• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

bateman

Quote from: BellBoy on December 10, 2015, 06:18:53 PM
Yes, those "Benadryl & vodkas"  ;)

I saw a commercial for a prescription laxative specifically for people on opioids. There really is a drug for everything.

zeebo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2015, 06:21:52 PM
Ha!  That looks like Jeb Bush being taken down by a giant armadillo.

I thought it was Arnold S. wrestling with a mutant pill-bug.

bellNwhistle

The poop pic was in reference to the keep calm and run for your life..  darn quotes gone wrong!

BellBoy

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 10, 2015, 06:30:10 PM
The poop pic was in reference to the keep calm and run for your life..  darn quotes gone wrong!

If you really need to poop, South Dakota has some of the best amenities you could hope for :)

ItsOver

Quote from: bateman on December 10, 2015, 06:27:59 PM
I saw a commercial for a prescription laxative specifically for people on opioids. There really is a drug for everything.
There's no doubt a drug to counter the prescription laxative, as well.  I love these stupid pharmaceutical commercials that spend most of the time chattering about all the possible side effects, including death.  Eh, and just why do I want to take this drug? 

bellNwhistle

Quote from: BellBoy on December 10, 2015, 06:36:16 PM
If you really need to poop, South Dakota has some of the best amenities you could hope for :)

a toilet shower? Hmm..  I'll have to give that some thought.

Catsmile

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 10, 2015, 06:29:08 PM

Easy posting the racy photos!!!
Some of us are in a work cubical here!!
My boss won't like all the lewd images and language in the office.
Thanks.

bellNwhistle

I'll try to cut down on the "elimination" photos.   ;D

Ciardelo

Quote from: Catsmile on December 10, 2015, 07:00:06 PM
Easy posting the racy photos!!!
Some of us are in a work cubical here!!
My boss won't like all the lewd images and language in the office.
Thanks.
Nice.

phrodo

Quote from: ItsOver on December 10, 2015, 06:36:23 PM
There's no doubt a drug to counter the prescription laxative, as well.  I love these stupid pharmaceutical commercials that spend most of the time chattering about all the possible side effects, including death.  Eh, and just why do I want to take this drug?

No shit. They spend the first 10 seconds of a 60 second commercial telling you what it can do for you -- and the other 50 seconds telling you how many ways it can kill you.

Quote from: phrodo on December 10, 2015, 07:45:24 PM
No shit. They spend the first 10 seconds of a 60 second commercial telling you what it can do for you -- and the other 50 seconds telling you how many ways it can kill you.

That's one of the things I credit the Obama Administration with. I remember that was one of the first things they passed was a truth in advertising thing on pharmaceutical companies. All of a sudden pill commercials went from looking like really fun drug trips to fun drug trips while an announcer tells you really fast all the ways the pill can kill you.

As someone who was around a lot of oxy heads back in the day, I laughed and WTFed at the pill that makes you poop on opiates too. Wonder what that's going for on the streets?

I'm really annoyed the shooter pulled his freak out on a Thursday and ruined open lines. Clearly the guy isn't in his right mind because if he was going by a coherent plan, he'd attack on a night before a UFO Investigator was on.

chefist

Ok, which one of you nuts have been shooting at Art again?  ::)

Ciardelo

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 07:58:05 PM
That's one of the things I credit the Obama Administration with. I remember that was one of the first things they passed was a truth in advertising thing on pharmaceutical companies. All of a sudden pill commercials went from looking like really fun drug trips to fun drug trips while an announcer tells you really fast all the ways the pill can kill you.

As someone who was around a lot of oxy heads back in the day, I laughed and WTFed at the pill that makes you poop on opiates too. Wonder what that's going for on the streets?

I'm really annoyed the shooter pulled his freak out on a Thursday and ruined open lines. Clearly the guy isn't in his right mind because if he was going by a coherent plan, he'd attack on a night before a UFO Investigator was on.
It was the FDA in 1997 that made the rule change.

/Is there anything Obama can't do?
//Thanks Obama!

deadmeow

There is no independent news media on television, (not just because of government), and a big part of that is big pharma.  You can't watch mainstream television news without countless ads pushing toxic pills that can kill you 50 different ways.

bateman

Quote from: deadmeow on December 10, 2015, 08:18:39 PM
There is no independent news media on television, (not just because of government), and a big part of that is big pharma.  You can't watch mainstream television news without countless ads pushing toxic pills that can kill you 50 different ways.

There's a pill for your cynicism.

anunnaki

I guess Art will be giving his Lumen Photon a good workout tonight !

anunnaki

Quote from: VoteQuimby on December 10, 2015, 07:58:05 PM

"Not in his Right Mind"

Left Handed people use the Right side of their Brains,
Right Handed people use the Left side of their Brains,
Most people are Right Handed,
Most people are not in their Right Minds.    :o

Roswells, Art

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 10, 2015, 08:12:31 PM
It was the FDA in 1997 that made the rule change.

/Is there anything Obama can't do?
//Thanks Obama!

Yeah Quimby is one of my favorite posters but i remember the warnings way before obama.

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 08:33:43 PM

"Not in his Right Mind"

Left Handed people use the Right side of their Brains,
Right Handed people use the Left side of their Brains,
Most people are Right Handed,
Most people are not in their Right Minds.    :o

true. it is also true that everyone that wears shoes, puts their left shoe on last. amirite?  ;)

My mistake, I thought someone would bust me. It was a loose memory of an Obama campaign promise. I remember vague details about it but I might be misremembering it. I remember a distinct difference but maybe I'm not remembering it properly.

anunnaki

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 10, 2015, 08:40:54 PM
true. it is also true that everyone that wears shoes, puts their left shoe on last. amirite?  ;)

Yes because it's the last one that is the one that's left to put on ! ::) :o :P

Quote from: anunnaki on December 10, 2015, 08:44:47 PM
Yes because it's the last one that is the one that's left to put on ! ::) :o :P

and it wins a lot of five dollar bar bets after a few...  ;D

anunnaki

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on December 10, 2015, 08:48:33 PM
and it wins a lot of five dollar bar bets after a few...  ;D

First time I heard it. Will save and remember for some free brews. Thanks  ;D

gabrielle

Art must be ok...on his facebook page he posted the following:

Art Bell: If you are going to use bad language please go some place else, people who can not find a way to say what they want without using foul language are no doubt limited in other mental ways.

Robert

Quote from: Dyna-X on December 10, 2015, 11:45:36 AMordinary non-famous folks get crimes committed against them everyday and the police barely have time to make a report, let alone investigate.
True, but this is not just "a crime".  This is an ongoing threat.  The commonest situation in which this sort of thing comes up is in domestic disputes such as wife-beating or child abuse.  2nd most common is gang activity where the aggression is usually mutual.  Most crimes by contrast are discrete events that the police practically can't do anything about because they're over by the time they're reported.

Tonight at 9pm pacific would be a great time to have a gabcast since there isn't Art to listen to

Robert

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on December 10, 2015, 11:55:00 AMSince we are wildly speculating, let's decide to where Art should relocate.

I vote for wherever that caller and his wife were tunneling into Mt. Shasta to avoid the meteor impact or whatever "it" was that was going to kill us all.

"Coming to you from one of North America's mysterious power points, this is Midnight in Mt. Shasta..."

It has a certain ring.
I thought "From Manila in the Philippines" sounded dramatic & exotic.  Then again, with his delivery, he could say, "From the toilet at the bar down the corner," & it'd sound dramatic & exotic.

Catsmile

Quote from: Robert on December 10, 2015, 09:08:18 PM
I thought "From Manila in the Philippines" sounded dramatic & exotic.  Then again, with his delivery, he could say, "From the toilet at the bar down the corner," & it'd sound dramatic & exotic.

Yeah it sounds dramatic & exotic until you're actually in Manila, then not so much.

CornyCrow

He appears to be so self-sufficient right where he is, but if this lone nut causes so many problems Art really needs to think about better security measures.  If we did have some sort of national emergency I think he'd be vulnerable.

It's strange that the intruder has made no mention of the shows to which he objects.   Maybe he has.  Maybe there is more known about this that Art has not divulged.