• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Queen

october 18th/19th show, befor the first half hour break first hour, George is talking about a man who had to get his leg cut off and went in for the surgery only to come out with the wrong leg amputated. So, you know our George LMAO.  He had to ask the question!!!

If a man goes in to hosptia to get his leg removed and comes out with the wrong leg removed, and he still has to have the other leg removed what does that man do? LOL  no way in hell did he say that with a str8 face LOL.

You douche George, the man would obvioulsy crawl then LMAO.

valdez

"How does a civilization get buried under so much sand.  Didn't they dust?"
      Seemingly silly, but actually a good question from George Noory to "lost ancient civilization" guy, Graham Hancock.  How does a civilization find itself buried beneath the earth?  Graham said they just pick up and leave.  I guess that makes sense considering back then you had to follow the food.  Bison.  Caribou.  Squirrel monkeys.  Wasn't Hancock on last month?  Maybe not.  After a while these lost civilization guys start to sound the same.

b_dubb

the Sunday night show was pretty ridiculous.  ET's aren't aliens.  they're tricky demons passing themselves off as aliens

i understand that the UFO well has run dry.  but spinning in the "Exorcist" isn't going to help

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on October 19, 2010, 09:32:36 AM
the Sunday night show was pretty ridiculous.  ET's aren't aliens.  they're tricky demons passing themselves off as aliens

I've ALWAYS thought that they were demons.  It seems a more likely scenario than aliens from a galaxy far away. 

b_dubb

Quote from: general jamison johnson on October 19, 2010, 05:09:06 PM

I've ALWAYS thought that they were demons.  It seems a more likely scenario than aliens from a galaxy far away.

why?

The General

Quote from: b_dubb on October 19, 2010, 05:09:52 PM
Quote from: general jamison johnson on October 19, 2010, 05:09:06 PM

why?

Because demons are already here.  (if you believe in that sort of thing.)  ET's would have to come from light years away.  And for what?  Just to jack off a few trailer dwellers and probe Witley Streiber's ass?  Why would technologically advanced space aliens come here just to mess with us?  Demons mess with us cause that's their fucking job.  If you follow me.  And they have the power to shape shift into whatever they want to present themselves to us as.  I guess I'm more in line with what Father Martin would say about it than what most UFOlogists would say.

I don't necessarily believe in Demons, but I don't believe in space aliens either.  IF it is a real phenomenon, then I'd have to vote that it's demons.  Evil spirits of some kind.  In centuries past there are all sorts of stories about strange beings appearing to people, munchkins, witches, goblins, fairies, etc.  Demons would choose to show themselves as something believable by the people being terrorized.  Munchkins just aren't scary anymore.  But little grey space aliens?  That works.  So they pose as aliens. 

That's always been my threory anyway.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SnapT on October 19, 2010, 05:52:10 PM
Anybody here see Noory calling into Alex Jones' live 27-hour marathon?  It was entertaining.

I doubt that Art would have ever called a show like this.  Despite what George said about giving Jones more time on his show, I got the impression he called just to get him off his back.  Listen to how Jones grovels for C2C air time.

valdez

Dr. Len Horowitz was all over the place.  According to his website he's a natural healer, a scholar, and a prophet.  He spent a lot of time talking about some freaky things at the Denver International Airport, and I'm thinking, "yeah, whatever," but then I checked out this stuff.  Its freaky.
denver airport bronco sculpture night view1 Mysterious Murals and Monuments at the Denver Airport
     While working on this statue (that stands out side the airport) the artist was killed when it fell on him.  His family finished it.  It's a blue horse with red eyes.  Here are a few links to some other freaky details:

http://extraordinaryintelligence.com/970/the-unexplained/mysterious-murals-and-monuments-at-the-denver-airport/

http://web.mac.com/len15/WAR_on_We_The_People/Denver_Airport_Murals_Explained.html

valdez

Mathematician and scientist Charles Seife touching upon everything from the tragic Minnesota election farce that gave us Senator Al Franken, to the possible answer to the mystery of dark matter, with no time to spend on anything in particular because George wasn't gonna let that happen.  After all, whats the point of preparing five hundred questions if you're not going to use them?  And whats the point of using a tired old phrase like "that's right up your alley", when you can blurt out something more interesting like "that's right up your baseball"?  Huh?  What?  Classic George.

mylesstam

Quote from: conllo on April 07, 2008, 01:27:10 AM
You know Art always sad that he really disliked being refered to a legend and or why people who listened to him thought of him that way!!
Well Art like my self, I istened to voice or subject that I found very very interesting, and it was very entertaining, but it really became more than that,
because we listened for so long, that voice became like that of a comforting friend, and even when we didnt agrea it a really rare connection when you
that most people have long since lost trust in there world around, it rare to find some one you feel that you can trust and actually there company.

I agree. I find Art's voice soothing and use to fall asleep to his show (sometimes he would keep me up all night with certain topics). I still fall asleep to old Art Bell shows. Like a nice lulabye. I think the bottom line is Art Bell was an very interesting person who shared his personal life to some degree on the airwaves. Radio, Ham, Cats, his wife/family, RV's, technology, and a whole host of other topics that he could speak upon with a high degree of intelligence. But, Art also cut across many different social lines. He could talk to the left and the right of the political spectrum. He talked to the science geeks, the UFO buffs and the supernatural beings floating around our Universe. What does George Noory speak about? He does not bring an authentic personality to the airwaves which makes him sound like a Bufoon.

I wonder if he is suppose to be simple. Is he scripted as just a cutout host. Makes everyone else seem intelligent in comparison. He is not talking to the intelligent well read information hungry folks on the cutting edge. He takes a nonconfrontational viewpoint. The subjects he has an opinion on are subjects that cannot be proved or have no consequential meanings. "There are no coincidences!". Who can prove that? Who really cares? It is a layered religious imperative. Code for a certain segment of people who are not looking for answers but have already made up their minds and want someone who supports a certain veiwpoint. George tried to play Art Bells part for many years after he took over. Intelligent interview radio. But it just didn't work out. The show had to find new listeners and they tapped into the Clearchannel Right Wing viewpoint. I can't say everyone in that population segment is a certain type of person. C2C is scripted for and appealing to a certain type of person, with a definative viewpoint and a level of intellect. I can't stand the fake open lines at C2C not 'Because' they are screened but because of the topics and people they do let through the screeners. Listener calls with Art were pot luck and not everyone was a sharp knife in the drawer. Yet, Art got many more highly intelligent, deep thinking people to drop a line and be included in moving a conversation forward in a meaningful way.

David

Maybe George's mustache is made from chocolate milks. And then that's why he licks his lip flap so much.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on October 22, 2010, 05:47:46 AM
And whats the point of using a tired old phrase like "that's right up your alley", when you can blurt out something more interesting like "that's right up your baseball"?  Huh?  What?  Classic George.
what?  did he really?

valdez

Quote from: MV on October 23, 2010, 12:07:06 AM
And whats the point of using a tired old phrase like "that's right up your alley", when you can blurt out something more interesting like "that's right up your baseball"?  Huh?  What?  Classic George.
what?  did he really?
Yeah.  It was during the first hour with food safety guy Jeff Nelkin.  A listener called in an said he was in the restaurant business, so George says, "hey, thats right up your...baseball."  No correction.  No self effacing humor.  He just plowed on through.  I seem to recall Bruce Willis shooting someone who had screwed up the "raining cats and dogs" line because it had given the person away as being a terrorist.  I ain't saying George is terrorist, but he is a screw up.  I'm also sensing a little tension between George and producer Tom.  Very low frequency.  Just below the radar.   

11angeleyes11

Quote from: valdez on October 23, 2010, 06:11:00 AM
Quote from: MV on October 23, 2010, 12:07:06 AM
what?  did he really?
Yeah.  It was during the first hour with food safety guy Jeff Nelkin.  A listener called in an said he was in the restaurant business, so George says, "hey, thats right up your...baseball."  No correction.  No self effacing humor.  He just plowed on through.  I seem to recall Bruce Willis shooting someone who had screwed up the "raining cats and dogs" line because it had given the person away as being a terrorist.  I ain't saying George is terrorist, but he is a screw up.  I'm also sensing a little tension between George and producer Tom.  Very low frequency.  Just below the radar.
I've never heard that expresssion before.  How about up your football?  Or it could be expressed even better, up your soccor, or to be inline with most desciptions, suckor?

I found your last comment interesting about the low frequency tension.  I know from reading the forum, that you seem to listen many nights.  What caused you to notice this?  Do you have any examples?  I always that George had total control over the show creatively, but after reading the letter posted on this forum, it appears he does not.

I listened to Brad Steiger last night and as always thought it was entertaining.  After all, he has so much information to provide that the host would not have to be in a lead position.  I did notice this, however, for next weeks schedule, there are not a lot of Halloween or paranomal topics.  This is Halloween leadin week, and that is supposed to be the holiday season for creatures and topics of the night.  There is EVP's next week with Art, but I do not think the financial show with Katherine Austin Fitts counts.  I enjoy her shows, but I would just have liked more spooky topics. 

mylesstam

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 23, 2010, 10:28:37 AM
I found your last comment interesting about the low frequency tension.  I know from reading the forum, that you seem to listen many nights.  What caused you to notice this?  Do you have any examples?  I always that George had total control over the show creatively, but after reading the letter posted on this forum, it appears he does not.

What letter? Can you post a link?

valdez

I found your last comment interesting about the low frequency tension.  I know from reading the forum, that you seem to listen many nights.  What caused you to notice this?  Do you have any examples? 
Two examples:  About a month ago Tom asked George a question sent in from a listener (one of those "text questions").  It was, "what scares you most?"  George answered, "a family member being murdered."  Tom was surprised.  I suppose he was expecting something along the lines of, "clowns", or "bigfoot", or "the latest Arbitron ratings", and then George said, "well, that's my answer, that's what scares me, I'm sorry you don't like that answer."   It was said in a very "off-air" mode.  Then last night Tom relayed this question:  "Do you ever get (in front of crowds) nervous?".  George said, "no, I'm very comfortable, you know that."  And Tom says, "I know that, but the listener didn't know that."
     Like I said.  It's subtle. 

11angeleyes11

Quote from: valdez on October 23, 2010, 02:01:38 PM
I found your last comment interesting about the low frequency tension.  I know from reading the forum, that you seem to listen many nights.  What caused you to notice this?  Do you have any examples? 
Two examples:  About a month ago Tom asked George a question sent in from a listener (one of those "text questions").  It was, "what scares you most?"  George answered, "a family member being murdered."  Tom was surprised.  I suppose he was expecting something along the lines of, "clowns", or "bigfoot", or "the latest Arbitron ratings", and then George said, "well, that's my answer, that's what scares me, I'm sorry you don't like that answer."   It was said in a very "off-air" mode.  Then last night Tom relayed this question:  "Do you ever get (in front of crowds) nervous?".  George said, "no, I'm very comfortable, you know that."  And Tom says, "I know that, but the listener didn't know that."
Hmmm.  I did not hear either.  My listening has been sporadic.  I usually try to catch the first hour, and if it is a topic I want to hear, I have been listening to Streamlink, I mean Coast Insider the next day.  Because I like Brad Steiger, I stayed up and listened to the first two hours live.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: mylesstam on October 23, 2010, 11:31:52 AM
[size=78%]I found your last comment interesting about the low frequency tension.  I know from reading the forum, that you seem to listen many nights.  What caused you to notice this?  Do you have any examples?  I always that George had total control over the show creatively, but after reading the letter posted on this forum, it appears he does not.[/size]

[size=78%] [/size]
[size=78%]What letter? Can you post a link?[/size]

http://www.coastgab.com/index.php/topic,1966.msg26077.html#msg26077

robey1129

Quote from: 11angeleyes11 on October 23, 2010, 03:55:45 PM
Quote from: valdez on October 23, 2010, 02:01:38 PM
Hmmm.  I did not hear either.  My listening has been sporadic.  I usually try to catch the first hour, and if it is a topic I want to hear, I have been listening to Streamlink, I mean Coast Insider the next day.  Because I like Brad Steiger, I stayed up and listened to the first two hours live.

I don't know about you all...but I have a hard time believin' these are real text questions from real people. These so-called "text questions" offered by the other asshole are contrived to get Snoory out of a uncomfortable or run on callers. I mean...who wants to know what scares Noory or if he ever gets nervous in front of crowd. Wait...come to think of it....probably about 99.9 percent of his fans. When they enter middle school, they will start asking more in-depth questions like "Do you sing in the shower?"

MV/Liberace!

so, somebody explain this to me.

does tom literally just pop in, during the middle of the show, and start reading some gay assed question from a purported listener?  for noory?  really?

ringthane

Quote from: MV on October 24, 2010, 03:56:09 AM
so, somebody explain this to me.

does tom literally just pop in, during the middle of the show, and start reading some gay assed question from a purported listener?  for noory?  really?

I also picked up on the funny vibe Valdez mentioned. About a month ago a caller got through for a guest that clearly should not have; Snooralicious terminated the call quickly and basically gave a 'wtf?' on air. He didn't handle it well/smoothly, but his word choice (escapes me at the moment) indicated he was pissed at Tom.

re: Tom popping in -- this is one thing about C2C and 'new' radio that irks me with the whole behind the scenes crap with everybody but the building's janitor popping in. It screams HEY LOOK AT US WE'RE NOT **OLD** RADIO WE'RE **NEW** CRAZY GONZO LAIDBACK CASUAL TGI FRIDAYS RESTAURANT WITH INSANE SHIT HANGING FROM THE WALLS BUT ON THE AIRWAVES RADIO!!!

This new culture of producers becoming quasi-personalities in their own right is dumb. And besides, Tom and Snoorville handle it with the élan of two 10-year olds with a Mr. Microphone.

Maybe I haven't made it clear -- I miss Art.

MV, I take it from your posts you don't listen to Noory?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on October 24, 2010, 08:51:21 AM
MV, I take it from your posts you don't listen to Noory?
no, i just can't handle it.  for years now, i've read in various places people saying, "if he bothers you so much, then stop listening."  sooo... i took that advice.

valdez

Zecharia Sitchin died (6/11/1920-10/9/2010).  His family delayed the release of the news until yesterday.  George did a quick mention of it last night. and I'm sure he'll do a show in memoriam one of these days, but why is there no mention of it on the c2c website?  This was one of George's main buddies, the planet X, ancient astronauts guy.  After "good point", and "absolutely", "Zecharia Sitchin" comes out of George's mouth more than anything else.  A sentence.  A picture.  Something.

ringthane

This is painful. I like Noory (I really do, he seems likable enough of a guy), but he sucks. Joshua P. Warren is an ass.

Just now (about 4:40 AM EST, 10/27/10) --

JPW gives a 2 minute or so monolog/breakdown on alcohol/liquor 'spirits' and alcohol's ability to change one's personality, thus man's view of liquor as 'spirits.' Nothing new here, but interesting enough. About 2 minute explanation. JPW wraps up explanation.

Brief pause.

Noory: "Good for you."

You couldn't script buffoonery this painful.

b_dubb

JPW is a complete waste of skin.  he and Noory make a perfect match.

I heard the text question about what scares George. I didn't get the feeling George was being a dick as much as he was trying to be far too serious about his humanity. Like "If you touch my kids, I'll kill you". I also heard the question about his public speaking, but didn't pay attention to the response because that's when I zone out about his public appearances.

I'm sure the text questions are legit, but they are the product of a dull audience. They might get a few good ones, but Tommy will never bother to ask them because they aren't going to force George to think more then he has to. It's Friday night and he has to catch an early flight!

Same with the "Fast Blasts". There was one so mind-numbingly bad during a crypto-type guest a few weeks ago I can't remember what it was, but I couldn't believe it was read on the air.

George doesn't handle technical screwups or callers who go off topic well. He's used to his producer mapping it all out for him.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: ringthane on October 27, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
This is painful. I like Noory (I really do, he seems likable enough of a guy), but he sucks. Joshua P. Warren is an ass.

Just now (about 4:40 AM EST, 10/27/10) --

JPW gives a 2 minute or so monolog/breakdown on alcohol/liquor 'spirits' and alcohol's ability to change one's personality, thus man's view of liquor as 'spirits.' Nothing new here, but interesting enough. About 2 minute explanation. JPW wraps up explanation.

Brief pause.

Noory: "Good for you."

You couldn't script buffoonery this painful.

LMAO, thank you,  I just woke up, and that was the 1st great laugh of may day. Cheers.

b_dubb

Quote from: GeorgeFuckingNooryThis Fast Blast just in ... Bertram McFertenberg in Asshat, PA says eating eFoods causes explosive diahrea.  Um ... maybe we should slow down the Fast Blasting? We may have just lost a sponsor