• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 07:35:53 PM
I hold a US visa, have an SSN, lived there, filed (and still file my taxes) there.  No voting allowed.

Taxation without representation my ass.
Yeah, but you still could likely vote if you were the "right type." Yeah, and if Bernie gets in it will even be worse because taxes must go up to pay for all the give-aways. I've lived some places where you were allowed to vote in certain elections if you were a resident and tax-payer but not citizen. It made sense. You are living in the community, paying the local taxes, rents, etc why not have a say? I would separate it out like that: non citizens can vote in local elections that effect them (local bonds, zoning, school board, etc) but not in Federal elections (and  up to the States if they want them to vote in State elections.) Illegals shouldn't be able to vote though. And the US should stop taxing income generated in foreign places- at least by individuals, especially if they reside there! We are the only country to do this infernal practice.

Quote from: albrecht on May 04, 2016, 07:47:40 PM
Yeah, but you still could likely vote if you were the "right type." Yeah, and if Bernie gets in it will even be worse because taxes must go up to pay for all the give-aways. I've lived some places where you were allowed to vote in certain elections if you were a resident and tax-payer but not citizen. It made sense. You are living in the community, paying the local taxes, rents, etc why not have a say? I would separate it out like that: non citizens can vote in local elections that effect them (local bonds, zoning, school board, etc) but not in Federal elections (and  up to the States if they want them to vote in State elections.) Illegals shouldn't be able to vote though. And the US should stop taxing income generated in foreign places- at least by individuals, especially if they reside there! We are the only country to do this infernal practice.
I'm white.  I lived in Houston.  You are no doubt correct, I could have voted unimpeded.

coaster

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 07:40:22 PM
Not a fan of the guy (although he has been less crappy than I feared).  I voted NDP for the first time since college this time around.
got a girl up in Kitchener. She doesn't shut up about the guy. "he's hot" don't ya know. His ideals and policies? what are policies? This is a world wide thing. Someone comes along,..lets say Trump. They fall in love with them. because they are entertaining.
Trumps numbers are so high because hes got a young vote too. Young 18 year old kids who don't know what politics are. then he has the middle aged vote. folks my age and this thread. people who just want to see someone troll the fucking white house. because...idiots.
had to say it. people are not smart anymore. if they really knew what they wanted to vote into the white house. if they were fucking smart enough.... they would sit back and say what the fuck? donald trump??? the guy is fucking retarded.
but hey, it'll get some laughs. just wait until every part of all of these people's every day is affected by Trump's policies. It's just a fucking gross misuse of intelligence. And thank god, there is only a few barain cells between the entire group of trump supporters. it'll burn out eventually.

Quote from: coaster on May 04, 2016, 07:29:00 PM
Canada's entertainer. Young hot shot. It's not politics anymore. It's celebrity. Thats what people want evidently.
The closest analogy to Trump in Canada would have been Rob Ford.  Got rich through his father's business, working class populist, anti-intellectual, repeatedly caught making racist and sexist comments, polarizing.  Like Trump, people either loved or hated the guy, not much middle ground.

Quote from: coaster on May 04, 2016, 07:39:23 PM
again, literally all you got. something new other than bringing up yesterday's news? fuck. jesus, you are so fucking weak. you literally bring nothing. to me, to others, to this site. what a waste of typing. fuck me.
I've noticed  you ride on people coattails after they post. That must be fun. You fucking mong. You do nothing for me. we are done.

*yawn* Your PM's say different, friendo.

Catsmile

Quote from: rekcuf on May 04, 2016, 07:41:25 PM
It doesn't matter because Trump isn't of "colour" as some say...

Mmmkay. I find you are moar effective when you troll Art & Falkie.

If you can't see how orange Trump is... I suspect you can't see how huge of a latent homosexual tendency it is to be an adult male, and still watch burly men oiled up "wrestling" each other. My only point was orange apes are orange.

#NotThatTheresAnythingWrongWithThat!

Quote from: coaster on May 04, 2016, 07:55:30 PM
got a girl up in Kitchener. She doesn't shut up about the guy. "he's hot" don't ya know. His ideals and policies? what are policies? This is a world wide thing. Someone comes along,..lets say Trump. They fall in love with them. because they are entertaining.
Trumps numbers are so high because hes got a young vote too. Young 18 year old kids who don't know what politics are. then he has the middle aged vote. folks my age and this thread. people who just want to see someone troll the fucking white house. because...idiots.
had to say it. people are not smart anymore. if they really knew what they wanted to vote into the white house. if they were fucking smart enough.... they would sit back and say what the fuck? donald trump??? the guy is fucking retarded.
but hey, it'll get some laughs. just wait until every part of all of these people's every day is affected by Trump's policies. It's just a fucking gross misuse of intelligence. And thank god, there is only a few barain cells between the entire group of trump supporters. it'll burn out eventually.
I'm not going to defend Trudeau's policies, but he does have them.  He wasn't an outsider like Trump, winging it and making shit up on the fly.  He was born, raised and groomed to become the Prime Minister, and he is a very bright guy, with the full backing of his party.  I get what you are saying about some of his supporters, but the Liberal party is a well oiled machine, with obscene levels of funding (by Canadian standards).  When you are a centrist party in a three party system, you folks have to defeat you, not the other way around.  He's more Hillary than Trump.

Edit:  Kitchener, huh?  What part of the country are you in again -  Michigan?

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 08:05:14 PM
I'm not going to defend Trudeau's policies, but he does have them.  He wasn't an outsider like Trump, winging it and making shit up on the fly.  He was born, raised and groomed to become the Prime Minister, and he is a very bright guy, with the full backing of his party.  I get what you are saying about some of his supporters, but the Liberal party is a well oiled machine, with obscene levels of funding (by Canadian standards).  When you are a centrist party in a three party system, you folks have to defeat you, not the other way around.  He's more Hillary than Trump.

Your Prime Minister is a narcissistic creepy bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqaQ4nJ_HuE

Quote from: Catsmile on May 04, 2016, 08:04:48 PM
Mmmkay. I find you are moar effective when you troll Art & Falkie.

If you can't see how orange Trump is... I suspect you can't see how huge of a latent homosexual tendency it is to be an adult male, and still watch burly men oiled up "wrestling" each other. My only point was orange apes are orange.

#NotThatTheresAnythingWrongWithThat!

I'm sorry, how am I supposed to function when someone calls me "unoriginal" or something like that? I'm wounded! Emotionally wounded!  :'(

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 04, 2016, 07:04:03 PM
Because the demoncrats[ are trying to grant them citizenship and register them to vote.

Demoncrats...never heard that before...I like it

TigerLily

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 07:03:56 PM
Good lord no.  Trump is a liberal's wet dream.  I am looking forward to 8 more years of wholly unopposed good governance while the science deniers and devil dodgers lick their wounds. 8)
Shhhh. You're giving away the evil liberal agenda!

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 08:20:34 PM

Ball 1.

Your posts reek of a retarded kid flailing around on the ground desperately trying to convince others the things you say have any thought or intelligence behind them.

Quote from: TigerLily on May 04, 2016, 08:27:53 PM
Shhhh. You're giving away the evil liberal agenda!
:)

Overheard at Trump's wedding, Hillary and Donald chatting:

H:  Such a lovely ceremony Donald, first class all the way. 

D: Thanks, Hillary.  Anything I can do for you?  Donation check, maybe.  Nice rack, by the way.

H: (Giggles) Well, I am thinking of a presidential run in 2016.  Would love your support.

D: (Slaps Hillary's ass) Anything for you, toots.  Hell, I could run as a third party candidate, and split the Republican vote for you.

H: That would be great, but no one would believe you are a conservative after all these years of supporting Democrats.

D: True.  (Flags down waiter) Hey, Pedro, another Perrier, por favor.  Well, I could run for the Republican candidacy. Troll the candidates, say a whole bunch of stupid and racist shit that will expose the base as spiteful nationalists.  Crazy shit, like building a wall on the Mexican border...

H: (Laughing) And forcing Mexico to pay for it!

D: Fuck yeah, that would be some first rate trolling. Bet a bunch of the suckers will fall for it, too.  Betcha I can get the coloreds pissed off, too.  I already pulled that birther crap, won't be hard to stoke the racial tensions again.

H: That would be great.  Could you insult women and the disabled as well?  And talk about how great Putin and Kim Jong Il are?

D:  Piece of cake.  If there is one thing I am good at, it's pissing off lots and lots of people.  Just ask my ex wives, or all of the people in Manhattan!

H:  Oh Donald, how could I ever repay..

D: (Rapidly interrupting) Bill's little black book.

Quote from: Teh PeNgu1n oF dOOm on May 04, 2016, 08:31:28 PM
Your posts reek of a retarded kid flailing around on the ground desperately trying to convince others the things you say have any thought or intelligence behind them.
And... Ball 2.

Gotta bring the heat, goober.  This is the big leagues, not the sand lot behind the 7/11 where you hang with your classmates.

coaster

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 07:58:59 PM
The closest analogy to Trump in Canada would have been Rob Ford.  Got rich through his father's business, working class populist, anti-intellectual, repeatedly caught making racist and sexist comments, polarizing.  Like Trump, people either loved or hated the guy, not much middle ground.
eh..I like Rob Ford. The guy worked. He was a politician. Trump is not a politician. Ford had issues, but he worked. I'd say Trump is the political circle's Falkie.

coaster

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 08:05:14 PM

I'm in Nebraska. But yes, I love Canada. Figure my next trip is in a few weeks. I've yet to see the prairie too. Just told her about it yesterday. Saskatchewan. Thinking Moose Jaw. Who knows. Shes not up for it yet. Shes east coast ya know. Its like taking a new yorker to nebraska..

The General

Quote from: The General on February 11, 2011, 10:30:00 AM
He's a savvy businessman and he could probably do more to fix our financial mess than anyone else could.  He's a strong conservative, he wants to impose tarrifs on China, he wants to make incentives for businesses to stay in the USA instead of shipping jobs over the borders and across the seas, he wants to fix the mess made by NAFTA.  He was against the Bush machine's dumb mistakes financially and militarily.  He wants to pull our troops out of Afghanistan and other places where we don't need to be.  He wants to run the country like a business and not an empire.  And I think he could do it.

Quote from: coaster on May 04, 2016, 08:55:29 PM
I'm in Nebraska. But yes, I love Canada. Figure my next trip is in a few weeks. I've yet to see the prairie too. Just told her about it yesterday. Saskatchewan. Thinking Moose Jaw. Who knows. Shes not up for it yet. Shes east coast ya know. Its like taking a new yorker to nebraska..
Wow, Moose Jaw.  You like your tourism real, huh?  Visit in February.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2016, 03:21:32 PM
Trump needs to pick a conservative candidate for VP to move forward that would appeal to the #nevertrumps.  I doubt Cruz would want to be on the ticket given Trump and his surrogates disgusting behavior during the primaries.  Maybe Dr. Carson, Jeff Sessions, or Newt Gingrich.  I think Newt would be the best choice of these 3.

i think cruz would be a bad choice as vp for lots of reasons.  however, i would be completely happy with cruz as a supreme court pick.  i'd see it as a reliable establishment of balance on the court.

coaster

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 04, 2016, 09:02:09 PM
Wow, Moose Jaw.  You like your tourism real, huh?  Visit in February.

not really tourism. I used to chase storms. usually at the mid season, our storms move up there. Tornados...gotta chase them.
I visited once and loved it. This girl, Jess, I have a vested interest in. Visited Kitchener, Hamilton, Forrest something, (whatever the hell forrest something) but yes. Don't tell anyone, but we're in the works to get me a work visa for up there. I may be one of those lousy Trump haters who moves to Canada. /fingers crossed.

coaster

Quote from: MV on May 04, 2016, 09:10:39 PM
i think cruz would be a bad choice as vp for lots of reasons. 
holy shit, something we agree on.

The General

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 04, 2016, 03:21:32 PM
Well the most important thing now is ensure a Trump presidency.  We know Hillary will pack the Supreme Court with liberals if elected.  I am not sure what Trump will do but he is far more likely to put conservatives not judicial activists on the Supreme Court.  I have to support Trump now and it is time for the #nevertrumps to come back to the fold.  Trump needs to pick a conservative candidate for VP to move forward that would appeal to the #nevertrumps.  I doubt Cruz would want to be on the ticket given Trump and his surrogates disgusting behavior during the primaries.  Maybe Dr. Carson, Jeff Sessions, or Newt Gingrich.  I think Newt would be the best choice of these 3.

Please God not Newt.
I'm still holding out for Judge Judy as VP.
Gotta cinch the daytime TV vote.

The General

i think cruz would be a bad choice as vp for lots of reasons.  however, i would be completely happy with cruz as a supreme court pick.  i'd see it as a reliable establishment of balance on the court.
YES!
He's a douchebag but he's got a reliable constitution, if you know what I mean.
And I mean that he understands it.  The constitution, that is.
And maybe that his bowels are regular.
Which also doesn't hurt.

starrmtn001

I would like to see Ben Carson as VP.  But, at least he's on the Trump Team now (My YouTube post about is is about a page or so back).

Value Of Pi

Quote from: coaster on May 04, 2016, 06:21:14 PM
I know no one cares, but I just want to say I'm not trying to shit on you folks for liking Trump. Well, I did shit on you, but I am just so frustrated with the guy. It's pretty wild, because no one really affects me the way he does. There are so many things about him that I just abhor. I guess I got to get used to it huh? haha... Clinton is not the right choice. Fuck it. Give the guy a chance I guess. Congress will keep him in check I figure. I do like Newt Gingrich. If he is VP, I figure he too will keep the bloated waterhead Trump in check. I just worry...

Not to make your day any worse, but forget the "Congress will keep him in check" thing. And the "His advisors will keep him from doing anything really dangerous" thing. This guy is a one man wrecking machine who resists like hell having anyone else temper his judgement or his actions.

A president has the power to do an awful lot of damage before Congress even has a chance to get a word in, much less pass legislation. And everyone around Trump will be hand-picked to be loyal enough, obedient enough and unqualified enough not to contest Trump's dictums (witness his picks for a foreign policy team).

The whole idea of keeping around someone like Robert Gates, a holdover from the Bush administration who stayed on as SecDef under Obama, would be anathema for Trump. Megalomaniacs and narcissists value total loyalty, not dissenting opinions or contrary points of view from people of integrity.

Trump's first and foremost task would be to replace or fire anyone he sees as a possible impediment to enforcing his orders and policies. This is what authoritarian types do when they get into power and Trump is a self-admitted and proud authoritarian.

Quote from: The General on May 04, 2016, 09:20:26 PM
YES!
He's a douchebag but he's got a reliable constitution, if you know what I mean.
And I mean that he understands it.  The constitution, that is.
And maybe that his bowels are regular.
Which also doesn't hurt.

+1

Plus his funky, undertaker, creepy look would fit right in with the rest of the freak show up there:

starrmtn001

Quote from: rekcuf on May 04, 2016, 08:20:52 PM
I'm sorry, how am I supposed to function when someone calls me "unoriginal" or something like that? I'm wounded! Emotionally wounded!  :'(
{{{{{{{Rekcuf}}}}}}}.  There, there.  Don't let that mean old Catsmile get you down.

Call him cliche infested.  That will get his dander up! ;D

The General

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on May 04, 2016, 09:26:51 PM
+1

Plus his funky, undertaker, creepy look would fit right in with the rest of the freak show up there:

Jeezus, it's like the real life Munsters.