• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

If this person is in fact a stalker, stopping your show will not stop him/her. It is akin to how Obama is handling ISIS. You are empowering the stalker Art. I hate to say it, but it is the truth.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 09:37:47 AM
I don't know a whole lot about the phone call, but Art repeatedly mentioned that he thought the cops were in the area after shots were fired on the 21st of October. So if neighbors were there reporting it, Art didnt' necessarily need to.  He figured they'd handled it, and he couldn't prove the nut was after him.

Please reread my post, I did not mention the events of the 21st in any way.  I'm strictly commenting on the alleged death threat call of 19 Nov and Art's actions (or lack thereof) that particular evening.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 09:43:34 AM
Please reread my post, I did not mention the events of the 21st in any way.  I'm strictly commenting on the alleged death threat call of 19 Nov and Art's actions (or lack thereof) that particular evening.

I'll have to skip ahead to the show where I assume he refers to it.

I have to wonder about how many times a person like Art has gotten calls like that in his decades in the business.  Maybe for the sake of his wife and Asia, he should have taken it (more) seriously, but he may not tend to give those much credence.  What's he gonna do if somebody threatens him? He has guns, and he claims he will exercise his right to bear arms. Now, it's easier to say what he'd do in that situation then actually having to face the reality of it, but he seemed very shaken up when he said he'd held a gun the night somebody was outside of his studio. He didn't shoot, but I don't think he wanted to, either.   Who knows what he would have done if he'd have needed to. He might have taken time off just to deal with that.

Element 115

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 09:43:34 AM

Yes I agree, he chose not to file a police report but wanted it on record. Based on that, the phone provider was unable to trace said call due to lack of subpoena. The perp could have used a burner phone as well.

ItsOver

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2015, 09:05:06 AM
That makes it sound like enough money is coming in for them to continue, either on subscriptions and ads alone, or perhaps Art is willing to subsidize it to a certain extent for a certain amount of time. 

Art also seems to think the show will continue, as he's mentioned coming back to do a show now and then (which is probably how the whole thing should have been set up in the first place).
I would have been happy if Art had just come back for one night a week, Dreamland-style.  It's something Art could better handle for the long-term.

chefist

Quote from: ItsOver on December 19, 2015, 10:06:02 AM
I would have been happy if Art had just come back for one night a week, Dreamland-style.  It's something Art could better handle for the long-term.

Absolutely...I think when Dreamland started it was on Sunday nights...

ItsOver

Quote from: chefist on December 19, 2015, 10:21:05 AM
Absolutely...I think when Dreamland started it was on Sunday nights...
That is correct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPGTAR3ODSE

I'm hoping once things settle out, we'll get Art once a week.  Please make it so. ;)

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on December 19, 2015, 01:18:40 AM
And when did you last beat your wife?  It's irrelevant. You're coming from the assumption that AB's story has validity. I'm not by any means the only one who doesn't believe his story is as he's stated.

Question: if YOU believed you were being targeted, would you leave your family in the target area, or even yourself if you had millions of dollars to keep out of harms way?

My question is not irrelevant and it has perfect validity. Intelligent people understand that.

You are coming from the assumption that Art is lying.  Have you ever heard the phrase innocent until proven guilty?  It's more logical and more intelligent to start from the standpoint that Art is telling the truth than the other way around.

Just what is your problem?  Why don't you just get a life?  Move on.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:10:23 PM
It's more logical and more intelligent to start from the standpoint that Art is telling the truth.

I see. You infer that it is both logical and intelligent to assume  that a man - about whom you know nothing- is telling the truth about a situation - the details of which you can obtain no independent verification of - just because he says so? We must have different a understanding of the words 'logical' and 'intelligent'. It sounds more like you are being a credulous rube to me. Why not just leave it an open question, if nothing else. If he has some hard evidence, then bring it out, that's all we ask. Don't just throw out hints and half-answers, or people (the adults, that is) will start to ask questions. If you want to be told a bedtime story and be given a good sloppy kiss afterwards then feel free, but leave others to exercise a little scepticism at least.

zeebo

Attn: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost ... You're on SIT tonite  8)

Saturday - December 19, 2015
6-10pm PT: Art Bell - Somewhere in Time returns to 7/30/97 when Native American elder Robert Ghostwolf addressed what the weird weather really means.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:15:50 PM
I see. You infer that it is both logical and intelligent to assume  that a man - about whom you know nothing- is telling the truth about a situation - the details of which you can obtain no independent verification of - just because he says so? We must have different a understanding of the words 'logical' and 'intelligent'. It sounds more like you are being a credulous rube to me. Why not just leave it an open question, if nothing else. If he has some hard evidence, then bring it out, that's all we ask. Don't just throw out hints and half-answers, or people (the adults, that is) will start to ask questions. If you want to be told a bedtime story and be given a good sloppy kiss afterwards then feel free, but leave others to exercise a little scepticism at least.

Art's claims have yet to be disproved.  Can you do that?  Do you have any evidence that Art wasn't shot at?

Do you have an proof that he's lying?  If so, please share it with us.  Like an adult.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:10:23 PM
Have you ever heard the phrase innocent until proven guilty? 

Oh, for god's sake. Nobody is saying he has committed a crime. We are applying logic to whatever evidence there is and it looks like it is falling short. You don't make a witness statement to the police and get butthurt if you are not believed.  You need to back it up. Don't be so bloody stupid.

FLLFlash

Quote from: Art Bell on December 16, 2015, 07:56:49 PM
I could have said I would just take a break till we get this resolved but I said what I said and you can't take words back.

Art

Feel free to make a liar out of yourself at any time on this. I won't mind one bit.

paladin1991

Okay.  Back in the thread.  What have I missed, besides about 60 fucking pages of BS, paranoia, butthurt, panic, innuendo, fear, misdirection, davebots, trolling, sniping and did I say BS?

What has ART posted, in say, the last 48 hours?  What is the hard info or are we just grabfucking everything we can in the dark?   

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:19:06 PM
Oh, for god's sake. Nobody is saying he has committed a crime. We are applying logic to whatever evidence there is and it looks like it is falling short. You don't make a witness statement to the police and get butthurt if you are not believed.  You need to back it up. Don't be so bloody stupid.

You need to back up your claim that Art is lying.  If you can't do that, then you need to learn to shut up.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:18:37 PM
Art's claims have yet to be disproved.  Can you do that?  Do you have any evidence that Art wasn't shot at?

Do you have an proof that he's lying?  If so, please share it with us.

All we have is a belief, with nothing else. The burden of proof is with him, not us.

norland2424

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:20:10 PM
Okay.  Back in the thread.  What have I missed, besides about 60 fucking pages of BS, paranoia, butthurt, panic, innuendo, fear, misdirection, davebots, trolling, sniping and did I say BS?

What has ART posted, in say, the last 48 hours?  What is the hard info or are we just grabfucking everything we can in the dark?

Just the same old bs and whining.

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:20:36 PM
All we have is a belief, with nothing else. The burden of proof is with him, not us.

He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  He owes you nothing.

Why do you think Art Bell owes you anything SredniVashtar?  Just what kind of spoiled little shit did your parents bring up?

paladin1991

Quote from: norland2424 on December 19, 2015, 01:22:39 PM
Just the same old bs and whining.

Like a bunch of fucking cherries.  "Hey Gunny, when are gonna get some more water?"  "Hey Gunny, I'm down to one magazine, when we gonna get some more ammo?"  Hey, Gunny, when we gonna get some hot chow?"  "Hey Gunny, I got sand in my clit.  Again."

paladin1991

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:23:14 PM
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  He owes you nothing.

Why do you think Art Bell owes you anything SredniVashtar?  Just what kind of spoiled little shit did your parents bring up?

Remember, he's British.  He may only sound spoiled due to his affected British Voice of Privilege inflections.

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:31:02 PM
Like a bunch of fucking cherries.  "Hey Gunny, when are gonna get some more water?"  "Hey Gunny, I'm down to one magazine, when we gonna get some more ammo?"  Hey, Gunny, when we gonna get some hot chow?"  "Hey Gunny, I got sand in my clit.  Again."

You da man, Art!

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: paladin1991 on December 19, 2015, 01:32:14 PM
Remember, he's British.  He may only sound spoiled due to his affected British Voice of Privilege inflections.

+1

PaulAtreides

Quote from: rekcuf on December 18, 2015, 03:20:21 PM
Dude, LMH likes cows. Only dead ones.

That have had their assholes reamed.

starrmtn001

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:20:36 PM
Sorry Sredni, but you're on your own here.  He's burdened enough.  Harping on the subject won't change the conditions.  If you can, just let it go.  It is what it is.  That's all that it needs to be.

Okay, my friend, how is the Christmas Carol coming?  Did ya put me in it?  Even if I'm just the snowman, I'd be thrilled to be in one of your stories.  I do hope Christmas Carol is just the beginning of the "Vashtar Ventures" we could be in for! ;) ;D

Uncle Duke

As I've said before, I do not claim, nor have I ever claimed, Art has lied about any part of this.  I mean, it's his word against who...?  That said, I'm a fact guy.  For a fact (assuming the sheriff's press release posted here is both genuine and accurate), Art claims to have taken a death threat (against he and his family) call from a blocked phone number a couple hours before air time.  He had his producer, who apparently was not on-site, call the LEO to report the threat, but declined to talk to the deputies.  When he did talk with them (next day?), he declined to file an official report, thus apparently keeping the police from getting a court order to identity the blocked number.

Those are facts per the press release.  I find that odd.  If others don't, no problem.

starrmtn001

Quote from: FLLFlash on December 19, 2015, 01:19:13 PM
Feel free to make a liar out of yourself at any time on this. I won't mind one bit.
+1 ;)

Just Me

Ballgrabbers are ridiculously out of their minds. They drank the cool aid, took it up the ass, than, kicked to the side of the dirt road and want more. THIS IS MADNESS!  :o

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 01:43:57 PM
As I've said before, I do not claim, nor have I ever claimed, Art has lied about any part of this.  I mean, it's his word against who...?  That said, I'm a fact guy.  For a fact (assuming the sheriff's press release posted here is both genuine and accurate), Art claims to have taken a death threat (against he and his family) call from a blocked phone number a couple hours before air time.  He had his producer, who apparently was not on-site, call the LEO to report the threat, but declined to talk to the deputies.  When he did talk with them (next day?), he declined to file an official report, thus apparently keeping the police from getting a court order to identity the blocked number.

Those are facts per the press release.  I find that odd.  If others don't, no problem.

Yes. It is odd.

Then again I have done some odd stuff in my life, and you probably have to.

I agree he should have been more proactive trying to get a trace on the call besides a call to his phone company. Maybe Art did try other tactics. He should definitely hire a private detective. I think Art might actually know who it is, just doesn't have proof.

norland2424

Quote from: Just Me on December 19, 2015, 01:46:34 PM
Ballgrabbers are ridiculously out of their minds. They drank the cool aid, took it up the ass, than, kicked to the side of the dirt road and want more. THIS IS MADNESS!  :o

JamesMcDonald

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 01:43:57 PM

I find the whole thing very odd, but not out of  the realm of possibility or even probability in this sad world we live in.  Just look at some of the weirdos coming out of the woodwork after Art's announcement.  Some of them are obviously just kids looking for yet another Internet target, but others are clearly adults with some serious mental health issues.

I don't know if any of you actually recall a guy named Alan Berg?  Some of you might not be old enough to remember him.  If you don't know who I'm talking about, look him up.  You might learn something.