• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dave Schrader

Started by NowhereInTime, March 16, 2013, 06:20:57 PM

ziznak

I can't tell if I like him cause he's good or if I like him because he's not Noory?

zeebo

Quote from: ziznak on July 26, 2014, 09:13:31 PM
I can't tell if I like him cause he's good or if I like him because he's not Noory?

Haha I wonder that myself.  I think he's actually ok.  Asks some decent questions, seems fairly prepared.  And he's not Noory ... oops, hmm.

yumyumtree

OK, I don't like to reveal my ignorance, but is cancer really caused by a virus? I mean, is this established or another cancer quack notion? So far neither Schraeder nor his guest are impressing me too much.

Mike.

^Yes, cancer CAN be caused by a virus. Google HPV. It's what causes genital warts, cervical cancer, some penile cancers and some throat cancers. Gardisal is one of the vaccines for several of the HPV family of viruses.

b_dubb

Penile cancers. Damn. This is the primary motivator for quitting tobacco.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: Scully on July 26, 2014, 03:48:21 AM

I'd be very happy to have Dave as a regular host.  He not only actually LIKES dealing with the paranormal, he's intelligent and well-spoken.

Anyone is a great improvement from Noory. I've been a fan of Dave's since long before he ever hosted Coast to Coast (Darkness Radio is one of my go-to podcasts), but I guess I'm just currently disenchanted with him because of an exchange I had with him on twitter, regarding an aforementioned guest I (and many others) felt was full of bullshit. He ferociously and blindly defended her, and was extremely rude in doing so even though I was very polite and even complimentary at first. Either way, Knapp has been and always will be my top pick to replace Noory, though he never will since he is a real live news journalist (not just a radio host) and is far too busy for such frill. We can't always get what we want.

Quote from: b_dubb on July 26, 2014, 11:32:04 PM
Penile cancers. Damn. This is the primary motivator for quitting tobacco.

My uncle died from that.  I don't know the cause.

BattyBrooke

I'm always suspicious of someone who repeatedly ends statements in "okay", and is he now dragging Lee Harvey Oswald into this?! What in thee hell.

yumyumtree

Quote from: Mike. on July 26, 2014, 11:21:12 PM
^Yes, cancer CAN be caused by a virus. Google HPV. It's what causes genital warts, cervical cancer, some penile cancers and some throat cancers. Gardisal is one of the vaccines for several of the HPV family of viruses.

OK. Thanks.

Just tuning in; is the monkey virus guy still on? Right now they are talking about Lee Harvey Oswald.

yumyumtree

Yes. Dr. Mary's case and Oswald were allegedly connected.

Scully

Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 27, 2014, 12:28:05 AM
I'm always suspicious of someone who repeatedly ends statements in "okay", and is he now dragging Lee Harvey Oswald into this?! What in thee hell.

If this guy says "okay" one more time I'm gonna scream.  He's really carried away with his story, too, hardly takes time to breathe. I've heard this story before and always thought it was interesting and mysterious.  Tonight, though, it just sounds like something a med school student would find fascinating.

I can only blame myself for not turning the dang thing off ... (kicking self hopelessly)  :o

If Noory were bungling this interview I'd probably think the guest was totally whacked but as it is I'm finding his story quite compelling and apparently well supported.  There's no way I could get caught up in a narrative like this with questions like "what drives you?" and non-sequitur stories about George being the last person to interview Jimmy Hoffa.

Morgus

I recall some other guest on a weekend c2cam show some years back that told about this same story.
I think Ian Punnett was the host then?

WOTR

Quote from: Morgus on July 27, 2014, 01:44:51 AM
I recall some other guest on a weekend c2cam show some years back that told about this same story.
I remember something about this as well.  I do not know who the host was- but based on the fact that it was good enough to be memorable I have to rule Noory out...
Quote from: BattyBrooke on July 26, 2014, 11:51:23 PM
Anyone is a great improvement from Noory...
I have to disagree.  I had said on many occasions that Wells was worse than Noory... Schrader is defiantly better than either of them.  I could not listen to the skinwalker guest for long- but that was related more to the guest than the host.  Tonight is interesting.  However, the guest goes on without much direction for the entire time between breaks.  I almost forget that there is a host until he cuts in and announces that they have to go to commercial.

expat

After this guy was on the first time, I actually bought his book and it was a pretty good read. His story may not be exactly true, but at least he does his due diligence laying out the clooz.

As opposed to someone like Mike Bara, who just says "NASA-released images can't be trusted.... Guess what I just found in a NASA image, a Hasselblad camera on Mars!!!! Look at me aren't I clever... (blah blah for 2 hours)"

yumyumtree

Quote from: wotr1 on July 27, 2014, 03:18:15 AM
I remember something about this as well.  I do not know who the host was- but based on the fact that it was good enough to be memorable I have to rule Noory out...I have to disagree.  I had said on many occasions that Wells was worse than Noory... Schrader is defiantly better than either of them.  I could not listen to the skinwalker guest for long- but that was related more to the guest than the host.  Tonight is interesting.  However, the guest goes on without much direction for the entire time between breaks.  I almost forget that there is a host until he cuts in and announces that they have to go to commercial.
I'm fairly certain that Ian was the host.

albrecht

Quote from: Morgus on July 27, 2014, 01:44:51 AM
Yes, I think Ian was hosting and it was a great show and interesting story. The odd murder and the connections are interesting. Cancer was thought to be caused by a virus in the beginning I seem to recall. And some, like HPV, still is. We also know HIV/AIDS is supposedly linked to primates, as in Ebola etc so it could be plausible, I guess. In any event that old show was a good one and interesting theory. I haven't listened to last night's show, yet.

WildCard

Derp. Wrong thread. I'm an idiot. Never-mind.

Juan Cena

Quote from: WildCard on August 02, 2014, 11:16:56 PM
Am I the only one listening to this, or am I just the only one who thinks it's pretty good.

"Rosanne Barr and Prince" There's two name's that spell credibility.

Got out of bed to mention how that wasn't a really good idea, but you beat me to it, dangit!

WildCard

Quote from: Juan Cena on August 02, 2014, 11:18:25 PM
Got out of bed to mention how that wasn't a really good idea, but you beat me to it, dangit!

Haha. Well, I just figured out this is Rob Simone, not Dave.

Sorry folks. This never happened. I was never here.

Nebraska888

Quote from: zeebo on July 26, 2014, 10:37:03 PM
Haha I wonder that myself.  I think he's actually ok.  Asks some decent questions, seems fairly prepared.  And he's not Noory ... oops, hmm.

Agreed.......I think Schrader is ok.....even better than ok.  AND....... HE IS NOT NOORY! 

gnooryblows

"regarded as one of the UKs second  most important alien visitation events"

first line of the evening would put noory to shame in terms of stupidity

Quote from: gnooryblows on August 10, 2014, 11:11:08 PM
"regarded as one of the UKs second  most important alien visitation events"

first line of the evening would put noory to shame in terms of stupidity

Hmm, maybe there's some contention over which event is the UK's second most important alien visitation.  Maybe several contenders are vying for the title of 'the UK's second most important alien visitation event.'   

Nah, I'm just messing with you.  That does sound Noory stupid.

I think Schrader just broke the Cardinal Rule of C2C.  He asked the guest if an obvious medical condition could have been responsible for his experiences, and even knowledgeably specified which medical condition would be consistent with them.

gnooryblows

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on August 10, 2014, 11:27:22 PM
I think Schrader just broke the Cardinal Rule of C2C.  He asked the guest if an obvious medical condition could have been responsible for his experiences, and even knowledgeably specified which medical condition would be consistent with them.
this Schrader dude, i'll be honest. he banned me from his websites chatroom one time. so ive got my beef, but you know what?
HES NOT THE SNOOORON
If I receive a written apology from him someday, I might even say he's a good host.

I think he was just setting up the strawman for the guest.

I don't really like Schrader's voice. He needs some of Wells' sound engineering.

Quote from: Mind Flayer Monk on August 11, 2014, 01:11:40 AM
I think he was just setting up the strawman for the guest.

I don't really like Schrader's voice. He needs some of Wells' sound engineering.

His voice sounds a little like a P.E. teacher, but he has been cross examining the guest quite a bit (maybe I don't use that phrase completely correctly).  It's refreshing either way.

Didn't he also just, in a round about way, suggest that the guest  was given all the "proof and information" so that everyone would believe it was a bunch of hooey?? 
This guest gets my vote for TotW.  Ooops, wrong thread.    :-[

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Treading Water on August 11, 2014, 04:59:26 AM
Didn't he also just, in a round about way, suggest that the guest  was given all the "proof and information" so that everyone would believe it was a bunch of hooey?? 
This guest gets my vote for TotW.  Ooops, wrong thread.    :-[

Schrader should have more than suggested it.  The principle guest from last night, Russ Kellet, was one of the goofiest bastards I've ever heard.  He sounded like some bovver boy character from the old UK "Carry On" films.  If "They" had hand picked some nitwit to discredit ufology and one of the more intriguing UFO cases of the 70s, Kellet would be hard to beat.

Not to get into this too deeply, but once again I'm amazed at how little understanding many of the UFO "researchers" have about things military, even when such understanding is critical to the case they are investigating and the story they are trying to relate.  For example, how many times did Kellet say there were "battleships" (British, US, NASA)  in the RN flotilla involved in the Berwyn Mts incident?  There were no operational battlerships anywhere in the world in 1974, and of course NASA never had a battleship.  Flash bombs?  What does that mean?  There are flash bangs, used often to stun bad guys, particularly in hostage rescue situations.  They would be useless for illumination purposes.  There are also high intensity flares, including those dropped by a/c and fired from warships, used to illuminate a wide area at night for military purposes.  I think that's what he was referring to, but to claim more were used on that one night in 1974 in the Irish Sea than in all of WWII is unbelievably stupid.

I don't know which is more frustrating to me, the number of no talent boobs who have their own UFO/paranormal radio and TV programs or the seemingly endless number of scammers, delusional mental cases, and/or idiots they get as guests.