• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bad House Guests

Started by ksm32, March 26, 2018, 01:13:46 AM

ksm32

Here's the thing, I own a rental property that I prefer to have as an AirBnB listing rather than a full time rental with looser tentants that simply don't care about all the hard work and renovations I've done to it. (I did that for a while and evicted them after nine months) it even got violent, thank God I'm a hulk ;D

I recently had a group of woman visiting my city on business. These were nice rather attractive woman in their mid 30's, very polite and like most AirBnb members they left me with a good feeling after I greeted them and gave the usual walkthrough that is the norm. They stayed in the house for eight days, but that is, I guess insignificant.

They checked out yesterday morning by 11 am as is set in my house rules.. So of course I am quick to get in right after to assess the way guests leave things as I will have to submit a review of (enter name)'s group. Pretty much figured they would have like most AirBnbers left things in fine condition.   

Pictured below are a few shots of the two toilets, some shots of the sheets in two different beds and a stain in the upholstery on a $220. chair pictured in my current AV.  Who does this?? Really??   Even my one of my customized mousepads (pictured 2nd to last) has odd stains.

ShayP

What is that in the last pic?  It looks like dried blood.  Maybe chocolate just smeared. Plus someone blew that toilet up.  How does this work with AirBnb's?  Can you bill them for the cost of damage or are you screwed?  Someone didn't give a fuck.

ksm32

I leave chocolates on the pillows so that.. does settle that. ??  But the toilets. Good Lord!

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on March 26, 2018, 01:21:46 AM
I leave chocolates on the pillows so that.. does settle that. ??  But the toilets. Good Lord!

If there is a toilet brush at hand, then the nasty people should've cleaned it out.  Ugh.

Dr. MD MD

At least with tenants they live there and so theoretically wouldn't want to shit on their own doorstep, so to speak. You just need to screen for Senda types. ;)

ShayP

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2018, 01:23:49 AM
You just need to screen for Senda types. ;)

LOL!  Imagine Senda renting your place.  He'd trash it and try to justify it by saying it wasn't up to his standards. 

ksm32

Quote from: ShayP on March 26, 2018, 01:23:46 AM
If there is a toilet brush at hand, then the nasty people should've cleaned it out.  Ugh.

A brush in each bathroom. I've had over 200 accumulated guests in there and this is a first.

It's only now that I can laugh about it though. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah   Hired a cleaning crew for once. ;D

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 26, 2018, 01:23:49 AM
At least with tenants they live there and so theoretically wouldn't want to shit on their own doorstep, so to speak. You just need to screen for Senda types. ;)

Senda wouldn't fit on my toilets.

EDIT:  Senda's ass wouldn't fit on my toilets.

ShayP

Quote from: ksm32 on March 26, 2018, 01:29:04 AM
A brush in each bathroom. I've had over 200 accumulated guests in there and this is a first.

It's only now that I can laugh about it though. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah   Hired a cleaning crew for once. ;D

Man, I couldn't handle renting property, etc.  My hat's off to you.

Quote from: ksm32 on March 26, 2018, 01:29:04 AM

It's a numbers game, I guess one way to look at it is you were lucky to have gone this long...

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on March 26, 2018, 01:30:43 AM
Man, I couldn't handle renting property, etc.  My hat's off to you.
Same here.  No way I want the same idiots I see driving on the streets let loose on anything I own.  Hell, most of them can't even figure out they're in charge of something weighing over a ton, cruising around in public.

ksm32

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on March 26, 2018, 02:39:01 AM
It's a numbers game, I guess one way to look at it is you were lucky to have gone this long...

Yep, that's exactly it. It's been an overwhelmingly positive experience financially and just when it comes to general wear and tear on the house thus far. I can't imagine going back to having a full time tenant in there. Law of averages dictates that from time to time I'm gonna have a shitty guest. Funny thing is, they gave me a 5ive star rating. Most AirBnb members get it! They know how it all works and they treat things better than they do their own place. I'm the same way.

One common thing, almost every single guest, family, group, whatever.. unplug the little digital alarm clocks in the bedrooms. It took me a while to figure out why but I imagine it has to do with less than positive reports in the media about hosts spying, watching their guests get naked.  They flatter themselves..............

Jojo

A lady accidentally rolled over near a couple chocolates. She was asleep.  Her warm body weight smooshed the chocolate out of its wrappert.  Chocolate got on the back of her nightgown sleeve.  She had no idea.  A little transferred to her rump.

She woke, got out of bed quickly, sat on your fine chair where some of it transferred to the chair.  She did not notice.

Then she used the mouse pad, and the back of her sleeve transferred some.

She had IBS, her morning regularity.  She felt the owner is stingy with water to have turned the valve so low that the bowl barely fills.  She has IBS every morning, and as long as the toilet valve refills the bowl, not a problem.

She got home and started to do her laundry when she noticed the back s!eeve and backside of her nicest nightgown were ruined, with set-in chocolate stains.

Jojo

No more chocolates!

Open the valve!

ShayP

Quote from: Jojo on March 27, 2018, 08:18:03 PM
A lady accidentally rolled over near a couple chocolates. She was asleep.  Her warm body weight smooshed the chocolate out of its wrappert.  Chocolate got on the back of her nightgown sleeve.  She had no idea.  A little transferred to her rump.

She woke, got out of bed quickly, sat on your fine chair where some of it transferred to the chair.  She did not notice.

She had IBS, her morning regularity.  She felt the owner is stingy with water to have turned the valve so low that the bowl barely fills.  She has IBS every morning, and as long as the toilet valve refills the bowl, not a problem.

She got home and started to do her laundry when she noticed the back s!eeve and backside of her nicest nightgown were ruined, with set-in chocolate stains.

This is the worst beginning to a romance novel ever.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on March 27, 2018, 08:52:52 PM
This is the worst beginning to a romance novel ever.

Yeah but after after ksm phones to bitch her out and a brief exchange of insults they both realize they're in love with each other. The end. :)

ksm32

Cute, but those whores would have wiped their asses with those cats of yours. The chocolates are a hit with every other guest that actually eat them. Just like the complimentary local wines!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ksm32 on March 27, 2018, 10:09:25 PM
Cute, but those whores would have wiped their asses with those cats of yours. The chocolates are a hit with every other guest that actually eat them. Just like the complimentary local wines!

I understand what she's saying though as that's sorta how I reconstructed the crime in my mind. It doesn't seem unreasonable that if someone came back to your B&B drunk and didn't even realize there were chocolates on their pillow until they woke up with them melted into their clothes and skin. Maybe on the nightstand instead? ;)

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 27, 2018, 09:40:28 PM
Yeah but after after ksm phones to bitch her out and a brief exchange of insults they both realize they're in love with each other. The end. :)

Hehe. Yeah, she wants it. All 247 lbs of her.

ksm32

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 27, 2018, 10:13:18 PM
Maybe on the nightstand instead? ;)

..that's actually not a bad idea. Or perhaps place them with the shampoos, towels etc supplied on each dresser.

starrmtn001

Quote from: ksm32 on March 27, 2018, 10:15:52 PM
..that's actually not a bad idea. Or perhaps place them with the shampoos, towels etc supplied on each dresser.
What about white chocolate? ;D

ksm32

Quote from: StarrMountain on March 28, 2018, 02:39:09 PM
What about white chocolate? ;D

:)Haha! Does that mean that the horrible markings in the toilets would've been white?

starrmtn001

Quote from: ksm32 on March 28, 2018, 08:35:02 PM
:)Haha! Does that mean that the horrible markings in the toilets would've been white?
Certainly wouldn't stand out as badly, lol. ;D

paladin1991

You must be a detective.

https://youtu.be/Pn-PjH5ID4khttps://youtu.be/f2ce-zC_n8E

ksm32

Hate white chocolate. No self respecting Easter bunny would even dream of such a thing.

The sheets, the upholstery stains and everything else is like new now. Thanks to my Bissel, lemon, bleach, vinegar and various soaps and detergents. I used a metal file to scrape their shit off the beautiful porcelain. Whores.