• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150730 - John Dvorak - Life Beyond Earth - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 30, 2015, 09:57:29 PM

Stephen

Quote from: PathoJen on July 30, 2015, 10:31:11 PM
Me too. However, Southern California and the Bay Area have retrofitted a lot of the older buildings and freeway overpasses etc, so it might hold up ok. An earthquake hitting some random state that is not prepared for it, is where the most damage will happen. I live in denial, I'm happier that way.
the long beach quake in 1933 prompted all the seismic building code upgrades throughout california... but if it shakes hard enough - all bets are off...

Herbn-Legend

*smokez some weed*😯💨💨💨 im getn REDEYE 4da big 1😝

Noorynoid

Quote from: chefist on July 30, 2015, 10:30:55 PM
i worry for california...hope they are all prepared..

The majority of people who live in California are not prepared. Despite repeated warnings via the media most have not prepared. Hey, those earthquakes that many people are injured or killed happen somewhere else, not in sunny California!

PathoJen

Quote from: AppealPlay on July 30, 2015, 10:29:47 PM
I'm never been in a terrible earthquake.  The biggest I've ever experienced is the Mineral quake which was a 5.8 and it was too bad (I did lose one of my favorite coffee mugs, though).
That's actually a moderate quake.

PrairieGhost

Quote from: PathoJen on July 30, 2015, 10:33:20 PM
What am I looking at here

Well, I seen it as the top news on the Dark Matter News website and I thought it was going to be talked about.

http://darkmatternews.com/ghost-woman-baby-photo-shows-mysterious-figure-in-window/

I failed!  :-[

Chine

Quote from: Wednesday on July 30, 2015, 10:31:26 PM
Hi

I'm a Time Traveler and have been having a lot of fun reading Bellgab since Art returned. Also, 2 nights ago, hearing RCH.

I live near downtown San Francisco. I'm one of the hundreds of members who've joined SF's Neighborhood Emergency Response Team and have been for over 7 years. We've been trained to take care of ourselves after a major disaster because the SF Fire Dept. thinks stocking up and preparing for self-sufficiency for 72 hours is just not enough. Think 5 days. The Earthquake Go bag is nothing to take lightly.

You should try to call in.

nbirnes

Hi

I'm a Time Traveler and have been having a lot of fun reading Bellgab since Art returned. Also, 2 nights ago, hearing RCH.

I live near downtown San Francisco. I'm one of the hundreds of members who've joined SF's Neighborhood Emergency Response Team and have been for over 7 years. We've been trained to take care of ourselves after a major disaster because the SF Fire Dept. thinks stocking up and preparing for self-sufficiency for 72 hours is just not enough. Think 5 days. The Earthquake Go bag is nothing to take lightly.

Good on you. And thanks for posting this. Preparing is better than worrying. Unless it gets out of hand, of course.

Pumamama

Hi

Greetings from the East Bay!  Were you here for Loma Prieta?

Noorynoid

Living in an area that the ground is mostly granite I would think would be a safer place to live during a big quake. Soft soil areas not so good.

Herbn-Legend

Strange fact. Wen the 7.2 hit here i had plants in the ground. Turnz out my crop produced MORE an waz more potent medicine😯💨💨💨

PathoJen

Hi

Hi Wednesday! That is very good that you have a plan.

Pumamama

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 30, 2015, 10:33:38 PM
*smokez some weed*😯💨💨💨 im getn REDEYE 4da big 1😝

We all know what's in your bug out bag ;D

Pumamama

Quote from: Herbn-Legend on July 30, 2015, 10:36:36 PM
Strange fact. Wen the 7.2 hit here i had plants in the ground. Turnz out my crop produced MORE an waz more potent medicine😯💨💨💨

Interesting!

NoMoreNoory

I'm really digging Leo Asscrack and his Dark Matter News.

PathoJen

Quote from: PrairieGhost on July 30, 2015, 10:35:12 PM
Well, I seen it as the top news on the Dark Matter News website and I thought it was going to be talked about.

http://darkmatternews.com/ghost-woman-baby-photo-shows-mysterious-figure-in-window/

I failed!  :-[
Looks like a juggalo from my phone.

WTF with this website. I constantly get "can't be accessed." But if I use a proxy server it always works. Is someone censoring people on this thread?

Wednesday

Quote from: Pumamama on July 30, 2015, 10:35:40 PM
Greetings from the East Bay!  Were you here for Loma Prieta?
I moved here in '92, but I witnessed it on TV from Massachusetts. It scares me a bit that my office is near all the glass-windowed high rises. At least I can walk home. I am prepared to use an umbrella to protect myself from the falling glass. Our building has a few kits for disaster preparedness. I'm in a cement building with six floors. Fortunately, I live above bedrock.

Yes, I will try to call in on Skype.

Dixon Bawls

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 30, 2015, 10:38:03 PM
I find your low tolerance for screams concerning.   ;)

On the contrary. I celebrate each and every one.

Noorynoid

Volcanos! Now we are talking, I live 30 miles from a sleeping volcano that last erupted at the turn of the century, Mt Lassen in Northern California

Herbn-Legend

Quote from: Pumamama on July 30, 2015, 10:37:52 PM
Interesting!
large earthquakes hav alota energy actual electricity coulda stimulated growth 😊