• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jaysen Rand

Started by sociald, January 23, 2009, 02:04:24 PM

sociald

A few days ago Snoory had Jaysen Rand talking about planet X. I didn't listen to the entire show but I believe George told him he would be on the full three hours but during a break, I switched the station and when I tuned back in he wasn't on. I don't know if there were technical difficulties or Geoge got upset that he revealed that George wanted him (Rand) to submit a list of questions for George to ask him.

I'm sure it is not customary for guests to reveal the fraud that is C2C. If Snoory is as brilliant as his callers claim and Snoory actually reads the books of his guest, is it really so hard for George to think up his own intelligent questions rather than having his guest provide questions to ask?

It was nice to hear a guests actually admit what has long been suspected. I wonder if Art is the same or is it just because Snoory has the brain and intelligence 1/100th the size of Art. 

Centurion73

Quote from: sociald on January 23, 2009, 02:04:24 PM
I don't know if there were technical difficulties or Geoge got upset that he revealed that George wanted him (Rand) to submit a list of questions for George to ask him.

Damn I missed that and would have loved to have heard it, I bet old mumbles pissed his Depends and Tommy had to change him again.

Quoteis it really so hard for George to think up his own intelligent questions

Surely you jest?

MV/Liberace!

sociald... are you a streamlink member?  if so, could you provide us with a copy of the hour in question?  you can use YouSendIt.com to do so.  simply send the file to your own email address, and then copy/paste the direct download link on this thread.  i believe it allows 100 downloads for 7 days, which ever happens first.  i would LOVE to hear this.

george is the epitome of mediocrity.  art NEVER read questions submitted by the guest.  i recall one time he actually did read a guest-submitted question, and he made a point of mentioning that he never uses guest-submitted questions but that he was going to use that one particular question because it was such a good question.  my point:  art so rarely used a guest's question that the one or two times he actually DID do so, he made a point of mentioning it to his audience because his professional conscience wouldn't allow him to omit that fact.  he just HAD to maintain his professional integrity.  george's success is symptomatic of everything that's wrong with us as a culture.  we've just been so dumbed down as a population... as a culture... as a country.

EvB

Quotesociald... are you a streamlink member?  if so, could you provide us with a copy of the hour in question?  you can use YouSendIt.com to do so.  simply send the file to your own email address, and then copy/paste the direct download link on this thread.  i believe it allows 100 downloads for 7 days, which ever happens first.  i would LOVE to hear this.

If not, I am - (yes, I AM -- shoot me!) so if I now the date - and which hour - i can get that for you easy.

Ev

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: EvB on February 03, 2009, 01:40:20 AM
If not, I am - (yes, I AM -- shoot me!) so if I now the date - and which hour - i can get that for you easy.

Ev
'twould be nice.  anybody got the air date?

sociald

I am not a streamlink member but I believe it would have been the Tuesday, January 20th, 2009. I believe it to be the beginning to the 1st half of the second hour of the show.

EvB

Quote from: sociald on February 03, 2009, 05:55:09 AM
I am not a streamlink member but I believe it would have been the Tuesday, January 20th, 2009. I believe it to be the beginning to the 1st half of the second hour of the show.

Okay - I'm looking into it.

EvB

Well - I listened to hour 2 - and now have on hour 3.  I don't know what to say.  Rand DID mention the question list (because George asked a question that was not on it, and Rand said something like "Oh!  Good for you!  I didn't even put that on the list.") George said he never looked at the list (which I tend to believe since he asks such lame questions!)  You'd think his more intelligent guests would seem more satisfied if he went, at least in part, by their proposed script.  Rand went on to say he thought the fact that the producers asked for a list was a sign of respect.  Blah blah blah.

Anyway - I have produced internet "radio."  A submitted list of proposed question sis not at all unusual and guests often request that they be allowed to make one. That doesn't mean that that a good host goes by the list alone - but particularity in a long interview, it can be helpful.

The other thing Rand did was read from the bible.  He is a biblical litteralist - and very into the Book of Revelation. The passage he read was short - but George asked him not to do it.  When he insisted, George replied "I don't do that - paraphrase it" at which point Rand went ahead and read it anyway. George continued the interview - but seemed more reserved. They hit the end of the hour - and went to hour 3 with open lines on the "planet X" topic - and George mentioned casually - as if it had always been the plan - that Andy Lloyd would be on in the 4th hour. Lloyd is the author of Ezekiel One a novel that apparently  has a similar scenario to the one Rand spoke of - but in a fiction context (Rand was dead serious)

What can I say?  There was nothing said that would tell anyone for sure why Rand was not there after the first hour.  Maybe George didn't like the question list comment - but again, that's so common I don't know why he'd care.  (Though he does have a huge ego - so who knows?)  -- so that, along with Rand's refusal to comply with George's request that he not quote scripture - may have been it.  It may also have been that Lloyed was someone who suddenly became avaialble - but if that were the case, why the hour of open lines?

I've never happened to hear Knapp confronted with a guest who took too much controll (and Rand DID take too much control in this case - while I hate to defend George - he did, politely and more than once, ask Rand to paraphrase and not to quote - Rand shoud have complied, even if he came close to quoting, just for form's sake) But I have heard both Ian and Art in this situation.  Art would insist - and even bleep them if they didn't comply.  Ian will just talk over them, and even shout them down. Maybe George is just more pasive-agressive.  I've no idea.

Anyway - I do have hour 1 and 2 -- but haven't posted them for download (yet) becuase honest - guys - there is nothing to hear. In fact - if GEorge hadn't said a few times that Rand woud be on for three hours - the whole show would have seemed like it was running by SOP.

sociald

I think you are probably correct, that the reason he ended it was because Rand quoted scripture more than discussing Planet S. I was getting annoyed at all the bible talk as opposed to planet X.

I still think that a good host who actually reads the books of his guests should be able to come up with a list of questions, rather than the other way around. Especially when people claim Snoory is so smart and so intelligent. I might have more respect for George if he would just admit to being a moron and admit that the questions he ask are not his own. Besides with how many shows George has done on planet X, I would think he would have a list of popular questions in a file somewhere.

It's one thing if the hosts and producers come up with the questions but I just don't like the fact that George would be too lazy or too occupied to be able to research and come up with questions on his own.

EvB

I still think that a good host who actually reads the books of his guests should be able to come up with a list of questions, rather than the other way around. Especially when people claim Snoory is so smart and so intelligent. I might have more respect for George if he would just admit to being a moron and admit that the questions he ask are not his own. Besides with how many shows George has done on planet X, I would think he would have a list of popular questions in a file somewhere.

You're quite right that a good host does his homework.  The question list is, in my experience, for the comfort of the guest more than anything else.  While a good host will have a real dialog with real flow, sometimes it's good to have a fallback that is in the guest's comfort zone to keep things from falling apart.

OTOH - if it's a vanity gambit (I don't think coast to coast is, but many small but commercial internet shows are) the guest is actually paying for exposure and, in that case, the list helps everyone now what the guest (read: CUSTOMER) expects to get for his investment.

As for the bible thing, I don't think there was much objection to the biblical theme - that was, after all, the key to Rand's thesis, and, after all, it's just one more source of prophecy which C2C discusses all the time.  It was the direct quote that was the issue. It seems like splitting hairs - but both Noory and Rand talked bible both before and after this quotation issue - as did the callers. 

Reading a direct quote from the bible is a can of worms - I think - becase of all the varous translations. When one paraphrases, it's obvious that opinion and intrepretation are in play.  A quote - to the literalist - is "the word of God." 

MV/Liberace!

i think the problem with reading from the bible is that it simply isn't good radio.  nothing to do with interpretation or translation.

many listeners will tune out if they hear the guest start reading from the bible.  why?  the reasons are limitless.  maybe they're not christian.  maybe they are christian but find it boring.  maybe the host doesn't want to appear to be proselytizing through his show or guests. 

either way you choose to look at it, it's just bad radio.