• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

b_dubb

Noam Chomsky has a similar take on sports at whatever level. see Manufacturing Consent (youtube). 

as i see it ... sports distracts people from how badly they're getting screwed in life, how crappy things might be at home, or how much you can't stand your job.  sports are easy to follow - us vs. them.  and a pretty obvious scoring system. if only life were this simple.

and yes people are tired of strangers asking about whether you've found jesus.  i hate it when christians try to convert me.  if they press me, they're going to wind up a tear soaked mess.  cause i can dismantle the christian belief system with about 3 questions.  but i won't go into them here.  unless someone tries to convince me to give my life to the lord or some such bullshit

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 12, 2010, 10:31:10 PM
Noam Chomsky has a similar take on sports at whatever level.
well then.  finally, noam and i see eye to eye on something.

Yes Chomsky is making a valid point and I would agree with the arguments that are being made about this... but I will kill someone if I don't get my hockey fix. Sometimes I just want to zone out on millionaires committing acts of violence against other millionaires. Where else in this world will I see that except in pro sports? The world is getting so sanitized and I always wonder how many watch lists I wind up on when I speak my mind, but just let me indulge my lower primal instincts.

Obsessing over kids playing sports or college sports is borderline psychotic though. And anytime another male begins a conversation with me about sports my first thought is "Awww ****, how am I going to get out of this?"

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on September 13, 2010, 12:34:08 AM
And anytime another male begins a conversation with me about sports my first thought is "Awww ****, how am I going to get out of this?"
you made me gut laugh when i read that line.  it's EXACTLY what i think, too.

Quote from: GuerrillaUnReal on September 13, 2010, 12:34:08 AM
Yes Chomsky is making a valid point and I would agree with the arguments that are being made about this... but I will kill someone if I don't get my hockey fix. Sometimes I just want to zone out on millionaires committing acts of violence against other millionaires. Where else in this world will I see that except in pro sports? The world is getting so sanitized and I always wonder how many watch lists I wind up on when I speak my mind, but just let me indulge my lower primal instincts.

God, I love hockey. Screw Bettman and his anti-fighting crusade.

and yes people are tired of strangers asking about whether you've found jesus.  i hate it when christians try to convert me.  if they press me, they're going to wind up a tear soaked mess.  cause i can dismantle the christian belief system with about 3 questions.  but i won't go into them here.  unless someone tries to convince me to give my life to the lord or some such bullshit

More and more, I am getting offended at people who imply that if you don't believe in God or are an agnostic, you automatically lack morality. As an agnostic, I'll put my morality, compassion and integrity against anyone who thumps their bible at me, and give them plenty of examples of "Godly" people who lack these things.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on September 13, 2010, 07:58:48 AM

More and more, I am getting offended at people who imply that if you don't believe in God or are an agnostic, you automatically lack morality. As an agnostic, I'll put my morality, compassion and integrity against anyone who thumps their bible at me, and give them plenty of examples of "Godly" people who lack these things.
you remind me of something.  in my family's history, the people who have caused the most grief for everyone and have been the biggest problems were the people who wore their religion on their sleeve with the most prominence.  strange how that worked out.  in every case, the evil people in my family were either hyper-religious, or they simply used religion to conceal what a real piece of shit they actually were.

proclaiming your love for jesus or any other religious figure won't increase the speed with which you wind up in my love list.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: MV on September 13, 2010, 11:00:55 AM

you remind me of something.  in my family's history, the people who have caused the most grief for everyone and have been the biggest problems were the people who wore their religion on their sleeve with the most prominence.  strange how that worked out.  in every case, the evil people in my family were either hyper-religious, or they simply used religion to conceal what a real piece of shit they actually were.

proclaiming your love for jesus or any other religious figure won't increase the speed with which you wind up in my love list.

I once complained to a priest about how so many evil people attended church services on a regular basis.  He just said, "Can you imagine what they would be like if they didn't?".

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Marc Knight on September 13, 2010, 12:03:00 PM

I once complained to a priest about how so many evil people attended church services on a regular basis.  He just said, "Can you imagine what they would be like if they didn't?".
HAHA - gotta love priests.

Quote from: MV on September 12, 2010, 11:14:48 PM
Noam Chomsky has a similar take on sports at whatever level.
well then.  finally, noam and i see eye to eye on something.

Alex Jones says sports are male soap operas created to distract them from current affairs.

b_dubb

and thanks to Robey for bringing the thread back to where it started

cheers!

b

b_dubb

listening to Noory ... i know i know ... and there's a guy who's obviously BOMBED who's going on and on about his ghost story .... how the hell do they let guy's like this on the air?  he can barely talk.  what the hell?!!!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 13, 2010, 10:17:04 PM
listening to Noory ... i know i know ... and there's a guy who's obviously BOMBED who's going on and on about his ghost story .... how the hell do they let guy's like this on the air?  he can barely talk.  what the hell?!!!

Who else is gonna call? Hell, even Ian's drunk when he calls now.

robey1129

Boory on last night's show: "Is it our right to go out into space?"

You should know, George, you been takin' it up ever since you took over C2C!

valdez

Quote from: robey1129 on September 14, 2010, 02:46:01 AM
It was interesting how the first part of the show, with George interviewing Jim McCanny (about space exploration) was so boring, and grinding, until Howard Bloom joined the conversation, with his focus and drive, and saved the night.  Jim McCanny had something to say, but the key to a successful c2c interview with George Noory is the guest's ability to navigate the minefield of mediocrity that George lays out, ignore his distracting questions ( saying "great question, George" a few times seems to keep him at bay effectively), and stay focused on whatever it is that you came to say, or promote.  Those regular guest that I like ( Hoagland, Lance, Bloom, nutty giant obsessed Quayle, Howe, Corsi, Kaku, to name a few) do this well and stay in controll.
     Bloom said that a fetus will not come to full term without gravity.  Fascinating.  George was confused as to the proper way to pronounce "Igor".  Idiot.

valdez

George had wanted to book the infamous Erich Von Daniken for last night, but I suppose the grand shyster wasn't returning George's calls, so instead we got the ever peppy, sexy, add the 2, subtract the 4, Glynis McCants, the numbers lady, and someone whose process of prognostication I never really understood, and never will, Paul Guercio, from the Merlin Project.  To Paul's credit, his website has a bunch of predictions from 2008 that he hasn't conveniently deleted.  To Glynis's credit, her website has her picture.
     Speaking of pictures, this (from the c2c website) is a waterway in Louisiana.  Those are dead fish.  This supposedly happens all the time.  Imagine the smell.

tmock00

Twenty minutes into last night's show, I gave up and turned it off.  As Noory spoke of the fishy Louisiana waterway, he pronounced the word "rural" as "rule" - not once but twice - and I could not figure out what he was actually saying until he managed to string the word into a sentence I could actually decipher.   

That was enough for me.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: tmock00 on September 15, 2010, 06:24:00 PM
Twenty minutes into last night's show, I gave up and turned it off.  As Noory spoke of the fishy Louisiana waterway, he pronounced the word "rural" as "rule" - not once but twice - and I could not figure out what he was actually saying until he managed to string the word into a sentence I could actually decipher.   

That was enough for me.

Several times over the years I could feel the palpable discomfort and exasperation of guest authors on C2C as George repeatedly mispronounced the title of their book, had no idea what the book was about, didn't understand it after it was explained to him, and never explored obvious opportunities to expound upon interesting tangents in the conversation. 

By the end of the show, one got the sense that the authors wondered if their appearance had been a net gain, or net loss, considering the professional mangling that George wrought all night.

Quote from: MV on September 13, 2010, 12:15:51 PM
Quote from: Marc Knight on September 13, 2010, 12:03:00 PM

HAHA - gotta love priests.

I think since all the lawsuits it's no longer mandatory.

Quote from: valdez on September 14, 2010, 05:08:32 AM
George was confused as to the proper way to pronounce "Igor".  Idiot.

He also had to ask the meaning of 'dipole'. For someone who is always trying to sound scientifically literate that's a strange thing not to know the definition of.

Quote from: valdez on September 15, 2010, 05:26:50 AM
     George had wanted to book the infamous Erich Von Daniken for last night, but I suppose the grand shyster wasn't returning George's calls, so instead we got the ever peppy, sexy, add the 2, subtract the 4, Glynis McCants, the numbers lady, and someone whose process of prognostication I never really understood, and never will, Paul Guercio, from the Merlin Project. To Paul's credit, his website has a bunch of predictions from 2008 that he hasn't conveniently deleted.  To Glynis's credit, her website has her picture.     Speaking of pictures, this (from the c2c website) is a waterway in Louisiana.  Those are dead fish.  This supposedly happens all the time.  Imagine the smell.

Hahahaha. Hilarious.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: tmock00 on September 15, 2010, 06:24:00 PM

That was enough for me.
when one must use contextual clues to understand a radio host, things are not good.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Peenman Enterprises on September 15, 2010, 07:18:01 PM
Quote from: valdez on September 14, 2010, 05:08:32 AM
George was confused as to the proper way to pronounce "Igor".  Idiot.

He also had to ask the meaning of 'dipole'. For someone who is always trying to sound scientifically literate that's a strange thing not to know the definition of.
i think art would cock-rape george's face if he heard george ask that.

at least, for once, george had the decency not to pretend he knows something he doesn't.

b_dubb

eFools direct will have to continue with their patented brand of asshat marketing gimmicks.  mostly ... george repeating the company's shitty name over and over again.  and now ... we've managed to consume 40% of the broadcast with commercials and patented asshat gimmmicks so george has less work to do.  and everyone can just sit back and just go through the motions. 

oh and by the way .. more open lines.  coasting with coast 2 coast asshats. 

i want to beat them with a hammer

tmock00

Quote from: b_dubb on September 15, 2010, 11:42:46 PM

oh and by the way .. more open lines.  coasting with coast 2 coast asshats. 

i want to beat them with a hammer

I'll help you.  ;D

b_dubb

so do you have to be a complete kiss ass when you call?  is that the only way you can get on air?  cause everyone is basically a total suck ass

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 15, 2010, 11:55:16 PM

so do you have to be a complete kiss ass when you call?  is that the only way you can get on air?  cause everyone is basically a total suck ass
welcome to call screening.  sterile, sanitized, homogenized, safe, predictable, and utterly insufferable.

b_dubb

i need to get out of the habit of listening to this show.  i'm listening to george pimp his damn gold scam and thinking of going Talk Radio on his ass.  god he SUCKS!!!!!!

SUCKS!!!!!

valdez

I like this physics stuff, but when the first question out of George's mouth, after the initial pleasantries, was "What is a law of nature?", I knew it was all going to shit.  After bad mouthing the "big bang" for the last few weeks, George didn't argue with Leonard Mlodinow, co author (with el grande scientifico Stephen Hawkin) of "The Grand Design", about the facts of the big bang, but instead whined a lot about how he "didn't get it", couldn't "understand the concept of nothing", an pleaded with Mr. Mlodinow to "help me understand."  But before you can understand, you have to listen, and George had to be told twice that Mr. Hawkin never said there was no God, and with questions like "is gravity a push, or a pull?", why bother?  Mlodinow should have taken controll (see post #5931) and just spoken past Noory to the audience as to how the laws of nature did not need a God to create the Universe.