• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kathleen Keating

Started by toastycoasty, October 16, 2013, 11:31:33 PM

toastycoasty

I keep losing my logins but hopefully I can hold on to this one  8)

Was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Kathleen Keating? Heard her on the Antichrist on the AB stream the other day and it was a right lot of horseshit but I'd like to know what happened to her... I heard here and there that she'd passed?

grano salis

Quote from: toastycoasty on October 16, 2013, 11:31:33 PM

Was wondering if anyone knew what happened to Kathleen Keating? Heard her on the Antichrist on the AB stream the other day and it was a right lot of horseshit but I'd like to know what happened to her... I heard here and there that she'd passed?

I also asked a similar question a few weeks ago.  Someone, ( a caller, I believe), brought her name up on a C2C show at least a year or two ago and the  host said words to the effect that they would love to get a hold of her for an interview.  I think that one can still get some of her books online.

albrecht

I likewise was trying to track her down on the internet but didn't have much luck (except for old stories on fringe sites. She was a friend of Malachi Martin, apparently, and would interesting to have her on DM considering the epic interview with Art earlier. Maybe the Maitreya, the anti-Christ, or the Son of Perdition (maybe one in the same) got to her??

grano salis

Quote from: albrecht on October 17, 2013, 02:23:57 PM
I likewise was trying to track her down on the internet but didn't have much luck (except for old stories on fringe sites. She was a friend of Malachi Martin, apparently, and would interesting to have her on DM considering the epic interview with Art earlier. Maybe the Maitreya, the anti-Christ, or the Son of Perdition (maybe one in the same) got to her??

There are some accessible internet archives for Dreamland which has at least one of her interviews in the late 90s.  Interesting stuff.

Jnthn932

I heard that same replay and came across a website with her name for hug therapy and some other nonsense. Not sure if it's her but it looks as though she's switched from doom and gloom atichrist to lovey dovey let's hug and talk about feelings. Dirty hippie.

Uncle Duke

Keating was a sham from day one.  The anti-Christ showing up in Nebraska to face-off with a 40-something house wife?  Did anyone take that seriously?

She took her fifteen minutes of fame and got while the gettin' was good.  Good riddance.

grano salis

Quote from: Uncle Duke on October 22, 2013, 10:15:10 PM
Keating was a sham from day one.  The anti-Christ showing up in Nebraska to face-off with a 40-something house wife?  Did anyone take that seriously?

She took her fifteen minutes of fame and got while the gettin' was good.  Good riddance.

HaHaHaHa.  Are you saying that the devil never visits rural Nebraska?  Good to know!  Now that you mention it, she did talk about being in her bathrobe etc. (as though she was appalled that she was not properly dressed for the occasion).

FallenSeraph

Quote from: toastycoasty on October 16, 2013, 11:31:33 PM

Googled her and found this on Catholic Answers Forum from a 2012 post - others are also trying to find her. When I got to "and prompted the AntiChrist to visit her in her backyard," I kinda paused and thought, "Other people are Googling political issues and deep thoughts about world peace right now. As for me, I now know when and where the Antichrist was last seen in Nebraska."

I might put that in an eHarmony profile. To hell with lying about mental stability and what an awesome cook I am.

Quote2 years ago I tried to find kathleen, the usual ways on the internet and also with her book publisher. Her website was gone I couldn't find any addresses to write to. Seems that her publisher no longer exists. A lot of mystery. She is either hiding or was taken out. Some people might not know of her in depth research on the anti christ. She found him. In 1 of her interviews she admitted she got to close, and prompted the anti christ to visit her in her backyard. He asked her to join him. It took all her strength to refuse the invitation. He disappeared from her backyard the same way he arrived. I think that was the last time I heard kathleen's voice.
I've been worried of what might of happened to her. I was hoping somebody else knew.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: grano salis on October 23, 2013, 05:59:48 AM
HaHaHaHa.  Are you saying that the devil never visits rural Nebraska?  Good to know!  Now that you mention it, she did talk about being in her bathrobe etc. (as though she was appalled that she was not properly dressed for the occasion).

Charlie Daniels was quite specific, the devil went down to Georgia, not Nebraska.

lonevoice

Quote from: Seraphim27 on October 23, 2013, 07:33:59 AM
"Other people are Googling political issues and deep thoughts about world peace right now. As for me, I now know when and where the Antichrist was last seen in Nebraska."

I might put that in an eHarmony profile. To hell with lying about mental stability and what an awesome cook I am.
Hahaha.  That might actually work!  When you find somebody who knows exactly why you know such a thing, because he/she knows it too, you're on to something.   A lot of AB fans are probably more interested in someone who shares their passion for AB radio than they are in someone's cooking skills.

grano salis

You guys are making me laugh so much, I almost fell out of my chair. ;D

FallenSeraph

Quote from: lonevoice on October 23, 2013, 02:11:24 PM
Hahaha.  That might actually work!  When you find somebody who knows exactly why you know such a thing, because he/she knows it too, you're on to something.   A lot of AB fans are probably more interested in someone who shares their passion for AB radio than they are in someone's cooking skills.

It would help. Back in the day, I'd always have to have that kind of awkward, "Hey, instead of the whole post-coital cuddling thing, do you mind if I turn on this radio show? Oh, and leave it on for the next four hours? Oh, and, um . . . they might talk about UFO abductees and stuff. Is that cool?" I actually heard from an ex-bf the other day who said, "Damn you, you made an Art Bell junkie out of me."

toastycoasty

Quote from: Jnthn932 on October 18, 2013, 02:47:15 PM
I heard that same replay and came across a website with her name for hug therapy and some other nonsense. Not sure if it's her but it looks as though she's switched from doom and gloom atichrist to lovey dovey let's hug and talk about feelings. Dirty hippie.

She's not the hug therapy Kathleen Keating  :-\

Uncle Duke

Listened last night to a show she did with Art in the spring of 2001, she was hawking her book "The Final Warning". Her string of inaccurate/flat-out wrong predictions may have prompted her to take the money and run with what ever dignity she had left. 

In hindsight, these doomsday, fear mongering types need to follow Ed Dames' lead and figure out a way to build a "I can't tell you when, only what/how" theme into their shtick.  Keating predicted within five years (from 2001) the invasion of the US by Russia and China, a massive Middle East war involving nukes,  and a series of natural disasters in the US.  Somewhere in that mix was also to have been a UN lead effort to promote the guy she said was the anti-Christ as the Savior.  Finally there was to have been that spectacular "final warning" from Heavan, an event so monumental it could leave no doubt as to the existence and absolute power of the Christian God.  All told, at least based on this 2001 show, I had her 0 for 8. 

I have often wondered about where she is.. i found this forum years ago: http://forums.catholic.com/showthread.php?t=449133 

And four years after the posts, and now 14 years after her show appearances, her name just keeps coming up.

From the forum, one post had this back in 2012:
QuoteKathleen A. Keating passed away on December 19, 2010.
She was 70 years old. The death certificate was issued in
South Dakota, where I believe her farm she talked of was.
She's in the SSDI index.
Kathleen A. Keating 02/19/1940 - 12/19/2010

I very much believe this was the Kathleen A. Keating we remember
fondly. There was another Kathleen A. Keating who died in 2009,
but I saw her picture in her obit, and she was blonde and overweight.
The Kathleen we are talking of had red hair and was thin/average weight.
I cannot find an online obit for her.

There was some debate as to whether she really is dead..
Another user wrote this:
Quote2 years ago I tried to find kathleen, the usual ways on the internet and also with her book publisher. Her website was gone I couldn't find any addresses to write to. Seems that her publisher no longer exists. A lot of mystery. She is either hiding or was taken out. Some people might not know of her in depth research on the anti christ. She found him. In 1 of her interviews she admitted she got to close, and prompted the anti christ to visit her in her backyard. He asked her to join him. It took all her strength to refuse the invitation. He disappeared from her backyard the same way he arrived. I think that was the last time I heard kathleen's voice.
I've been worried of what might of happened to her. I was hoping somebody else knew.

And a trip back in time.. the good old days: https://web.archive.org/web/20040102111159/http://www.kathleenkeating.com/

Uncle Duke

Keating might well be dead, but I do not believe she's the women by that name who died in 2010 at age 70 in SD.  I saw her on TV in the 2000 time frame, no way she was 60 years old at the time.  I doubt she was much older than her mid-40, making her in her mid/late 50s today.  Also remember thinking back in the day she and I were appoximately the same age (I'm 57 and Catholic) based on some of the things I heard her say about growing up in the Church.

I will admit her apparent disappearance from the scene is puzzling, but think it has more to do with her failures in predicting the then near term future than anything else.  Despite the fact I thought she was a sham,  I enjoyed her on C2C with Art.  She was a good interview, knew her story and told it well, and never ducked tough questions with some zealot mumbo jumbo. 

Do we even know Kathleen Keating was her real name?  Could that have possibly been a pen name?

FallenSeraph

Weird - someone just asked George what happened to Kathleen Keating. He said his office has been trying to find her too.

Sean92008

She fell down Mel's Hole.

albrecht

Was hoping Art's passing would smoke her out from hiding or cause what[size=78%]. Dang. But, maybe, Art has some records, that will be revealed? Old shows, edits, or even....3rd Secret, feral humans, n that ouija....and more Keating! And F.Martin stuff!?