• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150731 - Art Bell Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 31, 2015, 11:07:31 AM

Lilith

I love Open Lines........it delivers a combination of real and the imagination.  What I choose to believe or not believe is left totally up to me.  Fantastic Show........Thank You to all the callers !! Great job one and all ! You all kept me entertained, what more can one ask for?

aldousburbank

Heh
Just listening to the replay, Art chuckling about blue balls.

littlechris

Quote from: brig on August 01, 2015, 07:54:55 PM
I love Open Lines........it delivers a combination of real and the imagination.  What I choose to believe or not believe is left totally up to me.  Fantastic Show........Thank You to all the callers !! Great job one and all ! You all kept me entertained, what more can one ask for?

Hey briggy,

Yes, I also LOVE open lines. Art needs to have open lines at least twice a week.

-

Lilith

Quote from: littlechris on August 01, 2015, 11:29:16 PM
Hey briggy,

Yes, I also LOVE open lines. Art needs to have open lines at least twice a week.

-

ABSOLUTELY......there are SO MANY of us we want to hear.  If we only have open lines once a week, we will never get to hear everyone call in at least once lol's

TomBl

I come to miss the program on the weekend... and especially on Sunday night / Monday morning. 
The "Monday" show runs here for an hour on Monday & the balance on Tuesday.

CornyCrow

Quote from: slippingaway on August 01, 2015, 02:26:51 PM
WTF do you have against Aussies? I'm a little upset that Art seems more inclined to pick up the international line than the 'merican line.
Maybe the 'other' is depressed at seeing Art's reach?

CornyCrow

Quote from: slippingaway on August 01, 2015, 07:45:03 PM
Scully, I tend to agree with you.  That woman that thought Art was a screener, that comes from years of conditioning.  I think when Art brings people on, he should say "Norfolk, Virginia you are on the air, hello..." and if they can't get generate anything but dead air, ditch that call!
Art obviously enjoys toying with the great unwashed.

Brewhound

Wow, Classified classified brought back memories of the old show big time.  That was pretty cool.

Quote from: Aussie Dave on August 01, 2015, 04:36:17 AM
Why all the Aussie hate from the two of you?

Is my $5 USD not the same value as yours?

Perhaps you were spurned by an Aussie lover once. Was he too rough for you?

Don't let a couple of fuck heads get to you.  I and most Americans think well of Aussies and Kiwis.  I think it's pretty refreshing to hear callers from other countries taking interest...the show is for everyone

Quote from: Daggit on August 01, 2015, 03:17:03 PM
Here here. I like the international flavor to the show and Art likes it too.

Why are most Americans so Merica-centric and can't see that there is a potential for Art to reach a massive worldwide audience with an internet show and hence more dollars for him in the future. 

There are 310 million of us here, so let's not use the phrase "most Americans" unless you know that the true fellings from each one of them.  Not sure where you grew up, but in my part of the Southeast everyone is pretty cool and quite a few Brits and Aussies live in the state. 

Your comment is absolutely fucking ridiculous, especially when you look at the replies to the Aussie comment in this thread, most Americans here are sticking up for Aussies. 

ItsOver

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on August 02, 2015, 08:48:53 AM
Don't let a couple of fuck heads get to you.  I and most Americans think well of Aussies and Kiwis.  I think it's pretty refreshing to hear callers from other countries taking interest...the show is for everyone
Agree.  Are there any Aussies who are not good-natured?  They always seem fun-loving and jovial.     

Asadora

Was looking forward to listening to Open Lines when I woke up Saturday morning; however, my recording setup had failed. I had the time set up perfectly, just forgot to turn it on. So, all day yesterday, I spent trying to convince myself 'It's just open lines....no guests..you can go without Art for two mornings....' I spent part of the day yesterday, lurking this thread to try to catch up on what I could have possibly missed, because if it was unforgettable, the chance of ya'll posting about it is highly likely.

Today, I woke up with withdrawal symptoms, even my southern pecan flavored coffee didn't taste the same because I had no morning Art to listen to whilst drinking it...like I have been all week.

I sit here right at this moment, listening to Friday's Open Lines. With the paranormal news now being included in the playback...there was no reason of principle which prevents me from becoming a Time Traveler again. I wanted the paranormal news included in the playback and it's now in the playback.

Now I can proudly share my avatar pic made in full complete honesty, for once again history repeats itself and a Time Traveler again am I.

Also, I can still record for my personal collection utterly guilt free.

Being kind to oneself is priceless ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: Asadora on August 02, 2015, 10:09:46 AM
So, all day yesterday, I spent trying to convince myself 'It's just open lines....no guests..you can go without Art for two mornings....'

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Daggit on August 01, 2015, 03:17:03 PM
Why are most Americans so Merica-centric and can't see that there is a potential for Art to reach a massive worldwide audience with an internet show and hence more dollars for him in the future.  This will ensure that the show survives and thrives and will in the long run keep the costs down for the listener.

It's not most of us. Just a couple of insular people that don't know how to chill out and enjoy the show. Beyond that I agree entirely, the more international the audience the more subscriptions there will be and that keeps Art and company on the air. Bring on the Aussies.

NoMoreNoory

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 02, 2015, 11:49:02 AM
It's not most of us. Just a couple of insular people that don't know how to chill out and enjoy the show. Beyond that I agree entirely, the more international the audience the more subscriptions there will be and that keeps Art and company on the air. Bring on the Aussies.

Just don't mention the cricket.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Fields_of_Tron on August 02, 2015, 08:48:53 AM
A little cruder then I would have put it, but I agree.  We are all one, big, happy ArtBell family here.  There's room under the umbrella for all of us.   

Dr Who

Don't know why anyone needs to miss a show just become a time traveller and listen anytime.
As for Aussies having spent three months in Darwin I always found them to be very friendly.

Noorynoid

I sure like Art's new show. It is very good and much better then when he was with Sirrius/XM. Truckers are ok callers but talking on the cellphone and driving a truck at the same time is dangerous. At least that is what I have been told.

Noorynoid

Quote from: TomBl on August 02, 2015, 03:23:59 AM
I come to miss the program on the weekend... and especially on Sunday night / Monday morning. 
The "Monday" show runs here for an hour on Monday & the balance on Tuesday.

Yes, Saturday should be a compilation of 'best of' from the previous week. Similar to what Clyde Lewis does on Ground Zero. Either that or repeat a previous show like Red Eye Radio does. I started listening to those guys after George was no longer digestible.

How arrogant and delusional does one have to be to say, "Hi Art! It's me! Do you remember me?!?"

CornyCrow

Yes, that's pretty bad.  If you like Art you put him on the spot because he must meet lots of people and after a while, unless there's really something outstanding, we must all merge into one.  Also, we have to figure that maybe he lives where he lives to avoid people congestion?  Nothing wrong with that. 

I like the idea of an Art Bell cruise, though.  I'll bet Art would not bring his family with him and, really, he probably should not leave them for something like that.  Couldn't you see us all getting high/drunk, getting in fights and people getting thrown overboard?  Nah, I'll bet we would all get along just great.  I think we're like a family, fighting all the time, but still liking each other.