• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Web Bot Guys Cliff High and George Ure

Started by Boomer, March 04, 2009, 08:55:10 AM

Boomer

These guys are "spot on"! Last night I heard Cliff on Jeff Rense's Lame Show and their predictions are still on schedule. George Knapp had them on last Fall with some eye opening stuff. Then Snorry had George Ure on a couple of months ago and treated Ure like he was a "Newb" when in fact he's a brilliant economist, his problem during the show was he stepped down a few levels of consciousness so he could communicate at the level Snoory operates at cause he knew he had a Braindead Idiot on his hands, and I think Snoory thought he himself was smarter.

First, they are critically fascinating guests, there's no doubt about that. However, I heard them on Knapp's show and wrote down 3 of their predictions and none of them seemed to come true --

(1) an "international military engagement or misunderstanding" between October 14-25 did not seem to transpire

(2) an earthquake in the Pacific Northwest in the first part of December did not seem to transpire (ATF they explained this as being an "economic earthquake" but that doesn't explain why it would specify "the Pacific Northwest" --- unless they were talking about Washington Mutual going under but that was September)

there's one other I've since erased from my white board but I recall it also didn't come true

now, that said, I could have just selected the wrong three items for my random sample but I lost a bit of faith in these guys after that

EvB

Quotean earthquake in the Pacific Northwest in the first part of December did not seem to transpire (ATF they explained this as being an "economic earthquake" but that doesn't explain why it would specify "the Pacific Northwest" --- unless they were talking about Washington Mutual going under but that was September)

Well, when whatever one of these people has manged to pull out of their ass is obviously shit - you have be very creative to make it seem like something. 

Legend has it that's how Michelangelo started.

Boomer

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on March 14, 2009, 01:52:14 PM

(2) an earthquake in the Pacific Northwest in the first part of December did not seem to transpire (ATF they explained this as being an "economic earthquake" but that doesn't explain why it would specify "the Pacific Northwest" --- unless they were talking about Washington Mutual going under but that was September)

As I remember they stated an earthquake in the heartland, many took this to mean the Madrid Fault. I watched the Feds Earthquake Map and it showed a series of small earthquakes in the St. Louis area and the Knoxville areas during that time.

In their predictions they mentioned that there would be some high profile figures vanishing or disappearing. Then one person mentioned to me that could have been the three pro football players that disappeared in the Gulf of Mexico a couple weeks ago.

These two guys never did claim their predictions were always right on and that sometimes the event still happens but it's been misinterpreted on their part in reading their data. The three events I've been waiting for is the collapse of the Stock Market in July, they just recently said the Market would rally back up which is the stage it's in now according to them. They said there would be a crossover in Gold Prices and the Market, meaning gold would soar past the Dow Jones Ave., this would probably happen during the July Collapse. They also said the Summer of 2009 would be "The Summer of Hell", they said this last September and as recently as a week or so ago, I caught their interview on the Jeff Rense Show.

At the very least their process and methodology seems a bit more believable than some others. I just went through their '08 predictions and, if I were scoring, would give them a 2-2-1 (which isn't bad). Many are too vague or not-provable through traditional means to objectively rank but of those five I could, I counted:

FEBRUARY
Prediction: increasing unemployment
Action: February was only month in 2008 which unemployment decreased
Source: http://www.swivel.com/data_sets/show/1017326
Result: MISS

Prediction: gasoline price increases
Action: gas prices remained mostly constant in February; slight increase in last 2 days
Source: http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
Result: TOSS-UP

APRIL
Prediction: incredible tornado season begins
Action: "the United States is having its deadliest tornado season in a decade and that this year may be on pace to set a record for the most tornadoes"
Source: http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/05/21/america/storm.php
Result: HIT

SUMMER
Prediction: food or fuel scarcity in US
Action: average prices of bread, bacon, butter, potatoes & coffee increased slightly in J/J/A but on same scale as most other years;
            gas prices peaked on July 8, began dramatic fall on July 20
Source: http://data.bls.gov/PDQ/servlet/SurveyOutputServlet;jsessionid=f03070a47913fuqZ$13$,  http://gasbuddy.com/gb_retail_price_chart.aspx
Result: MISS

OCTOBER
Prediction: economic "emotional release"
Action: this is hard to quantify but with everything happening in September/October I'll give them this
Source: /
Result: HIT

Another issue I have with these guys is George Ure's bio, which sets off some red flags. Namely:

- MBA ... typically one would acknowledge their alma mater, not claiming Ure is making up his MBA, but would be useful to know if it was from Harvard or the American College of Distance Learning

- News Director in Seattle from 1970 to 1983 / SVP of an "international airline" ... I have no problem with him not identifying the "major software company" he's just done work for - that's proprietary - but I question why he wouldn't cite the TV/Radio station or airline he worked for?

- Website - for a guy using very advanced software his website doesn't look that great.

But I could be too cynical ... I am totally sold on Gerald Celente, though!

Nboy

Quote from: RecoveringNoorholic on March 16, 2009, 11:48:31 AM
I am totally sold on Gerald Celente, though!

Everytime I see him, he is wearing a scarf. A long, silky scarf. Not that I am saying he is wrong on his trends research, I just cant take a man seriously when wearing a scarf.

I could picture Norry wearing a scarf. A big white one with his leather jacket, like hes a biplane aviator. Always flinging it over his shoulder in to flap in an imagined self important style.

Quote from: Nboy on March 16, 2009, 09:51:24 PM
Everytime I see him, he is wearing a scarf. A long, silky scarf. Not that I am saying he is wrong on his trends research, I just cant take a man seriously when wearing a scarf.

I could picture Norry wearing a scarf. A big white one with his leather jacket, like hes a biplane aviator. Always flinging it over his shoulder in to flap in an imagined self important style.

...and aviator's goggles!

Boomer

QuoteAnother issue I have with these guys is George Ure's bio, which sets off some red flags. Namely:

- MBA ... typically one would acknowledge their alma mater, not claiming Ure is making up his MBA, but would be useful to know if it was from Harvard or the American College of Distance Learning

- News Director in Seattle from 1970 to 1983 / SVP of an "international airline" ... I have no problem with him not identifying the "major software company" he's just done work for - that's proprietary - but I question why he wouldn't cite the TV/Radio station or airline he worked for?

- Website - for a guy using very advanced software his website doesn't look that great.

But I could be too cynical ... I am totally sold on Gerald Celente, though!

A college education provides you with the rudiments along with some nonsensical study, the real education is after graduation, it becomes a whole new world out there. An MBA get you more loot, a Phd gets you a little more but not that much with the exception of a few occupations, this all depends on your field of expertise. What always amused me was Bill Clinton being called a Rhodes Scholar, he received a Rhodes Scholarship but never finished. I've read Ure's newsletter every morning for the past 8 mos or so and he's left little doubt in my mind he's an intelligent man. Ure is primarily an economist whereas Cliff High is responsible for the Webbot. Five random samples of predictions would not provide an accurate assessment of performance in their predictions. They both have stated they are not always right and in many cases they have said they hope they're not right.

Gerald Celente, like him or not is what we need more of in this Country, he's a Crusader doing his best to ferret out the Truth.