Author Topic: I use the internet way too much  (Read 402 times)

I use the internet way too much
« on: March 08, 2014, 02:20:26 PM »
I just checked, and last month I used 650gb.  The prior month, 350gb, and the month before that 120gb.  I know why, but I'm curious how that stacks up to the rest of you..

Re: I use the internet way too much
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 04:16:55 PM »
I just checked, and last month I used 650gb.  The prior month, 350gb, and the month before that 120gb.  I know why, but I'm curious how that stacks up to the rest of you..

Do you have business fiberoptic?

I need to move up where you are because it sounds like there is no throttling.

Are we supposed to guess why the the internet use?
My guess: you hosting a database of some kind.

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:49:46 PM »
And now I don't know how us old net users managed to use AOL back in the dial up days. 

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:25:19 PM »
Is it related to Valentine's Day (which would explain the big spike in the month of February)?

Or perhaps you have something related to Black History Month.

Did you watch a considerable amount of videos to improve your knowledge of the African-American experience?

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2014, 10:21:22 AM »
It's home internet, comcast.   They had a 250gb cap, but suspended the cap a few years ago.   I don't think my usage is normally this high, but I've been doing a lot of downloading lately.  I do run a database and a web server, but it's accessed internally on the LAN, and only by me, so it uses very very little outside traffic when I occasionally work remotely.   My kids watch netflix instead of regular tv, which doesn't help.