Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

Taaroa

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 07, 2017, 02:19:50 AM
I'm not digging the look of these new rounded avatars.  :o

There, that's better!  :)

Mine still looks the classiest.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 07, 2017, 02:18:09 AM
If they get me worked up enough, I might come back and say something but for now, I need a break.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r8niBoPqj8

Quote from: TigerLily on March 07, 2017, 02:12:37 AM
At least we completely agree on this. I'm done

I hope you don't go before explaining how requiring proof of citizenship when registering to vote, and requiring voters to produce a photo ID when voting is discriminatory and suppresses the minority vote.

Since you've mentioned this in a number of posts, I really thought you were someone who would finally be able to explain it to me in a way that made sense.

Quote from: TigerLily on March 07, 2017, 12:58:32 AM
I thought you wanted a serious reply. My bad. I won't make that mistake again. I have officially placed you in the numbskull category. Text wall? Those are excerpts from your precious executive order. I used the same document you did. "Ooh. TigerLily uses too many words. My brain is too shriveled to process." I bet you copied and pasted your paragraph from some right wing propaganda article without understanding a word.

It must be difficult to read when you have to move your lips and sound out the big words. Let me help. Those excerpts pertain to who can classify and downgrade classifications. I bolded the most pertinent passages. Especially so the mentally handicapped didn't have to read all_those_words. It boils down to people in the current executive branch have the authority and responsibility to downgrade and release. Is this simple enough for your simple mind? Yeah. I'm board [sic] with you too. Idiot

So how about Trump and Friends Russian connections? Any original ideas formulating in your pea brain on that subject?

Edit: those em dashes are fun!  :)

Hmmm, I sincerely ask you a question I've long been puzzled about, and you ignore me   :'(

Meister_000

March 8th 2017
"International Women's Day"
Protest at the White House
and
"A Day Without A Woman ~ strike"

http://www.genderhealth.org/the_issues/
https://www.womensmarch.com/womensday/

January 27, 2017
Kelly Conway 6min speech at
"March for Life"(?): Trump presidency is
"New Day" for Anti-Abortion movement

https://youtu.be/yPk-h-gRhMU

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 07, 2017, 07:10:23 AM
March 8th 2017
International Women's Day
and
A Day Without A Woman ~ strike...

Just when you thought these people couldn't be any more immature

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 07, 2017, 01:44:06 AM
I'm taking a bit of a break from the political threads unless I see something relevant to post.  The endless name-calling is not forwarding the conversation.  People have dug into their trenches and will not move.  I don't like dwelling in the gutter and hurling out insults to people I might otherwise like outside of the political sphere. It is not of benefit to the soul.  I spent a long time on here and I found myself devolving into something I didn't care for.

My plea to everyone is give Trump a chance.  Yes, he has his faults but I do think he has the best interests of the country at heart. Anyway, that is all I have to say for the time being.  Carry on.

The problem is these people don't want Trump to be successful. 

First off, it makes their party look bad (think Reagan after Carter).  Second, if Trump is successful, their party won't be back in power any time soon. 

It really is Party before country for them.  It doesn't matter that their policies consistently fail, they believe they just haven't found the right people to implement their brilliant ideas yet.  Trying to reason with them is a dead end, they need to be defeated and removed from power.

''We are the ones we've been waiting for''
-Barock Obama

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 07, 2017, 07:23:52 AM

First off, it makes their party look bad (think Reagan after Carter).  Second, if Trump is successful, their party won't be back in power any time soon. 

It really is Party before country for them.  It doesn't matter that their policies consistently fail, they believe they just haven't found the right people to implement their brilliant ideas yet.  Trying to reason with them is a dead end, they need to be defeated and removed from power.

-Barock Obama

I agree with everything you said in the post.  I just need a breather.  I'm tired of dealing with people who are inplacable. Let them dwell in their negativity.

GravitySucks

Makes ya wonder if someone wanted to say like hack a server and make it look like say the Russians did it....

The internet just got a whole lot messier...

https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/839119536012001280

Yorkshire pud

While Trump threw in a reckless claim about Obama, this got through and wasn't widely reported. Never let it be said the misogynist fuckers are taking choices from women.

SB25 â€" which would allow doctors to withhold information from pregnant women about the status of their fetus and then, if the child were born with a deformity or disability, prevent the parents from suing the doctor for withholding the information â€" has passed out of the Senate Committee on State Affairs on an 8-0 vote and is headed to the full Senate.

Sen. Brandon Creighton, R-Conroe, the author of the bill, said current law sends the message that “wrongful births” are real and discriminates against children born with disabilities. “The presence of a disability in a child should not be grounds for a lawsuit,” Creighton said. “I feel that Senate Bill 25, if passed, would be in line with a large majority of Texans and their values.”

The purpose of the bill is to prevent women, who may consider an abortion if the fetus is not properly forming, from deciding whether or not to abort the fetus.

Blake Rocap, legislative director for NARAL Pro-Choice Texas, said, “We shouldn’t have to stand up and say that it shouldn’t be policy for the state of Texas to excuse doctors from lying to their patients, and that is what this bill does.”

Creighton has served in the Texas Senate since 2014 and voted against a bill requiring vaccines for minors and against a bill to prohibit texting while driving. I guess because he thinks contracting diseases and being killed while driving are both good things?

http://m.dallasvoice.com/senate-committee-votes-doctors-lie-women-10233411.html?mobile-redirector-transfer=true

whoozit

In my state there are distracted driving laws.  Last year they passed a no holding your phone in the car law.  It was touted as an anti-texting law to save lives.  It was in fact a new source of revenue for towns because it allowed the constabulary to ticket drivers at stop lights looking at their phones.  I think the existing distracted driving law was already sufficient.  Could be the reason he didn't vote for new texting law.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 07, 2017, 07:23:52 AM

-Barock Obama

When will it sink in with you that this isn't Trump v the Dems? Trump is a pathalogical lying, immature, petulant, self obsessed, media obsessed narcissist, who absolutely refuses to take any responsibility for his shortcomings. He has absolutely no idea about what being POTUS involves. And frankly has no interest in the huge and disparate issues that fall in his inbox each day.

He tweets an allegation of being phone tapped by his predecessor, and almost as an aside then tweets that his successor on the Apprentice doesn't do it anymore! You think this is the reasonsble thought processes of a sane man?

He's dangerous. He'd be dangerous because none of his entourage is strong enough to stand up to him without being afraid of being fired. He has to have his fucking phone taken from him, and the plug pulled on the TV.

mikuthing01

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 07, 2017, 07:10:23 AM
March 8th 2017
"International Women's Day"
and
"A Day Without A Woman ~ strike"

http://www.genderhealth.org/the_issues/
https://www.womensmarch.com/womensday/

January 27, 2017
Kelly Conway 6min speech at
"March for Life"(?): Trump presidency is
"New Day" for Anti-Abortion movement

https://youtu.be/yPk-h-gRhMU

Women should really stop murdering their kids they are worse than Adam Lanza, at least Sandy Hook was staged.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on March 07, 2017, 09:05:34 AM
In my state there are distracted driving laws.  Last year they passed a no holding your phone in the car law.  It was touted as an anti-texting law to save lives.  It was in fact a new source of revenue for towns because it allowed the constabulary to ticket drivers at stop lights looking at their phones.  I think the existing distracted driving law was already sufficient.  Could be the reason he didn't vote for new texting law.

In the UK it is illegal to hold a phone in your hand. Even if it isn't being used. Anything that distracts the driver that can be attributed to an rta is prosecutable. Eating food, drinking is also illegal if driving. Police will pull that before speeding on a motorway.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 07, 2017, 09:13:24 AM
Women should really stop murdering their kids they are worse than Adam Lanza, at least Sandy Hook was staged.

Go. Fuck. Yourself. Pile. Of. Shit.

Meister_000

QuoteSB-25 . . .The purpose of the bill is to prevent women, who may consider an abortion if the fetus is not properly forming, from deciding whether or not to abort the fetus.

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 07, 2017, 08:58:00 AM
While Trump threw in a reckless claim about Obama, this got through and wasn't widely reported. Never let it be said the misogynist fuckers are taking choices from women.

http://m.dallasvoice.com/senate-committee-votes-doctors-lie-women-10233411.html?mobile-redirector-transfer=true

Oh grow up! â€" you're so "immature" Pud.

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 07, 2017, 09:14:31 AM
In the UK it is illegal to hold a phone in your hand. Even if it isn't being used. Anything that distracts the driver that can be attributed to an rta is prosecutable. Eating food, drinking is also illegal if driving. Police will pull that before speeding on a motorway.
Right.   My point was that the distracted driving law already covers the phone, no need for a new law.  What's next a new law against juggling ferrets while driving law?  The point of the new phone law was to generate revenue by ticketing responsible drivers checking their phone while at a stop light.

I'm somewhere in between the two main sides on this thread and rarely test the waters.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: whoozit on March 07, 2017, 09:30:15 AM
Right.   My point was that the distracted driving law already covers the phone, no need for a new law.  What's next a new law against juggling ferrets while driving law?  The point of the new phone law was to generate revenue by ticketing responsible drivers checking their phone while at a stop light.

I'm somewhere in between the two main sides on this thread and rarely test the waters.

Yep, that's illegal too n the UK. Vehicle must be parked legally and engine switched off. I was shunted by someone too busy texting.
Anyone who gets pulled for using a phone within two years of getting their licence, gets it revoked, and they have to take their driving test again; theory and practical.

New drivers caught using phones to lose licence

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39118523

Kidnostad3

Quote from: TigerLily on March 07, 2017, 12:58:32 AM
I thought you wanted a serious reply. My bad. I won't make that mistake again. I have officially placed you in the numbskull category. Text wall? Those are excerpts from your precious executive order. I used the same document you did. "Ooh. TigerLily uses too many words. My brain is too shriveled to process." I bet you copied and pasted your paragraph from some right wing propaganda article without understanding a word.

It must be difficult to read when you have to move your lips and sound out the big words. Let me help. Those excerpts pertain to who can classify and downgrade classifications. I bolded the most pertinent passages. Especially so the mentally handicapped didn't have to read all_those_words. It boils down to people in the current executive branch have the authority and responsibility to downgrade and release. Is this simple enough for your simple mind? Yeah. I'm board [sic] with you too. Idiot

So how about Trump and Friends Russian connections? Any original ideas formulating in your pea brain on that subject?

Edit: those em dashes are fun!  :)

YOU DID NOT GIVE ME A SERIOUS REPLY.

No one is arguing that the President and many others  can downgrade or declassify  classified material when they determine that the material no longer requires the degrees of protection specified below.  If the material still needs to be protected because it's unauthorized disclosure would cause damage to the U.S. as per the below definitions it must remain classified.  Again, and hopefully for the last time,, no one including the President can arbitrarily declassify anything.  He must ascertain that it no longer requires protection. 

Trump cannot declassify the material in question simply because it would be politically expedient for him to do so.  The material was classified by a Classification Authority within the Obama Administration and the material was examined by others in the Administration as recently as January.  Yet they took no action to downgrade or declassify it.  Given this fact and all we have been told about the material it is clear that it still requires protection.  Why do you think the congressional briefings on the material were designated classified and held in closed session in a secure location.

If there is someone else reading this that does understand the point I'm making, please advise.

Top Secret Information
EO 12356 states that the Top Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security."3

Secret Information
The Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security."10

Confidential Information.
The Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause damage to the national security."10

mikuthing01

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 07, 2017, 09:39:58 AM
Yep, that's illegal too n the UK. Vehicle must be parked legally and engine switched off. I was shunted by someone too busy texting.
Anyone who gets pulled for using a phone within two years of getting their licence, gets it revoked, and they have to take their driving test again; theory and practical.

What if they are using a CB radio?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: mikuthing01🇯🇵🗾🗼🎋🌸🐙🐲🐼 on March 07, 2017, 09:48:20 AM
What if they are using a CB radio?

If its hand held, I think so yes. Has to be hands free. And calls made, made when vehicle stopped.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 07, 2017, 09:50:14 AM
If its hand held, I think so yes. Has to be hands free. And calls made, made when vehicle stopped.

What if they are holding a can connected to another can by a waxed string?

Meister_000

[Not trolling or encouraging the resident Racists here, but; this again is one of those "couldn't make it up" Trump-sphere Monuments to "Greatness" bound for the time capsule.]

HUD Sec. Dr. Ben Carson referred to
people who crossed the Atlantic in the bottom of a Slave ship as "Immigrants"?!
. . .and that they too had the same dreams for their children . . . ya-da ya-da

Bravo on your select picks again Donny! (ffs)

Retired neurosurgeon(!) Ben Carson is (also) utterly unqualified for the job, has zero experience in government or fields related to the job discription and its concerns/purview (which he admits, btw).

{embedded vid of him saying above quote}

[tweet]839115772924465153[/tweet]

whoozit

Quote from: Yorkshire Pud on March 07, 2017, 09:39:58 AM

No problem with that.  It should already be covered by distracted driving laws.  There is a new phenomena here of people slamming on their brakes and diving for the breakdown lane to take calls.  I guess it is an unintended consequence.  I see no problem with someone checking the phone while stopped at a light.  The worst that will happen is they miss the green light and get people beeping their horns.  I do not like new laws that are not needed because they are already covered by different laws.  Especially when they are introduced to generate revenue.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 07, 2017, 09:45:32 AM
YOU DID NOT GIVE ME A SERIOUS REPLY.

No one is arguing that the President and many others  can downgrade or declassify  classified material when they determine that the material no longer requires the degrees of protection specified below.  If the material still needs to be protected because it's unauthorized disclosure would cause damage to the U.S. as per the below definitions it must remain classified.  Again, and hopefully for the last time,, no one including the President can arbitrarily declassify anything.  He must ascertain that it no longer requires protection. 

Trump cannot declassify the material in question simply because it would be politically expedient for him to do so.  The material was classified by a Classification Authority within the Obama Administration and the material was examined by others in the Administration as recently as January.  Yet they took no action to downgrade or declassify it.  Given this fact and all we have been told know about the material it is clear that it still requires protection.  Why do you think the congressional briefings on the material were designated classified and held in closed session in a secure location.

If there is someone else reading this that does understand the point I'm making, please advise.

Top Secret Information
EO 12356 states that the Top Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security."3

Secret Information
The Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security."10

Confidential Information.
The Secret classification level "shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause damage to the national security."10

The point is moot; If (and no-one believes it, least of all Trump) he suspected he'd been phone tapped, why not ask the CIA and FBI? He hasn't said why he thinks he was phone tapped. The only sources so far point to Mark Levin and Breitbart. Trump simply threw in a childish tit for tat accusation because he knows the FBI and the IS are currently looking into the Russians hacking the Dems.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on March 07, 2017, 09:53:32 AM
What if they are holding a can connected to another can by a waxed string?

As long as the string meets the correct standards and is long enough +10%.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 07, 2017, 09:54:30 AM
[Not trolling or encouraging the the resident Racists here, but; this again is one of those "couldn't make it up" Trump-sphere Mouments to "Greatness" bound for the time capsule.]

New HUD Sec. Dr. Ben Carson referred to
people who crossed the Atlantic in the bottom of a Slave ship as "Immigrants"?!
. . .and that they too had the same dreams for their children . . . ya-da ya-da

Bravo on your select picks again Donny! (ffs)

Retired neurosurgeon(!) Ben Carson is (also) utterly unqualified for the job, has zero experience in government or fields related to the job discription and its concerns/purview (which he admits, btw).

{embedded vid of him saying above quote}

[tweet]839115772924465153[/tweet]

What Carson said was that slaves had dreams of freedom and a better life.  Do you doubt that?

WHY DO YOU CONTINUE TO POST SUCH INANE SHIT.  IT HAS REACHED THE POINT WHERE YOUR OBSESSIVE HATRED CAUSES YOU TO MISINTERPRET CLEAR LANGUAGE THAT EVERYONE ELSE UNDERSTANDS.