• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150724 - Open Lines - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, July 24, 2015, 07:26:54 PM

centaurie

The door stays closed? Quick HAL open the pod bay doors!

shadesofjoe

Hive mind? Emergent phenomenon? This guy fancies himself a dime-store postmodern philosopher. My guess is that he perhaps knows someone in Anon, and is maybe acting as a conduit, but himself has no clue what the group truly is... and neither do most of us for that matter.

Quote from: Jackstar on July 24, 2015, 10:28:31 PM
He's not lying about anything and he knows more than most people. Seems legit enough.

What were y'all expecting? "Yeah, me and my bros totally took out fiber cluster #25245 last week. It was a hot time, we barely got out before Verizon traced us back to The Residence." Anonymous isn't a group, club, organization, or cabal.

He is typical Defcon level on education. I'm absolutely pleased someone like him called in. Not Anon, but can fill Art in on things in a level way. I was expecting more of a voice changer 4chan wannabe. Of course, the night is not over either... ;)

Coz

Quote from: castromiller on July 24, 2015, 10:28:48 PM
I thought Bell Gab was like Mos Eisly.  Someone is about to slice off the Walrus Man's arm.

If you knew Mos Eisly Like I know Mos Eisly....

centaurie

Quote from: Coz on July 24, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
The feds are not going to shut it down- it was created by the Department of the Navy from research into "Onion Routing"- and released to the general public as open source.

Tor, I2P and the others are here to stay. Unless we go "full-Soviet". But you never go "full-Soviet".

Seems to me tor has become an easy way to catch people doing illegal things.

castromiller

Quote from: Jackstar on July 24, 2015, 10:28:31 PM
He's not lying about anything and he knows more than most people. Seems legit enough.

What were y'all expecting? "Yeah, me and my bros totally took out fiber cluster #25245 last week. It was a hot time, we barely got out before Verizon traced us back to The Residence." Anonymous isn't a group, club, organization, or cabal.
I expected a facially disfigured bald guy in a suit petting a white Persian cat.

Herbn-Legend

alOoOoOoOhaz earthlings😯💨💨💨💨

Quote from: Coz on July 24, 2015, 10:29:48 PM
The feds are not going to shut it down- it was created by the Department of the Navy from research into "Onion Routing"- and released to the general public as open source.

Tor, I2P and the others are here to stay. Unless we go "full-Soviet". But you never go "full-Soviet".

I was meaning more the bad routes, such as silk road. You can't fully shut down anything on the net, that is the existence of the net. What you get with decentralized control and communication.

sydtron

Oh yeah.... A little Supertramp   I bet we hear some bumper gems tonight!

What do u think we will hear?

Jocko Johnson

I can hear the flash bangs going off in this dudes house in 3 minutes.

dan7800

At the very least, the caller was interesting to listen to.

zeebo

I have no idea how legit that was but pretty cool of Art to try something so edgy. 

Coz

Quote from: centaurie on July 24, 2015, 10:31:14 PM
Seems to me tor has become an easy way to catch people doing illegal things.

It has to do with traffic volume analysis. You simply watch for different traffic patterns on different parts of the network, match the pattern at two points, then three, then four- then you will know the location of the client and the server.

Next comes handcuffs.

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on July 24, 2015, 10:32:22 PM
I can hear the flash bangs going off in this dudes house in 3 minutes.

Ha... Don't SWAT me bro!

Dixon Bawls

He would have had more credibility if he just said "No, I'm not part of Anonymous, I just dig what they do, and have been watching them for the past ten years." or something.

castromiller

Quote from: Coz on July 24, 2015, 10:30:49 PM
If you knew Mos Eisly Like I know Mos Eisly....
What's it like now that J.J. Abrams is running things ?  I bet the drinks are freaking expensive now.  Is it still owned by that Droid-phobic guy?

HumanBeing

I'm going to side with the guest as being who he appeared to be, an active member of anon.

Herbn-Legend

Most anon r about 30yrz old now. B4 the suicide that started there attak they wer kidz playin gamez an chattin, wile trollin people. Hawaii haz alota hackerz

NightsAtSea

I'm fascinated by Aokigahara forest, but I didn't hear if the newscaster said its name or if he only called it 'Suicide Forest.' I included it in a lecture I gave about dark tourism. Destination Truth has an episode featuring Aokigahara, if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Coz

Quote from: castromiller on July 24, 2015, 10:35:09 PM
What's it like now that J.J. Abrams is running things ?  I bet the drinks are freaking expensive now.  Is it still owned by that Droid-phobic guy?

I moved to Tantalus years ago. No sand people.

sydtron

Quote from: jazmunda on July 24, 2015, 10:34:10 PM
Suicide Forrest. Oh My.

It's like mr. Rodgers neighborhood but jack Kevorkian lives there. Lol