Ya he didn't blink once when doing the wrap up show lol

ge30542

Quote from: akwilly on April 21, 2016, 11:43:21 PM
Ya he didn't blink once when doing the wrap up show lol
I noticed that and thought the exact same thing

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on April 22, 2016, 12:04:15 PM
I noticed that and thought the exact same thing
I'm not sure what current testing policies are or if 'friendly' doctors but I've noticed lotsa pitchers and goalies look like they found a doctor who say they are ADHD and doubling up on the Ritalin and Adderall (if not the more old school stuff.) Intense focus with no blinking.

ps: shit. Neuvirth in the zone. 44 shots, versus 11 for Philly, and the Caps lose at home?  :o >:(

trostol

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2016, 07:54:10 PM
I'm not sure what current testing policies are or if 'friendly' doctors but I've noticed lotsa pitchers and goalies look like they found a doctor who say they are ADHD and doubling up on the Ritalin and Adderall (if not the more old school stuff.) Intense focus with no blinking.

ps: shit. Neuvirth in the zone. 44 shots, versus 11 for Philly, and the Caps lose at home?  :o >:(

Neuvy was unreal tonight...

Quote from: albrecht on April 22, 2016, 07:54:10 PM

That's one of the best things about the playoffs is watching a goalie activate god mode. Most of my favorite memories in hockey aside from the fights is watching a goalie go on a crazy run.

I'm going to say something obvious but Duncan Keith is the best defenseman in the world. Watching him completely control last night's game and be on the ice every other shift was the type of post season mastery I haven't seen since Pronger and Lidstrom.

akwilly

First time I've ever seen a free shot in a playoff game

akwilly

If Florida can kill this penalty I think it will go to 3rd ot

ge30542

Fuck Pierre McGuire. He's between the glass, blowing Hawks.

akwilly

GravitySucks

Quote from: akwilly on April 23, 2016, 09:03:38 PM
Fuck ya game 7!!!!!!

One of these two teams. Blues or the Hawks will win the cup this year, if the players can stay healthy.

ge30542

Gravity, hope your playoff beard is still intact. I don't see my Blues winning game 7. I'll be stunned if they do.
Maybe next year.

albrecht

My Caps and Stars get through but, man, the Wild almost pulled off an epic come-back when they finally started to play.

136 or 142

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 23, 2016, 09:12:20 PM
One of these two teams. Blues or the Hawks will win the cup this year, if the players can stay healthy.

I don't think so, they've both pounded each other and St Louis or Chicago will have to play Dallas next.  I would expect either St Louis or Chicago to beat Dallas due to Dallas' comparatively poor goaltending, but Dallas will also pound one of them.

I expect that Anaheim will emerge as the other semi final team and I would also expect that Anaheim will make quackers of their opponent.

You could possibly make a stronger case that the winner of the Pittsburgh-Washington series will win the cup this year.

ge30542

Still very early, but it's ALL StL.

Taco Bell

This game so far.... Holy shit.

Blues advance! I don't think there is much chance we can beat Dallas though. Dallas looks very good right now.

ge30542

WOW! Hats off to the Hawks. Champions never quit. Great effort, great game.

GravitySucks

Quote from: ge30542 on April 25, 2016, 09:26:24 PM
WOW! Hats off to the Hawks. Champions never quit. Great effort, great game.

Good luck to the Blues.

albrecht

There is some funny tweets going around about some black dude who was looking for a baseball game and discovered hockey for the first time and tweeted about it.
"Tony X" confused by game but loves how rough it is and surprised at things (pulling the goalie= "The goalie just said Fuck It and left??" "this dude has like 3 teeth left. This shit is rough and violent." "White people have been hiding hockey from us for years bruh. This shit is LIT" (I don't know what LIT means.)
ps: it appears the tweets have found their way to the Blues and they are giving him tickets and gear because as he questioned "I'm there 🙌🙌🙌 should i bring a jacket? 😂 I'm so serious. It is a room full of ice"
https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/725065872230993920
ps: go Stars! Go Caps!

ge30542

Quote from: albrecht on April 27, 2016, 08:58:37 PM
There is some funny tweets going around about some black dude who was looking for a baseball game and discovered hockey for the first time and tweeted about it.
"Tony X" confused by game but loves how rough it is and surprised at things (pulling the goalie= "The goalie just said Fuck It and left??" "this dude has like 3 teeth left. This shit is rough and violent." "White people have been hiding hockey from us for years bruh. This shit is LIT" (I don't know what LIT means.)
ps: it appears the tweets have found their way to the Blues and they are giving him tickets and gear because as he questioned "I'm there 🙌🙌🙌 should i bring a jacket? 😂 I'm so serious. It is a room full of ice"
https://twitter.com/soIoucity/status/725065872230993920
ps: go Stars! Go Caps!
A room full of ice, that's funny.

ge30542

I found the article, and his other tweets. He said, "yo hockey got 2 halftimes to get snacks, NBA only got 1".

albrecht

Quote from: ge30542 on April 28, 2016, 03:05:00 PM
I found the article, and his other tweets. He said, "yo hockey got 2 halftimes to get snacks, NBA only got 1".
I love it. "2halftimes" the guy is a genius!
ps: Great Caps win! (It is amazing with all the HD cameras and slo-mo and reviews in hockey and baseball that sometimes you still can't see which way it should go. But in this case on that one angle you could see it was a goal.)

akwilly

Quote from: albrecht on April 28, 2016, 11:09:09 PM
I love it. "2halftimes" the guy is a genius!
ps: Great Caps win! (It is amazing with all the HD cameras and slo-mo and reviews in hockey and baseball that sometimes you still can't see which way it should go. But in this case on that one angle you could see it was a goal.)
You got to hand it to the refs, they seem to make the right calls way more than the NFL refs or MLB guys.

albrecht

Quote from: akwilly on April 28, 2016, 11:11:16 PM
You got to hand it to the refs, they seem to make the right calls way more than the NFL refs or MLB guys.
Yeah, and a faster game, normally. I'm almost saying we need to go back. The delays hurt the game. It allows rest, which can change things quickly in hockey, and, in bb, makes the game longer. I don't know. I want the "right call" but also it is a game played by, watched by, and adjudicated by humans and we aren't perfect.