• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Steve Warner's Dark City

Started by bateman, October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM

popple

Quote from: jazmunda on October 27, 2013, 04:59:08 PM
It would be ironic and hilarious if you had a call in segment and an incoherent guy by the name of Dave Noorie would call in to prank the show.

Cool site. I look forward to hearing it.

Jaz, I think you mean that punk Eiroon Evad!

I really like the combo of the website and intro music. Great atmosphere. Makes me feel like we're gonna take over the city night with Bateman! I'll be listening later this evening, as I've got some things to do ;D

BATEMAN FOREVER!!  8)

bateman

Quote from: popple on October 29, 2013, 06:27:23 PM
Jaz, I think you mean that punk Eiroon Evad!

I really like the combo of the website and intro music. Great atmosphere. Makes me feel like we're gonna take over the city night with Bateman! I'll be listening later this evening, as I've got some things to do ;D

BATEMAN FOREVER!!  8)

Thanks. :D I'm still tinkering with the website, but I'm liking the look of it too.

Jackstar

Look man, Art Bell gets a one minute and fifteen second intro, because he's Art Bell.

But other than that, this isn't so bad at all. Thank you!

bateman

Quote from: Jackstar on October 29, 2013, 07:16:19 PM
Look man, Art Bell gets a one minute and fifteen second intro, because he's Art Bell.

But other than that, this isn't so bad at all. Thank you!

Haha, the intro is still being worked on. It will probably stay that length though. :D

And thank yeeeeeww.

bateman

Goddamnit, I didn't properly fade out the Deftones song towards the end. Fixing, brbrbr

SaucyRossy

Quote from: bateman on October 29, 2013, 07:20:24 PM
Goddamnit, I didn't properly fade out the Deftones song towards the end. Fixing, brbrbr

Is that why I can't listen?

bateman

Quote from: SaucyRossy on October 29, 2013, 08:50:53 PM
Is that why I can't listen?

No, I just made sure you couldn't.

EDIT: Fixed. Even Ross can listen now.

jazmunda

Bateman you sound great. Very professional. Very polished. Also helps that you have a great guest. I really hope Art has him back someday. This is a great first up effort. Please keep us posted with future updates.

Chine

I thoroughly enjoyed it. These are topics of great interest to me and Tobias shared some incredible insight, stories. I felt the dialogue was smooth, easy to become greatly engaged. Very well done. Looking forward to your next one.

On the site design: Don't change it. That magical night quality of Manhattan, how I miss it. You know, for a second, it felt like a Nolan scene in Batman trilogy. Exudes mystery in cusp of dark vs light...the beautiful tension.

The General

Listening now.  Great interview!  Looking forward to more.

bateman

Quote from: jazmunda on October 30, 2013, 06:12:41 AM
Bateman you sound great. Very professional. Very polished. Also helps that you have a great guest. I really hope Art has him back someday. This is a great first up effort. Please keep us posted with future updates.

Yeah, Tobias was very easy to work with & had some great info to share.

Quote from: Chine on October 30, 2013, 10:19:10 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed it. These are topics of great interest to me and Tobias shared some incredible insight, stories. I felt the dialogue was smooth, easy to become greatly engaged. Very well done. Looking forward to your next one.

On the site design: Don't change it. That magical night quality of Manhattan, how I miss it. You know, for a second, it felt like a Nolan scene in Batman trilogy. Exudes mystery in cusp of dark vs light...the beautiful tension.

Thanks, the overall design will stay the same, I'm just trying to figure out how to organize everything.

Quote from: The General on October 30, 2013, 12:26:50 PM
Listening now.  Great interview!  Looking forward to more.

Thank yeeewwww. I'm gonna try to do these once a week, depending on my schedule. I've got 3 more guests already booked, working on a couple more, so I should be set for a little while. It takes some time to prep though (imagine that) and it's challenging to squeeze in, but well worth the effort. There just aren't enough hours in the day/week/month/year...

lonevoice

Damn, I don't get to listen until tomorrow!   Looking forward to it, b.

shell88

Great interview Bateman.  You had really good questions, and there was good flow. Way to go!
8)  Keep it up. You've got some talent there.  If you love doing it, who knows where it could take you.

Just finished listening to the entire show. It was really well done, great guest, music and interaction. Love the layout photo, too, but I'm prejudiced, lol. Kudos, Bateman!

Mhayhurst

Great interview! I had never heard of Tobias before his appearance on Dark Matter and it's nice to have an additional interview with him. He was fantastic. Your questioning and interaction was right on and the show sounded great. Can't wait for episode 2!

Really god podcast.

If you haven't yet listened to this show, do it!

bateman

Wow, thanks everyone for the positive reviews.

aldousburbank

Should have MV on sometime.

starrmtn001

It would be ever so cool to have aldousburbank on the show. ;D

steelbot

Nice show bateman... a little constructive criticism though....maybe just a bit more Cat Lady!  ??? lol Only kidding, great work man!  Nice to see Tobias came on and did great too.

Maybe some Huey Lewis Bumpers...."Do you like Huey Lewis and The News??"...."Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor."

bateman

Quote from: steelbot on October 31, 2013, 05:59:50 PM
Nice show bateman... a little constructive criticism though....maybe just a bit more Cat Lady!  ??? lol Only kidding, great work man!  Nice to see Tobias came on and did great too.

Maybe some Huey Lewis Bumpers...."Do you like Huey Lewis and The News??"...."Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far more bitter, cynical sense of humor."

... A song so catchy, most people don't listen to the lyrics, but they should, because it's not just a song about the pleasures of conformity & the importance of friends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.. HEY PAUL!

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD

bateman

But srsly, thank yeewww. Maryanne voice may come out once in a while during an intro. I'm gonna do a proper one next time, introduce myself, set the stage or whatever.

Chine

Quote from: steelbot on October 31, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

I had to put in American Psycho in again as Bateman's avatar was luring me to. I was having flashbacks of when I was a regular at The Limelight, The Tunnel and other NYC clubs in the 80s.

I was telling Bateman that hearing him as himself was  neat, yet I smiled as I heard Maryanne in there.  :)

steelbot

Quote from: bateman on October 31, 2013, 06:10:18 PM
... A song so catchy, most people don't listen to the lyrics, but they should, because it's not just a song about the pleasures of conformity & the importance of friends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself.. HEY PAUL!

TRY GETTING A RESERVATION AT DORSIA NOW YOU FUCKING STUPID BASTARD
ROFL - Indeed!

steelbot

Quote from: Chine on October 31, 2013, 06:11:42 PM
I had to put in American Psycho in again as Bateman's avatar was luring me to. I was having flashbacks of when I was a regular at The Limelight, The Tunnel and other NYC clubs in the 80s.

I was telling Bateman that hearing him as himself was  neat, yet I smiled as I heard Maryanne in there.  :)
Yeah, I watched it about a week back.

onan

Yeah, sorry to not post on this sooner. I enjoyed my time listening. Kudos.

lonevoice

Quote from: Chine on October 31, 2013, 06:11:42 PM

Did you know Fred Rothbell-Mista, the VIP host at the Limelight in its Heyday?  He was my Uncle...RIP, Uncle Fred.

lonevoice

Quote from: bateman on October 27, 2013, 03:54:49 PM
Tonight. Tobias McGriff is my first guest.  ;D

http://www.darkweekend.net/
Just now getting a chance to listen to it...am about halfway through.  I'm enjoying it a lot, bateman.  You sound so well prepared for Tobias, as though you did a great deal of show prep.  You're listening very closely to what he says and asking great on-topic questions, as well as steering the interview in a logical, forward direction.  Good job!!  There's a certain somewhat of a show host who could definitely take notes.