• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Lunger

Quote from: expat on August 24, 2019, 03:01:30 PM
You mean west, not east. Necker is there on Google Earth Pro.

You're right...West of the Islands.  They used to be there...I have a print out.

albrecht

Quote from: albrecht on August 24, 2019, 05:52:59 PM

This could be an epic show! 

https://pagesix.com/2017/10/23/writer-blames-predatory-ways-on-women/
Alas, not worth listening. Thought it had some potential but the usual stoner, in the bad way, political rantings against Fox News, global warming, and piece-meal, half-hearted attempts to copy others like McKennas, SciFi authors, and even the more mundane Hancock. Throw in the usual references to esoteric writers. And then back to anti-Trump (here he and RCH disagreed as he said not worth even approaching but RCH gave Trump the infamous "briefing." Unsolicited, of course.) Even RCH got bored and ditched him to go to the ever boring Georgia Lambert. Not much even mentioned, really, about his 'theory.' Mainly about Leftist politics and progressive protests. And in an uninteresting way. He didn't seem engaged at all. Only emotion was when he seemed upset when RCH mentioned Alex Jones's 'prison planet" name/idea. Also when RCH was a voice of reason! Yes, I just said that. About capitalism and economics. And how people or companies are motivated. And, from what I could gather (not paying much attention,) his sexual theories/excuses weren't mentioned. Don't have back on RCH, unless he hits something with more stimulation first.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on August 25, 2019, 06:11:43 PM
Alas, not worth listening. Thought it had some potential but the usual stoner, in the bad way, political rantings against Fox News, global warming, and piece-meal, half-hearted attempts to copy others like McKennas, SciFi authors, and even the more mundane Hancock. Throw in the usual references to esoteric writers. And then back to anti-Trump (here he and RCH disagreed as he said not worth even approaching but RCH gave Trump the infamous "briefing." Unsolicited, of course.) Even RCH got bored and ditched him to go to the ever boring Georgia Lambert. Not much even mentioned, really, about his 'theory.' Mainly about Leftist politics and progressive protests. And in an uninteresting way. He didn't seem engaged at all. Only emotion was when he seemed upset when RCH mentioned Alex Jones's 'prison planet" name/idea. Also when RCH was a voice of reason! Yes, I just said that. About capitalism and economics. And how people or companies are motivated. And, from what I could gather (not paying much attention,) his sexual theories/excuses weren't mentioned. Don't have back on RCH, unless he hits something with more stimulation first.

Okay, but you've got to admit that he's a snappy dresser. 

pate

albrecht

Quote from: pate on August 25, 2019, 06:37:39 PM
RCH is interviewing the guy from Mythbusters?

+19.5!
Only so he can hit on the chick. As we all know he is into redheads. (RIP, but time to move on.....)

albrecht

Sunday's show was pretty good. James Goodall was the guest with Skunkwork talk, Blackbird lore, Bob Lazar, John Lear, etc talk. And talk about their concerns about the upcoming invasion of area 51. Crowds in the rural area, idiocy of invading a government base, problems of camping in a hot desert, no facilities for the crowds, increased accidents, and potential for violence and property damage. 

https://www.blogtalkradio.com/tosom/2019/08/26/the-coming-invasion-of-area-51

expat

"Dorian and others still to come -- What can we do?"

Evacuate. End of show.

Hells Mole

Quote from: Morgus on September 08, 2019, 10:03:29 PM

Hoagie made it on the air live tonight..

I just found this as I was looking for any updates on Antarctica weirdness.  Turns out I'm a half hour too late to hear it I guess.  Is there a place this show is posted?

Quote from: expat on September 08, 2019, 12:49:17 PM
https://dorkmission.blogspot.com/2019/09/richard-hoagland-statistics-dunce.html

Let's see you debunk this shit, Patrick!

(-80538738812075974)^3 + (80435758145817515)^3 + (12602123297335631)^3 = 42

Two Mathematicians Just Solved a Decades-Old Math Riddle â€" and Possibly the Meaning of Life
By Brandon Specktor - Senior Writer 2 days ago Strange News

The answer is 42... but what was the question??

https://www.livescience.com/diophantine-42-solved-meaning-of-life.html

In Douglas Adams' sci-fi series "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy," a pair of programmers task the galaxy's largest supercomputer with answering the ultimate question of the meaning of life, the universe and everything. After 7.5 million years of processing, the computer reaches an answer: 42. Only then do the programmers realize that nobody knew the question the program was meant to answer.

Now, in this week's most satisfying example of life reflecting art, a pair of mathematicians have used a global network of 500,000 computers to solve a centuries-old math puzzle that just happens to involve that most crucial number: 42.

The question, which goes back to at least 1955 and may have been pondered by Greek thinkers as early as the third century AD, asks, "How can you express every number between 1 and 100 as the sum of three cubes?" Or, put algebraically, how do you solve x^3 + y^3 + z^3 = k, where k equals any whole number from 1 to 100?

This deceptively simple stumper is known as a Diophantine equation, named for the ancient mathematician Diophantus of Alexandria, who proposed a similar set of problems about 1,800 years ago. Modern mathematicians who revisited the puzzle in the 1950s quickly found solutions when k equals many of the smaller numbers, but a few particularly stubborn integers soon emerged. The two trickiest numbers, which still had outstanding solutions by the beginning of 2019, were 33 and â€" you guessed it â€" 42.

In April, mathematician Andrew Booker, of the University of Bristol in England, knocked 33 off the list. Using a computer algorithm to look for solutions to the Diophantine equation with x, y and z values that included every number between positive and negative 99 quadrillion, Booker found the solution to 33 after several weeks of computing time. (As you can see, the answer is super, super long.)

Here's 33 expressed as the sum of three cubes. It only took one of the world's smartest computers to solve.

(Image credit: Numberphile/ University of Bristol)
Still, this exhaustive search turned up no solutions for 42, suggesting that, if there was an answer, some of the integers must be greater than 99 quadrillion. Calculating values that large would take an insane amount of computing power; so, for his next attempt, Booker enlisted the help of Massachusetts Institute of Technology mathematician Andrew Sutherland, who helped Booker book some time with a worldwide computer network called Charity Engine.

According to a statement from the University of Bristol, this network is a "worldwide computer" that borrows idle computing power from more than 500,000 home PCs around the globe. Using this crowdsourced supercomputer and 1 million hours of processing time, Booker and Sutherland finally found an answer to the Diophantine equation where k equals 42.

And so, without further ado, the question AND answer to the meaning of life, the universe and everything is:

(-80538738812075974)^3 + (80435758145817515)^3 + (12602123297335631)^3 = 42

How does it feel? Glorious? Overwhelming? Like your brain is going to vomit a little? Just be thankful that, unlike in Adams' search for the truth, the entire Earth wasn't destroyed in the process.

WOTR

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on September 11, 2019, 09:20:41 PM
Let's see you debunk this shit, Patrick!

You know what would have been even better? if the answer to life was 19.5

Quote from: WOTR on September 11, 2019, 11:47:08 PM
You know what would have been even better? if the answer to life was 19.5

In Kabbalah numerology, all multi digit numbers are reduced to a single digit by adding each component integer as necessary to result in a single digit.

1+9+5= 15
1+5= 6

Now to reverse engineer the possibilities:

3+3= 6
2+4= 6

or

4+2= 6

or we could have started with:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, WOTR.

Morgus

Alert message at Hoagie's website tonight - they are airing another replay instead of the live show:

QuoteUNBELIEVABLY BIZARRE!

OUR APOLOGIES…

WE NEED TO RESCHEDULE TONIGHT’S SHARRY EDWARD’S SHOW DUE TO A VIOLENT NEW MEXICO DESERT STORM WHICH FLUNG OPEN RICHARD’S OFFICE DOORS AND RAINED INTO THE ROOM â€" WETTING THE WIFI AND FLOODING FLOOR!

THERE IS NO WAY FOR HIM TO CONNECT TO THE
INTERNET UNTIL EVERYTHING DRIES OUT!

WOTR

Quote from: Stupid Robbings on September 12, 2019, 01:19:34 AM
In Kabbalah numerology, all multi digit numbers are reduced to a single digit by adding each component integer as necessary to result in a single digit.

1+9+5= 15
1+5= 6

Now to reverse engineer the possibilities:

3+3= 6
2+4= 6

or

4+2= 6

or we could have started with:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, WOTR.

Hoagie would be proud. I hope he reads here... :)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on September 14, 2019, 10:47:49 PM
Hoagie would be proud. I hope he reads here... :)

It would excite him to the point of having to interject his own intellectual smegma into the whole affair. It would elicit a “but wait, wait, wait!” from him for sure.

paladin1991

Quote from: albrecht on August 25, 2019, 07:46:39 PM
Only so he can hit on the chick. As we all know he is into redheads. (RIP, but time to move on.....)
It's what ART would have done.

expat

Quote from: Morgus on September 14, 2019, 10:22:24 PM
WE NEED TO RESCHEDULE TONIGHT’S SHARRY EDWARD’S SHOW DUE TO A VIOLENT NEW MEXICO DESERT STORM WHICH FLUNG OPEN RICHARD’S OFFICE DOORS AND RAINED INTO THE ROOM â€" WETTING THE WIFI AND FLOODING FLOOR!

THERE IS NO WAY FOR HIM TO CONNECT TO THE
INTERNET UNTIL EVERYTHING DRIES OUT!

I suppose that's a bit more inventive than "the dog ate my homework".

=Schlyder=

LOL what a load of BS.  the wind flung the door open... rain on wifi..floor flooded...  pictures or it didn't happen Hoagie.

albrecht

RCH didn't even pop into Sunday's show. The guest was that wacky, I think former cop who now can "talk" to animals. She has been on C2C before. There she mentioned that "she lost some friends and family" when she decided to make a major career change and become an animal psychic.

Morgus

Hoagie made it on live tonight and right now has a guest reporting on the Area 51 event.

hahaha sometimes Hoagie breaks the 4th wall of his own theatrical world of bullshit. I was only half listening when he and his guest who refers to himself as an 'aerospace historian' but is in reality a conspiracy theorist but was quite lowkey - Hoagie of course is the opposite, the guest says something and Hoagie's wheels start turning and he's magnified the guest's comment into more evidence of his own vast conspiracy theory. The guest mentioned the city of Amarillo Texas a couple of times, Hoagie grabbed on to this and excitedly prodded his guest 'Michael, there it is again, Amarillo. That's no coincidence! Tell us what it means!' The guest is confused, he really doesn't know what Hoagie wants him to say and Hoagie isn't having any of that, of course the guest knows! The guest is pretty uncomfortable with Hoagie's crazy act and says 'I think I know what you mean but I prefer not to say. I don't have evidence.' To which Hoagie replies laughingly 'Michael, everything we talk about on this show we don't have any evidence for! LOL!' He actually said that, literally telling the audience that all his scientific theories are for entertainment purposes, he knows he has no real evidence for any of it that the mainstream world would accept.

He also said the Indian lunar module had the mishap landing on the moon because it crashed into one of those crystal structures he claims are all over the moon and further claimed that he had predicted this on the show on more than one occasion and he promised that he provide evidence for his claim in the coming weeks.

Somebody in his life should have told him 40 years ago that he'd be a lot more successful in life if he wrote science fiction for TV/Film/Books. He has a lot of scientific knowledge and a vivid imagination, he could have been a poor man's Gene or Isaac but he wanted to be Carl, of course without going through the hassle of earning a PhD in astrophysics.

crankshaft

I am astounded.

I thought he had thrown in the towel after that stint with the staircase.

I might remember to check to see if he has a show tonight. Maybe not, but we'll see how it goes and if I remember, I will check.