• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

norland2424

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 11:04:29 PM
I'd like to get to bed now, but I can't turn it off so easily after expecting to be up for MITD.  So I'll "gab" a little more.

Presumably the lights to be installed would be to blind people attempting to shoot from the direction of the public land.  Unfortunately that'd be fighting the last battle.  What else could you do about a sniper?  Run in a serpentine manner?

Have you ever tried shooting at anything with bright lights in your face?

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 11:06:54 PM
Who?

i shant say his name...but he has a thread in other shows/podcasts what ever thread

Catsmile

Quote from: weeberwubber on December 10, 2015, 10:24:52 PM
TherearealltypesofpeopleinthisworldThat'salotoftypesAllpeoplearenotonthisforumandyouwouldexpect
thattheuserbaseherecouldberathernarrowlydefinedAndsoitisthatwhenonetypeofpersonthatyoumight
notexpectappearsandinteractswithacertainplacelikeBellgabtheonlysurprisingthingisthatwecansome
timesstillbesurprisedthatithappensIt'shighlylikelythatmanypeoplewhoarefansofArtBellwouldenjoycoming
toaforumpopulatedbyfansofArtBellwhichmanyuserscametobysearching"GeorgyNoorySucks"because
wecouldn'tfathomArt'sreplacementbeingsowoefullyincompetentathisjobandbeoflikelikemindtoenjoy
ArtBellandresentGeorgeNooryGiventhemultitudeofpersonalitytypesit'sonlyslightlylesslikelythatsome
onewouldshowupwhoenjoyseyerollingandmockingthoseforummemberswhoindeedareArtBellfanswhile
resentingNoorywhileindeedisrecentlyaccountingfor30or40%ofthepostsinthethreadnamedforArtduring
hiswakinghoursYetsomehowitstillfeelssounlikelyastobesurprising.

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 10:47:52 PM
I'm new here, can someone translate this for me?

FIFY. Moar better nao?

anunnaki

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 10:32:49 PM
Wow. That's one hellava IF THEN thing you got going on there. I'm impressed sir!

He said "If then" ?  Where? Show me ?

Robert

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 11:07:49 PMHave you ever tried shooting at anything with bright lights in your face?
Do you mean it's easier than I think?

All I know is, the next time it'll be from up the street, or who knows where?

Ciardelo

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 11:14:10 PM
He said "If then" ?  Where? Show me ?
Oh how cute. Look everybody! I picked up my very own pet troll!

norland2424

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 11:15:02 PM
Do you mean it's easier than I think?

All I know is, the next time it'll be from up the street, or who knows where?

No being blinded by a bright light makes it harder to get a shot off, have you ever seen after a police chase at night that they flash there high beams at the existing suspect, its for that reason.

norland2424

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 11:16:00 PM

Ill leave a shovel out for ya if ya need it lol.

PrairieGhost

So they use Art's bumper music also huh?  ::)

anunnaki

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 11:16:00 PM

Oh look it's the "Liberal personal attack game- AKA- LPAG" when confronted with fact.

Your reading comprehension is getting worse. First you were missing things, now you're reading what isn't there, then when confronted it's LPAG.

This is what happens when you smoke too much Arctic Chaga

Ciardelo

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 11:18:35 PM
Ill leave a shovel out for ya if ya need it lol.
ha. Just a garden trowel ought to do it thanks.

Ciardelo

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 11:23:33 PM
Oh look it's the "Liberal personal attack game- AKA- LPAG" when confronted with fact.

Your reading comprehension is getting worse. First you were missing things, now you're reading what isn't there, then when confronted it's LPAG.

This is what happens when you smoke too much Arctic Chaga
Oh, I'd say following me around is very troll-like behaviour. If you don't like the label, quit doing the action.  Oh sorry, that a conditional statement. You don't understand common terms for a conditional statement do you?

Robert

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 11:17:43 PMNo being blinded by a bright light makes it harder to get a shot off, have you ever seen after a police chase at night that they flash there high beams at the existing suspect, its for that reason.
Then how does it contradict what I 1st wrote?  And how does it contradict the need for the beam to be aimed at the shooter?  Hence fighting the previous battle.  Last time the sound came from the public land to the west.  Next time the shooter could be elsewhere.

norland2424

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 11:04:29 PM
I'd like to get to bed now, but I can't turn it off so easily after expecting to be up for MITD.  So I'll "gab" a little more.

Presumably the lights to be installed would be to blind people attempting to shoot from the direction of the public land.  Unfortunately that'd be fighting the last battle.  What else could you do about a sniper?  Run in a serpentine manner?

this is what made no damn sense

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 10:44:51 PM
Never mind, it's OK, just because Oates is still pushing his reverse speech garbage has no bearing on Art. Any one can have him on at any time.
Didn't Oates and Art have a rather serious beef back in the old days after Art made him a C2C regular (and probably quadrupled his income)?

Robert

Quote from: norland2424 on December 10, 2015, 11:45:35 PMthis is what made no damn sense
I meant "last" in the sense of previous, not final.  What I meant was that just because the last threat seemed to come from the direction of the BLM land, that doesn't mean the next one will be, therefore it may not be worth the time & expense to install lights aimed in that direction, as Art's recent update indicated they would.  What might one do under the threat of sniper fire not knowing which direction it would come from?

Roswells, Art

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 10, 2015, 11:50:04 PM
Didn't Oates and Art have a rather serious beef back in the old days after Art made him a C2C regular (and probably quadrupled his income)?

Yes, Oates reverse speeched Art. I don't want to repeat it here but it wasn't pretty. There was a lawsuit I think, Art won, I think .

Ciardelo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 10, 2015, 11:55:28 PM
Yes, Oates reverse speeched Art. I don't want to repeat it here but it wasn't pretty. There was a lawsuit i think Art won.
Oh snap. That explains so much. Thanks.

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 11, 2015, 12:00:01 AM
Oh snap. That explains so much. Thanks.

Also i guess Art told him not to present a certain  reverse speech on his show but he did anyway so Art never let him on again. That is when Oates came up with the Art reverse speech.

It's late, i think that's how it went though

Ciardelo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 11, 2015, 12:11:26 AM
Also i guess Art told him not to present a certain  reverse speech on his show but he did anyway so Art never let him on again. That is when Oates came up with the Art reverse speech.
I just had heard the first part and assumed the falling out was over Oates overstepping his bounds on the air. Man that Oates is a real piece of work.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 11, 2015, 12:11:26 AM

It's late, i think that's how it went though
Thnx.  I never bought the Oates thing and got pretty sick of him being on so often.  Good riddance afaic.

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: VtaGeezer on December 10, 2015, 11:50:04 PM
Yeah...and also that fake Navy Seal guy, Robert A.M. Stevens, the "reap the whirlwind" jackass.

Heh. Then again, maybe it's J.C. out there.

ART...two words, buddy: LAND MINES

norland2424

Quote from: Gumby, Dammit on December 11, 2015, 12:32:14 AM
Yeah...and also that fake Navy Seal guy, Robert A.M. Stevens, the "reap the whirlwind" jackass.

Heh. Then again, maybe it's J.C. out there.

ART...two words, buddy: LAND MINES

Lilith

Welcome to bellgab!  Post Often!  8)

whoozit

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 10, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
true. it is also true that everyone that wears shoes, puts their left shoe on last. amirite?  ;)
I put on my middle shoe last.

GravitySucks

Quote from: whoozit on December 11, 2015, 06:56:15 AM
I put on my middle shoe last.
I put my penultimate shoe on first.

CornyCrow

Yeah.  I couldn't figure it out, either. 

onan

It means:

I like to think, when I'm drunk.