• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

starrmtn001

Quote from: valdez on September 18, 2010, 05:45:02 AM
     The only thing I liked about George's Queen Mary Show was the live audience, but why did they only applaud at the top and bottom of each hour?  I thought Captain Kelly Sweeney, who gave us all those useless updates during the oil spill, deserved a round of applause.  What?  No applause for Richard "the wildman" C. Hoagland?  Stanton Friedman, the father of modern bullshit artist ufology?  Producer Tom?  Why the leash on the audience?  Heck, George could have cued up the audience to join him every time he said "absolutely!", and "good point!". That would have been cool.

Maybe everyone got bored and left.  snoory had to resort to canned applause.  Doesn't take too many times for one to hear canned applause before one recognizes it's canned.  Just sayin'.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ItsJustKK on September 18, 2010, 11:17:07 AM
:D  Love the Snoory crop circle (or maybe in this case it should be called a crap circle)!

"Crap Circle."  I love it!   ;D ;D ;)    Only snoory could inspire such a term.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsJustKK on September 18, 2010, 08:59:23 AM
I was listening to the last hour of last night's show (couldn't sleep). It was a rebroadcast of Snoory interviewing some ghost hunter and discussing near death experiences. This part of the interview cracked me up:

Snoory: Is death suffocation, or do you just go? You just black out and you're gone?

Ghost Hunter: I don't know George, I haven't died yet. [laughter]

Snoory: Well I know.

Now I thought that was funny. But ultimately, I'm very angry and frustrated that this moron remains to be the host of what used to be and could be a decent radio show in the hands of someone who is able to conduct an intelligent interview.
it IS very angering, isn't it.

I hear the audience got a weekend pass from a local group home. What an effing bore. I don't know what any of the people who were guests actually DID aside from being part of some quasi-ghost hunting groups. The best was when the Queen Snoor called it "The Texas Chainsaw Mass-Scar". Someone called in from Nighthawk Zone and had a great question for one guest.......how did you become interested in the paranormal? This about 40 minutes after he was introduced. Those Nighthawks are as great interviewers as their hero. Then the Snoor ducks out early.

tmock00

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on September 18, 2010, 07:02:41 PM
The best was when the Queen Snoor called it "The Texas Chainsaw Mass-Scar".

I heard that, too.  Like nails raking a chalkboard.

b_dubb

re: George's ridiculous hair

i think everyone has thought that the hunk of dark matter on top of George's skull is his actual hair but that it was just really badly colored.  like ... REALLY badly colored.  but it occurred to me that it might in fact be a hairpiece.

George Noory: Hair Club for Men member?

Strel

I wised up some time ago and turned off C2C when the regular host is on...

The defining moment came when I noticed George repeatedly asking, "Do you remember that movie..."  or  "what was the name of that television show...".  It's disappointing that a man his age relies on contemporary film and television as his sole frame of reference for interview material.  He seems to have almost no real-world experience or education to draw upon.  (By education I mean self-learning; reading, natural curiosity, travel, etc...not his broadcast degree which he sees fit to mention quite often.)

It's also painfully apparent George does very little research regarding guest topics, beyond reading their website biographies.  That's puzzling given the fact he has no other responsibilities.  He does not run the board, program music, or touch the phone bank.  He just sits there in front of the microphone like a rock.  A high-paid rock.  In a cheap suit and a disastrous hairpiece. 

What makes him intolerable is the bizarre way in which he's run arms wide open into the celebrity world.  He can't seem to absorb enough of the limelight; rubbing noses with movie stars, spamming trade conventions, signing autographs and abusing his limo privileges.  Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

The fact that he chooses to wallow in that lifestyle (which Art considered anathema) while running 'Coast' into the ground is what riles me the most.

I do miss Art...

robey1129

Thank you Strel.
I think you summed it up rather suscinctly (again).
I started listening to c2c back in the mid 80s. When Art was hosting I could always count on being challenged, entertained, intrigued and educated.
Now, when Noory is on, all I get is high blood pressure and a sore throat from yelling at the radio.

b_dubb

Quote from: Strel on September 20, 2010, 06:36:37 PM
What makes him intolerable is the bizarre way in which he's run arms wide open into the celebrity world.  He can't seem to absorb enough of the limelight; rubbing noses with movie stars, spamming trade conventions, signing autographs and abusing his limo privileges.  Champagne wishes and caviar dreams!

i find this surprising.  what asshat celebrity douche would want to hang out with george? david hasselhoff?

Strel

Quote from: robey1129 on September 20, 2010, 08:57:38 PM
Thank you Strel.
I think you summed it up rather suscinctly (again).
I started listening to c2c back in the mid 80s. When Art was hosting I could always count on being challenged, entertained, intrigued and educated.
Now, when Noory is on, all I get is high blood pressure and a sore throat from yelling at the radio.

;)

I agree, Art was all those things.

In retrospect I suppose I took it for granted how entertaining his show really was.  When George first took the reigns he seemed to be 'Art Lite', in that he didn't challenge the guests, or probe weighty subjects, but I just assumed he needed time to find his way.  Now I realize he was never capable of soloing 'Coast'.  He's simply not equipped mentally or technically.  He doesn't know his job.

He seems blissfully unaware of that fact though...go figure.

He has it quite easy;  just fill the seat, collect a check, then scramble off to the nearest UFO conference to soak up misplaced adulation and martinis... *nice*

robey1129

Again...you have hit the nail on the proverbial head!
Noory may have some folks fooled, but most C2C listeners can see through his "nice guy' charade and realize he really doesn't care much about anything (except maybe himself). He has seen sites like these...he has seen our critiques. Any self respecting broadcast journalist (and I use those terms lightly) would at least make an attempt to polish up their interviewing skills in light of what the public was saying. If anything, he has gotten worse over the years.
He doesn't give a shit.

Long time reader...first time poster.

George Noory is driving me completely nuts.  I scream at the radio.."you damned moron"...I'm sure this can't be good.  And he is going so RIGHT-WING. Just by goggling some of his guests you can find out that they are quacks, frauds or racists. Or all 3.

I feel so much better now that I got that off my chest.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ms.  Smartypants on September 21, 2010, 12:22:32 AM

George Noory is driving me completely nuts.  I scream at the radio.."you damned moron"...I'm sure this can't be good.  And he is going so RIGHT-WING. Just by goggling some of his guests you can find out that they are quacks, frauds or racists. Or all 3.

art used to be somewhat right wing during the earlier days of the show back in the 1990s, but he executed the dissemination of his views in a pleasant, inoffensive way that people didn't feel politicized the show.  george is spending his nights docking with the likes of alex jones and other good, old fashioned jew haters/paranoids.  there's a reason art never gave alex jones a voice on the show, and it's one of the things i respect most about him.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Ms.  Smartypants on September 21, 2010, 12:22:32 AM

and i almost forgot to say... welcome to the forums!  i noticed a FEW new people in this thread.  hello to u all.

Thanks MV and I really enjoyed (LOLed) your list of George's hoof and mouth disease (oops)...his foot and mouth disease.

valdez

We needed another show on near death experience like we need another Foreigner album, but the first hour with Bill Spillane on the Fair Tax was worth it.  Here it is in a nutshell:
     1.  The income tax is repealed.
     2.  A 23% sales tax is imposed on all new purchases.
     3.  Presently, the stuff we buy has about 23% of cost due to taxes that have been passed along the way in making the stuff, so the price goes down 23%, then the sales tax comes in.  Huh?  Did the price of anything change? Not by much.
     4.  You keep every dime you make.  No deductions.
     5.  Everyone gets a check every month to cover the tax on basic stuff (like bread, milk, cigarettes ) calculated on the poverty level, or something.  Yeah, everyone.  Even Bill Gates.  It's called the "fair" tax.
     6.  Huh?  You want more?  You keep all your money, the price of goods has remained the same, you're getting a check from the Government, businesses are knocking you down to get back into this country to do business, drug lords and Treasury Secretaries are now paying their share of taxes, money is rolling in, old people's social security checks ain't bouncing, what more can anyone want?
     Sounds good to me.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: valdez on September 21, 2010, 05:30:35 AM
     We needed another show on near death experience like we need another Foreigner album, but the first hour with Bill Spillane on the Fair Tax was worth it.  Here it is in a nutshell:
     3.  Presently, the stuff we buy has about 23% of cost due to taxes that have been passed along the way in making the stuff, so the price goes down 23%, then the sales tax comes in.  Huh?  Did the price of anything change? Not by much.
     5.  Everyone gets a check every month to cover the tax on basic stuff (like bread, milk, cigarettes ) calculated on the poverty level, or something.  Yeah, everyone.  Even Bill Gates.  It's called the "fair" tax.
     6.  Huh?  You want more?  You keep all your money, the price of goods has remained the same, you're getting a check from the Government, businesses are knocking you down to get back into this country to do business, drug lords and Treasury Secretaries are now paying their share of taxes, money is rolling in, old people's social security checks ain't bouncing, what more can anyone want?
     Sounds good to me.
agreed.

Strel

George:    "ok, now by over the counter, you mean non-prescription?"   

b_dubb

recent bullshit that spilled out from george neocon's face

in a recent news bit about planned tax nonsense in the UK ... george neocon starts saying that in the UK they're proposing that paychecks be sent to the government where tax would be subtracted from pay and then the government would send the leftovers to the victim.  to further explain how this would work ... george neocon said REPEATEDLY that Uncle Sam would be the one snagging checks.  george neocon - UK has the Queen and the US has Uncle Sam.  they are two separate countries.  with separate tax systems.  i'm sure your MISTAKE was innocent and a result of your inability to get your shit straight and not a subliminal attempt to make paranoids think their paychecks were going to go directly to the Obama White House

i'm sure there are more.  but i can't write fast enough to capture a fraction of the volume of the bullshit that falls out of george neocon's face.  it's like a giant bull ass.  with a hairpiece.

b_dubb

Quote from: valdez on September 21, 2010, 05:30:35 AM
     Sounds good to me.

bill spillane is a right wing paranoid.  manufacturing was exported to third world countries by american corporations who were looking to drive down costs and increase profits.  the expectation by american workers to be paid a living wage simply won't pay for executive salary and bonuses. 

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 21, 2010, 09:58:36 PM
recent bullshit that spilled out from george neocon's face

in a recent news bit about planned tax nonsense in the UK ... george neocon starts saying that in the UK they're proposing that paychecks be sent to the government where tax would be subtracted from pay and then the government would send the leftovers to the victim.  to further explain how this would work ... george neocon said REPEATEDLY that Uncle Sam would be the one snagging checks.  george neocon - UK has the Queen and the US has Uncle Sam.  they are two separate countries.  with separate tax systems.  i'm sure your MISTAKE was innocent and a result of your inability to get your shit straight and not a subliminal attempt to make paranoids think their paychecks were going to go directly to the Obama White House

i'm sure there are more.  but i can't write fast enough to capture a fraction of the volume of the bullshit that falls out of george neocon's face.  it's like a giant bull ass.  with a hairpiece.
if that was a mistake, it's a profound one.

a nationally syndicated broadcaster shouldn't make these sorts of blunders.  it's just unacceptable.  i've complained about this retard on this forum since april of 2008, and i'm not sure what more i can say.  it just causes me to feel angry and frustrated when i talk about george noory and the mediocrity we're expected to enthusiastically slop out of a bowl.  george noory is not an intelligent man.  he's very average.  at best.  he's not a professional.  he's an amateur with a good job.  he is representative of so much of our culture.  i think i'm going to stop complaining about this asshole and just accept the fact that he sucks, art's not coming back, and there's nothing anybody can do about it. 

coast to coast am is dead.

valdez

Katherine Albrecht and Lauren Wienstein on internet privacy, or lack thereof.  Katherine is a little too paranoid, but Weinstein seems more pragmatic, saying that if we didn't give the internet a little information on ourselves every now and then we'd be paying for a lot of the stuff that we now get for free.  I didn't know that those pictures that you take with a smartphone (don't have one, mucho expensive) are encoded with a GPS thing where someone could download your photo from facebook (don't have one, mucho crazy) and figure out where the picture was taken.  That's freaky.  George didn't know what an ISP was.  One of the bumper songs, "You Don't Have To say You Love Me", which I had heard before done by someone else, blew me away.  I thought it was Tom Jones, but the website said it was done by a guy named Elvis Presley.   

punkinpie

Katherine Albrecht gets in my head.  Yes, she's a little paranoid, but because of her I'm more careful about giving out my personal information. 

I recently went to a Medispa about getting laser hair removal.  Before I could get a price or talk to anyone they wanted a copy of my driver's license, work history, SS number, etc.  They also wanted me to sign off on a privacy policy that wasn't attached.  The release said that I could obtain a copy from the receptionist.  I wondered what they were hiding.  The receptionist told me that because they were a medical office they had to comply with HIPPA.  Honestly, I don't know what is on a HIPPA form. 

I told them that we weren't at the point where I felt that they needed all of that crap.  If I became a patient I would give them any information that they need, but not before I choose them to do the work.  They refused to allow me to talk to anyone.  I went home and wrote a scathing letter to them about personal privacy.  I also wrote a nasty review on Yelp.

If it hadn't been for listening to Katherine Albrecht I probably would have just complied.  She makes me paranoid and a little paranoia is good for you.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: punkinpie on September 22, 2010, 08:38:06 PM
Katherine Albrecht gets in my head.  Yes, she's a little paranoid, but because of her I'm more careful about giving out my personal information. 

I recently went to a Medispa about getting laser hair removal.  Before I could get a price or talk to anyone they wanted a copy of my driver's license, work history, SS number, etc.  They also wanted me to sign off on a privacy policy that wasn't attached.  The release said that I could obtain a copy from the receptionist.  I wondered what they were hiding.  The receptionist told me that because they were a medical office they had to comply with HIPPA.  Honestly, I don't know what is on a HIPPA form. 

I told them that we weren't at the point where I felt that they needed all of that crap.  If I became a patient I would give them any information that they need, but not before I choose them to do the work.  They refused to allow me to talk to anyone.  I went home and wrote a scathing letter to them about personal privacy.  I also wrote a nasty review on Yelp.

If it hadn't been for listening to Katherine Albrecht I probably would have just complied.  She makes me paranoid and a little paranoia is good for you.

Check this out.

http://www.zdnet.com.au/govt-wants-isps-to-record-browsing-history-339303785.htm

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/LexUriServ.do?uri=OJ:L:2006:105:0054:0063:EN:PDF

HIPPA is the health information privacy protection act.  It actually guarantees your personal stays private under penalty of law.

Well, in that case I vote NO.  I didn't know it was election day.

Strel

George sure gets a kick out of mentioning "his friend James Cameron", over and over...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Strel on September 22, 2010, 11:46:50 PM
George sure gets a kick out of mentioning "his friend James Cameron", over and over...
My god is he nauseating.

tmock00

Quote from: punkinpie on September 22, 2010, 08:38:06 PM

Me, too.

I also find her to be extremely knowledgeable about her subject, moreso than some of the other C2C guests who seem to be on for no other purpose than to hawk their books and mention their websites a few thousand times. 

I think she's also very thorough with the info she relays.  I find it humorous that George seems to have a difficult time trying to keep up with her.