George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on October 27, 2010, 02:51:06 AM
Noory: "Good for you."
was it his typical "good for youuuuuuuuuuu!" with the exceedingly protracted, patronizing vowel at the end?

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on October 27, 2010, 09:59:37 PM
was it his typical "good for youuuuuuuuuuu!" with the exceedingly protracted, patronizing vowel at the end?

No.  That would suggest some modicum of intellectual engagement in the conversation.  It was the type of "good for you" that was equivalent to: "I'm glad you're finished"; "I didn't listen to a thing you said"; and "Why do I suck so much?"

ringthane

Quote from: Marc Knight on October 27, 2010, 11:08:02 PM
Quote from: MV on October 27, 2010, 09:59:37 PM

No.  That would suggest some modicum of intellectual engagement in the conversation.  It was the type of "good for you" that was equivalent to: "I'm glad you're finished"; "I didn't listen to a thing you said"; and "Why do I suck so much?"

This.

The pause was just a 1/2 second too long and I think Snoory realized he had to reach into his stock answer bag.

Honest to pete, I don't know what's up with Snoory. Sometimes his enthusiasm/earnestness is so thick it's sickening, like a kid talking about his Christmas wish list to Santa (ie, his recent interview with Catherine Austen Fitts). Other times, he's so detached/disconnected from the topic at hand you have to wonder why he even bothers showing up.

If I hear that asshat numbers lady tell Noory one more time his numbers make him a born communicator I'll vomit in my mouth.

ringthane

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on October 27, 2010, 02:47:26 PM
I heard the text question about what scares George. I didn't get the feeling George was being a dick as much as he was trying to be far too serious about his humanity. Like "If you touch my kids, I'll kill you". I also heard the question about his public speaking, but didn't pay attention to the response because that's when I zone out about his public appearances.

I'm sure the text questions are legit, but they are the product of a dull audience. They might get a few good ones, but Tommy will never bother to ask them because they aren't going to force George to think more then he has to. It's Friday night and he has to catch an early flight!

Same with the "Fast Blasts". There was one so mind-numbingly bad during a crypto-type guest a few weeks ago I can't remember what it was, but I couldn't believe it was read on the air.

George doesn't handle technical screwups or callers who go off topic well. He's used to his producer mapping it all out for him.

You nailed it with George's extravagant perception of his own humanity. He does this so often in so many subtle ways.

The texts and fast blasts, and now the insipid insta-polls. He's having one tonight for the show's reincarnation topic. God knows that coming out of every commercial break, George is going to give us a breakdown of the poll like it's some football score we give two shits about.

ringthane

George on the possibility of reincarnating as an animal:

Noory: "I want to be a dolphin."

For some reason, I envision Noory with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate smeared on his face, sitting behind the mic. He's like the Ralph Wiggum of talk radio.

valdez

Quote from: ringthane on October 28, 2010, 02:30:59 AM
"Are you born with karma?"  How could George be confused about this?  The only decent questions for Barbara Martin and Demitri Moraitis (reincarnation folks) were from callers.  Dolphins won't put up with this kind of crap.

ringthane

Quote from: valdez on October 28, 2010, 04:29:15 AM
"Are you born with karma?"  How could George be confused about this?  The only decent questions for Barbara Martin and Demitri Moraitis (reincarnation folks) were from callers.  Dolphins won't put up with this kind of crap.

His questions regarding karma and reincarnation made it clear he doesn't even have a rudimentary knowledge of the subjects. Reciprocity? kind of hard to grasp the concept when you can't pronounce it.

Shows like this are terrible because George didn't question even *once* the basic premise if reincarnation is real. What is their research? Methodologies? Case studies? Reincarnation across various cultures/religions? Nothing. Nada. One dipshit host, two airy fairy guests, one new age suckfest.

b_dubb

Quote from: GeorgeFuckingNooryI want to BE a dolphin

you guys are misquoting Noory.  he said he wanted to BEAT a dolphin to death with a crobar.  sounds awfully similar

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on October 28, 2010, 10:06:20 AM
Quote from: GeorgeFuckingNooryI want to BE a dolphin

you guys are misquoting Noory.  he said he wanted to BEAT a dolphin to death with a crobar.  sounds awfully similar
are you sure it wasn't "beat off to" a dolphin?

b_dubb

i considered going that direction with my barb but instead opted for the high road.  silly me

George on the possibility of reincarnating as an animal:

For some reason, I envision Noory with graham cracker crumbs and chocolate smeared on his face, sitting behind the mic. He's like the Ralph Wiggum of talk radio.

hahahahaha

I'm shocked he didn't say "dull-phin".........but that would be apropos.

ringthane

For people that skip Ian's shows because you dislike/can't stand him, you missed one heck of a show tonight with guest Peter Levenda on political witchcraft. Kabbalah, freemasonry, the crusades, Salem, Nazis, Communists, project paperclip, hoax alien invasion (a la Werner Von Braun) to usher in a one world government... lots of conjecture and wild stuff backed up with seemingly sound research.

I like Ian but my one knock on him is that he talks too much/interrupts a guest's flow. Tonight, Ian was mostly tight and delivered a great interview.

Shows like this are emblematic of why Noory sucks -- George would just fail miserably with a guest like Peter Levenda.

Somehow, I feel as though Premiere doesn't want these hardcore, old-school C2C topics on air from Monday thru Friday.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on October 31, 2010, 03:00:22 AM
Somehow, I feel as though Premiere doesn't want these hardcore, old-school C2C topics on air from Monday thru Friday.
i think you're right.  they'd prefer we listen to shows about omega 3 fish oil.

valdez

Quote from: ringthane on November 02, 2010, 02:27:19 AM
The big gaping hole in the bible code and similar esoterica -- it's easy to go back to a source text (Nostradamus, book of revelation, etc) and after an 'event', find a pattern in the text to prove there was precognitive mumbo jumbo going on...Yawn. Whatever.
Yeah.  Except for a short appearance by Richard C., the show was pretty dull.  Aspartame?  Boring.  Bible code stuff?  Please.  I've had it with these "codes".  I should write a book about...hmmm...lets see...yeah...The Liberace Code.  It'll tie in his music and wardrobe into a complex mathematical formula to predict things in the future, and the past, and the present, but mostly the past.  Damn, he was one snazzy ass dresser.

ringthane

"Excuse me as I slip into something a little more spectacular."

Interesting thing with Liberace -- according to wikipedia, he was born in the caul.

My Liberace story: this was back in the 80s, when high school tests could still be edited before they were distributed. I changed the final question to "Does Liberace's cape grant him the power of flight? Explain."

I was ratted out.

EvB

QuoteMy Liberace story: this was back in the 80s, when high school tests   could still be edited before they were distributed. I changed the final   question to "Does Liberace's cape grant him the power of flight?   Explain."

I would have given you extra points for hilarity.

b_dubb

i think its been demonstrated that any book of sufficient size will yield the same effect as the 'Bible Code'.  why C2C wastes time with Bible Code nonsense is beyond me.  but then they still do shows about crop circles

valdez

Quote from: ringthane on November 02, 2010, 07:33:21 AM
Interesting thing with Liberace -- according to wikipedia, he was born in the caul.

Hmmm.  This is something that can definitely be exploited used....

"Was Liberace, world famous entertainer and satorical genius, also a seer of things to come in the tradition of Nostradamus and Edgar Casey?  Did Liberace predict the such events as the French and Indian Wars, Watergate, and the downfall of O.J. Simpson?  What mystical secrets does Liberace, born in the caul, master showman raconteur, reveal to us today?"
                                    -excerpt from The Liberace Code.

Angeleyes, what happened to your post?  It was very cool and mysteriously disappeared.  Perhaps there are also "mysterious events" surrounding The Liberace Code.  Alright, I'm bored.  Already voted.  Procrastinating paying some bills.

punkinpie

Did you guys see this Facebook update?  Why do you think George is building a studio in Hawaii?

From George Noory: Hey gang...I'll be flying to St. Louis this Friday and will do the show
from there Friday night....I'll stay for the holidays before heading back
to LA in January. We are also in the process of building a remote studio in Hawaii. More
on that later and for the many who have asked for Android and Blackberry
apps for Streamlink/Coast Insider, I'm told they'll be ready by the end of November...so soon.[/color][/size]

danDNA

Quote from: punkinpie on November 02, 2010, 05:53:01 PM
[size=78%]Did you guys see this Facebook update?  Why do you think George is building a studio in Hawaii?[/size]

cos he is a megalomaniac millionaire muppet, superzero-villain wanabe?

i listened to C2C for the first time in a long time last week. and was surprised at what a good week it was!!! apart from george noory of course. dunno why i thought things would be any different. soo many speech problems, idiotic questions, shameless ignorance towards his guests' work and creepiness towards his callers - or rudeness if his first technique fails.
apart from that i had ART BELL back!!! what a treat! and george Knapp!!! a real reporter!! and ian punnett... who i dont actually mind anyway.hello everyone btw :-)

danDNA

hello Ev!

if there was a coast gab app for blackberry id be on here all the time. ive become affixed to the bloody thing, i keep getting blackberry poisoning in my thumbs, and have developed a tweet addiction :/

and still Noory sucks.

b_dubb

i wrote a book about how the earth is flat.  can i get some time on C2C please? 

I put on the last hour of c2c last night. George was talking about his board operator, bragging about calling him back into work directly from the ER after he had a possible HEART ATTACK. He was generally a jerk about it. I couldn't help but think of all of the "red-shirts" who were constantly dropping like flies in star trek. Anybody else catch this?

He also mentioned ordering up two more board ops. His tone likens them to value priced items at a drive thru. I remember him clarifying that he was unable to operate his own board due to the presence of several computers. WTF?  ???

valdez

Quote from: guildnavigator on November 03, 2010, 11:08:43 AM
I put on the last hour of c2c last night. George was talking about his board operator, bragging about calling him back into work directly from the ER after he had a possible HEART ATTACK. He was generally a jerk about it. I couldn't help but think of all of the "red-shirts" who were constantly dropping like flies in star trek. Anybody else catch this?

He also mentioned ordering up two more board ops. His tone likens them to value priced items at a drive thru. I remember him clarifying that he was unable to operate his own board due to the presence of several computers. WTF?  ???
Yep.  I caught it.  MV posted a ham radio interview with Art (its somewhere around here) where Art mentions that Noory does not operate his own board.  First of all, if an employee of mine got carted away by an ambulance, and then it turned out he was going to be alright, he gets the rest of the day off.  Period.  I don't even think about trying to get him to come in.  Second of all, what is a "board"?  Can't producer Tom run this thing?  Being a producer is a fancy title, where you probably have to know how to do everything.  I don't know much about the broadcast radio world.  I might be underestimating the importance and complexity of this "board", still the whole scene definitely made George seem like a jerk.

Ruteger

"Absolutely"

"Geez"

The third I cannot type here. It's like that disgusting sound you make when you hear a story about about something gross. Maybe "Eeuhh"?

How is this man still on the air?!?  >:(

b_dubb

is a board for mixing sound?  or monitoring callers?  does anyone know?  does george know?  is it time to upgrade this thread from "George Noory Sucks" to "George Fucking Noory Sucks Pig Sphincter"?

I like Noorey.  I could not do what he does.  Plus, he has to deal with great callers and some really dumb ones as well.

It's a great show and super listening.  I listen as I work on the computer...all darned night! :)

Don, Las Vegas