too too,
Of yor chin-ease monk end key,
Tweeny seventeen.

Lens clap (on) to bind thee cyclopean I...

Many many tickle your parsings, Mister Hell Blab.

Ammit awaits your hobbscotch.

And Fin has become the feather.

- Harvey
retired/deceased/transmigrated/new planet designer

Sounds like you've been making your special Batgod cactus preserves and slathering your Eggos with them again. Please save a jar for me if you can!

The General

And I thought the toynbee tiles were hard to decipher.

Ok.  I guess I'll wait and see what the day brings.

"Camazotz Automat" is a grand name for the store.

Cheers!

I eschew Lord of the Dance, Celtic Thunder, Druid Sweating to the Oldies, etc.

This video isn't that type of performance, so don't jump to any conclusions when it begins, just wait a bit for that Old Time Religion back beat to really ~ kick it ~.

Think of it as Led Zeppelin's Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp meets Game of Thrones.  Indeed, it's more akin to getting your blarney on while sporting deer antlers. 

And I am sure it's simply the power of suggestion from current events that causes me to think that the individual appearing at the 1 minute 9 second mark eerily resembles Prince partaking in the festivities.

I would kill to see this song used as a soundtrack behind a pivotal abduction and table kill scene/sequence when Dexter returns.

( You didn't know he was returning?  It may be a while, but I assure you.  Patience.  It's being written as we speak. )

I can think of no better day of the year than today/tonight for a road trip into oblivion.

Let's see... AC/DC CDs, thirteen foil-wrapped cheeseburger sliders, a cooler full of cane sugar Dr. Peppers ... roadmap.

Happy Walpurgisnacht!  Cheers!

Engage.

PS

Happy Birthday, Glenda.  You are sorely missed.

See you on the other side.

Eventually.

Faun - Walpurgisnacht (Director's Cut) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U10ftE4XQvo

And a very happy May Day to you too.

Sergeant Howie, I strongly suggest you take Willow up on her offer.  ;)

(Camazotz Automat ... Exit ... Stage Left-Hand Path)

pate

I cannot discern the direction, but as a food for thought

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWhsZavl5xc

To think I missed that sale at the local market...

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 16, 2016, 04:08:02 AM

I hear ya, but I hope you change  your mind.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 16, 2016, 04:08:02 AM

The maples want more sunlight, and the oaks ignore their pleas.

You see; the trouble with the maples... (cont pp94)

1:54 in triggered a flashback. I still get nauseous over that shade of greeny yellow.  :P

ItsOver

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on June 11, 2016, 08:14:34 PM
I'll gladly pay you in 2036 for a 5100 today.

I would not wimp-out on that piece of pie.

One used Gordon Lightfoot record album. 
Sit Down Young Stranger (1970)
Record jacket: light scuffing
Dust sleeve: very good
Condition of vinyl: no scratches in playing area; 1/16 inch crack in spindle hole; the crack could be bored out in the manner of intercepting the beginning fracture in a Zildjian cymbal's mounting hole, but isn't necessary and might cause spindle ride off or elliptical warbling.
Inscription in the run out groove area: "gnothi seauton"
Autographed on Side 1 label by Oscar Levant
Autographed on Side 2 label by Steve McQueen
Serious inquiries only please.

If you could read my mind, love
What a tale my thoughts could tell
Just like an old-time movie
'Bout a ghost from a wishing well
In a castle dark or a fortress strong
With chains upon my feet
You know that ghost is me
And I will never be set free
As long as I'm a ghost that you can't see

If I could read your mind, love
What a tale your thoughts could tell
Just like a paperback novel
The kind the drugstores sell
When you reach the part where the heartaches come
The hero would be me
But heroes often fail
And you won't read that book again
Because the ending's just too hard to take

I'd walk away like a movie star
Who gets burned in a three-way script
Enter number two
A movie queen to play the scene
Of bringing all the good things out in me
But for now, love, let's be real
I never thought I could act this way
And I've got to say that I just don't get it
I don't know where we went wrong
But the feelin's gone and I just can't get it back

If you could read my mind, love
What a tale my thoughts could tell
Just like an old-time movie
'Bout a ghost from a wishing well
In a castle dark or a fortress strong
With chains upon my feet
But stories always end
And if you read between the lines
You'll know that I'm just tryin' to understand
The feelings that you lack
I never thought I could feel this way
And I've got to say that I just don't get it
I don't know where we went wrong
But the feelin's gone and I just can't get it back

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 28, 2016, 08:17:51 PM
One used Gordon Lightfoot record album. 
Sit Down Young Stranger (1970)
Record jacket: light scuffing
Dust sleeve: very good
Condition of vinyl: no scratches in playing area; 1/16 inch crack in spindle hole; the crack could be bored out in the manner of intercepting the beginning fracture in a Zildjian cymbal's mounting hole, but isn't necessary and might cause spindle ride off or elliptical warbling.
Inscription in the run out groove area: "gnothi seauton"
Autographed on Side 1 label by Oscar Levant
Autographed on Side 2 label by Steve McQueen
Serious inquiries only please.

Would you be willing to trade it for a copy of "Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison" autographed by Oscar Mayer and Butterfly McQueen?

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 29, 2016, 10:33:09 AM
Would you be willing to trade it for a copy of "Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison" autographed by Oscar Mayer and Butterfly McQueen?

I try to limit duplicates in my collection.  I have JC's Folsom Prison album autographed by Gary Collins (signed as Dr. Michael Rhodes) and I have Thelma McQueen's autograph and former Romper Room host Edna Anderson-Taylor's autograph on a pair of boxing gloves used by Ali in a charity exhibition match with Bob Keeshan.  These gloves really do float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. (There's still some "Kangaroo" blood/DNA on the leather.  It was a brutal match.)

(Regarding Oscar Ferdinand Mayer, who died in 1955:  I have serious suspicions that he was involved in the going ons at White Chapel.  ((I have seen the travel logs.)) Such an autograph would be extremely valuable in my ongoing Ripper research.  But such an autograph appearing on the much later Folsom Prison album indicates blatant forgery.  It could ALMOST have happened with the 1955 Folsom Prison Blues single by Cash instead of the 1968 album, but Oscar croaked in March and Johnny cut that vinyl in July of 1955.  Perhaps your Cash album is autographed by Oscar's son, Oscar G.  Check the slant of the "O." And he often drew a little hot dog after his name.)

I'm actually looking for cash (pardon the pun) instead of trades.  Moving to an island; setting up my own Goldeneye compound, as it were.

http://www.theflemingvilla.com/

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 29, 2016, 10:09:49 PM
I try to limit duplicates in my collection.  I have JC's Folsom Prison album autographed by Gary Collins (signed as Dr. Michael Rhodes) and I have Thelma McQueen's autograph and former Romper Room host Edna Anderson-Taylor's autograph on a pair of boxing gloves used by Ali in a charity exhibition match with Bob Keeshan.  These gloves really do float like a butterfly and sting like a bee. (There's still some "Kangaroo" blood/DNA on the leather.  It was a brutal match.)

(Regarding Oscar Ferdinand Mayer, who died in 1955:  I have serious suspicions that he was involved in the going ons at White Chapel.  ((I have seen the travel logs.)) Such an autograph would be extremely valuable in my ongoing Ripper research.  But such an autograph appearing on the much later Folsom Prison album indicates blatant forgery.  It could ALMOST have happened with the 1955 Folsom Prison Blues single by Cash instead of the 1968 album, but Oscar croaked in March and Johnny cut that vinyl in July of 1955.  Perhaps your Cash album is autographed by Oscar's son, Oscar G.  Check the slant of the "O." And he often drew a little hot dog after his name.)

I'm actually looking for cash (pardon the pun) instead of trades.  Moving to an island; setting up my own Goldeneye compound, as it were.

http://www.theflemingvilla.com/

Actually, the album was signed by Oscar G. Mayer, Jr., the great, unsung humanitarian who ordered the destruction of two million of the popular Oscar Mayer Wiener Whistles (I have one autographed by Harry Dean Stanton and Jan Smithers) because of concerns they were choking hazards even though four out of five doctors claimed the risks were minimal. I apologize profusely for any misunderstanding. And all I'll say about the Butterfly McQueen autograph is that you don't want to know what I had to do to get it unless you don't mind seeing it every time you close your eyes for the rest of your life.

Funny you should mention Romper Room, because I have an official posture basket autographed by Russ Meyer and Jack Chick, and am presently entertaining all serious offers. And speaking of brutal boxing exhibitions, few can equal the infamous "Battle of the PBS Stars" bout from the early eighties in which Mr. Rogers went from Jake LaMotta to Jake "The Snake" Roberts in the same round while administering this savage, unsportsmanlike beat down to Julia Child.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0Pfj4MVUZE

Regarding Oscar Ferdinand Mayer, who died in 1955:  I have serious suspicions that he was involved in the going ons at White Chapel.  ((I have seen the travel logs.)) Such an autograph would be extremely valuable in my ongoing Ripper research.

That's an intriguing theory and well worth exploring further. Have you by chance considered the possibility that Herman Mudgett (aka Dr. Henry Holmes), with his boarding house of horrors, wasn't the only mass murderer active during the 1893 Columbian Exposition in Chicago? It turns out that OFM was there as well, as the sponsor of the German Exhibition and numerous polka bands. It's certainly not a stretch to imagine that he very well may have taken the opportunity to hone his filleting skills at the same time. Some will undoubtedly scoff and say that's a lot of baloney, but it seems plausible to me.

ItsOver

...(Regarding Oscar Ferdinand Mayer, who died in 1955:  I have serious suspicions that he was involved in the going ons at White Chapel.  ((I have seen the travel logs.)) ...
Oscar, White Chapel... I believe you may have something there, Watson.  But why, oh why, would anyone suspect a purveyor of processed meat products of horrific murders?  Then again, maybe all the victims were not discovered due to, let us say, further care, feeding, and THEN a proper disposal of any evidence?  Maybe some of Oscar's many selections just didn't make the grade for further refinement and, thus, ended up littering the streets of The Big Smoke.  Eh, none of us are perfect but, for goodness sake, clean-up after yourself properly, Oscar!  At least Cliffy made the grade for you.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on December 29, 2016, 10:33:09 AM
Who can use "Johnny Cash", "Oscar Mayer" and "Butterfly McQueen" in a sentence?  Ghostwolf do!!  ...and I love it.  Reminds me of the awful WWII-vintage story my dad told:

Teacher asks little Frankie to use these three words in a sentence:  defense, defeat and detail. 
Little Frankie thinks a moment, and says: 

De cat jump over de fence;
de feet before de tail.

(Happy new Year to all MSTies worldwide.  Circulate the tapes)

K_Dubb

Quote from: Étouffée on December 30, 2016, 04:14:03 PM
Who can use "Johnny Cash", "Oscar Mayer" and "Butterfly McQueen" in a sentence?  Ghostwolf do!!  ...and I love it.  Reminds me of the awful WWII-vintage story my dad told:

Teacher asks little Frankie to use these three words in a sentence:  defense, defeat and detail. 
Little Frankie thinks a moment, and says: 

De cat jump over de fence;
de feet before de tail.

(Happy new Year to all MSTies worldwide.  Circulate the tapes)

My dad has a slightly different version:  Defeat of deduct went over defense before detail.