• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"famous people I have met" thread

Started by timebandit, May 31, 2018, 07:04:06 PM

whoozit

Quote from: ItsOver on June 02, 2018, 08:02:26 PM
I shook Bill Clinton's hand.

Should that be here or in the confessions thread?

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on June 02, 2018, 08:07:21 PM
Should that be here or in the confessions thread?
Heh, heh.  "Forgive me, MV..."

Rix Gins

Leonard Nimoy.  I was with a group of high school science students and we got to meet him at a local television studio.  I was shaking his hand and a lady taking pictures said, "We've been calling him Mr. Spock because he resembles you so much."  So Leonard cupped my chin with some fingers and looked at my face.  "Hmmmm," was all he said.  We got to ask some questions and all I could think to ask was, "Do you believe in flying saucers?"  "No." he stated flatly.  He expounded on his answer, though, by explaining that space was extremely vast and that he thought it was quite possible that other forms of life could exist out there.  It was lots of fun meeting the guy.     

paladin1991

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 01, 2018, 01:43:38 PM
John F. Kennedy.  He wasn't president though, just a senator.  He was running for president and appeared in a local parade.  After the parade his people were setting up a speaker's platform in the local park.  Kennedy was standing under a tree, stretching his back.  My mom approached him and said, "Senator Kennedy, would you sign my son's cast?"  John whipped out a pen and said, "Sure."  So he signed my brother's broken arm cast as I looked on.  I was too young to realize how important he was politically.  In fact, when I heard that 'Senator Kennedy' would be appearing in the parade, I said, "Who's that?"  Mom took a cool pic that is floating around somewhere in the family archives.  Nice closeup of Kennedy signing the cast.

That's cool.

Quote from: Rix Gins on June 02, 2018, 08:55:17 PM
Leonard Nimoy.  I was with a group of high school science students and we got to meet him at a local television studio.  I was shaking his hand and a lady taking pictures said, "We've been calling him Mr. Spock because he resembles you so much."  So Leonard cupped my chin with some fingers and looked at my face.  "Hmmmm," was all he said.  We got to ask some questions and all I could think to ask was, "Do you believe in flying saucers?"  "No." he stated flatly.  He expounded on his answer, though, by explaining that space was extremely vast and that he thought it was quite possible that other forms of life could exist out there.  It was lots of fun meeting the guy.     

Ooops, I met Nimoy too at the University of Georgia where he gave a lecture in 1985.  Ooops, Bob Hope too around the same time.  Damn, I've met a lot of people.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: teknoslag on June 02, 2018, 05:56:06 PM
I met Michael Jackson in '91 or '92, when I was around 10 or 11. It was right before the first scandal and trial broke out. We were at a Toys 'R Us in the Los Angeles area, I believe it was in the San Fernando Valley. He was with an entire entourage, including that first kid he went to trial over. I still have his autograph on the back of one of my grandmother's blank checks (it was all she had on her for him to sign) somewhere.

I had (wish I knew what happened to it) a beautiful "concert" book of the Jackson brothers that my relative gave me. I never met any of the Jacksons, but she casually dated one of the brothers for a brief period of time. That's kinda neat that you have MJ's autograph, though.

I also literally ran into Eddie Murphey once.  He was at a wedding, when I turned a corner and we basically ran into each other. LOL I have a collector's item of his. It's a limited edition CD from 1992 (never played).    Unfortunately, it wasn't signed.  It's probably not worth as much as it could be (if at all) because I couldn't help myself, and took the plastic partly off to see what was inside. LOL  I still have most of the plastic on, to keep it from getting dirty.

I did meet Arsenio Hall before he did his talk show, though I didn't necessarily interact with him. I knew who he was, but it was weird.  Someone pulled him into the apartment and gave him a plate of food  (He was with a player from the New Jersey Nets, who was probably the tallest person I've ever stood next to in my life). Same with Sinbad, who was at some charity event. I knew who he was, but I didn't really interact with him beyond him probably saying hi to me and my sister.  He kept running into us and talking to my family member.

Ray Parker Jr is my fav repeat celeb sighting/meeting. Very cool guy. 

I would say my two favorite celeb sightings were not of real interraction- no autographs, no one-on-one, but I will never forget them. I was at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles, when I saw Robert Wagner in the vitamin isle. I absolutely LOVED his show Heart to Heart, so while I didn't say a word to him, I was in awe.  Then, when I was 12 or so, I was at Universal Studios and the tram went right by Weird Al, who was wearing a cabbage hat. He waved to our tram.  FF to a few years ago, when I actually sat across from him at the airport, in the early morning hours. He immediately put his ear buds in when he sat down and didn't look at anyone. He was on tour, but I noticed that he was not wearing a mustache. 

Quote from: bellNwhistle on June 03, 2018, 06:07:52 AM
I had (wish I knew what happened to it) a beautiful "concert" book of the Jackson brothers that my relative gave me. I never met any of the Jacksons, but she casually dated one of the brothers for a brief period of time. That's kinda neat that you have MJ's autograph, though.

I also literally ran into Eddie Murphey once.  He was at a wedding, when I turned a corner and we basically ran into each other. LOL I have a collector's item of his. It's a limited edition CD from 1992 (never played).    Unfortunately, it wasn't signed.  It's probably not worth as much as it could be (if at all) because I couldn't help myself, and took the plastic partly off to see what was inside. LOL  I still have most of the plastic on, to keep it from getting dirty.

I did meet Arsenio Hall before he did his talk show, though I didn't necessarily interact with him. I knew who he was, but it was weird.  Someone pulled him into the apartment and gave him a plate of food  (He was with a player from the New Jersey Nets, who was probably the tallest person I've ever stood next to in my life). Same with Sinbad, who was at some charity event. I knew who he was, but I didn't really interact with him beyond him probably saying hi to me and my sister.  He kept running into us and talking to my family member.

Ray Parker Jr is my fav repeat celeb sighting/meeting. Very cool guy. 

I would say my two favorite celeb sightings were not of real interraction- no autographs, no one-on-one, but I will never forget them. I was at the Farmers Market in Los Angeles, when I saw Robert Wagner in the vitamin isle. I absolutely LOVED his show Heart to Heart, so while I didn't say a word to him, I was in awe.  Then, when I was 12 or so, I was at Universal Studios and the tram went right by Weird Al, who was wearing a cabbage hat. He waved to our tram.  FF to a few years ago, when I actually sat across from him at the airport, in the early morning hours. He immediately put his ear buds in when he sat down and didn't look at anyone. He was on tour, but I noticed that he was not wearing a mustache.

My mom saw Michael Jackson and Jodie Foster looking at stuff in the Holiday Inn gift shop at Valley Forge, PA.  This would have been around 1975 or '76. Just acting like normal kids from what my Mom told me.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 03, 2018, 06:37:01 AM
My mom saw Michael Jackson and Jodie Foster looking at stuff in the Holiday Inn gift shop at Valley Forge, PA.  This would have been around 1975 or '76. Just acting like normal kids from what my Mom told me.

Acting normal, and yet their lives were far from it. Glad they seemed to be having  a moment where they could be normal.