• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ItsOver

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on March 28, 2019, 09:06:19 PM
So Georgie's long years of work trying to capture Linda's heart has come to a crashing end. Onward and Upward dear Noory.  You can still win the love of the fair numbers lady maiden, Glynis McCants.

She has your number Georgie.
Just what late night radio needs.  More of the Numbers Nut.  :P

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on March 29, 2019, 01:55:04 AM
Is it really kidnapping if they are happy to leave?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-alaska-fukushima/fukushima-contaminants-found-as-far-north-as-alaskas-bering-strait-idUSKCN1R90BV

Obvious rescue operation is obvious.
One also wonders why all of these "fast food" establishments (McD's, Jack-In-the-Box, etc) are now, all of a sudden, promoting fish sandwich and fried fish "deals," and celebrating "Alaskan Pollock?"  Some needs to call into Rense and say 5G+Fish*OpenBorder=USA's Death.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2019, 10:13:03 AM
One also wonders why all of these "fast food" establishments (McD's, Jack-In-the-Box, etc) are now, all of a sudden, promoting fish sandwich and fried fish "deals," and celebrating "Alaskan Pollock?" 

All that seafood with trace Fukushima contaminants is sold off at a discount. They're not just gonna throw it back in the ocean after hauling it to shore just because the power elite refuse to allow it in their breakaway food chain.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on March 29, 2019, 10:20:07 AM
All that seafood with trace Fukushima contaminants is sold off at a discount. They're not just gonna throw it back in the ocean after hauling it to shore just because the power elite refuse to allow it in their breakaway food chain.
Nice C.W. Mills reference!  ;)

But not a good situation. Some years ago at a discount warehouse (it was after dotcom crash and this place sold off liquidated office furniture and supplies) I saw some radiation detectors. I should've bought them, I guess.

Jackstar

Word on the street is that all off-the-shelf radiation detectors are utter trash. All.

Seems plausible to me--if I were in charge, I sure as shootin' wouldn't want that tech getting out to the unwashed masses. So many reasons.

expat

Word is that LMH is going to be co-hosting Hoagland's blogtalkradio thingie. If it's true, the one dead cert is that she won't be getting anything resembling a stipend. Hoagland's best-ever producer, Rossy Campbell, was absolutely uncompensated for all he did, yet berated for taking a call from his mother. Allegedly, RCH said "You belong to me now".

Jackstar

Quote from: expat on March 29, 2019, 10:54:59 AM
Word is that LMH is going to be co-hosting Hoagland's blogtalkradio thingie.

[attachment=1]

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2019, 10:33:57 AM
Nice C.W. Mills reference!  ;)

Thank you for this: equal parts embarrassment and deep, searing satisfaction that I've never heard of this guy or his work before, yet after a few minutes skimming Wikipedia I've learned that I've completely duplicated his conclusions through my own observations over the course of my life.

QuoteMills was described as a man in a hurry, and aside from his hurried nature, he was largely known for his combativeness. Both his private life, with three marriages, a child from each, and several affairs, and his professional life, which involved challenging and criticizing many of his professors and coworkers, have been characterized as "tumultuous". He wrote a fairly obvious, though slightly veiled, essay in criticism of the former chairman of the Wisconsin department, and he called the senior theorist there, Howard P. Becker, a "real fool". On one special occasion, when Mills was honored during a visit to the Soviet Union as a major critic of American society, he criticized censorship in the Soviet Union through his toast to an early Soviet leader who was "purged and murdered by the Stalinists." He said, "To the day when the complete works of Leon Trotsky are published in the Soviet Union!"

What a fuckin' stud. I'm thinking of going the Roger Stone route and having Mills' face tattooed on my back. I probably should read at least one of his books first though.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2019, 10:13:03 AM
One also wonders why all of these "fast food" establishments (McD's, Jack-In-the-Box, etc) are now, all of a sudden, promoting fish sandwich and fried fish "deals," and celebrating "Alaskan Pollock?"  Some needs to call into Rense and say 5G+Fish*OpenBorder=USA's Death.

Because it's Lent.

Uncle Duke

Word is that LMH is going to be co-hosting Hoagland's blogtalkradio thingie. If it's true, the one dead cert is that she won't be getting anything resembling a stipend. Hoagland's best-ever producer, Rossy Campbell, was absolutely uncompensated for all he did, yet berated for taking a call from his mother. Allegedly, RCH said "You belong to me now".

If it's true, she'll never be back on C2C as long as George is the host.

Jackstar

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2019, 11:45:00 AM
she'll never be back on C2C as long as George is the host

Pavel is gonna reach orbit at this rate.

ItsOver

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 29, 2019, 11:45:00 AM
If it's true, she'll never be back on C2C as long as George is the host.
Heh, heh, heh.  LMH forsakes Jorch for The Power of The Hair.

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on March 29, 2019, 01:11:38 PM
Heh, heh, heh.  LMH forsakes Jorch for The Power of The Hair.

So, ultimately, Norry's welshing on the bet with RCH has cost him,  not just RCH, but LMH also. Epic.

ItsOver

Quote from: albrecht on March 29, 2019, 01:20:30 PM
So, ultimately, Norry's welshing on the bet with RCH has cost him,  not just RCH, but LMH also. Epic.
I'm sure LMH hasn't forgotten Jorch's lame April Fool's Day "firing" joke, either.  Hoagie and Linda won't be devoting any effort towards a Jorch mutual admiration society.

Morgus

Word is that LMH is going to be co-hosting Hoagland's blogtalkradio thingie.
I don't see why LMH would do that, she already has her KGRA (better internet network) Thursday night show.
Hoagie has his team players filling in as hosts now like Morningsky...

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar on March 29, 2019, 11:29:35 AM
Thank you for this: equal parts embarrassment and deep, searing satisfaction that I've never heard of this guy or his work before, yet after a few minutes skimming Wikipedia I've learned that I've completely duplicated his conclusions through my own observations over the course of my life.

What a fuckin' stud. I'm thinking of going the Roger Stone route and having Mills' face tattooed on my back. I probably should read at least one of his books first though.
I still wonder what the tattoo artist thought when Roger asked for his tattoo of Nixon. Certainly the first ever I suspect. Likewise let us all know what the artists says when you request Mill's image on your upper-back... 

Jojo

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on March 29, 2019, 01:31:29 AM
Hey everyone. Glad to see the site back up. This is the first time I check in since the site went down. Did MV ever give an explanation as to why?
He did say he was interested in selling it.  He acted like it was a business decision.  In the past, it seemed like he wasn't happy about posters who were disruptive or really negative.  Sometimes people sign non-disclosure agreements but I have no idea if that happened.

Jojo

Quote from: Jackstar on March 29, 2019, 10:20:07 AM
What do you mean by "the power elite refuse to allow it in their breakaway food chain".  Surely you aren't calling food inspectors "power elite".  They're civil servants.  But what DO you mean?

Jojo

Sad to see Linda go.  She is amazing, so professional, and the results of her hard work are amazing.  She really gets word out, too.

Although the mutilation stories were too visceral for me, since I didn't need all the visual details.  If a puppy is tortured, just say a canine.  I don't need to know it was young or a puppy.  If tongues are missing, I would rather not have known too much about the cow or what it was doing at the time of the trauma.  Don't even need to know it's a cow; just say livestock.  At the very least, I would like her to warn listeners that a graphic description is next.

WOTR

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on March 08, 2019, 02:31:03 AM
Right Jorch, not even close, 68 is verrrrrrrrrrrrry far from 72.
Thanks for the reminder... So, what is it that keeps the man showing up night after night? A passion for the job? Intellectual curiosity? A pay cheque (I have to believe that he has been paid well enough over the years he does not really need the money.)

Is it some form of narcissism where he loves seeing his name on guest lists for "aliencon" and revels in the fact that people recognize him? Does he have no home life and nothing else to do with his remaining years on this earth?

I just can't figure it out. I used to say it was for the money- but that can no longer hold true...

WOTR

Quote from: Uncle Duke on March 12, 2019, 09:16:12 AM
Last night George interviewed a British author who has written a book on D-Day.  How the author kept from laughing at George's stupidity is beyond me, easily one of his worst interviews of all time.  Among George's brilliant questions/observations:

1) George asked, if the A bomb had been available in June 1944, wouldn't it have been a good idea to use it at Normandy prior to the invasion.

2) When the author was talking about the overwhelming superiority of Allied airpower at Normandy, George asked if they were dropping bombs and shooting bullets.

3) When talking about the horrific conditions on the Normandy beaches, George asked where the invading soldiers slept.

and my personal favorite.....

4) A caller was describing an Allied spy in Berlin who was sending back information to the UK about goings on in the German capital.  When George asked when this was, the caller said 1944.  George said, "So that was before the war." When the caller repeated it was in 1944, George said, "Oh sorry, I thought you said 1943."

Let's hope George never has his high school history teacher on with him some night.

Wow. Thanks. Now that he is no longer carried over my local airwaves, I miss all of these gems. This is almost enough to get me to part with my $$$ in order to become a time traveler and hear him release these nuggets of wisdom out into the world.

WOTR

I miss Saucy... :(

ItsOver

Quote from: WOTR on March 30, 2019, 02:34:39 AM
Thanks for the reminder... So, what is it that keeps the man showing up night after night? A passion for the job? Intellectual curiosity? A pay cheque (I have to believe that he has been paid well enough over the years he does not really need the money.)

Is it some form of narcissism where he loves seeing his name on guest lists for "aliencon" and revels in the fact that people recognize him? Does he have no home life and nothing else to do with his remaining years on this earth?

I just can't figure it out. I used to say it was for the money- but that can no longer hold true...
Jorch loves to think he's some kind of Hollywood-type celeb plus I'm sure he loves having some money to go with.  By today's high-roller standards, Jorch doesn't have that much, especially for the high dollar areas of SoCal.  You've got people with billions who are still going for the dollars.  Plus, it's not as if Jorch is working in a coal mine to make the bucks.  Show up, go through the motions, take the money.  I also think Jorch is afraid if he retires, he'll physically retire, too, for good.

Quote from: WOTR on March 30, 2019, 02:34:39 AM
So, what is it that keeps the man showing up night after night?
$500k/yr for a 16hr/week job you're terrible at. George is living the American Dream

ItsOver

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on March 30, 2019, 12:16:47 PM
$500k/yr for a 16hr/week job you're terrible at. George is living the American Dream

Heh, heh, heh.  Sign me up!  I won't even hold out for Friday nights off early, for wild nights with Tommee at IHOP.

WOTR

I suppose when you do the math, it would be difficult to retire from that job... I really hand't considered it is basically a part time gig at this point...

Uncle Duke

Plus all George's show prep, that's got to add at least another hour/week.

ItsOver

Without having his C2C gig to milk, I suspect his crooning tours would take a drastic nosedive, too.

Jorch may suck as a show host but he's made the most of his C2C position for his personal benefit and satisfaction.  Have some SuperBeets on me. ;)

albrecht

And for the past few years Norry doesn't have to compete with RCH for the "paranormal dates" at events.  RCH with his bolo ties, the hair, his wit and name-dropping, Kenny Rogers beard, and western leisure suits was a big block to Norry getting the chicks.

The "...and water for my friends" photo is of my personal favorites.
Isn't iHate, Media Inc basically bankrupt and under threat to go into receivership or bankruptcy and yet they still cut $500K a year for Norry? Couldn't that money be better spent on another mist tunnel in corporate?