• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

I can't believe they are debating flat earth theory!

Started by henge0stone, August 05, 2015, 02:07:54 PM

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2015, 02:33:41 AM
  Hehehehe

Jeez, Jacktroll is looking to get banned again?  His posts are what the ignore feature is for

Jackstar

Quote from: Paper*Boy on August 06, 2015, 02:36:47 AM
Jeez, Jacktroll

Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

It's cool brah. There are support groups you can find out about.

KnyeGuy

I think this was a fairly good show. I know alot of people just want to hear paranormal topics, but I think that unless there's something new to uncover, it's all been said and the topic has been beaten to death. I would rather listen to this show than the GIS people and their EVP recordings.

ItsOver

Quote from: paladin1991 on August 06, 2015, 02:32:56 AM
Hi Dave!  You gonna book these guys next?
I sure hope so.  Plus help yourself to Jay the Jackwad from the previous night.  It this keeps up, I hope Art starts posting the guests early enough for Dave and PremRat to save us from them.  Where's Chunga when you need him.

phrodo

That idiot last night was a pure troll. There's no way he could be stupid enough to believe the shit he was dealing. I was not proud of Art for letting him ramble on with his drivel. Art should have called him on his trolling and said goodnight to him .. and let the REAL scientist stay on to refute what that nimrod was trying to sell without the jackwad interrupting every 10 seconds.

henge0stone

The way the show was done was good. It was a 'can you believe the crazy things people believe in' and not promoting the 'theory'.

zeebo

Quote from: henge0stone on August 06, 2015, 07:13:38 PM
The way the show was done was good. It was a 'can you believe the crazy things people believe in' and not promoting the 'theory'.

Yep it's not quite promoting the theory when Art's more interested in if the guy ever fell on his head.

henge0stone

Quote from: zeebo on August 06, 2015, 07:21:14 PM
Yep it's not quite promoting the theory when Art's more interested in if the guy ever fell on his head.

well can you blame him?

AceAzzameen

To me, at first it seemed like sort of a mean spirited interview, with the comments Art was making. But not really, because "John" eagerly invites that kind of ridicule with theories like "Flat Earth". His NASA opponent in the debate deserved a medal for keeping his cool the entire time.

SredniVashtar

How does a Flat-Earther explain Coriolis Force, that makes water go down the plughole one way in the Northern and another in the Southern Hemispheres? Did we all grow up believing that too?

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on August 11, 2015, 09:25:48 AM
How does a Flat-Earther explain Coriolis Force, that makes water go down the plughole one way in the Northern and another in the Southern Hemispheres? Did we all grow up believing that too?

As long as they're not allowed to breed or communicate from the island they're banished to they can believe what they like. They are banished aren't they?

zmbabwe

Quote from: phrodo on August 06, 2015, 06:59:04 PM
That idiot last night was a pure troll. There's no way he could be stupid enough to believe the shit he was dealing. I was not proud of Art for letting him ramble on with his drivel. Art should have called him on his trolling and said goodnight to him .. and let the REAL scientist stay on to refute what that nimrod was trying to sell without the jackwad interrupting every 10 seconds.

He wasn't a troll, he legitimately believes in the flat earth theory.  He's one of the "bigwigs" in the movement.

henge0stone

Quote from: zmbabwe on November 04, 2015, 01:50:34 AM
He wasn't a troll, he legitimately believes in the flat earth theory.  He's one of the "bigwigs" in the movement.

I think the whole movement might be run by trolls. Or at least I hope so.

Art

I learned that's a myth from a Simpsons DVD commentary.   I don't care enough to comprehend why, but you might.

Quote from: Art Crow on November 06, 2015, 07:48:44 PM
I learned that's a myth from a Simpsons DVD commentary.   I don't care enough to comprehend why, but you might.

Indeed, my friend.  The Coriolis force in a bathroom drain is not strong enough to overcome perturbations or asymmetries in the flow.  In a perfect world it might work, but in reality other factors affect the direction of a toilet or bathtub drain.

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 06, 2015, 08:29:44 PM
Indeed, my friend.  The Coriolis force in a bathroom drain is not strong enough to overcome perturbations or asymmetries in the flow.  In a perfect world it might work, but in reality other factors affect the direction of a toilet or bathtub drain.

I'd like to find a force strong enough to overcome the perturbations and asymmetries in my flow at this stage of life.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 06, 2015, 10:13:07 PM
I'd like to find a force strong enough to overcome the perturbations and asymmetries in my flow at this stage of life.

Grapefruit juice?

Thanks to The Simpsons and my own laziness in not seeking corroboration, for several years I thought Laszlo Panaflex invented the Panaflex camera.  D'oh!

Quote from: Georgie For President 2216 on November 06, 2015, 10:17:44 PM
Grapefruit juice?

I'm a big fan already, because I enjoy it as a mixer for tequila and dark rum!

Hope you're doing well, GFP!  May your flow be symmetrical and unperturbed!

zmbabwe

Debunking the drain spin is a Bootable offense!

onan

Water doesn't spin. It is the world spinning in the opposite direction that causes the effect.

DanTSX

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on November 06, 2015, 10:31:51 PM
I'm a big fan already, because I enjoy it as a mixer for tequila and dark rum!

Hope you're doing well, GFP!  May your flow be symmetrical and unperturbed!

I use it as a mixer for opiates. ;D

Flat earthers just say that the coriolis effect does not exist.  One of their cited reasons is that there's nothing in some army sharpshooters manual for training snipers that mentions the coriolis effect, and something about how they had no instrumentation to account for it in ww2, but were still able to make very long range shots from various artilleries.

The whole concept is baffling to me.  I would have thought timezones pretty much refute the flat earth concept for anyone without means to blast into the upper atmosphere and take a look for themselves, but nope.

Jackstar

Quote from: Emergency Bacon on January 19, 2016, 06:46:53 PM
The whole concept is baffling to me.

There are three Earths. They all use the same Internet.

Do you get it yet? They're right on their world.

Jackstar

Quote from: PB the Deplorable on August 06, 2015, 02:36:47 AM
Jeez, Jacktroll is looking to get banned again?  His posts are what the ignore feature is for

massive rolleyes